Chapter 11

Fragments

That night, Seunghyun, Minhwan, Jaejin and Seol had dinner together. It was all quiet since they didn’t know how to act in front of Seol after learning about the truth. She also had this dazed stare and they were all unsure on what to do. All of them had their own worlds though they were eating together; Seunghyun was very awkward since even before he didn’t know how to act in front of Seol, Jaejin was trying to eat his dinner normally, Adriel and Minhwan were trying to get on like a normal couple and Seol was staring at them in an awed manner.

“And here I thought you were just an obsessed fan.” Seol chuckled, breaking the silence and they all laughed with her remark as well.

“I told you, Minhwan is the only one for me.” Adriel reminded her and Minhwan blushed instantly. He rubbed his nose like he usually did when he was shy.

“You’re making him embarrassed Adriel!” Seol was amused with Minhwan’s reaction and he blushed even more.

“I just said the truth.”

“No wonder you rejected every boy who asked you out.”

“What? Why only me? You also rejected everyone. Ohh.. wait there’s an exception.” The younger female demon’s voice trailed off and Jaejin’s chop sticks snapped in an instant and suddenly he was surrounded by a dark aura but he remained quiet.

Seol noticed Jaejn’s change of aura and she felt like she had to do something. “Oi, oi, I never had a boyfriend. What are you saying?” She said nervously. She wondered if Jaejin knew about Jun that was why he reacted that way. But she didn’t know what to do; if it was right to explain to him and all that.

“Whatever you say then.” Adriel gave up the discussion. She just did this just so she could trigger Seol’s true feelings since she knew that she was still avoiding Jaejin.

After dinner, Seol decided to look for Jaejin who said that he would just be making a call but instead, she found Adriel and Minhwan in their own world and Seunghyun was the awkward third party. She decided to sit beside him and get this chance to know him better.

“They’re cute aren’t they?” Seol suddenly said to Seunghyun and it took a while before Seunghyun realized she was talking to him and that she was also referring to Adriel and Minhwan.

“Yeah. Sometimes too cute they are already too much to watch.” He replied nonchalantly and she just giggled at what he said.

“Eh? Why do I hear bitterness from your words?” She teased, no harm intended. Seunghyun was surprised with what she said and then again she doesn’t have her memories so he decided to let it pass.

“Well, unlike those two, I’m not really lucky with love.” He made his answer vague and he didn’t want to let her know yet again his true feelings.

“That’s weird.”

“What’s weird?”

“You? Not lucky in love? But you’re so lovable.” When she said those words he couldn’t help but smile widely since it was coming from her, the girl he loved.

“Well, that’s true. But it’s meaningless...since the girl I want doesn’t love me.” His grin faded into a small bitter smile and Seol noticed his sadness and her mood was pulled down with him.

“Then that girl is stupid for letting you slip away.” She blurted all of a sudden, just wanted to cheer up the boy who gives her an instant smile every time he smiles. But Seunghyun just laughed at her and tried to smile the widest he can. “There, you smiled, it suits you better.” She smiled to him and he was just so moved with what she said he wanted to hug her at that moment but of course he couldn’t do that.

He instead, patted her head and smiled to her sweetly. “Thank you.” Even behind his gratitude and smile that came from the heart, she knew he was holding a great pain inside.

She finally saw Jaejin who was standing while looking at them from across the living room. As much as she wanted to stay beside the boy with a broken smile she had to clear some things with the guy who owned her heart.

Seunghyun noticed that she was looking at something else and when he saw where she was looking at, he smirked bitterly. “You better go to hyung.” She looked at him, asking what he meant. “You want to clear a misunderstanding right?” She just nodded, puzzled how this boy knew about it. “Go get him.” He winked at her and laughed and she did as she was told. Again, Seunghyun had to experience getting set aside by Seol because of his hyung. He smiled at his misery and tried to not let the matter get into him that much.

“Seunghyun! Join us!” Minhwan grabbed his best friend and forced him to play cards with them. He knew his best friend needed some cheering up and every time this happened he would always be there for him.

Seol then approached Jaejin and he saw her coming for him but he waited for her instead of meeting her half way to show her that he wasn’t pleased. Seol knew very well that he was in a bad mood and she was scared all of a sudden. Even though she bullied him and pretended she didn’t feel anything towards him, she was really nervous at that moment.

She walked slowly towards him and she was looking down the entire time. “Jaejin-ahh, can I talk to you?”

“About what?” He said coldly and this really made her nervous even more.

“Can we talk somewhere else?”

“Can you not say it here?”

“I would greatly appreciate it if we talk somewhere else with less people.”

“Demons.” He corrected her and she nodded. “Fine then. Shall we go to your room?” He started walking and she followed, keeping a distance from him.

She suddenly felt lonely when she noticed the way he was talking to her and the coldness in his eyes was making it hard for her to breath. When they got to her room he took the seat across from her bed and crossed his legs, giving this cold aura of some person with high status. She suddenly felt the distance between them and this was killing her.

“Well then, what is it that you want to talk about?” His voice was so detached and uninterested, he wasn’t even looking at her. Seol was too afraid to talk, she was afraid that she was getting ahead of herself, thinking that she might not mean as much to him after all. She stayed quiet looking down, unable to move. “If you’re not saying anything then I’ll just leave.” He was about to open the door but she tugged his shirt to stop him. He took a deep breath before turning to her. He saw her gloomy expression and he felt guilty for acting cold towards her. He wasn’t able to hold on to that “cold” feeling for her when he saw the way she looked and he immediately pulled her into a hug.

When she felt the familiar warmth that was surrounding her body, she hugged him back and held him tight. “Why are you so cold all of a sudden?” When she said those words, she snuggled on his neck.

“Because I’m jealous of that human boy. Isn’t it obvious?” He whispered to her ears, admitting his true feelings.

“But he’s not my boyfriend.” She defended.

“Yeah, he isn’t but you go on dates with him.” He couldn’t hide his jealousy any longer and he was letting it all out now. Seol knew what he said was true but if she knew he was hers then she wouldn’t have gone out with him.

“I’m sorry.” She began. “If I knew that I have you then I wouldn’t have gone out with him.” She said to him, trying to be forgiven.

“I know. I’m sorry too. It was just..too much for me. Sorry if I feel this way.”

She shook her head, meaning she understood why he was like that. “I understand and you have the every right to feel anything. It must have been so hard, to be left alone and having to remember everything.” She paused as she tried to fight back the tears in her eyes. She couldn’t imagine the pain he had to go through for her. “And I was lucky to be saved from those feelings of longing these past five years because I can’t remember anything.” With the frustrations she was feeling, she started tearing up. “I don’t know why I’m feeling this way. I can’t remember anything but my heart is like being squeezed and it hurts so much. But all I know is that it’s telling me that I don’t want to be away from you. When you left a while ago, I spent the hours thinking what I am feeling and I tried to imagine what you have gone through and just the thought of you experiencing pain..” She paused and started crying the feelings she couldn’t explain where it was coming from but the only thing that can describe it were her tears. “But promise, from now on we’ll be together okay?”

He felt her sobbing and his shirt getting wet by her tears. He couldn’t take to see her eyes filled with such pain. He held her tighter and pulled away gently. He then held her face with both his hands and started wiping her tears. “Why are you crying? I’m the one who is supposed to be crying.” He tried making her stop but his voice was shaking, on the verge of crying as well. Tears were already welling up in his eyes.

“I’m sorry. I don’t cry easily as far as I know but right now I can’t help it.” She said in between her sobs. “JAEJIN WAS HURT SO BAD.” She wailed.

“Stupid, stop crying.” He then couldn’t stop his tears as well and cried with her. He kissed her head and then pressed their foreheads together, the two of them looking at each other with tear filled eyes.

“Why are you crying now also?” She asked him when he noticed it and he just smiled to her.

“Because I’m so happy I get to be with you again and touch you and hold you and feel you and tell you..” He kept going on and on and suddenly stopped. He took a deep breath before letting go of those words he so wanted to say, “and say I love you.”

He then captured her lips; it all started with a sweet soft peck but turned out wanting. Her arms were wrapped around his neck while he was kissing him as if it was the most natural thing to do. It was weird for her since she never kissed anyone in the human world and yet again, she had kissed him more than a thousand times so his lips were already familiar on hers. He took this chance to deepen it further, putting his tongue inside of and she just let him in. They let their tongues feel each other to their hearts content, trying to fill those five years they missed.

They stayed like that for who knows how many minutes and just let their feelings for each other take over. After their touching reconciliation, they were both lying on the bed in each other’s arms, enjoying the warmth they hadn’t felt in years. They were facing each other, their eyes wandering, as if trying to retrace each other’s features.

“By the way, how did you know about Jun-kun?” Seol suddenly asked.

“We were watching you like Jonghun told you earlier.”

“How? You’re in Korea and I’m here in Japan.”

“We watch you over with the use of a surveillance crystal ball. It shows us your every move; where you are, who you are with and at the exact moment you are in.”

 Her eyes widened in fascination and yet again something bothered her. “Wait, if it shows my every move at the actual moment, then what about when I..” She stopped herself from asking, her face blushing from the thought.

Jaejin waited for her to continue but she saw her red tainted cheeks and guessed what she was thinking. “Don’t worry, it fades to black during the instances you are probably thinking of right now. But yeah, that’s how we came to know about that Jun-kun.” He mocked the name of the human boy in the end and she hit him lightly on the chest for doing that. “What? I don’t like that human.”

“But that doesn’t give you the right to insult him.”

“I’m a demon. What do you expect?”

“I don’t know? You tell me.”

“You’re defending that human and it is not amusing me. Looks like I have to do a lot of reminding that you are mine.”

He said in a serious manner and pulled her closer to his chest and she pushed him away on instinct and he suddenly gave a sad expression when she did that. He let go of her gently and faced the ceiling instead, doing a lot of thinking.

“Jaejin, what does the old me usually do when I make you feel bad?” She suddenly asked and he turned his head to her. She wasn’t looking though, and he knew the instant that she wanted to cheer him up.

“That,” He referred to her and she looked at him with a confused face. “You always do something to cheer me up.” He touched her nose and she smiled, looking away in an instant. “Want me to tell more about you?” She nodded and he pulled her back into his arms. “You’re a sadist, you don’t mind gory things, violent, anti-social, know-it-all, oblivious, indifferent demon.”

Her forehead was scrunched up; realizing everything he said was everything she knew about herself so far. “I know all of those things already. Are you trying to pick a fight?” He chuckled at her remark, expecting this kind of response from her.

“Let me finish.” He hugged her tighter. “You have your own way of doing things, like cheering me up for example. You don’t usually go say you’re sorry and that’s that. You do something and then say your true feelings.” He smiled, remembering the good old days.

“Sounds legit.” He just laughed and pulled her closer, letting her ears touch his chest, letting her ears hear his heart beat. She stayed quiet and listened to it for a while. She felt her own heart beat and she felt it racing with his. She smiled softly and was just contented of the moment.

“By the way, do you mind if I say good bye to them?” She broke the silence, feeling guilty all of a sudden, knowing that a human was hoping that something would happen between them.

“To whom?”

“Jun and Yuki and my other friends. I won’t be seeing them anymore right? So, I might as well say good bye properly.”

“You can do that of course. Only in one condition, you are not to go out of the house. They’ll go to you instead. But I might as well warn you that it’s risky. You’ll never know when the enemies are watching, their lives might be endangered.”

She fell silent all of a sudden and fear engulfed her, not for herself but for the humans who were very vulnerable to demons.

 

xx—xx

 

@rachelxzoehahahaha better load your gun with full amo xD

@Babocy- d'awww ;A; jinnie is your 2nd bias. And your comment OTL thanks for the flattery hope I live up to your expectations ;A;

@Jaceblue- xD well..if I tell you that'll be spoiling.. But..  ) don't worry much about him xD