Chapter 14

Fragments

 

The two of them stayed lying on the grass, letting the wind touch their existence. They were in a made up world but their heart beats made the place alive. She was thankful for the warmth he was giving and he was happy to feel her again; it was paradise. But their hearts were still uneasy; the other was overflowing with jealousy while the other was unsure where to put herself. They maybe on each other’s arms but questions were racing in their heads.

“Jaejin, can I ask you something?” She took the courage and broke the silence they were in just so the internal noise she was going through would end.

“What is it?”

“Are you mad at me?” He was a little surprised by her question. He knew she must have gathered so much strength just so she could ask him.

“I’m not mad at you. I’m just jealous.” He admitted to her. “He even hugged you and held your hand. Who does he think he is, touching you so freely?” He pulled her closer and she hugged him back, trying to calm his jealousy down.

“So that’s why you were cold towards me.” She whispered and sighed in relief. “I won’t be seeing him anymore anyway so..” She squeezed in her hand and he noticed this.

“Tell me, are you sad because you left Japan or are you sad because you left him?”

“Because of Japan and because you were so cold towards me.” Her answer made him smile his worries were washed away.

He searched for her forehead and kissed it lightly, taking the chance to look at her in the eye. “Sorry for acting cold towards you.” She was blushing. She let the moment sink in but only failing to do so for she was still unable to believe that he was hers; the guy he dreamed of having was holding her and even gave her a kiss just a while ago. She avoided his gaze and buried her face on his chest. Her actions made him chuckle in amusement. “Why are you shy all of a sudden?” He and tried to make her face him but he only got a hit in return.

“Don’t look at it me.”

“What are you so shy about? We’ve been together for a long time already and I’ve seen everything about you.”

“What do you mean by everything?” She looked at him the moment he said everything. Her eyes shot wide open, looking for answers and Jaejin suddenly felt unsure of how to answer her question.

“You’ll find out when you get your memories back.” He shrugged.

“Answer me.” But before Jaejin could make another excuse they suddenly noticed the change of setting. Theywere back in the apartment and Jaejin instantly got up and ran away from Seol to avoid answering her question. “Ya! Answer me!” She yelled at him but he ignored her.

“Good timing Sophia.” Jaejin thanked her, escaping right away leaving Seol hanging with a very intriguing question.

“What was it that you were asking Jinnie?” Sophia then approached the frustrated Seol, intrigued why he ran away like that.

“N-no it’s nothing. I can ask him again later.” Seol answered nervously but Sophia wouldn’t give up just yet.

“Come on ask me. I might know the answer.”

“N-no, really, it’s all right.”

“You can ask me anything you know. We’re friends after all.”

“Friends? Us?”

“Oh yeah, I forgot to introduce myself to you, though you know me already. Hongfat? Remember?”

Seol was so surprised when she heard the term “Hongfat” came out from this demon’s mouth. She knew very well that one person who calls Hongki, Hongfat and it was no other than the Sophia she met through the internet. She was staring at her in complete disbelief; eyes wide open, speechless of what to say.

“You’re the same Sophia? The Primadonna?”

“Yep! Annyeong!!”

“Oh my gosh.”

“I know right!”

“Oh my gosh.”

“Okay, I get it. You’re shocked and happy but can I get a hug now? I haven’t seen you for five years and you can’t even remember me you .”

She pulled her into a hug and Seol was washed away with familiar feelings though she can’t remember but it felt like she was really home.

“So you’re my friend in real life too?” Seol asked her and she chuckled.

“If you mean in the demon world then absolutely yes.”

“No wonder I was feeling so light when talking to you.”

“Yep.” She smiled to her and they were both just happy to get to talk to each other like before. “So what is it that you were asking Jinnie?”

“Forget about it. I can ask him instead.”

“Come on don’t be shy. I know everything about you two so I probably know the answer.” She kept on blabbering to her and all she could do was listen awkwardly. “I even know the first time you did it.”

“WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTT?!!” Seol screamed and she turned red instantly, embarrassment flowing over her senses.

“Oops.” Sophia let out an evil laugh while Seol took in the shocking information.

“Oh seems like you met each other already.” Jonghun suddenly came, leaving Seol no chance to ask any further. “Why are you so red Seol? Are you not feeling okay?”

“N-nooo. I’m fine.” She looked away to them while Sophia continued laughing.

“Anyway, since you said you are fine, Sophia here will be teaching you. She’s a batch ahead of you and she’s the top of the class as well. I think I do not need to explain further since she was able to show off her skills earlier. ” Jonghun explained to her but she couldn’t bear to look at them still. “The rest of us can teach you basics and our specializations; Jaejin specializes in spells. Hongki can show you how to control your powers since his family is known for massive level of power. Minhwan can teach you to summon and tame creatures/familiars. Seunghyun will teach you how to hunt and set traps. He came from a hunter family which is similar to your family, or rather your old family tree.” He went on explaining, like he was sort of in a hurry, not even bothering to pause.

“What do you mean?”

“Each noble family in the demon world specializes in a certain field and the better they are at it, the higher their rankings are. The people you are with right now are the elites among the elites. Your family, Seol, used to be assassins. They are so familiar with the Demon body that they could kill anyone they wish but that was a long time ago. Your great grandfather decided to use your family’s knowledge for healing and medicine instead and that is your family’s lineage right now. The losses of your parents are considered to be a great loss in the underworld but we still have you but they don’t know it yet. Speaking of that, we’ll have trouble with teaching you with medicine.”

“Is there anyone that you can find to teach me at least the basics? That might be the key to returning my memories.”

“I’ll try to attend to that matter as soon as possible but right now just focus on the lessons that they can give you. I shall go for I have another meeting to attend to. I just made sure I introduced you properly to Sophia and your agendas as well. I shall look among the nobles that excel in medicine after I get some things done. See you later.” Jonghun then hurriedly walked away, leaving no chance for Seol to ask any further.

“Seol you stay here and wait for me. Ya! Jonghun wait for me!” Sophia hurriedly went to Jonghun while Seol was too overwhelmed with everything she was frozen on her place. She had no place to go anyway and she didn’t want to bump into Jaejin after knowing that.

Sophia on the other hand was in the middle of plotting another plan to tease the odd couple. She looked for Hongki to ask for help and she lighted up when she saw Jaejin and Hongki together.

"Ah this is perfect." Sophia said and waved her hand. Without a sound, Jaejin was suddenly gone. Hongki blinked a few times before he turned his head to see who was responsible for this.

"Ya Sophia what do you have in mind now?" He asked.

"Matching them up, what else you idiot?" She said, walking over to him. She grabbed his neck with one, his chin with the other hand and gave him a loud kiss on the cheek. "You’re too nosy." She said, smiling at him before walking over to Seol.

The next time Seol opened her eyes she was sitting on a bed in a candle lit room. She let her eyes adjust with the sudden darkness and that was when she noticed that there was another shadow in the room. Afraid of whom it might be, she didn’t move and waited for the figure instead. Her heart skipped a beat when she heard his voice right next to her.

“This space is almost impossible to break. I know this space very well.” Jaejin shook his head in disbelief. “I’m sorry. I don’t know how long we’ll be here.” He apologized to her.

“Wh..Why? What is this space?” She asked nervously. She looked around the room. The scent was sweet, it was dimly lit because of the candles and the only furniture in the room was the big bed they were sitting on. A realization hit her and her eyes widened, her cheeks showing a faint red tint.

“Judging by the way you look right now you have a pretty good guess of what this is.”  She froze when he said that and her heart started beating rapidly. “Don’t worry; I won’t do anything to you.” He held the back of her head and kissed her forehead lightly and stared at her lovingly. Her heart was still beating fast but not because she was scared, but because of the words he said.  They stayed looking at each other lovingly but Jaejin on the other hand was a young demon and his urges would be hard to calm down, knowing very well what the purpose of the space was. He took a deep sigh, trying very hard to control his self. “Well then shall I take this chance and rest?” He hurriedly slid his self under the sheets and faced his back on hers. He didn’t want to lose control and break the promise he just said to her.

Seol watched Jaejin curled up under the sheets as she awkwardly thought about what to do. She just then decided to imitate Jaejin since she was tired and got nothing better to do as well. “Can I sleep beside you?” She whispered shyly and Jaejin blushed with her request. He held his pillow tightly upon hearing her, trying to control his self so hard.

“Sure.” He answered nervously and he felt her sliding under the sheets as well.

They were both quiet for a few minutes; their backs were facing each other. The two of them weren’t moving an inch as they tried calming their loud heart beats. It was as if the two of them were holding their breaths, trying to control their feelings.

“Jaejin are you still awake?”

“Hmm-mm.”

“Are you sleepy?”

“Not really, you?”

“Not either.”

Then there was silence again.  In fact the two of them want to be in each other’s arms. They already hugged before but this time felt awkward for the two of them, especially for Seol who learned something new about their relationship. The fact that her bias was suddenly her boy friend had not yet fully sank in to her, what more the things they did in the past? But he on the other hand, couldn’t seem to get enough of her, no matter how many times he had touched her already.

“Seol can I ask you something?”

“What is it?”

“Can I.. Can I hug you? I promise I won’t do anything weird.”

“Ye..eaahh.”

He shyly took her into an embrace and let her warmth filled him. He was just so happy and contented at the moment; his heart would’ve popped out if it can. She then took in enough courage and faced him; after all, she never thought her dream of being in his arms could come true. They were staring at each other again and just let their eyes feed themselves.

“If you keep on staring at me like that, I’ll have a hard time controlling myself.” Jaejin and she looked away but Jaejin held her chin and made her look at him. “I’m just kidding.”

“About that..” Her voice trailed off and Jaejin waited for her to continue. “Sophia told me..”

“SHE TOLD YOU WHAT?” His voice raised, a bit surprised.

“That.. we.. you know..”

“Okay okay no need to continue. Jeez that girl! She’s making it harder for me to control myself.”

“Baka.”

“Speaking of that, you have yet to learn Korean but that’s okay, I’ll just teach you a language spell and problem solved.”

“Great then.”

Jaejin managed to change the subject and got her thoughts distracted and they returned to the silence they were in and just felt each other. She looked down and stared at his chest instead. She suddenly felt the urge of feeling his heart beat like how she did just a while ago in the garden.

“Seol,” He called for her and she looked at him. Her lips were suddenly captured into a soft innocent kiss which made her blush instantly, her heart skipping a beat or two. “Sorry, did I take you by surprise?”

She shook her head. “No.” She smiled shyly. “I’m just really happy.” She admitted, avoiding his gaze.

“Then can I do it over and over again and longer this time?” Jaejin asked seriously and she was taken aback with his request, unsure how to answer to it.

xx--xx

WAZAP GUYS.. stroy is slow i know.. xD sorry about that but you'll und-erstand why soon.. xD and rachel will rip my head off SOON xD and if there are a lot of mistakes, im sorry again xD and idk when i will be able to update the other fic bc so many work to do ;__; im sorry.. anyway, REPLIES! 

@babo_cy- ;___; you're too nice thanks bb ;__; <3 and yes sophia ftw! XD BAHHAHAAHHAHA XD

@iama_alicia- hi there ^^ thank you <33 omg.. ;__; <33

@ChocoBun-yes cool idk where her abilities come form tbh xD just thought of it randomly XD AND YES JAEJIN IS HENTAAAIIII XDD

@rachelxzoe- yes ikr ikr xD their abilities are sugoi!! \(^w^)/ xDD omg you will really kill me omfg i can feel it..... ><