Chapter 5

Fragments

 

The five demons were busy living their lives like ordinary humans. They woke up early for their schedule and they had rehearsals after that. During lunch they were all so hungry, their stomachs rumbling for food that they didn’t have enough time to think of something else. They didn’t have time to even look at the surveillance crystal ball and none of them had an idea that Seol was about to meet up with a human boy.
 
It was anxiety for Seol to wait for time to pass by. She was someone who wanted to end something as soon as possible.  When she made up her mind that she would meet that human boy, she just wanted it to be over to get the wondering done with. When the bell rang, she rather felt nervous since never in her human life did she meet up with anyone because of a confession. She took a deep breath and prepared herself mentally to meet him.
 
“Are you ready?” Yuki suddenly came up to her. This caught her in surprise and she nodded. “You can do it. I’m just a call away. Fighting!” She cheered for her friend as she went to the café the human boy indicated.
 
She slowly opened the door of the café and looked around to find the boy. She was afraid all of a sudden. All the feelings she was feeling were new to her. She kept on looking around but there was no sign of the boy. The sudden idea that someone played a trick on her came to her mind and just the thought of it made a tiny sting in her heart.
 
“ Seol-san.” A tall, skinny-built boy approached her. His hair was long for a guy but it suited him just fine and even added to his already good looking facial features.
 
“Hirazawa-san.” She called him and in an instant both of them were caught in an awkward shy silence.
 
“Why don’t we get something to eat? It’s lunch after all.” The boy flashed her a smile and she smiled awkwardly back and followed the boy to their sit.
 
When they were seated, the waitress gave them the menu. She took the opportunity to keep herself busy from choosing a meal so she could avoid him even just for a little while because she was so nervous she didn’t know what to do.
 
“Have you chosen something already?” He asked her for he noticed that she was sort of having trouble choosing.
 
“What can you suggest?” She asked.
 
“Is there anything you prefer, like chicken..”
 
“Chicken sounds good.” She suddenly said and the boy was smitten by her reaction over a food. He let out a soft chuckle and turned to the waitress waiting for their order.
 
“I’ll have one of this and this for the lady. A glass of soda and?” He turned to her to complete the order.
 
“Root beer.” She completed for him.
 
“Anything else?” The waitress asked and they both shook their heads.
 
When the waitress left there was silence again, both were unsure of what to say next. They stayed quiet for the next minutes; both of them were waiting for each other to say something.
 
“So uhm, you got my letter.” He said and she blushed instantly when she remembered the contents but got the courage to nod. “So I see.” He said and bowed a little, obviously overwhelmed by the presence of the lady in front of him. “Honestly, I didn’t expect you to come.” He confessed but she waited for him to continue. “It’s just that, I heard you never respond to letters and that you turn down every confession so I didn’t expect you’ll come.” He continued and she knew what he said was the truth.
 
“But I came.” She replied coldly. It wasn’t long when their food arrived and the boy felt the coldness in the girl’s tone. He was unsure of the next words to say again since he was too intimidated.
 
They enjoyed the meal in silence instead and only glanced at each other once in a while. During the meal however, the boy was gathering enough courage to ask her out. He was determined to break the ice surrounding the mysterious girl in front of him.
 
“You don’t have to pay for everything though.” Seol said when they went out of the café.
 
“No it’s okay. I’m the one who asked you out for lunch anyway.” He insisted. “Seol-san,” He called for her and she turned to him. “Can I see you again?” He asked her with gentle eyes and this moved her. She looked away and nodded, with this he smiled from ear to ear.
 
Meanwhile, thousands of miles away, two eyes were watching and almost tearing up with what they saw. He saw his girl agreeing to see a mere human boy for the next days to come. It was the first time that happened. He finished his lunch fast so he could watch over her for the remaining time of their lunch break, only to be left to find out that she was having lunch with someone else. His vision was blurred with tears all of a sudden. Never did it cross his mind that Seol would look at someone else besides him. He almost dropped the crystal but good thing Seunghyun was fast to react and was able to levitate the ball before it shattered into pieces.
 
“Careful hyung.” He reminded him but he was caught wondering when he saw his hyung’s tear filled eyes. He glanced at the crystal ball and saw her walking with a boy.
 
“I shall see you on Friday then.” The boy smiled to her and she smiled back before they finally went their separate ways.
Seunghyun couldn’t believe what he was seeing. He was not convinced that she had feelings for that human boy. He looked back at his hyung who was obviously hurt about it.
 
“I’ll just go to the bathroom.” He excused himself and Seunghyun didn’t stop him but left him alone, thinking it was the best thing to do at that moment.
“Seol, what are you doing now? You don’t like that guy.” Seunghyun said out loud to himself. “That guy can’t even measure up to hyung! What more to me!” He continued having a monologue as if lecturing Seol but she couldn’t hear him.
 
The maknae saw Seunghyun’s worried face while looking at the crystal ball so he went to him and watched also. But he didn’t find anything strange from Seol’s current activities.
 
“What’s up with the worried face? Nothing seems to be wrong with noona?” Minhwan asked him.
 
“A few minutes ago, she agreed to go out with a human boy.” Seunghyun informed him and Minhwan’s eyes shot open, even though they were small, it opened to its full capacity, showing his utmost disbelief.
 
“You’re kidding?”
 
“Nope. Hyung is probably crying right now in the bathroom.” Seunghyun said as he continued watching over her. His forehead was scrunched up, thinking heavily upon the matter.
 
“Minhwan, did Adriel tell you something about Seol getting attracted to a human boy these past few days?”
 
“No. She said that noona was busy because she has her exams.”
 
“Go ask Adriel to fish out something about this guy and also Seol’s real feelings for this guy.”
 
“What for?”
 
“To prove that I am right.”
 
Seunghyun smiled at him and Minhwan just did as he was told. Adriel, Minhwan’s girlfriend was playing the role of Seol’s younger sister in the human world. In fact, the whole family of Seol in the human world were demons as well. They couldn’t leave her unguarded. They couldn’t tell when the enemies would find about her whereabouts and at the same time they could keep a close look at her. Her parents in the human world were actually her head maid and butler in the underworld and her younger sister was as said, Adriel.
 
That night, Adriel started the mission given to her. She went to Seol’s bedroom and played along her role of being the younger sister. It wasn’t really hard to get information out of Seol since she and Seol were close. While the mission was ongoing, Seunghyun decided to record the events for tonight since FT Island would be busy.
 
“Nee-chan, do you have a moment?” Adriel went inside Seol’s room.
 
“What is it Adriel?” She didn’t look back to her “sister” and instead continued staring at laptop’s screen, doing random things.
 
“Can I ask you about something?” Adriel said, puffing her cheeks and making a face her. Seol, who was a er for her cuteness, focused her attention on her “sister”.
 
“Okay, you have my full attention. Now tell me.”
 
“Well, nee-chan you received love letters and confessions before right?” She began and Seol tried removing her thoughts from the recent letter she just got.
“I’m guessing you got one recently then and you’re thinking about answering it then?” She presumed and Adriel decided to play along since she wasn’t wrong either. She did get a recent confession but she couldn’t care less since she had Minhwan but for the sake of the mission she just let her assume things.
 
“Well sort of. What should I do then?”
 
“Well, if you like the guy then of course go for it, why even say no?”
 
“But I don’t like the guy something like I’m just interested.” Adriel said and Seol couldn’t help but giggle at her remark. “What’s so funny?” Adriel asked, thinking she might have hit something.
 
“We’re sisters all right.” Seol said in amusement and Adriel liked this statement very much. Even though back in the underworld, though they weren’t related by blood, Seol would say this often because of the things they had in common. And hearing her say this now felt nostalgic as if she didn’t lose her memory. Adriel however had to focus on her real purpose.
 
“Why all of a sudden?” she asked, fishing out. “You’re in the same situation too?”
 
“Well something like that.”
 
“Tell me more about this guy. Do you like him? What does he look like? How did he confess?”
 
“Wooh..wooh..slow  down with the questions. Well for your question, no I don’t like him, something like interested just like you said.”
 
“So you’re going out with him?”
 
“Nothing serious, just taking our time getting to know each other.”
 
“What does he look like? Is he more good looking than Jaejin?”
 
“Why even bring up Jaejin in this conversation?” She laughed at the absurd idea of bringing up some celebrity when they were talking about people in real life but for Adriel and the others that would be watching this conversation later on, it was a big deal.
 
“Because you have been repeating yourself over and over again these past few weeks that he’s your ideal guy. Who would’ve thought you would actually like them.” Adriel was the one who influenced Seol. In fact, Adriel had been listening to FT Island since their debut but kept it a secret to Seol since at that time it wasn’t sure how safe she was in the human world they had to make sure she didn’t know that they exist. It was just recently that Yuki introduced them to her and Adriel soon followed by admitting she was a close fan.
 
 “He is good looking but not as good looking as Jaejin or FT Island. Comparing normal people to FT Island is unfair.” Adriel just nodded knowing that fact very well.
 
“Then what made you interested?”
 
“I saw him helping a kid a few months ago in the park. I don’t know. Usually people would just pass by and ignore the trivial worries of others but he took his time and helped the kid. Oh, you know he’s in a band too and he’s the bassist.”
 
“Naruhodo. Naruhodo.” She replied analyzing the events and she knew that this interest might turn into something else so something had to be done.
 
“Anyway we’re missing the point here. So what’s your plan about the guy?”
 
“I’ll reject him.”
 
“What? Why?”
 
“Minhwan is the only one for me.” She stood up and closed the door leaving Seol dumb founded with her reply.
 
“I guess she’s in that stage of fangirling.” She thought out loud to herself and returned to her laptop.
 
Back in her room, Adriel sent a message to Minhwan about her analysis of the matter which she labeled, “Something must be done.”
 
xx—xx
and as promised, friday update! ^^ Hi new and old subscribers ^^ :">
 
@jaceBlue- it was torture for me while writing it tbh =__= xD
 
@rachelxzoe- yes your reaction xD and d'aawww :"> thanks sis for always reading my sheeezz.. :* <3 /throws hearts
 
@youroppa- xd hahahaha stop hating on jun omg xD