"Wherever he is, that's where I'll be."

Clash of the Players
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

School started months ago and everything was about the same as the years in the past: new teachers, new classmates, hanging out with Howon and Myungsoo, etc. The only new change was Haeri. But she seemed to adapt very quickly, making many friends, despite being the shy person she is. Although, she did become a lot less shy recently... which was strange since she changed so much in such a small period of time.

You were walking to school with Howon since Myungsoo was sick. Haeri didn’t come out of her house when you and Howon were waiting for her, so you two just left in order to get to class on time. Howon opened the door to your fifth grade class for you and you both entered. School went by pretty fast, but not fast enough. There wasn’t a playful Myungsoo to bother you every five seconds, although Howon being more cheerful than usual did make up for it.

The bell rang, signaling that the day was over. You and Howon made your way home, in time to see Myungsoo closing the door in Haeri’s face. She crossed your lawn to her house.

“So, where were you all day today?” You asked, curious.

She didn’t look like she was sick, so why didn’t she come to school?

“I was at Myungsoo oppa’s house.” She smiled.

“The whole day?” Howon asked, raising an eyebrow.

She beamed, “Yup! He was sick, so I stayed at his house the whole day and took care of him. I’m coming over tomorrow since he still looks pretty sick.”

“Why are you always around Myungsoo?” Howon asked. “Not that there’s anything wrong with it, but I just wondered.”

You were curious as well and waited for her answer.

“Wherever he is, that’s where I’ll be.” She replied, smiling brightly.

“Oh, well… alright.” Was all you could say.

It kind of sounded stalker-ish? Creepy? But, maybe she really cared for him and wants to always be around him, to make sure he was ok.

“I have to go. I’m going to make Myungsoo oppa soup and feed it to him tomorrow!” She ran into her house.

“Um…” Howon didn’t know what to say after that. “Should we visit Myungsoo?”

You nodded. “Sure,”

The reason Howon asked that was because ever since Haeri became your friend, she’s always stuck next to Myungsoo’s side like glue. Like she said, where he was, she was as well. Myungsoo seemed to be really agitated whenever she’d pop up and make excuses to leave. You rang the doorbell and his mom opened the door.

“Oh, ~~~-ah, Howon-ah. Myungsoo is in his room. I think he could use your company.” She let out a light chuckle.

You and Howon took off your shoes and went straight to Myungsoo’s room. Before entering, you heard his voice.

“Why don’t you go away?! I don’t need you to take care of me like I’m a baby! Aish!”

Howon opened the door to reveal Myungsoo glaring at his pillow. If looks

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter