Chapter 11: The Tale of the Prince and the Beautiful Girl

Annyeong Appa! (Hello Daddy!)

I'm sorry it took years..

 

FLASHBACK (From Chapter 10):

 

“Do you think they did? Your friend Jung Suk said that he saw her at the diner he was eating at. She was applying for a job when Jung Suk interviewed the woman by the cashier who your little lost girlfriend spoke to. Before he could explain or call us she made a run for it and disappeared in the crowd that was walking by at the sidewalk. He wasn’t even able to get a trace of her, but his partner remembered exactly what she wore and what her backpack looked like. It’s not much help since she could switch outfits and maybe dump the bag.” Manager Jang said as he sat down and ran his fingers through his hair.

 

Jaejoong felt equally irritated. He really wanted Eun Jae to be found. For things to be settled. Deep inside he knew he would regret something like this if it were to ever happen. Deep inside, way down there, he didn’t want her to be found. He had a feeling that old flames can really patch up. That one moment he saw her, he felt himself falling over her again, and with the pain Tiffany feels over some concerns, he was afraid of losing Tiffany too.

 

“Stay low. After that little scenario with Tiffany Hwang of SNSD, I’m afraid of rumors going around. And not everything can be kept inside SM Entertainment building even if we had all employees on watch. So keep a low profile with Tiffany, be happy when you are with her, crack some jokes, give her stuff. Just pretend as if you are courting Tiffany. Just. Stay. Low.” Manager Jang said before getting up and walking out.

 

Jaejoong sighed. He ran his fingers through his hair. He looked outside the window, it was already 6:40 p.m. and the sky was dark. He approached the window and looked down. He saw a couple of SM Entertainment artist fans downstairs talking pictures of themselves by the door of SM Entertainment and even one with the security guard by the front door. He watched all the cars race by quickly.

 

“Oppa.” Tiffany’s voice echoed through the practice room. Jaejoong turned around and found Tiffany holding onto a white plastic bag. The stench of food aroused and Jaejoong felt his stomach grumble. After some awkward silence they sat down at the center of the practice room and Tiffany opened up all the food she bought from the cafeteria downstairs.

 

“Sorry if its only little, the cafeteria was actually closing up. Apparently, it’s the birthday of the cook so Soo Man sshi allowed them to take an early leave. I begged the cook to please let me have some left-overs for us to chow on. I know you haven’t eaten yet ever since that… Incident…” Tiffany said.

 

“It’s best if we don’t talk about it alright? I’m sorry for hurting you like that Tiff, you know I love you right?” Jaejoong said and Tiffany nodded her head with a weak smile. But deep inside she doubted Jaejoong’s love for her. They spent the rest of the time feeding each other and sharing silly stories of their high school days.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Chapter 11: The Tale of the Prince and the Beautiful Girl

 

 

It’s been two weeks since that whole drama with Jaejoong and Tiffany. No sight of Eun Jae was yet reported at the time and Jaejoong’s friend Jung Suk is trying his best to look for her, he even set up CCTV cameras by the diner that he saw her at and circulated the area the diner was at in case they would spot her once again. Based on what they got from the cashier they knew she was desperate for a job so they began to ask the places around hiring or looking for people to work for them.

 

“Do you think Jaejoong hyung has forgotten about looking for Eun Jae?” Changmin asked as he and the rest were eating at a separate table from Jaejoong and Tiffany at the cafeteria. Jaekyung was busy eating her rice with red bean paste. Jaejoong and Tiffany have been happy after the whole incident was put to rest between them but deep inside Tiffany really wanted this girl to be found and to tell her to stay away from Jaejoong.

 

“Hey, I got a text from manager hyung telling me to round you guys up to head back to the practice room. Seems like he wants to tell us something important since he wants Tiffany to take Jaekyung while we talk.” Yunho said as he read the rest of the text.

 

“Jaejoong hyung!” Junsu called out towards Jaejoong and he looked at them, quite annoyed.

 

“Manager Jang wants us to head back to the practice room so don’t give me that look.” Junsu said as he felt terrified over Jaejoong’s evil glare. Jaejoong rolled his eyes and got up as they headed out of the cafeteria. At the hallway of the practice rooms they stopped midway.

 

“Jaekyung ah, you need to go with your Tiffany unni first alright? Your oppas are going to go have an important and private talk with Manager Jang, I’ll pick you up and bring you for ice cream later in a while if you behave properly okay?” Yunho asked as he leveled himself with Jaekyung. Jaekyung nodded her head and Yunho stood up and looked at Tiffany.

 

“Tiffany, do you mind? Manager hyung says it’s quite important and its best if Jaekyung stays away first…” Yunho said and Tiffany nodded her head. She pecked Jaejoong’s cheek and took Jaekyung towards SNSD’s practice room. Jaejoong felt a heavy feeling inside when they began to walk to the practice room.

 

When the door opened the heavier it got…

 

He saw his friend Jung Suk there with two other policemen talking to Manager Jang and their Han Seul noona. The boys were acknowledged and told to sit down at the side by the long table with the others. The boys stared back at the policemen, Jung Suk, Manager Jang and Han Seul who all had gloomy faces. Jung Suk then cleared his throat.

 

“This isn’t really easy to say-”

 

“Just be straightforward with us please. We don’t want any suspense giving us heavy burdens on the inside.” Yunho spoke out and Jung Suk nodded his head. He turned to face Manager Jang to get a go signal and Manager Jang nodded his head.

 

“We found Eun Jae but…” Jung Suk was about to continue but stopped himself first as he tried to inhale some air first. He felt a heavy feeling as well, he didn’t want the burden of telling them but he had no choice but to tell them.

 

“She’s dead.” Jung Suk said and the boys were shocked. Jaejoong had a blank look on his face.  Deep inside he was torn and broken. It was like his heart was ripped into shreds and burned into ashes. He couldn’t believe what he just heard. He didn’t know whether to believe it or not but from the looks of it, he had no choice but to believe.

 

“I’m so sorry Jaejoong…” Jung Suk said as he stared at his friend. Everyone turned their attention to Jaejoong who hasn’t spoken, cry or reacted at all whatsoever. They all stared at him and wondered if he would cry at some point but no tears were shown. Jaejoong then cleared his throat.

 

“Manager hyung… I’m going to take Jaekyung home…” Jaejoong said in his husky voice. Their Manager was a bit overwhelmed and unsure of Jaejoong’s real feelings. He simply nodded his head and Jaejoong left. He headed towards the girls’ practice room and when Tiffany saw him by the door she quickly ran to him and hugged him.

 

“Oppa!” She coed but Jaejoong felt a bit bitter and slowly pulled her arms away from his waist.

 

“I don’t like being hugged by my waist Tiff, you know that…” Jaejoong said softly, trying not to show that his voice was slowly cracking.

 

“Jaekyung ah, let’s go home…” Jaejoong said and Jaekyung bid goodbye to the others and left, leaving Tiffany to feel dumbfounded.

 

-

 

“Why are we going home? It’s only 3 o’clock!” Jaekyung said as she pointed at the time in Jaejoong’s car. Often, they would come home really late at night because Jaejoong was too busy and would simply pick Jaekyung up and bring her to his car while she slept. Jaejoong remained silent and didn’t want to reply to her question.

 

“Are you ok?” Jaekyung asked but no response.

 

“I know you are my appa…” Jaekyung said and Jaejoong turned his head to look at her but turned his attention back to the road as he continued to drive.

 

“Tiffany unni told me that you are my appa and that Tiffany unni can be my eomma, but I told her I have my own eomma and that she’ll come back for me again.” Jaekyung said and Jaejoong’s grip on the steering wheel tightened. He suddenly felt a tear stroll down his cheeks and Jaekyung turned her head and saw him crying.

 

“Why are you crying… Appa?” Jaekyung asked and Jaejoong stopped his car at the side and turned his head to face Jaekyung. He felt so relieved with her calling him that, but he felt the pain in his heart knowing there was no one there for her to call eomma, for him to call yeobo. Despite his love for Tiffany, Jaejoong can’t lie to himself and say that he doesn’t love Eun Jae more, and that he’d marry her in a heartbeat.

 

“Your eomma… Won’t be coming in a while…” Jaejoong said as he tried to wipe his tears away with the back of his hand. Jaekyung tilted her head to the side out of confusion.

 

“Why? Is eomma on a vacation? Did you talk to her?” Jaekyung asked and Jaejoong nodded his head instead and continued to drive.

 

“Where did eomma go? Can we call her please? Please appa? Please?” Jaekyung begged but Jaejoong shook his head.

 

“She’s far away and she’s not allowed to use a phone so we’ll just have to wait for her to comeback okay?” Jaejoong said and sniffed. Jaekyung nodded her head. Then moments of silence arouse again.

 

“Why are you crying?” Jaekyung asked and Jaejoong just ignored the question and continued to drive. Jaekyung felt nervous but she didn’t think it would be right to continue pestering Jaejoong with the same question all over again.

 

-

 

“Manager hyung, this is so wrong…” Yunho said as he stared at his manager. “I know it is but do you think Jaejoong will concentrate when this girl is out there and not found? And what more if she was found? And it’s good for him and Tiffany anyway. I’m doing him a huge favor.” Manager Jang said as he tried to stray his gaze from the boys.

 

“Hyung, what about Jaekyung? Don’t you think she’ll wonder where her eomma is? What if Jaejoong hyung tells her and then she risks her life thinking her eomma’s dead?! What if after going through that kind of experience she grows up to see a woman who resembles her, only to discovers it’s her so called dead mother?! Even if hyung doesn’t know you make him look like a pestering liar towards his own child.” Yoochun said, angrily.

 

Manager Jang simply ignored it and sent them off as he left the room before them. “I feel bad.” Jung Suk said. “Jung Suk, you need to find her real quick before Jaejoong decides to tell Jaekyung.” Yunho said. “What if Jaejoong’s told her by now?” Jung Suk questioned and Yunho shook his head. “I doubt it. Jaejoong himself is in pain, and he himself doesn’t want to accept the fact that she’s gone. He’ll probably make a fib and tell that fib to Jaekyung until he musters the courage to tell her the truth.” Yunho said.

 

“What if she doesn’t want to come anywhere near Jaejoong?” Jung Suk questioned. “Well… That’s something we are unsure about.” Yunho said as he breathed his last words. The boys headed back to their place.

 

“Yah, Junsu, where’s your car?” Yoochun asked. “I had it repaired. I’m walking home today.” Junsu said. “Jinjja? (Really?) Well why don’t you hitch a cab? Or if you want I can drive you home, your house is on the way to mine anyway, it beats having to walk home at night.” Yoochun said and Junsu shook his head. “My legs have been hurting a lot and the doctor said it’s best if I take some walks, I probably lack exercise on my legs or something. I’ll be fine.” Junsu said and bid goodbye.

 

He started walking down the street. There was less people at this hour. Before Junsu could take another step he felt something on his stomach and he heard a grumbling sound. “Really? You’re hungry now?” Junsu said and looked around for a place to eat and he found one. It was a small diner, not that noticeable but it was the first place he saw. He headed over there quickly and got inside. There were only a couple of people and most of them were too busy to even look at him.

 

This is a good enough place… I don’t think anyone would recognize me… Junsu said and went to the counter to make his order. “Good evening and welcome, what will you be ordering?” the woman said and Junsu was looking at the menu above. He saw what he wanted and smiled. He looked to the woman and was about to speak but his smile faded and left his mouth hanging open as he saw her.

 

“Excuse me sir, are you okay?” the woman asked and Junsu’s lips were quivering a bit. “Sir?” the woman repeated. “Y-Y-Yo-You-You’re… You’re… You’re Eun Jae right?” Junsu said as he pointed at her. The woman’s eyes grew in surprise. She turned around. “Sir, please don’t scare me like that. I don’t know this person and please don’t say things like that to me, it’s creepy.” The woman said as she shut her eyes tight.

 

Jackpot

 

“It’s you! I know it’s you!” Junsu said nearly raising his voice. She turned and hushed him. “Unless you want a hoard to happen then you’d keep your voice down. Please stop accusing me of this person, I’m not this person.” Eun Jae said and made her way to the back. Junsu was about to go to the back but was stopped by an employee.

 

-

 

“Appa… I want a bed time story… Please…” Jaekyung asked as she looked up at Jaejooong who was dazed and was busy brushing her hair softly. “Appa?” Jaekyung repeated and Jaejoong snapped out of his senses as he looked down at her. He cleared his throat and thought of some kind of story. “Okay, I have a good one…” Jaejoong said and cleared his throat one more time, Jaekyung tried to make herself comfortable.

 

“Once there was a prince who was so handsome and talented. A lot of people adored and loved him. But even if so many people loved him, deep inside he was such a lonely person. He had no girlfriend and was far away from his family. The closest he had to someone to hug was his pet tiger… But even the tiger hates him…” Jaejoong said. “Poor prince.” Jaekyung said and Jaejoong nodded his head.

 

“One day, Prince decided to head over to a strip clu- I mean, he decided to head over a place filled with beautiful bunnies and delicious chocolate milk and pretty rainbows everywhere. Despite all the cute and beautiful bunnies he saw a wonderfully beautiful girl. The Prince couldn’t stop looking at her…” Jaejoong said softly.

 

“She was so beautiful, she had amazing milky white skin, it was so soft, softer than a marshmallow. She smelled better than honey combined with roses…” Jaejoong said as he began to smile, Jaekyung looked up at him and felt curious over Jaejoong’s sudden appearance. “She was so pretty the Prince couldn’t move in his place. The beautiful girl walked up to the Prince and introduced herself. The prince and her talked for hours and hours.” Jaejoong said.

 

“Did the Prince or the beautiful girl run off because it was midnight?” Jaekyung asked and Jaejoong looked down at her. “Baby, don’t compare appa’s amazing stories with ridiculous fairy tales that mislead children, okay?” Jaejoong said and Jaekyung nodded her head and continued to listen. “The beautiful girl wanted to get to know the prince more. So they played a game all night. When they got so tired they fell asleep and once the Prince woke up… The beautiful girl was gone… The Prince was so heartbroken he started to look for her everywhere…” Jaejoong said.

 

“The Prince asked helped from his ginger bread friends and they tried to look for the beautiful girl. He went back to the place where he met the beautiful girl but the peanut butter coated king said that the girl was  not from there… The Prince gave up and met a new beautiful woman…” Jaejoong said and Jaekyung was slowly falling asleep.

 

“But years later, the doorbell of the Prince’s wonderful home sounded. He opened the door and saw a beautiful angel that was right at his door step. The beautiful angel said that she was the Prince’s daughter. The Prince said she was not and after a couple of months the Prince found out the beautiful angel was his daughter…” Jaejoong said and Jaekyung finally fell asleep, but he was not aware of this.

 

“The Prince found the beautiful girl, who was the pretty angel’s mother, but she didn’t want the Prince back. So he left his angel of a daughter with the prince and she went far far away where she would never be seen by anyone else… Most especially… The Prince…” Jaejoong said.

 

“The end…” Jaejoong said as he choked on his words. He looked down to find Jaekyung sleeping soundly. He slowly kissed the top of her head and buried his face on her head and fell asleep as well.

 

--------------------------------------------

 

so how was it? hope you enjoyed and i promise to stop promising so much lol