Chapter 29

Fragments

 

“Leave him alone for a while. He’s mad at his self.” Seugnhyun told the others as they all retreated in silence from Jaejin’s room.

A few seconds ago, he was ignoring everyone with a cold stare and dismissive silence. They all gave up in comforting him, knowing that no words can make him feel better. They might have treated his wounds successfully but the wounds in his hearts were nowhere near recovery.

“But the situation is futile. Of course he couldn’t handle a great demon! Lord Loki is one of the legends of the underworld. There was no way he could have won against him. He’s being too hard on his self.” Adriel said in frustration.

“But if I were in his position I would also feel the same.” Minhwan began explaining to Adriel. “If I wasn’t able to do anything to protect you, I would blame myself too for being incompetent.” He explained and Adriel understood almost immediately after saying this.

“You know how guys think sometimes, they have this tendency to feel like they have to be the knight in shining armor.” Sophia added and they all nodded in agreement. “But in this case, it was too much of a handful for Jaejin. Who would’ve thought Lord Loki himself,” Sophia stopped as she shivered in fear with the thought.

“But what I don’t get is that, what does someone as powerful as Lord Loki wants with a keeper’s power? Not to mention, Seol is her own blood and flesh and yet he annihilated his own whole clan. We’re missing a big puzzle here.” Jonghun deducted and they were all puzzled as well. “I’ll go investigate on that. Hongki come with me I need your help. For the rest of you, stay alert and Seunghyun,” Jonghun paused and looked at him desperately. “Please inform me as soon as possible if there are any changes with Seol.”

“Yes my prince.” Seunghyun replied and Jonghun and Hongki left in a hurry. Seunghyun then brought out a small capsule from his palm. Inside of it was a blue rose, shining so brightly as if it was alive.

“It’s a good thing we have someone from the hunting clan. That thing is very useful.” Adriel praised Seunghyun.

“But the only thing this could do is tell if the owner is alive or not.” Seunghyun said as he talked about the life force tracking device on his hand.

“But still, it’s great to know that she is still alive right?” Minhwan recognized Seunghyun’s efforts and he just let out a soft smile.

“That means, there is still time.”

xx—xx

Seol was inside a room, specially prepared for her. She was very familiar of the place, it was her room in his uncle’s mansion back in the underworld. She didn’t expect that she would be coming back still to this room ever since his “death”. It was a painful memory for everyone so they just locked up the mansion and no one went to the great demon Loki’s mansion ever again. But here she was, waiting for her fate in the very room she used to play with her cousins, uncle and aunt.

“Lady Seol, your dinner.” Someone from outside the room knocked before going inside and the guy in a black suit placed the tray on the table and laid out her food for her.

“Leonard?” Seol was surprised to see the old family’s butler serving her food.

“Greetings my lady,” The demon bowed to her and she went closer to him, astonished by the fact that he was still alive.

“But aren’t you supposed to be dead also?”

“I’m afraid that is not the case my lady.”

“But why? What’s going on?” She asked, as if pleading to get some answers but she only got a silence in return. “You can’t tell me huh?” At least this, he nodded as he was done fixing her dinner.

“Enjoy your meal my lady.” Leonard finally said before leaving but Seol pulled him back.

“What’s going on Leonard? Please tell me. I’m so scared right now.” She pleaded and tears yet again, started rolling down her cheeks.

The demon couldn’t take the agony the lady was in. He watched her grew up with her cousins but now they were all gone and all that was left in this family was Seol and his master, Loki. “I’m sorry I can’t give you details my lady. As much as I remain loyal to you, my loyalty with my master is still greater.” He apologized and said the truth to her still. “The least I can do is to serve you good meals and if you like, I can be your company. The master gave me permission to be your butler during your stay.”

“But how long will I stay here? Will I even make it out alive?” She asked in desperation, a stream of tears kept on flowing and all the butler could do was to console her with petty words.

xx—xx

“I love you so much, don’t ever forget that.”

“SEOL!” Jaejin screamed in his sleep as he noticed that it was actually a nightmare. A nightmare about to turn into reality soon. He chased his breath as he heard Seol’s voice replay in his head, how those three words meant so much to him and all he could do was lie flatly on the ground helpless as he watched her get taken away by someone that could bring her to her deathbed.

He hit his bed with his fist in frustration and brought his other hand to his face as he never felt so weak and so incompetent ever before. He was hating his self so much for not being able to save the person he loves.

“You know, instead of wasting your strength pounding that innocent bed, you can reserve that energy to pound on that old demon’s face instead.”

Seunghyun was actually watching over Jaejin on his sleep, checking up on him from time to time since his wounds were no joke. He saw his hyung’s horrible reaction when he screamed in his sleep his beloved’s name. It pained him to see him this way. He was dead worried about Seol but he knew he couldn’t even imagine the pain Jaejin was in right now.

He didn’t get a response from his remark but he at least expected it.  “Like what we told you earlier, you shouldn’t blame yourself too much. The situation was out of hand. We were all caught off guard.” Seunghyun continued saying still. He let out a sigh when Jaejin still didn’t respond.

“Just hurry up and heal those wounds already so we could all go and beat that demon into pulp so you could be all lovey-dovey with Seol.” Seunghyun ruffled his hyung’s hair. He didn’t know why he did so but he still did. “If one noble demon from an elite clan cannot beat that legendary geezer, I wonder how he can handle a handful of pesky little powerful brats.” Seunghyun then stopped ruffling his hair and smirked at the thought. “You know how dangerous we can get right? It seems like you’re forgetting what WE are truly capable of hyung.”

“Just like that time how we almost annihilated one island of class S demon spies?” Jaejin finally spoke up, remembering the good old times how the King would asked them for help when things were too much for them.

“Yep, just like those times hyung.” Seunghyun replied happily and Jaejin took Seunghyun’s hands and clasped it with his.

“Looks like there’s gonna be some party going on soon.”

“Yep and we have to hurry because the lady is waiting.”

xx—xx

In such dreadful times and desperation, where can one go to? She was out of ideas for she was consumed by fear, everything was just too risky. She thought and thought, not letting any single second pass by without weighing the options carefully, which one had a lower risk. It was consuming her time and she had to decide fast for her time was being counted.

When her uncle would decide to get her, that she had no answer. But one thing is for sure, his uncle wanted to use her and she definitely had no plans to be used. So she thought of a way.

Most of the time, Leonard would stay and talk to her. She knew he was guarding her. Since he was out and she finally came up with something, she thought it was time. She hurriedly prepared herself, meditated, drew a pentagram on the floor by burning the marbled floor and faced the window that showed the underworld’s moon. It was shining so bright as if it was a spotlight meant for her.

She settled herself in the middle of the drawing and kneeled, holding the locket that was given to him by her beloved. Before she began chanting, she wept for a while and talked to the moon. She let her emotions overflow as she thought of her friends as she thought of her family as she thought of Jaejin. How much she wanted to hold him right now, she cannot even put it into words. They had only been apart for a few hours but it felt like eternity for her. Her longing was so excruciatingly painful it was like being tormented in a pit of agony.

All she ever wanted was to be with him, hold him, feel him, kiss him, and love him. Was that too much to ask? Was it such a selfish request that it wouldn’t happen?

She sobbed a few minutes more before she wiped her tears and swallowed her cries. Her eyes changed in an instant. Her tear stained eyes were now red and her pupils were so dark as she began chanting the spell, without removing her hold to the locket.

She chanted and chanted, who knows for how long, beads of sweat were now dripping from her forehead but she ignored it and continued chanting. All she had in mind the whole time was her love for everyone, her faith to him.

“I love you Jaejin, don’t ever forget that. I have faith in you, in us.”

When she said those final words, her eyes closed and her body fell limp on the floor. In the vastness of the room, the next thing that occurred was silence.

xx—xx

He was silently working on a potion on his messy table filled with nothing but books and a small cauldron that he was letting to boil for a certain time before continuing. He was reading an old tattered book which containes spells and potions he was using as of the moment. His face was so stoned; you could barely read if he was having a hard time or not at all. He was using his elbows to support his cheeks that were resting on his hand.

“If there’s anything you need, you can talk to me.” Loki said to Leonard without looking back at him and remained unmoving from his position.

Leonard was a bit shaken of what he was about to ask his master but he gathered up all his courage long ago, hoping and thinking he wouldn’t get burned to ashes because of what he was about to do.

“Sorry for disturbing you my lord.” He replied politely as he approached him with caution.

When he was near him, that was the only time Loki looked back at him, slowly, in an investigating manner, as if trying to read his purpose for coming to him but he didn’t speak yet. He looked back down again on his book and returned his cheek to its place a while ago.

“Why are you so nervous?” Loki asked non-chalantly.

Upon hearing this, Leonard stiffened but he tried hiding his nervousness away. “My lord, about Lady Seol,”

“What about my niece?”

“Do you really..”

“Yes Leonard. We’ve talked about this before, don’t make me lose my patience, please.”

He was cut off in between and wasn’t able to ask anything further. They remained silent for a few seconds and Leonard was contemplating on what he could do for the young lady. They were caught in a dead silence and Loki knew what Leonard was thinking instantly.

“If you really care for her, tell her not to be stubborn and just follow me.” Loki told Leonard.

“But –“

“Go check on her she might do something funny.”

Loki then stood up and all Leonard could do was stare blankly at his master’s back. He stayed unmoving for a few more seconds before finally processing what his master wanted him to do. He can feel his heart beat getting faster by a second, still at shocked of what about was to happen.

“I’m sorry my lady.” He said in his mind as he walked towards her room with a heavy heart.

When he got to her room, he knocked three times but he got no response. Thinking that she was only sleeping, he let his self in and looked for the lady on the bed, only to be surprised of what he had seen.

“LADY SEOL!!!” He screamed in panic as he rushed over to the lifeless body infront of the window being illuminated by the moon’s light. “LADY SEOL! LADY SEOL!” He screamed over and over again to the body he was holding but got nothing but silence in return.

xx--xx

hey guys, updates will be irregular from now on because i can't keep up with the 5 days update anymore. ;__; Tbh, this story is about to end but i just cant seem to find the time to write the rest of the chapters. If ever i do have time, my words are all scattered and i and yeah.. ;__; i really appreciate everyone who are reading, waiting patiently for updates and commenting to cheer on me..really really thank you..it is very much appreciated.. ;__;

@ilovejinnie- yeah, there was something with aff recently.. >< thanks for empathizing :D xD lol as for hyunnie..omg now that you mentioned it, i always give him sad love interests.. aigooo.. xD thanks for suggesting :)

@rachelxzoe- here yaaaaahhh goooooooo xD

@love_jkspsh- ;__; but...something happened to her..and that something is.....something to be revealed next chapter.. xD

@babo_cy- sorry for giving them a hard time..but yeah xD :D i love torturing characters.. xD lolol

see you soon everyone..... <3 :*