Chapter 19: I'm Sorry

Annyeong Appa! (Hello Daddy!)

Previously... (Chapter 18)

Eun Jae contemplated more in her room and after thirty minutes since Jaejoong had said goodbye she got out of her room and was headed for the kitchen to fix herself a meal, but the doorbell rang. She walked over and knew it would be Jaejoong. “Listen I don’t wanna listen to your okay Jaejoo-“ before Eun Jae could even finish his name she was surprised to see that it wasn’t Jaejoong, but Tiffany.

 

“Hey.” Tiffany said and Eun Jae had a poker face plastered on her face. She didn’t know whether she’d dread the surprise or just simply feel surprised. “Hey.” She said back. “Mind if I come in?” Tiffany asked and Eun Jae didn’t know what to say next. “I’m coming in anyway.” Tiffany said and walked in, bumping shoulders with Eun Jae.

 

“Did Jaejoong tell you I was here?” Eun Jae asked as she closed the door and Tiffany shook her head. “How’d you find out?” Eun Jae asked and Tiffany sat down. “Let’s just say, Jaejoong likes to leave things a mess.” Tiffany said, giving another sort of meaning as she eyed Eun Jae from head to toe. Eun Jae saw this and scoffed. She crossed her arms and began to look snobby. “If you came here to start a fight, trust me honey I’m tougher than you can ever imagine.” Eun Jae said and Tiffany was a bit surprised at what was told. “Oh really now?” Tiffany asked as she stood up.

 

She walked over Eun Jae and practically were inches from their noses touching. “No matter how tough you are, it doesn’t and it will never change the fact that you are a desperate lowlife who can’t gain control or power over her own life. Instead, she leeches off to a rich man who knocked her up.” Tiffany said and it pierced through Eun Jae.

 

“Sorry Tiffany, I’m not as desperate as you. Unlike you, I’m not kneeling on the floor after the bits and pieces of Jaejoong’s love.” Eun Jae fought back. “Think you’re so tough with your words? Remember I’ve got the ring on my finger baby.” Tiffany said and Eun Jae smiled.

 

“You have the ring and I’ve got the heart.” Eun Jae said and Tiffany found herself swallowing her words. Eun Jae smirked as she saw the fear in Tiffany’s eyes.

 

She had the upper hand.

 

==================================================================================================

CHAPTER 19: I'M SORRY

 

With those words, Tiffany felt like her world was an egg shell. It was so delicate and now it’s been boiled and is slowly being peeled apart by Eun Jae. Her words, despite its simplicity dragged a heavy weight upon her chest. Because she knew that Eun Jae was right. That no matter how many times Jaejoong marries her, or how many times they tell each other they love each other, it still isn’t enough to outgrow the kind of relationship that Jaejoong shared with Eun Jae. It wasn’t even close. Tiffany knew she would always be the second choice, as if she was the mistress in the relationship or the second wife.

 

“If you have nothing else to say I’d appreciate you seeing yourself out. Before Jaejoong comes here.” Eun Jae said and Tiffany kept herself rooted to the ground. “No. We need to talk.” Tiffany was stern, she was strict and she needed to have this conversation with Eun Jae. In Tiffany’s mind this was the best way she could ease herself, to make her feel as if she was doing the right thing. She wasn’t sure how getting married to the man she loved and who proposed to her was wrong. But it just felt that way for her.

 

“If  Jaejoong catches you here he will-“

 

“He won’t. He came home a while back and said he was taking Jaekyung with him to the mall along with Junsu. He won’t be back for another two hours hopefully so we need to talk.” Tiffany said and Eun Jae didn’t really have an excuse, and she was yearning to know what Tiffany had to say. She offered Tiffany something to drink but she declined everything, it seemed even she was in a rush to begin the conversation.

 

The two took a seat by the couch and there was an assured distance between the two. Tiffany kept a distance because she wasn’t sure if Eun Jae was the type to hit people, while Eun Jae kept a distance simply because she couldn’t stand Tiffany any longer.

 

“Start talking.” Eun Jae said and Tiffany didn’t really care for Eun Jae’s tone. Tiffany cleared . “I’m sure you’re aware of the situation me and Jaejoong are in right now, am I correct?” Tiffany asked and Eun Jae simply smirked. “That doesn’t answer my question.” Tiffany said and Eun Jae smiled. “I don’t. Jaejoong doesn’t talk about you with me. Frankly, he dislikes discussing you around me.” Eun Jae said. It was as if she knew all the holes to poke to hear her squirm or feel her heart slowly cracking.

 

“Let’s be mature about this conversation okay?” Tiffany clarified and Eun Jae shifted in her seat. “I’m as mature as any adult; I don’t see what’s so immature in my words. If you feel so offended then maybe you should trying being mature about it.” Eun Jae said and Tiffany rolled her eyes. She knew that starting small arguments won’t get her anywhere so she decided to dismiss it before it got any further.

 

“Okay let’s just start. Jaejoong and I are in a rocky part. And I mean rocky. He called off the wedding we were supposed to have soon and he said he will be the one scheduling and deciding. I basically have no hand or participation of any kind in my own wedding.” Tiffany said and Eun Jae just kept listening.

 

“I’m not even sure if there… If there will be…If there will be a…” Tiffany couldn’t get herself to finish the sentence because she was hoping that her words weren’t true. “A wedding? That there wouldn’t be a wedding?” Eun Jae asked and Tiffany gave her a look.

 

It was not a mean look or a disgusted one but rather one of shame and pain. Eun Jae’s face softened at the sight of this. She could see the pain that Tiffany was trying to mask. Even though she seemed strong Eun Jae clearly saw through the façade that Tiffany’s face had hidden. She could see that Tiffany was just on a thread, and she knew pain from her own experience.

 

“Listen Tiffany, if you’re worried about something between me and Jaejoong I can assure you that I’m blocking everything. I’m basically just a prisoner and we sprung up something to his face and he’s just pissed. We just need to give him some time to cool down. Soon enough he’ll be forgiving you and me and we’ll be back to normal and you won’t have to worry about me anymore.” As calm as she sounded, Eun Jae didn’t like the idea of being pushed away from Jaejoong. She didn’t like the thought of having to pull away from someone like him. She wanted to stay. She wanted to ruin the wedding she wanted to be the bride but even she knew that it wasn’t meant to be and she could never do such a thing to someone like Tiffany.

 

Even if Tiffany seemed as if she was a vindictive .

 

-

 

“Jaejoong…” Changmin called out his name as they sat on the park bench while Junsu, Yoochun and Yunho played with Jaekyung. “Yeah?” he replied and Changmin sighed before he could say anything. “Well… I was just wondering about Eun Jae.” Changmin said and he could see the skin on Jaejoong’s face harden like ice at the mere mention of her name. “Changmin, I don’t like talking about her.” Jaejoong said and Changmin nodded his head but he was stubborn, just like Jaejoong himself. “I know that but I really want to know the answer to my question.” Changmin said and Jaejoong knew there was nothing he could do.

 

“Just tell me what it is then we can get it over with.” Jaejoong said sternly and Changmin smiled. “It’s just, if you marry Tiffany, what’s going to happen to Eun Jae?” Changmin asked the right question. The question that not even Jaejoong himself could truly find the answer to. Changmin continued to stare at Jaejoong, awaiting an answer but Jaejoong couldn’t give him one. He couldn’t think of even a generic type of question.

 

He simply had no answer.

 

“What kind of question is that?!” Jaejoong blurted out and made Changmin jump from his seat just a little bit. Jaejoong got up and walked away. “Where are you going?” Changmin asked. “None of your business.” Jaejoong replied and continued to walk away.

He found himself walking faster and looking back, keeping the distance from the park to himself. He began to contemplate on what Changmin had told him. He kept thinking about what was his solution to that, to what he was going to do to Eun Jae once he was married to Tiffany. It wasn’t like he could keep the two girls as his. He was going to have to let go of one of them soon.

 

“Appa…” Jaekyung tugged on Jaejoong’s arm and he looked down to find Jaekyung giving him a curious look. “What’s wrong?” Jaejoong asked and Jaekyung smiled. “I was supposed to ask you that!” Jaekyung said and Jaejoong smiled. He picked her up from the ground and carried her into his arms. “Jaekyung ah… Daddy needs to have a serious talk with you okay?” Jaejoong said and Jaekyung nodded. “What do you feel when you see mommy Tiffany?” Jaejoong asked and Jaekyung smiled. “She’s fun!” Jaekyung said and Jaejoong smiled. “What else?” Jaejoong asked and Jaekyung kept thinking. Her smile slowly fading and her facial expression becoming more lost. “Fun?” she repeated and Jaejoong smiled.

 

He sat her down on the bench and he knelt down in front of her, caressing her baby cheeks and smiling with her. “What about mommy Eun Jae?” Jaekyung asked and Jaekyung smiled. “I miss her.” Jaekyung replied and Jaejoong smiled.

 

-

 

A few hours later the daylight slowly settled and it was dark. Jaejoong and Jaekyung came home while Tiffany was seated on the couch just flipping through channels. “Hey there you two! How was it? Did you guys have fun?” Tiffany asked and Jaekyung climbed up the couch next to Tiffany. “Yeah…” Jaekyung said, her voice tired out. “Wow you really got her knocked out now didn’t you Jae?” Tiffany said as she carried Jaekyung into her arms, Jaekyung’s eyes were slowly going shut. “I’ll do that-“ “No it’s ok!” Tiffany said as she continued to walk towards Jaekyung’s room, talking softly to Jaekyung and asking her yes or no questions like if she had fun and if she wanted to have that much fun with Tiffany next time.

 

Jaejoong felt something warm and soft enveloping his chest. He walked towards Jaekyung’s room and watched as Tiffany tucked in Jaekyung. Putting her to bed, making sure she was comfy and that she was really asleep. He watched as Tiffany rubbed Jaekyung’s head as if she was her own. Jaejoong found himself smiling as he watched the motherly instincts that Tiffany had come out with Jaekyung.

 

A few minutes later Tiffany came out of the room and Jaejoong was just standing there. “She’s asleep.” Tiffany said as she cleared and walked towards to the living room. Jaejoong followed her and watched as she fixed the stacks of magazine on the coffee table. “What?” Tiffany asked as she noticed Jaejoong had his eyes on her. “Nothing I just…” Jaejoong wasn’t sure what to stay, and yet there he was at the situation. “I’m sorry.” Jaejoong said and Tiffany suddenly felt guilt crawl up. She placed the magazines down. “Jaejoong, I’m the one who should be sorry.” Tiffany said and Jaejoong smiled. “I know but I’m sorry too. I know you did what you did for me and because you were scared of losing me and I should have at least tried to listen to you before trying to take over of everything and just trying to fix the situation.” Jaejoong explained and Tiffany sighed and sat down on the couch with Jaejoong following suit.

 

“I know… I myself should have just trusted you all together. Instead I was selfish to try and make evil schemes or whatever and be a total whining about everything.” Tiffany said and Jaejooong sighed along with her. “From now on, we tell each other everything. We will both try to fix things together without turning on each other.” Jaejoong said and Tiffany nodded her head. “I love you.” Jaejooong said and grabbed Tiffany’s hands, cupping them closer to his and kissing them. Tiffany smiled. “I love you too.” Tiffany said and the two shared a kiss.