The Bet

Clash of the Players
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a regular day at school, almost two weeks after the volleyball match. If Haeri’s nose healed when the doctor said it should, she’d be back at school in two days. You were sitting in class during lunch, reading a book. Today was one of those days where you just wanted to be alone, immersing yourself in a fictional world, where problems didn’t seem to exist.

“If we dislike each other so much, why don’t we make a bet?” Myungsoo said, appearing at the door of the classroom.

“I don’t see why there’s a need for a bet.” You said turning a page of your book, not getting where he was going with this.

“It’s simple, really. If I win, then you’ll announce that Infinite is better, wearing an outfit of my choice. If I lose, I’ll announce that Eternity is better, wearing an outfit of your choice. Pride is the most important thing, right?” He asked, taking a seat in the chair in front of your desk.

He was right. Pride was the most important thing to the queenkas and kingkas here at Woollim. It’d be hilarious to see Myungsoo announcing that Eternity was better while wearing a mini skirt, sparkly top, and killer heels. You were looking forward to winning.

“What type of bet were you thinking?” You asked.

“How about this… four months. You and I become a couple. Whoever falls for the other first loses.”

Well that just changes everything.

“No worries. You don’t need to answer me urgently. I’ll see you tomorrow and hopefully by then you’ll have an answer for me.” Myungsoo said, leaving the room.

You sat there and continued reading your book. After every page, you flipped to the next, but nothing seemed to be going into your head. You couldn’t comprehend the words you were reading because what Myungsoo just proposed was all that filled your head. Was it really a good idea to accept his challenge?

“The bet is also a win-win thing. You break Myungsoo’s heart in the end and get Haeri jealous.” Eunhee said when you told the girls about the bet at the club.

“True!” Misun said from her spot next to a random guy. “Very true!”

 “I guess I’ll agree to it then…” You finally said.  

“We’ll be behind you every step of the way.” Miyoung assured.

“Th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter