Chapter 19:

Fragments

 

He was hurting and so was she but she was too stubborn to confront her feelings for it didn't make sense. Her memories were gone for a long time already but she couldn't forget what she felt the first time she saw Jaejin's picture.

It was like any other normal day for a human. A normal lunch break with Yuki, the usual food, the usual aura, nothing extravagant, everything was just plain ordinary. Seol was silently eating her food while Yuki was too eager watching some band in her laptop, neglecting her food. Seol took a peek on what her friend was going crazy over for.

"Oh it's a band." She said to Yuki who didn't hear her since there were earphones on full blast in her ears. It took a while before Yuki noticed that Seol was staring at her.

"Oh, you want to listen?" Yuki offered the other ear piece and Seol took it and listened to the band while her full attention was on her food.

The vocals are good and so are the instruments. Not bad at all.She thought to herself. She still wasn't looking at the screen and was busy eating when she suddenly heard his voice. It made her heart skip and she wondered why. She instantly looked at the screen to see who the owner of the voice was and her eyes were glued to him since then.

"Who's the bassist?" She asked impatiently while shaking Yuki for an answer.

"That's Lee Jaejin."

xx--xx

Seol returned to reality when Raining ended and then Neverland suddenly played in her ipod. The song reminded her the first time she learned about FT Island. When Jaejin started singing the chorus in Raining, for some reason it made her heart ache.

When she thought she was human, she had seen how love affected everyone around her, everyone but her. But with just one song and one voice, it made her heart felt something she had never felt before. It didn't make sense to her until recently she learned about her real identity.

She was happy at first even without fully understanding where all her feelings were coming from but what she was feeling now made her forget that happiness and let her mind took over, telling her to stay away from the pain.

"Lady Seol, it's time for your medical lessons." Bast came to her and she reluctantly removed her earphones and stood up. She didn't want to see that girl. Every time she sees her all she can think about was her and Jaejin together in bed and it was eating her inside. She dragged herself out of the room and went to the study still. When she entered the study, she composed herself as if she wasn't affected by her at all.

"What's the lesson today?" She asked casually. As much as she wanted to get rid of Jezebel she had yet to serve her purpose.

"We'll be making potions today." Jezebel said while preparing the ingredients on the table. Seol was looking at her directly in the eyes but all Jezebel could do was stay away from those accusing stare and try to hide how much happy she was that Jaejin was now “free”.

A tiny smirk formed in her lips and she was too happy with the thought that she accidentally dropped the bottle of dragon's scales. "Sorry, my mind was wondering somewhere,"

She picked up the broken glasses with her bare hands and Seol just watched her clean the mess she made. She saw that smirk that formed in her lips a while ago but she decided to ignore it. "Just be careful that you don't drop another ingredient." She just said to acknowledge her apology. She then impatiently threw a small fireball at the mess Jezebel made, turning the mess into ashes when she got impatient. "There, mess is gone. Can we start the lessons already? I have another lesson next." Jezebel was startled by the sudden flame but just obeyed the higher demon's command.

I'll get you soon, just wait a little more.She thought to herself.

xx--xx

"I don't get it. Why are you still keeping that girl around?" Sophia said while showing her effortlessy how to detail a space and Seol looked at her work half-heartedly.

"If I chase her out, who will teach me medicine? She can sleep with him whenever she wants for all I care."

"Yeah right. Stop lying to yourself! Jaejin is your boyfriend,"

"In the past I can't remember. No use holding on to it now." She argued stubbornly and stepped back a little as she tried what Sophia was doing.

"Still so stubborn." Sophia was irritated but she knew there was nothing she can do to convince her to get back with Jaejin.

Sophia just then watched Seol's performance and she noticed how fast she was accomplishing each tasks and even with the other lessons she finished them effortlessly. Her demon instincts were fully awakened already and the lessons were just like reviews that was why Seol accomplished them efficiently.

"There done." Seol said smugly and watched as Sophia checked her work.

"Okay, we're done for today."

"Finally a rest." Seol mumbled as they walked out of the field.

When they were at the hallway they bumped into the five demons. They were also on their way to the field for Seol's next lesson. Seol didn't even look at Jaejin and acted as if it was nothing. Sophia and Hongki were all lovey-dovey but the other couple was nowhere near that. All of them looked at Jaejin who was obviously too hurt with the situation but Seol barely an emotion can be found from Seol.

"Where are you going by the way?" Hongki then broke the silence.

"Nowhere in particular. Our lessons were done faster than usual." Sophia answered and Seol just nodded.

"Time for your next lessons then." The prince said it more like a command than a statement and Seol stuck her tongue out to the prince. "Stop acting like a child." Jonghun said to her.

"Can I have only one more lesson for today? I'm really exhausted with all the medical lessons. I promise I'll take the other lessons tomorrow." Seol said, sworing like a kid.

"Is it true?" Jonghun turned to Sophia and she nodded. Jezebel and Seol spent 5 hours making potions and after that Seol was really drained. "Very well then,"

"I'll take Seunghyun's lesson today then!" She grabbed Seunghyun's arms without seconds thoughts and was about to drag him away.

"Wait, I think you need to focus more on your spells." Jonghun protested but Seol didn't even look back and squeezed Seunghyun's hand instead.

"I'll take that tomorrow. I just want Seunghyun's lesson now." She answered still not looking back.

"We have cloaking lessons today. It'll help her a lot in the future if she masters it." Seunghyun added, knowing very well why Seol wanted to avoid the spell lessons. "We'll be going out in town. Let's go Seol." They then walked away hand in hand while the others just watch them leave the place.

Jaejin just stared unbelievingly at them. Yet again, he had to bear the pain of watching her get taken away, only this time, there was no crystal ball, and the hand she was holding was his friend's, she knew this time there was he waiting for her but she chose someone else.

xx--xx

Seunghyun and Seol were walking in the streets with no exact destination. He was still holding her hand as they walk together with the humans and let the busy flow of their short lives pass by them. It was dark already. The lights from the stores and lamp posts were the things that made the night illuminate. They stayed quiet for a while and just took in the moment to breathe in.

It was later on when Seol got the courage to face Seunghyun. They were in an almost abandoned park and it was a perfect place to start their lessons. At the same time, she knew she was taking advantage of his feelings for her but she needed someone right now and the best person she could think of was him. "Seunghyun," She called for him and he smiled gently at her. She felt her heart warmed up with that soft smile of his and it wasn't the first time he did that to her. "We've been strolling around for a while already. Shall we start the lesson?"

"Are you in the mood for it now?" He made sure she wasn't just forcing herself.

"Yep." She smiled at him widely while swinging their hands and he couldn't help but chuckle at her. "What's so funny?"

"It's nothing." The smile on his face wouldn't go away. He was in reality, amused by the fact that he could be this close to her again. Ever since Jaejin and she were together, his time with her was very limited despite the labeled relationship between them: “Best Friends”. He shook the thought away from his head and smiled at her again, “Here's the lesson for today; cloaking."

"Cloaking?"

"You have to hide yourself by adapting to the environment you are in. When a hunter found its target, we hide ourselves by adapting to the environment so that we wouldn't get spotted by our preys. It's useful during fights as well. You hide your presence and you hide your physical body will give you an advantage."

"Sounds like it can help me run away from trouble."

"That too. Now shall we begin?" He let go of her hand slowly and disappeared slowly as well, literally vanishing in thin air.

Seol watched in astonishment as Seunghyun's body and presence disappear, it was as if he wasn't existing. She tried a tracking spell but she found him nowhere. She looked left and right, around her everywhere and started calling out for his name for she started to get worried. "Seunghyun? Where are you? Can you come out now please?" She called out for him, almost sounding like a crazy person. Lucky for her, the park had no one in it already.

Seunghyun then appeared slowly next to her and he held her hand to make her know he was right there all along. "I'm here," He whispered softly to her and she let out a relieved sigh when she saw Seunghyun's figure becoming visible.

"Don't scare me like that. Don't vanish like that again." She scolded him but he just let out a soft giggle.

He then tucked her hair behind her ears and cupped her face with one hand. "I won't go anywhere. I promise." He said those meaningful words then let go of her. "Now your turn to disappear." He winked at her and she just nodded unsurely. He waited for her to start but he saw her hesitating instead. "What's wrong?"

"What if I disappear forever?" Her question got him a bit worried by what she meant. "I mean, what if after I disappear like you did, I couldn't go back to normal? Like, what if I fail cloaking and," Seunghyun cut her off by laughing hard and she pouted, feeling that what he did was rude.

"I'm sorry for laughing but," He looked at her in the eyes deeply and she was caught right then. "I will find you no matter what happens." After saying those words he looked up at the sky and she did the same and looked back at him. "Did you forget that I'm the successor of the number one hungting clan in the demon world?" He bragged and Seol nodded in full conviction. "So you don't have to worry okay?"

"Okay." She breathed in and out. "Here goes nothing."

xx--xx

He was at the balcony with a guitar and pen and paper to accompany him. He was staring at the night sky most of the time and would eventually look down back to scribbling when he thought of something. There are fewer stars tonight, he thought to his self. He strummed in the chords he previously wrote and tried to feel the melody with words. He would try to write a word or two but instantly erasing them afterwards. He was just feeling so empty right now, not even words could help describe what he actually feels. Not even the tears he shed were enough to explain them all.

What can I do to make you come back?He thought over and over again and then found his self getting overwhelmed by his feelings again. He leaned his forehead on his guitar; feeling exhausted from everything and let his self cry again.

From afar, two eyes happened to pass by and noticed his crying figure. She watched her for a few minutes before mastering the courage to come up to him. These past few days he avoided her and pretended as if she wasn't existing. He was cold towards her now and she could feel that. She tried approaching her once but she got rejeccted by his cold stare.

Slowly, she walked up to him. He knew he was there already. He noticed that but he didn't care. He wanted to blame her so much but at the same time he knew it was his fault in the first place.

She then touched his back lightly but he didn't even move an inch. "Jaejin," She whispered as she looked at him with sorrowful eyes.

"Leave me please." His voice was hard as if he wasn't even crying and this got her taken aback. "Stay away from me." With his words, she wrapped her arms around his waist and leaned her face on his back and began to sob.

"I won't. I will never leave you." She began saying. "If she can leave you just like that then she doesn't deserve your love. I am here for you and always will be. Even if you push me away thousands of times I will remain by your side." She hugged tighter as her tears wet the back of Jaejin's shirt.

Jaejin then felt Seunghyun and Seol's presence. It was faint but he was sure of it. He then ran towards their direction, breaking Jezebel's hold around her but they were gone before he could confirm it. He weakly leaned on the wall and thought of the things what could Seol be thinking at that moment.

"Jaejin," She tried reaching for him but he avoided it.

"Stay away while I still have the patience to be decent with you." He said coldly and left her in the balcony her hand hanging.

It was actually true that Seol and Seunghyun were there. With her confession of loyal love, it was heard by the two demons that happened to just came home from a lesson. They both hid their presence instantly when they saw them and Seunghyun took her away from the scene and locked their selves in his room, knowing very well what Seol must've been feeling at that moment.

They were then in his room, the lights were off as he held her in his arms. He was holding her head to his chest, her ears next to his heart so she could hear it beating and forget what she had just seen. "I may not have said this before even when you still had your memories." He began saying.  "But I might as well tell you that... I love you." She listened to his confession and he felt her heart beating faster than normal as well but she couldn't look at him for a part of her thoughts were in the image with what she had seen a while ago. "I've always looked at you from afar. All these years I tried so hard keeping it. I thought to myself it was okay, as long as I can see you smile." He continued saying his feelings and she listened to him. "But seeing you hurt, I don't think I can stay put any longer." He then lifted her chin and made her face him. He was melting her with his stare, showing how earnest he was. "Open your heart for me."

xx--xx

XD AIGOOOOO~ I KNNOOOOOWWW....but how weirdd is this me writing this when in mangas or animes or any stories i always like the "other guy" oh well.. xD and i see people back on commenting again /sobs ;__; thank you for bringing my trust with myself back ;__;

@rachelxzoe-how about, NO. XD LOLOL just kidding bb :* <3

@jaceBlue-*0* omg i wonder who will you guys pick if you were seol :))

@iama_alicia-OMG REALLY? it' just starting xD omg..you will ship them more and more i guess :D

@ilovejinnie- HAHAHAHAHAHA YES JAEJIN FIGHT FOR YOUR GIRL OMG OTL OTL

@babo_cy- OMG PLEASE TELL HER THAT UUGGHH AKSJDHAKSJDH XDD

i'll try to write chapter 27 i hope it can write tongiht bc the last time i wrote something was one month ago ;__; /sobs

see you guys :) <3