Chapter 22

Fragments

 

Those unstable feelings, those heartwarming, mind bothering events, never had it occur to her that she would be feeling all of those right now. She just watched those humans go crazy about it; love. It was such a big word for her, until HE came. She lost her memories but her heart seemed to suddenly manage to get a mind of its own and react on its own way every time she laid her eyes on him. It was just recently when she managed to take over again to those feelings and stay away from the pain that was so foreign to her. She managed to gain control and find refuge on someone else. How long can she last? She didn’t have an answer.

It wasn’t like her usual morning wherein the sunlight would wake her up. This time, she woke up because she was uneasy. She didn’t even know how she got to her room when the last time she remembered was that she was listening to Seunghyun playing the guitar. It was a pleasant thought. She shuffled around her bed and turned around to the other side.  What she saw on the pillow made her thoughts falter; it was a blue rose.

Unlike the time she first saw a blue rose, right now she was just so confused. She stared at it for a couple of more seconds before reaching out slowly for it. She looked at the soft petals of the blue rose with complete uneasiness and that was when a card came to her view. Attached to its stem by a blue ribbon was a small white card. She didn’t know what to expect to be written on it as she slowly lifted the card open.

Under the stars I confessed my feelings, under the same sky our love was spoken. Even if you don’t remember about us; I’ll remind you every day, over and over again, I love you.

When she read those words, her heart was shaken. She let go of the flower and let it fall on her bed as she curled up, hugging her knees, her head tucked under it. She let the feelings sink, let her heart throb and waited for it to calm down. She didn’t want to go out and see him feeling this way. Her feelings were overflowing but her mind was fighting all of it. Slowly, she lifted her head and gazed back at the flower. For a while, she had a staring game with it before finally getting enough courage and kept it in a box.

“I must live in the present.” She said to herself before going out of the room.

xx—xx

“For today’s lesson,” Jezebel held out a rabbit and placed it on the table to show it to Seol who was rather uninterested with her.

Seol looked blankly at the rabbit and didn’t bother to even look at Jezebel. The furry white creature then hopped its way towards Seol. She was about to reach for the creature when suddenly, blood started gushing out of its neck. Seol stared in horror as the rabbit’s body shook from the sudden pain it was experiencing. She instantly shot a glare at Jezebel who was watching the tiny creature bleed to death.

“What are you thinking?!” Seol screamed and reached out for the rabbit, placing her hands over the wound. She tried recalling the basics of healing she studied from before and desperately tried healing the rabbit. “Please live. Please.” She repeated the words as if chanting while pouring a constant gentle energy to the rabbit.

“You have to hurry up. It’s going to die soon.” Jezebel said coldly as she watched Seol healed the rabbit in panic.

After a few more seconds of healing, the rabbit’s wound closed, the bleeding stopped, as if the wound didn’t exist at all. The only mark that the rabbit was wounded was its blood stained fur. Seol took it into her arms and petted it, relieved that she was able to save the dear life of an innocent creature.

“Good thing I saved you on time or the bunnies in your tummy would’ve died too.” Seol talked to the rabbit and it sort of snuggled onto her as if saying thank you and Seol just giggled.

“Good job. Next would be—“

“If you dare hurt another innocent creature for our lessons, I will make sure the next time who will be needing healing would be you.” Seol cut her off and started walking away with the rabbit in her arms.

“Aren’t you too soft for a demon?” She mocked her and Seol stopped abruptly.

“How about you? Aren’t you too stupid for a demon of status?” Seol then looked at her. “No wonder your family was demoted. PITY.” She then turned around and continued walking. “I’ll be back.” She said before closing the door, leaving an angered Jezebel.

“Rejoice for now. It won’t be long before your last days anyway.” Jezebel chuckled to herself insanely.

xx—xx

“Why do you have a killing aura when you ended with your medical lessons? You’re saving lives not killing.” Sophia asked Seol while they were in the middle of breaking spaces.

“That girl almost killed an innocent rabbit just so for the sake of lessons.” Seol said angrily and she managed to break through the first space that was given to her. Not just a tiny hole was made, she shattered the entire force that was dividing the space from the physical world and Sophia was impressed by it.

“But we do that back in the demon world. I mean, we use those sick creatures for practice.” Sophia explained as she opened another space for Seol to break.

“I don’t know. I just don’t like the sight of the fluffy bunny hopping and then suddenly bathing in its own blood all at once.” She then tried breaking the second space. “I don’t even see a slightest thing good about her.” She found herself mumbling those words when she got too concentrated with breaking the space. Her arm was half-way raised, hands feeling the space as she tried to find its weak point.

“I see someone is jealous. Oh and be careful that you might break the whole space if you’re not careful.” Sophia friend but Seol ignored her and focused on breaking the space instead. Sophia then took this chance and replaced the space with another space that was specially prepared for today.

Seol felt that the space’s energy was different from before. She wondered for a few seconds because she found the weakness easily. She didn’t suspect anything and just broke the space, pouring all her anxiety in it.

When the space broke, Seol was caught in awe of the inside of the space. It was a small study room. A fire place, shelves filled with books and two soft couches facing each other divided by a center table. But what really caught her attention was the bouquet of blue rose on the table. She found herself stuck at the entrance of the space, unsure whether she should go in or not. She knew in that instance that those roses were containing pieces of her past with him. She stood there frozen; looking from afar her heart’s missing pieces.

“Sophia next space please.” She said but before she could even turn around, she was already inside of the space and it was reconstructed.

“Next lesson would be, try getting out that space, IF you can.” Sophia’s voice was heard over the tiny room and Seol could also hear the faint giggle from Sophia.  “There’s another way of getting out of there too.” Sophia offered her and she knew that the blue roses had a role in it. “Read the notes attached to the roses and after you’ve read them all, you’ll be sent back here.” Sophia watched over Seol with her crystal ball and she can clearly see her staring at the blue rose, standing a few feet away from it.

Seol then immediately looked for the space’s weakness again. But Sophia was strengthening it with every second that passed and she can easily patch up any breaks that Seol could make. They were like playing a game of chess, Sophia predicting Seol’s every possible move since her knowledge was sill limited and getting her cornered in the end.

“Check mate.” Sophia said to her, knowing that Seol ran out of ideas already.

Seol gave up in frustration. She knew she was going to lose in the first place but she knew it was still worth a try. She then sat on one of the couches and brought her knees up to her chin and stared at the flowers, a feeling of uncertainty washing her again.

“Why are you so stubborn? Just read it.” Sophia said to her but she shook her head in reply. “Why? You know in your heart you love Jaejin. Why do you think you feel and acted that way even without your memories? It’s because obviously you love him. Why are you holding back?”

No response.

Sophia was left hanging with her question as Seol continued staring at the flowers that were holding a few pieces of her fragments. She stayed inside the space for almost an hour, stubbornly rejecting the urge to read the notes.

After a few more minutes, a crash was heard in the space. Seol then looked who managed to break in the space.

“Seol,” It was like a ray of sunlight for Seol when she saw him coming for her.

“Seunghyun,” She smiled to him and he walked up to her.

“Let’s get out before she closes the space again.”

Seunghyun then dragged her but she saw Seol’s gaze looking at the bouquet. Without thinking any further, Seunghyun went back for it and grabbed the flowers before she and Seol escaped from Sophia’s space. Seol stared at Seunghyun, who was confused by his actions.

“But why—“

“These are parts of you. Parts of a past you’re running away from. But that doesn’t mean there will never come a time that you wouldn’t want to look back at these. You can keep it for now and just look at them when you’re ready, okay?” Seunghyun smiled gently to her and she felt her worries getting washed away with every word he said. She nodded to him and gave out a faint smile. “But right now, since I don’t have memories like these with you and that hyung obviously declared a war, I will start making memories with you today.”

The space they were in instantly changed. There was a stage and a single seat and table on the audience side. The place was that like of those small well kept bars in the human world, however, it was for a one person audience only.  Seunghyun guided Seol to the seat and gave her the bouquet as if it was part of his show. He then walked up the stage, grabbed an acoustic guitar and fixed his self on his seat.

“YoungHwa ChuhRum MutJil Su EeSseulKa”

Seunghyun began singing their own song, First Kiss, which Seol knew very well.  She couldn’t help but be moved with the song that always makes her heart skip a beat and right now it was being played only for her. Seunghyun’s voice, though not as powerful as Hongki’s, it was gentle and soothing and she knew she could listen to him over and over again. She was reminded the first time they first shared a kiss, they were both surprised but she was comfortable with it.

“KiSeu Nuh HaGoMan HalKae”

The song came to an end and all Seol could do was stare at Seunghyun’s shy face as he smiled awkwardly from the stage, bringing his hands to his nose as if to cover his shyness away. Seol clapped softly for him and this made him blush more and he tried laughing the nervousness away.

“Did you like it?” He asked shyly and Seol nodded eagerly and smiled at him widely.

“I like it very much.” She answered him honestly.

He then walked down from the stage and approached her. She waited for him to come up to him. When he was close enough, she looked back at the flowers and thought very well of the next words to say. Her thoughts were filled with complexity as it was being stormed by feelings for the person with her right now and for the person she was trying so hard to deny. Finally, she was able to contemplate her feelings and found the words to say.

“To be honest, I didn’t look at these because of you.” She admitted and a stabbing pain was felt by her heart at that instant. She held her chest and looked down. Seunghyun took her into an embrace and she hugged back. “I’m so scared to hurt you.”

The smiles from earlier performance were replaced by eary hearts as tears started falling from both of them. They both knew that they were up something inevitable. Seunghyun knew very well how strong Jaejin and Seol’s feelings were for each other and yet here he was holding on to this little hope that shined upon him.

“It’s worth a try right? You’re worth every pain anyway. I’ve got nothing to lose.” Seunghyun tried sounding positive about it and just held tighter on Seol. “With you here in my arms right now, how can I possibly just give you up? I never thought this could even be possible.” He let out a soft breathe before releasing her.

Slowly, he closed the gap between their faces; both were smeared by tears that were still rolling down from their eyes. His lips touched hers gently and he let it stay there for a while, their hearts racing, unsure how their story could really end.

xx--xx

EEEHHHH.. XDD confused more than ever../creys bc hyunnie ;__; have you seen the play concert where hyunnie is playing and singing first kiss?? KJASDJKAHSDK PERFECT I CREY ;__; sorry jinnie, but this round goes to seunghyun ><

@babo_cy-will probably end around 35 or 34 xD :)) and as for your wall post bb..i'll try to update when im not so busy.. ;__; im sorry to leave you hanging for too long..but i'll try my best ok.. :* <3

@jaceBlue- OMG REALLY? ;__; omg thank you <33 and i hope i didnt get you disappointed with this chapter >< omg..a round goes to hyunnie xD

@ilovejinnie-yes please xD omg thank you :)) hahahahaha and for this chapter.. seughyun one point ><

@rachelxzoe- I'LL GIVE HIM TO YOU

@mushumonster666- OMG I KNOW RIGHT I AGREE WITH YOU XD :)) <33

@Lady_Donna_- OMG REALLY? OMG... ;__; THANK YOU.. thank you o=so much..i hope i dont disappoint you though ><

GUYS SERIOUSLY THANK YOU FOR ALL THE LOVE THOUGHTS ^^ ;__;