Chapter 22: Mommy

Annyeong Appa! (Hello Daddy!)

Previously... (From Chapter 21)

 

"I was thinking, since you and I are getting married, and since Jaekyung likes you already I thought it was just right that we legally adopt her. She's my child anyway and she considers you as her second mother." Jaejoong said and Tiffany was overwhelmed by Jaejoong's news. She wasn't sad or mad, she was happy. In fact, she was ecstatic. "Are you serious?" Tiffany whispered as if she was trying to make sure no one could hear them. Jaejoong nodded and suddenly Tiffany grew into a fit of squeals. "Oh my god..." Tiffany tried to calm herself down.

 

"I'm going to be a mommy..." Tiffany said and Jaejoong smiled.

 

Unknowingly, someone from the other side was just having the worse night of her life.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh my God its Sunday!

 

I listened to a lot of Lil Debbie and White Girl Mob.... okay

 

Chapter 22: Mommy

 

"I think its not right. You can battle him in court you know." Eun Jae's friend Mina said as she looked at Eun Jae, and how she looked like she just came from a war. "I can but what if I get ruled out? I am Jaekyung's mother but I don't have a job, I can't financial support her. Even before this I was struggling. Jaejoong has everything. He can send her to the best school and the fact that he's getting married means Jaekyung can have two people to call her parents at home instead of just one." Eun Jae said and Mina felt so sorry for her friend. She knew how much Jaekyung meant the world to Eun Jae, she couldn't imagine her own child being torn away from her.

 

Mina took Eun Jae's hand and looked at her with hope. "I have faith that things will go well. I don't think anyone could be this cruel." Mina said and Eun Jae wanted to believe her too but she knew that Mina was only saying that because her experience was different.

 

Mina and Eun Jae met at the bar she worked at, the same bar where she met Jaejoong. Mina was a dancer of sorts while she stayed as a waitress. The day after Eun Jae spent the night at Jaejoong's their friendship began. When Eun Jae found out she was pregnant Mina was excited for her and she was there every step of the way. But Eun Jae kept moving around and it was hard to maintain a friendship until a year back when Mina had a battle with the real father of her child. He had money, he had power, he had everything. Mina was just a dancer at a club. But despite everything, the father of her child decided to settle things and let Mina keep her daughter.

 

"Men are mean but they aren't cruel." Mina said and EunJae shook her head. "You had a nice guy. I have this one. This one has a reputation and he'd do everything to protect it. Better yet, there are people who are experts at situations like this and they can tear me away from my child and make sure Jaejoong comes out clean." Eun Jae said and Mina wasn't sure what else she could say. "Are you still going over there?" Mina asked and Eun Jae nodded as she wiped her tears with the back of her hands. "Yes." Eun Jae said and cleared .

 

"I'm not going without a fight."

 

-

 

"Are you excited?" Changmin asked Jaekyung as she wore her coat. Changmin, Junsu, Yoochun and Yunho did Jaejoong a favor by taking Jaekyung out to Lotte World so that she wouldn't be around when Jaejoong, Tiffany and Eun Jae have their talk.

Jaekyung smiled and nodded her head. 

 

"How's Tiffany taking the news?" Yunho asked Jaejoong as they both watched Changmin, Junsu and Yoochun fight for the little girl's attention. "She was happy. Or beyond that. She's not mad about it, she's excited. The two bonded a lot so I'm not surprised." Jaejoong said as he smiled at the thought of Tiffany being so happy. "What about Eun Jae?" Yunho asked and Jaejoong stopped smiling. "She took it pretty hard." Jaejoong said. "Who wouldn't, you're prying away her child. Someone whom she only known as her family throughout the years that she endured raising her." Yunho said and Jaejoong sighed, he could hear Yunho's scolding through his words. "I don't want you to side with her, you're my friend you're supposed to be on my side." Jaejoong said and Yunho scoffed. "Sides? Seriously? You sound like a pissy high school teenager who is in fight with one of her girlfriends." Yunho said and Jaejoong simply glared at him.

But hey, it was the truth.

"We'll be back in two hours, that should be enough time?" Yoochun asked as he took Jaekyung's tiny backpack from the couch. "Make it three just to be sure." Jaejoong said. "Better yet, I'll text you." he added, he then accompanied them towards the door, before closing it Yunho held it open. "You know what you're doing right?" Yunho asked and Jaejoong simply looked at him. "Make sure you've thought this through... This isn't just some choice on what food to eat." Yunho said and left.

 

It wasn't like Jaejoong didn't think about it, he was very much sure that he did think about it thoroughly.

 

Did he?

 

Jaejoong cared so much for Jaekyung, he loves the fact that he is a father, even though he had to meet her that way and that things were settled that way. He loved her and now that she lived with him it has felt like he was there from the beginning. He remembered how during the first few weeks it was hard to realize that everything was just happened. It took a moment for Jaejoong to get over the fact that it was only now that they got to meet, that it was only now that he and Jaekyung would interact and that he missed that miracle that was her birth.

 

"I should clean..." Jaejoong said as he looked around his place. Cleaning wasn't really necessary.

 

-

 

"Hey I can't go out with you girls tonight. I'm going back home early." Tiffany said as she checked her phone for any text messages for Jaejoong, surprisingly there was none. "Why?" Sooyoung asked as she stretched her legs. "Jaejoong wants me and Eun Jae to talk all together." Tiffany said and all the girls turned their attention to Tiffany. They knew how Tiffany felt about Eun Jae and how much she hated her. "I know I know, but I'm doing it for Jaejoong, besides, its good news for us." Tiffany said, Hyoyeon proceeded to ask her what it was. At first Tiffany didn't want to say but she knew she couldn't hold it in.

 

"We're going to legally adopt Jaekyung. I'm going to be her mom." Tiffany said and the reaction from the girls was pretty mixed. "What's wrong?" Tiffany asked and the girls looked at each other. Tiffany felt worried over the way the girls reacted through their faces, she wasn't sure if they were disappointed or if they were worried for her. "What about Eun Jae?" Hyoyeon asked, and Tiffany gave her a confused look. "I mean, is she okay with all of this? You guys legally adopting her means that she's giving all her parental rights to you and Jaejoong. It basically means she's giving up her child to you two." Hyoyeon said and Tiffany suddenly felt a little change. She noticed how defensive her friends got about Eun Jae, she expected them to be thrilled with her news.

 

"It's not like she's not going to be able to visit her daughter." Tiffany said and Sooyoung shook her head. "Still, there's a difference between visitation rights and giving your parental rights to someone else." Sooyoung said. "She carried her for 9 months, and it may have been for a few years but she raised Jaekyung. She is Jaekyung's mother." Sooyoung said. Tiffany felt her blood boil. "Why can't you just be happy for me? Yes, she'll have to give her parental rights but think about it, I'm basically being nice. Not everyone would be this glad. Besides, she'd be better off with me and Jaejoong as her parents. Those several years she had Jaekyung, was she able to buy her pretty dresses? Buy her expensive toys? Send her off to private schools? Obviously no, me and Jaejoong can give that to her. Might I add that Eun Jae basically hid Jaejoong's daughter's existence from him." Tiffany said.

 

"I'm not in the wrong, she is." Tiffany said, her anger just rushing all over her body and getting released onto the girls. "We didn't say you were in the wrong Tiffany, we were simply stating facts. We are happy for you but we do feel bad for the fact thata mother is basically losing her child." Hyoyeon said as she tried to calm her friend down, but she was all riled up. "You know what, I don't have time for this." Tiffany said as she immediately began to gather her things. "I'm glad to know you are all happy for me, that really means a lot." Tiffany sarcastically said as she briskly made her way out of their practice room, leaving the girls dumbfounded.

 

-

 

The door bell rang and Jaejoong was just done dressing up. He had cleaned the entire apartment from floor to ceiling. Everything was arranged properly, the rooms smelled really good, he even got dressed. Simple casual clothes but he dressed enough to impress someone. As Jaejoong approached the door he suddenly felt a jolt of nervousness. He wasn't sure why but shrugged it off. Maybe I'm just nervous of a fight to occur between the two. Jaejoong thought, but anyone who was sane knew it was more than that. As Jaejoong opened the door he felt a cold breeze just woosh through. Eun Jae stood there, tinier than him and innocent. Jaejoong saw the same girl he saw years ago. The same girl who made mistakes but didn't mean them. The same girl who just wanted to get over all the problems she had.

 

Jaejoong didn't know what to say. He wanted to say hello but his lips wouldn't move. "So, are we going to have the conversation here?" Eun Jae asked and Jaejoong cleared his throat, he moved aside allowing for Eun Jae to enter. She rubbed her shoes on the welcome mat and took off her bag and coat. She and Jaejoong headed for the living room and the two sat on opposite ends. "Where's Tiffany?" Eun Jae asked and Jaejoong cleared his throat once again, and this time Eun Jae gave him a look. "She's on her way. Are you hungry?" Jaejoong asked, he felt cold sweats suddenly rolling down and he didn't understand why. "No, you look dressed up, you got plans?" Eun Jae asked and Jaejonog shook his head. "N-No.." Jaejoong felt his words stutter, luckily Eun Jae didn't notice that. "Where's Jaekyung?" Eun Jae asked. "With Yunho and the others." Jaejoong said and Eun Jae nodded her head.

 

The door bell rang.

 

-

 

"Are you having fun?" Yunho asked Jaekyung and she nodded her head. "Changmin! Stop taking my food! I just ordered this! You already ate my previous meal!" Junsu complained and Changmin made a face, Junsu showed his tongue. "You two are like children, stop it." Yoochun complained and the two made a face at him. "Don't even start with me!" Yoochun said and the three began to argue. "Jaekyung, wanna go ride the train?" Changmin asked and Jaekyung nodded. The four finished up their meals and took a lowkey ride on the train. "I wanted to right next to her..." Junsu mumbled. "Stop being a child, you rode with her on the way here and during one of the other games you got to play with her." Yunho said and Junsu grumbled. "Go find a girl and make your own child." Yoochun commented. "Loser!" Junsu retorted. "HEY!" Yoochun yelled and the three began to argue. Changmin was seated in front of them with Jaekyung.

 

A lot was going through Changmin's mind, he began to think about how Jaejoong's talk with Eun Jae and Tiffany was going. "How do you feel about Tiffany Jaekyung?" Changmin asked. "I'm fine. I like her a lot. Daddy told me that they are getting married and I get to throw flowers." Jaekyung said and Changmin smiled. "That's nice. How's your mommy?" Changmin asked. "You mean mommy Tiffany?" Jaekyung asked and Changmin was a bit surprised. He didn't really expect Jaekyung to refer or consider Tiffany as her mother. "No, I meant Eun Jae." Changmin corrected. "She's fine. I don't see her that much. Daddy says she's busy." Jaekyung said and Changmin was a bit worried. He knew that Eun Jae wasn't working because Jaejoong didn't allow her.

 

After the ride, Changmin continued to interrogate her. "Do you want Tiffany to be your mommy?" Changmin asked, with Yunho, Junsu and Yoochun arguing still at the back. "Mommy Tiffany is my second mommy, my first mommy is my real mom." Jaekyung said. "What if Tiffany became your first mommy?" Changmin asked and Jaekyung looked at him. "I don't know... I want my real mommy to be my first mommy." Jaekyung said and Changmin nodded. "I hope your daddy is doing the right thing." Changmin whispered to no one.

 

-

 

"Hey." Jaejoong greeted Tiffany and gave her a kiss to her forehead. "I'm so mad at the girls." Tiffany said as she tried to act all cute as she was angry. "Why?" Jaejoong asked.

And from the living room, Eun Jae peeked as she leaned to her side to see the two, but Tiffany was covered by Jaejoong's tall stature. "I guess the demon's here." Eun Jae spoke to herself.

"I don't want to get into it." Tiffany said and made her way to the living room. She stopped as she saw Eun Jae seated on the couch. The two came in eye to eye contact. Tiffany wanted to make a comment about Eun Jae but she decided to bite her tongue and smile. "Hey." Tiffany simply said and rubbed off her smile as she sat down opposite of Eun Jae. Jaejoong approached the living room. "So, are you two settled? Ready?" Jaejoong asked and Tiffany pulled Jaejoong by the arm to sit next to her. "Ready." Tiffany smiled at Eun Jae. Eun Jae rolled her eyes, and decided to play Tiffany's game. With her skirt, Eun Jae knew she had good legs. She crossed her legs which caught the attention of both Jaejoong and Tiffany, most especially Jaejoong. Tiffany saw what she was doing, so she decided to cross her legs too.

 

Problem was, despite Tiffany being famous and Girls' Generation having great legs, it wasn't as good as Eun Jae's.

 

"Okay." Jaejoong tried to take as much air as he could. "You both already know why you two are here. I already have an idea on how you two feel. Tiffany, your in favor and Eun Jae you aren't." Jaejoong began. "Its simple really, You and me can provide everything for Eun Jae. We deserve to be her parents, and she deserves a better life." Tiffany said as she looked intently at Jaejoong.  "Better life? She was living fine with me." Eun Jae retorted. Tiffany wanted to laugh but she held it back. "She didn't have the things she had right now when she was with you." Tiffany said and Eun Jae was more than offended. "She had toys, she had clothes, she was able to eat and she went to a good school. And she had her mother who did everything to support her." Eun Jae said and Tiffany bit her lower lip. "Yeah, a mother who hid her from her father. She does have the right to know who her dad is. I bet you she asked about him now didn't she? Going to school, seeing all her friends with two parents while she had only one." Tiffany said and Eun Jae rolled her eyes.

 

Jaejoong could see that things were already heated. "Hey, let's not go there okay. I'm not making the two of you talk so you can begin a fight." Jaejoong said and Tiffany looked at him with her sweet look. "I'm not starting a fight. I'm just stating facts. I want what's best for Jaekyung." Tiffany said and Eun Jae laughed. "What's so funny?" Tiffany asked. "That you care about what's best for my kid. Who are you really?" Eun Jae said and Tiffany flipped her hair. "Soon to be Mrs. Kim." Tiffany said and Eun Jae could feel Tiffany pressing all her buttons. "Don't worry Eun Jae, I'll be a great mother to your child. You can come and visit on weekends." Tiffany said and Eun Jae gave her a look.

 

"Don't worry. I'll make sure she doesn't forget you." Tiffany said and now that was just too far.

 

"Okay first of all I know I made a mistake with not telling Jaejoong. I brought her here so she could meet Jaejoong. I'm starting to think its a mistake to be quite honest with you two." Eun Jae said and Tiffany just continued to rub Jaejoong's arm. "Exactly, you left her at my front door." Jaejoong finally spoke. "You left her at my front door and you left. Then you come back all mighty thinking I'm doing something wrong by legally adopting my child. The child you left at my front door then come back to get." Jaejoong said and Eun Jae kept shut. "I know you are hurt by the situation but I'm only doing what's best for her." Jaejoong said. "Are you? Or are you doing what's best for your reputation?" Eun Jae said and Jaejoong couldn't believe his ears.

 

"Just face it! Jaekyung is better with me, you can't give her everything that she deserves." Jaejoong said and Eun Jae looked away. "You can't give her the best toys, the best clothes, the best education and obviously if you can leave your child on someone's front door means you aren't quite capable of protecting her. What if I wasn't willing to take her in? What if I just let her sit out there in the cold while you were somewhere else." Jaejoong said and Eun Jae shook her head and closed her eyes as she started to cry, but she kept her posture strong.

 

"You aren't a fit mother." Jaejoong said and Eun Jae then looked at Jaejoong, it was like she was burning holes into him. Even Tiffany felt chills.

 

"I'm not the best mother but I am her mother. Okay, I made a mistake. I know that! I know I can't give her the expensive clothes, the cool toys the best education but I gave her those things, yes they weren't expensive, cool or the top education system but they were enough to feel that I do care and love her. I worked so many jobs just to protect her. You had people looking for me! I had limited jobs to go to! I felt like a criminal who was running away just so I can give my daughter a peaceful life." Eun Jae raised her voice.

 

"Listen to me Kim Jaejoong." Eun Jae said and then she looked at Tiffany. "You too!" she pointed at Tiffany. "You'll need to sell your properties before you can get the best lawyer to take my rights as a mother." Eun Jae threatened. Tiffany stood up and came face to face with her. "We can get the best lawyer, you wouldn't be able to affordable even an average lawyer." Tiffany said and Eun Jae smirked. "Worst come back ." Eun Jae said and Tiffany was surprised. "I'm not letting you two take her away from me. You two may get married and become South Korea's best couple, but you aren't going to be South Korea's best parents to my child. I don't care if you are her dad, I'm her mom. She knows me more, she loves me more. I'm coming back tomorrow to get my child and there's nothing you can do." Eun Jae said and grabbed her bag as she made her way to the door.

 

"You don't know me, you don't know what I can do." Eun Jae slammed the door behind her. The two didn't know how they were supposed to feel.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To be honest this isn't the strongest I can give, I'm sort of disappointed but I tried :(((((

I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter, I tried to make it as long as I could. See you next Sunday and Happy Mother's Day!