Second Chance

Clash of the Players
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This chapter is L's ending. Hoya's ending is the next chapter.

~~~~~~

“~~~-ah,” You froze from where you were standing, but made no move to turn around. “Just because you don’t acknowledge doesn’t mean I’m going to leave.”

Myungsoo’s voice was much closer than before. You abruptly turned around and immediately took a step back to avoid your face fully colliding with his chest.

“Did you need something?” You asked hesitantly.

“Howon hyung said you had something you needed to tell me.”

You inwardly cursed your best friend. You loved Howon, you really did, but him taking the first step in informing Myungsoo that you had something to say to him allowed no escape routes. Then again, maybe this was for the best. If it were up to you, you’d probably prolong this confrontation. Knowing Howon as long as you have, despite him saying he’d tell Myungsoo about your feelings for him, you knew he wouldn’t. Maybe it was better this way – Howon always had your best interests in mind.

“You were right.”

Myungsoo’s expression made it evident he was confused. “Um, I’m sorry, what?”

You repeated your answer and added, “About me.”

“I was right… about you.” He restated, still trying to grasp the meaning of your words. “Uh, what was I right about again?”

“That I like you, stupid!” You burst out, covering your mouth as realization hit.

You weren’t sure of what to make of the silence that ensued after your accidental confession; was he repulsed of your feelings towards him or was he still trying to understand what you said? You couldn’t blame him if it were the former.

However, since you were so wrapped in your own thoughts, you didn’t have enough time to brace yourself for Myungsoo’s sudden embrace. You opened your mouth to speak, but Myungsoo shook his head, burying his face into your neck as he tightened his hug around your shoulders.

“…you don’t know how relieved I am to hear that.” He whispered into your skin.

You slowly wrapped your arms around his waist and closed your eyes before inhaling his scent from his shirt. “I’m sorry. For everything I’ve done

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter