Chapter 15

Fragments

 

Seol’s lessons took into place the next days. She was busy having lessons with each one of them. Sophia made a space inside their apartment, a special training ground for her. When she has time, she researched on how to get her memory back with the help of Sophia’s library space. She was granted access to it whenever she wanted. Her mornings were lessons with Adriel most of the time since FT Island would always be busy with their schedules.

“Think of any weapon you like and bring it into reality with your powers.” She explained to her slowly and she tried to create the weapon slowly as well. The figure in her hand started blurry but little by little as she increased the power she was putting in it, its shape became distinct. “Like this.” She then raised the shuriken she made and threw it across the tree.

“Who would’ve thought your specialty is weapon wielding. You’re so small and cute; no one would suspect you’re very lethal.” Seol said in amazement but it was half mocking at the same time.

“Looks are very deceiving you know.”

“Hell yes.”

Her next lesson after Adriel would depend on the member who had no schedule or most of the time it would be Sophia who would teach her next. She would teach her the basics of space manipulation and how helpful and dangerous it is.

“How come I have to learn all of your specialties?” Seol asked Sophia in frustration when she failed making the space Sophia was asking her. “How come you do 3 levels of spaces in a snap why I can’t even make one!” She continued whining.

“It’s because demons must learn the basics at least. For your case, you’re an elite and the keeper, so in short your skills are pretty much above the normal capacity for each specialty.”

“I don’t get it.”

“Let’s take this line for example.” Sophia drew a horizontal line on the ground and made another line above it, leaving a considerable space between it. She pointed then to the upper line. “Demons usually have this one area they are good and this is the line here. This line is where the elites’ specialties are. She then points to the middle line. “This line in the middle is where the rest of our abilities in other areas go, for an elite demon that is.” She then drew a line below the middle line. “This space between the middle and lower line is where the demons with lower status’ abilities go. It’s either non-existent or just mere average for every area. Do you get it so far?” She looked at Seol and she nodded her head, picturing out how the underworld works. “For your case however, since you’re a keeper, your specialty increases the usual expectation of the top most line, creating a new line above the elites’. Your skills for other areas are however, like that of the other elite’s, higher than the average line. Do you get why we are teaching you all of these now?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Yeah, but there’s one thing I don’t understand.”

“After all the explaining I’ve done? SERIOUSLY?”

“If I am that strong, then why did I have to go on hiding and not hunt the demons that are after me?”

Sophia fell silent. She wasn’t sure how much she should let her know, afraid that the truth might shock her. Seol noticed her silence but waited for her to speak still.

“You’ll find out soon anyway, might as well tell you now why you are here in the human world in the first place.” Sophia began explaining. “When your parents were…murdered, you deteriorated.” Sophia spoke as if she was remembering a nightmare. “It was as if life had been out of you. The only person you respond to is Jaejin but as time went by you grew weaker and weaker and we..” She paused, trying to find the words to capture her thoughts. “The weaker you become, the more the enemies were chasing after you. Jaejin and you then came up with a decision that you’ll go into hiding and let us do the hunting for the demons behind this.” Sophia then slowly looked at Seol’s reaction that had a painful look on her face.

“So basically, I let your lives be at risk?” Seol looked at Sophia slowly and her tears starting to form in her eyes.

“Look, it’s all in the past now. What’s done is done. What’s important is that we are all still alive and you are STILL alive. We will win this fight, okay?” Sophia tried consoling her and she wiped away her tears and determination brewed up in her.

“Okay. I will not let anyone lay a finger on any of you.”

“That’s the Seol I know! Now go make the space I told you.”

She nodded and concentrated very well before casting out the spell. Her thoughts were overflowed with determination and in a wave of her hand, she made 3 layers of spaces that Sophia told her to do.

“Very well done.”

Her next lesson would vary then, depends on FT Island’s schedule. She usually waits for them at the library doing her research in making potions, trying her best to come up with a formula that can help her regain her memories. But as expected it was a tough job for her, with all her memories lost about medicine, she was basically caught up in a hopeless situation.

“Noona, time for lessons.” Minhwan fetched her in the library and she obediently followed him to the training field.

“Today’s lesson is summoning level 4 creatures.” Minhwan started. “Since you successfully summoned a level 3 creature yesterday, we’ll move a notch higher. But I have to warn you, level 4 creatures are not as tamed as the lower levels and summoning them is just as hard as well. I’ll show you first but be on guard okay? Take a step back.”

She gave Minhwan a considerable space and she watched him carefully as he chanted a spell and the sky turned dark. Minhwan’s aura suddenly got heavier, removing all the usual cuteness air around him. The clouds were gathering together, the air was getting thick; Seol had to hold onto her hair so it wouldn’t get in the way while watching. He then slowly drew a magic circle in the air, a pentagram, and where his finger touches, a crack in the air seemed to appear. When he was done with the drawing, it suddenly brightened up, Minhwan opened his eyes and his chants were faster. A chill ran down Seol’s spine when she noticed Minhwan’s eyes; it was sharp and cold. The white area around the eye turned red and his pupil turned black than darkest of the lightless nights; nothing human can be seen from it. With one final word, the seal in the air broke and a griffin appeared.

“This creature here is already tamed though.” Minhwan suddenly said as he petted the griffin. His aura changed back to normal as if his eyes weren’t cold like before. “Remember how I told you that you can summon again the creatures that you tamed already? I summoned this tamed griffin first just to show you how difficult it is to summon them. Now I’ll try to summon, something untamed. You should step back a bit.” Minhwan told the griffin.

“Wait, let me do the summoning.” Seol said suddenly.

“It’s too risky. You haven’t seen me tame a level 4 creature.” Minhwan protested.

“You said they are a more dangerous right? I just want to try something, let me do it.”

“No. It’s too dangerous.”

“Trust me and I trust you too anyway.”

Minhwan rubbed his head and thought for a few seconds and gave up, knowing she might have had her reasons why she was being persistent today.

“Fine, just this once okay?”

“Thanks.”

She smiled at him and the smile immediately faded away when she started her summoning spell. When she was done with drawing the symbol, a phoenix came out and it immediately went towards her direction.

“SEOL LOOK OUT!” Minhwan cried to Seol and was about to cast a spell but Seol stopped him and he was left in wonder. The phoenix was actually gliding softly on her way to her and it landed gently on her arm and rubbed its head at her. Minhwan sighed in relief.

“I thought that I might have summoned and tamed a level 4 creature before so I gave it a try and I was right.” She smiled at the phoenix at her arm and Minhwan smiled happily.

“But of course, Comet. How can I even forget about her? She’s your favorite familiar. She’s so tamed; I almost forgot she’s a level 4.” Minhwan then raised his hand and called for the phoenix and it landed also in his arm. “You know, when a strong bond between a familiar and a master is formed, it could be used as one of the greatest defenses. Comet must have been calling you so that’s why you insisted earlier.” Minhwan then petted the phoenix and it went back to Seol after getting what it wants.

“I guess she is because I kept on getting a glimpse of her ever since we started our lessons.”

“A great bond indeed. Lessons about taming will resume tomorrow then.”

“Not level 5 creatures yet?”

“That’s out of your league noona. Even if you’re a keeper, summoning isn’t your specialty. Only our family is capable of doing that.” Minhwan just then let out a soft chuckle.

After the summoning lesson she took a little break. Bast and Diriel prepared refreshments for them in the training field. They were then joined in by Sophia and Adriel but it wasn’t long when the next teacher came.

“What do we have here?” Seunghyun came in and joined their little feast.

“Cakes made by Bast. They’re so good ugghh..” Sophia answered for him.

“I’ll have some then.” He took his seat and started eating his cake. “Seol, we’ll start after you eat. Sophia, send us to a space that is similar to the underworld’s untouched forest.” Seunghyun said casually as he nibbled on his food.

“Are you crazy? Even though you’re an elite demon you’ll have a hard time getting out of an untouched forest.” Sophia said to him but he wasn’t even bothered by it. “Oh right, YOU ARE CRAZY! But I do have one of those. That’s where I keep all the demons that were after Seol before.”

“Are they still alive?” Seol asked.

“Nope. The longest demon that lasted in that space was 2 days.”

“What’s the rank of that demon?” Seunghyun questioned.

“Level 4.”

“Weak.”

“You and your big mouth.”

As soon as they were done, Seunghyun and Seol stood up and prepared to enter the space that many demons died already.

“Precaution, once we step it, never let your guard down. It’s an untouched forest or similar to it, meaning a lot of creatures are residing in that place and enchantments as well. Here’s the lesson for today, detecting.” Seunghyun instructed her.

“Detecting?”

“You’ll make surveillance in a certain radius I will tell you. You’ll have to tell me how many creatures you can detect and if it matches mine, we’re done for today.”

“That’s it?”

Seunghyun just laughed at her question and turned to Sophia. “Tell them that we’ll be late for dinner okay?” Sophia just nodded, understanding very well the situation.

“Just make sure you’ll last that long without any serious injuries.” Sophia reminded them and then she snapped her fingers and sent the two at the space.

“Stay still. I’m setting up a barrier within 100 meters so nothing can disturb us.” Seunghyun hurriedly casted a spell. His warm aura gone, replaced by a sudden gust of wind as a force envelops the two of them. “This will keep us safe for the mean time.”

“Will we be all right?”

“Don’t worry, I won’t let anything happen to you.” He reassured her and his words were enough to keep her calm. “But of course, do not let your guard down. Shall we start with detecting then?” She nodded and waited for his instructions. “Tell me how many creatures you see within 300 meters?”

She then closed her eyes and tried detecting if there were any creatures around that area Seunghyun said. She looked around carefully, going in circles but she found none. She was surprised when she found nothing and tried again for the second time and still nothing. She looked back at Seunghyun and he was waiting for her reply.

“I got none.” She said worriedly.

“Actually there are more or less 500 of them Seol.”

“No way?”

“Looks like it’s going to be a long lesson today huh?”

“But I checked twice and I found none.”

“Remember what I told you yesterday? The higher the ranking of the creature is, the harder to detect. So basically the creatures here are level 4 and above--!” Seunghyun suddenly cursed and then grabbed Seol and flew away while exchanging blows with a creature. “I guess my barrier was too weak. This is what I’m talking about! It’s not yet even 5 minutes before we stepped into this space but a baphomet already showed up and smashed my force field just like that!”

“But isn’t a baphomet a level 4 creature?!!” Seol panicked unsure of what to do.

“Exactly!” Right when Seunghyun answered, the baphomet came rushing into them, his hands ready to take them out. “I do not like it when I am disturbed.” Seunghyun growled. In a quick speed he went for its horn. He sliced the horn using a wind spell and the baphomet cried in pain. It went berserk and aimed for Seunghyun and at that moment Seunghyun got his hands full already. Seol who was unsure of what to do was actually being targeted by another baphomet. “SEOL!” Seunghyun cried in horror as he fired against the baphomet who was after Seol. When he did that, the baphomet that first attacked them got Seunghyun. He was hit at his back and he went flying in the forest, breaking ten trees or so.

“SEUNGHYUN!!” Seol cried in fear. She hurriedly went to him while trying to avoid the baphomets after her, firing a spell whenever she gets the chance.

“Okay, that’s it. You almost hurt Seol. I will not forgive you.” Seunghyun swiftly flew over the baphomets and in an instant the two of them dropped on the ground with a loud thud.

“SEUNGHYUN DO NOT KILL THE BAPHOMETS!” Suddenly Sophia’s voice was heard all throughout the space.

“I just knocked them out don’t worry.” Seunghyun shouted over while making his way to Seol and casting another force field this time. “I underestimated the space. This force field would last longer this time.” Seunghyun told Seol whose mouth was hanging open with what she had seen. It happened so fast, if she blinked, she would’ve missed everything.

“Ho..How did you do that?”

“Did what?”

“Those baphomets? They’re level 4 creatures..”

“I’m a hunter. That’s what I do best.” He boasted. “You’ll be able to do that at least when you get you memories back. As of now, let’s return to your lessons. Now tell me again how many creatures you sense within 300 meters?”

Back in Korea however, FT Island had a visitor. Jonghun was waiting for her eagerly. After days of searching and convincing he was able to get a demon that can teach Seol medicine.

“Ah, I’ve been waiting for you. Thank you for accepting my request.” Jonghun went to her and she bowed down in an instant.

“It’s a request from the demon prince. It’s a request I cannot reject.” She answered. He then took her hand and kissed it.

“I am very delighted that you agreed despite the inconvenience the circumstances may bring you. After all, there is no other demon fit for this request but you.”

“I am humbled by that remark. My deepest gratitude my prince.”

“Very well, let’s go inside then, Lady Jezebel.”

xx--xx

lol,okay, i made an image just in case ididnt write the explanation very well xD kekeke~ hi guys how's everyone doing? tbh, it's been 2 weeks since i last write a new chapter for this im stuck at 26 ;__; hopefully i finish this soon bc i'll be terribly busy (work + studies + tutorial + fangirling) xD bahahaha so yeah, i hope you enjoyed this chapter ^^ i like this one bc awesome powers ^^

@rachelxzoe- d'awww bb you're so sweet ^^ <3 :D i wonder if you'll still be sweet with your comments on the next chapters.. OTLOTL xDD

@babo_cy- here's an update xD no jaeseol though.. ><

@ChocoBun- idk that movie xD well, language wouldnt matter anyway xD just trying to distract his urges bc xD lolol

sorry for mistakes btw ><