Chapter 24: What's Mine Is Mine

Annyeong Appa! (Hello Daddy!)

Previously... (Chapter 23)

 

"They're just getting a taste, believe me. I have so much more in store for those two." Eun Jae said as her mind began to obsess over a plan. "Eun Jae, just make sure you're careful. One wrong move and you could lose Jaekyung and hurt people most especially yourself." Mina said and Eun Jae turned to her friend, taking her hand and smiling. "I'm glad I've met you as a friend. I always felt alone and when Jaekyung came all I had in my was to protect her and now I have you who puts concern over her shoulder over me and I'm thankful." Eun Jae said and Mina felt confused. "It is weird, but I just wanted you to know that I do care and appreciate you because I'm about to enter into a battle that will be bloody and it might hurt me and you." Eun Jae said and Mina sighed.

 

"I'm saying this in advance because I know people will come after everyone I know and care and that is you and Jaekyung. I'm prepared to protect my daughter but I can't give you my one hundred percent but I am now asking if you will be willing to do this for me and my daughter. If you're not I will pack my things and find a motel to stay in and let you stay out of this mess." Eun Jae said and Mina smiled. "Don't be silly I will stand by you." Mina said and Eun Jae smiled.

 

"Don't worry, I will make sure they go away. I'm doing everything for my baby. Those two will see hell for what it really is."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello friends, this won't be a long chapter I'm sorry, I'm just not feeling well right now :((

 

Chapter 24: What's Mine Is Mine

 

"You do realize that this is a major problem right?" Yunho asked Jaejoong as he continued to scroll down the articles online about the controversy Jaejoong was facing. "I know..." Jaejoong mumbled as he stared at the ceiling, clueless as to what he had to do really. "What I can tell you is, you need to put Jaekyung ahead of everything. I know it will be damaging to your career, to be honest damages have been made already, but Jaekyung is a child, you need to hide her from all of this." Yunho said and Jaejoong was slowly taking everything in. It has already been a week since the controversy exploded. Jaejoong still didn't know where Eun Jae was, she was in hiding after the article was exposed by the media. Jaejoong sent his daughter to live with his birth mother for the meantime, but still the press were persistent and even started camping out his mother's house.

 

"What did our manager tell you?" Junsu asked, "He told me to lay low. All concerts have been postponed. I'm basically a sitting duck right now. I still don't even know where Eun Jae is. Unless I find her, this probably would just prolong and get worse." Jaejoong said and sighed. He was tired, he just didn't know what to do anymore. But deep inside he saw it coming. He knew that it wasn't long until something controversial would happen, it's just that he didn't expect it to be completely soon.

 

"Did you try calling her?" Yunho asked and Jaejoong nodded. "I tried everything. I have my old friend looking for her, and honestly I can tell that he is just laughing at the fact that we are back at square one, looking for her all over again." Jaejoong explained, in the past Jaejoong had asked the same friend to look for her back when he was still not over her, back then Jaejoong only had good intentions, he only wanted to provide for her and protect her because on that very night he was how vulnerable she was, he saw how she needed someone in her life. But now, Jaejoong is at the state of confusion. He doesn't understand why Eun Jae could be the way she is. Maybe he can, but to him it felt like there was something more that he didn't know. There was something that he needed to know, but at this very moment all he felt for her was anger, he didn't want to see her but he knew he had to see her. He needed to get everything back to the way it is and get everything fixed.

 

-

 

"You want us to do what?" Mina asked in surprise as she was inches from dropping her hot mug of coffee. "Please, I know it sounds crazy but... I really need for us to do this." Eun Jae said and Mina just had to take a second to swallow in the information for a while. "You are giving them more ammo to use against you when the custody hearing starts. You don't even have a solid lawyer yet." Mina said and Eun Jae groaned. "I know, I've saved up so much for a great lawyer, and I can see this as my only way of winning. Jaejoong is right, I don't have money or the means to provide properly for Jaekyung. But I will not have him win her." Eun Jae said, her blood was just poison at this moment, and anyone who crosses Eun Jae was asking for a beating.

 

"My sister could help... But the problem is how are we gonna take her with the media having a parade outside that 's mother's house? How are we going to get there without getting caught." Mina said and Eun Jae paced around trying to think of anyway possible. She needed for the plan to be a go, she needed Jaejoong and Tiffany not to only be hurt, but so she could win her daughter and take her away from everything. She had so much regret for what she did, she had so much regret for introducing her daughter but at the same time she felt weak on her knees knowing her daughter was going through life without a father, but she never imagined the situation turning sour.

 

"I need to borrow some money..." Eun Jae told Mina and Mina was just confused.

 

-

 

"Go away! Ugh!" Seyoung, Jaejoong's sister said as she closed the blinds. "What's wrong?" Jaekyung asked as she stood there, cute and sleepy while holding onto her favorite stuff toy. Seyoung felt her anger just go away at the sight of her, she knelt down and hugged her niece. "It's nothing, just evil people. Are you hungry?" Seyoung asked and Jaekyung nodded. "What happened?" Seo Jin, Jaejoong's biological mother, came in from her bedroom. "Just the press, they were trying to get us to open the door." Seyoung said as she stood up and walked to the kitchen with Jaekyung in her arms. "Well, I talked to your brother." Seo Jin said as she placed her iPad on the table an sat down. "He told me he wanted to move us farther away. I told him I had to talk to you about it because you have a life here too." Seo Jin said and Seyoung smiled. "I'm fine, I don't care where we move as long as we make sure that Jaekyung is safe. I just want this-" she gestured towards the front door where behind it awaited a sea of hungry media. "to go away for good." Seyoung finished and sighed. "I know it's hard on you too, but we need to help your brother." Seo Jin said. Seyoung came back with a bowl of preheated soup and gave some to Jaekyung, as she brushed Jaekyung's head. she sat next to her.

 

"I'm not complaining about having to help him. I'm more than glad and I know that as a family we should. I'm just worried. What if something bad happens? What if something even worse occurs? If the press is having a frenzy now, all of them are practically in competition to take the first exclusive out to the world." Seyoung said. "Will we be prepared?" Seyoung asked her mother and neither did her mother have an answer. She too was worried. It was a good idea sending Jaekyung to extended family, but they only have few resources of protecting Jaekyung as compared to Jaejoong.

 

At that night, the press had settled. Seyoung immediately exited her home and people swarmed her, but she brushed them all of and rushed into the first cab she could find. Trying to out smart them, she paid the cab driver to drive around until she lost them, and then she'd get dropped off somewhere for the press to continue following the cab and so she could be out wth her friends.

 

Once she was able to commit, she met with a couple of her friends at a convenience store who all were just as curious but they knew better than to press her. "Hey, I'll just go buy a soda." Seyoung told her friends and she went back inside the store, as she grabbed a can she came fact to face with Eun Jae. Seyoung was surprised nonetheless, and as much as she wanted to be angry she knew she couldn't. She had a bone to pick with her. "We need to talk." Eun Jae said and Seyoung looked out the store window where all her friends were. "I'm busy." Seyoung tried to give a little attitude and Eun Jae just rolled her eyes. "Its important." Eun Jae stood her ground and Seyoung knew that if the press were persistent, even Eun Jae could be. "Fine, meet me at the diner next door. No one usually goes there at this hour and I know the owner." Seyoung said.

 

-

 

"I called my mom, she said that Jaekyung just went to bed. The media is still having a camp out outside her place. They can barely go out. Even when Seyoung went out the press continued to pester her but she was able to deal with it." Jaejoong said as he got ready for bed. He was on the phone with Tiffany. Despite their argument Tiffany was still willing to be there for Jaejoong. Their conversations for the previous week has all been about Jaekyung, no one wanted to bring up the elephant in the room. "Well I'm being grilled for it too. We had a press conference today for the leg of our tour and all questions were directed at me, and all questions were about us and Jaekyung and that devil." Tiffany said and Jaejoong wanted to call Tiffany out for calling Eun Jae a devil but he didn't need to add salt to the wound. "I'm sorry about that too." Jaejoong said and Tiffany just sighed on the other end of the phone.

 

"We haven't talked about where we are at us yet." Jaejoong said and Tiffany let out a heavy sigh. "Let's not go there. We need to fix the situation at hand first. We can't bring everything into the pot, its a bad mix. You need to put focus on Jaekyung first. She's priority. Don't worry, I'm holding my end of the fort. I'll be fine. The girls are more than glad to help put down the issue, they feel worried for Jaekyung too, they don't like seeing a child being placed into the media like that." Tiffany reassured Jaejoong, Jaejoong just didn't know what way he could thank Tiffany. She has been a solid rock for him. Despite all the differences and everything that had happened she was still looking out for Jaejoong's best interest and she shared the same concerns about Jaekyung.

 

"Thank you so much." Jaejoong said and Tiffany smiled from her end. Jaejoong and Tiffany ended their call and Jaejoong just laid in bed, trying to think of how he was going to protect his daughter and settle down the issue. He wanted to hold a press conference but her manager had told him to back down and just let the issue flow for the mean time while the company thinks of a more strategic situation to fix it. It wasn't helping that other celebrities were being questioned if they knew anything, and at the moment when new promotions were being made and concerts were being settled. They had fear for the reputation of the compnay and most especially Jaejoong. He was walking in egg shells.

 

It didn't take long till Jaejoong's phone rang, and a panicked call interrupted his thoughts.

 

-

 

Hours before that panicked phone call, Seyoung and Eun Jae were talking at the back of a diner in the employee's lounge. "What do you wanna talk about?" Seyoung asked as she took a sip of her soda. "I'm willing to pay you and your mother to make it look like my daughter was kidnapped." Eun Jae just came out with it. She didn't want going any other direction. Her on point situation shocked Seyoung and she didn't know if Eun Jae was a complete psycho. "Excuse me? You want me to do what?" Seyoung said and Seyoung just laughed. "You are insane. No amount in this world will get me to do that. I love my niece and I love my brother. Do you really think I'd side with you?" Seyoung said and Eun Jae seemed calm, and that alone made Seyoung curious. Eun Jae found herself crying, she buried her face in her hands.

 

Seyoung felt her heart soften. She knew that it couldn't be easy for Eun Jae as well, she was after all the mother. She knew that everything was hard on her as well. She knew her well enough through how Jaekyung colorfully described her mother who sacrificed everything for her. Seyoung stood up and sat next to Eun Jae, patting her back. "Listen, I will never bring this up to anyone. This conversation we had is between us. I can't have anymore controversies out. What you asked of me is just ridiculous, I would never do it for the right reasons and I know that you are trying your best as a mother. This isn't the solution. Settle this with my brother, let your daughter have a normal peaceful life. You both owe her that." Seyoung said and stood up. "Please, don't think of who gets to have her, think of what she needs and how you two are going to work as great parent to give Jaekyung the love that she needs." Seyoung said and walked away.

 

When Seyoung left Eun Jae grabbed a tissue from her bag and immediately wiped her tears. She grabbed her phone and called Mina. "What happened?" Eun Jae asked as she sniffled. "Its done already, no one saw and everything seems good. I'm surprised no one noticed. There were just a couple outside her house. My sister went through the back." Mina said and Eun Jae sighed in relief. "You didn't hurt anyone right?" Eun Jae asked. "Don't worry, we went in, we took her and we ran for it. I'll see you at the address okay?" Mina said and Eun Jae nodded. "Thank you."

 

She ended the call and tried to relax her body. She placed her emotions to where it should be and inhaled and exhaled.

 

She had her way, and her plan was just as it was.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

oh my god what happened?! oh my god what happened?!

 

well you are all gonna find out in the next chapter lol im sorry its short im just not feeling well and it seems as if this chapter is a bit confusing at certain points because i was confused because i had so much distractions.