Chapter 27

Fragments

 

The lovers took their time together, even spent the night sharing the same bed just enjoying the feeling of each other’s warmth and not getting the heat take over them YET. When the morning light greeted Jaejin’s room, he was greeted by the sight of love in his arms. She was all over him, as if afraid that he would go somewhere else. Instantly, a smile formed on his lips. It was so wide as if his face wasn’t even giving enough space to show how much happy he was. He continued staring at her until her eyes fluttered open and smiled upon seeing him as well. She closed her eyes again and snuggled on Jaejin.

“Good morning.” Jaejin greeted her and she looked back at him with one eye opened.

“Since when did demons have mornings?” She replied sleepily.

He giggled and kissed her forehead, pulling her back in his arms. “Breakfast?” He asked gently as they continued snuggling on each other.

She nodded but she wasn’t moving an inch and stayed glued to Jaejin. He chuckled and waited for her to move instead, neither wanted to spoil the moment. A few moments later, she shuffled and sat up, Jaejin instantly followed, as if they were magnets, when one moves the other does as well.

When they arrived, they saw almost everyone else was there already, Seol and Jaejin stopped upon seeing Seunghyun. “Good morning Seol, good morning hyung!” The boy greeted them cheerfully like he always does back then, trying his very best to look okay in front of them.

The couple gave out a soft relieved smile, not because he was out of their way, but because the boy was doing his best for them despite of his true feelings. “Good morning.” They both replied and sat on their places.

“Glad to see everything is back to normal.” Jonghun remarked and Seol gave him a wide thankful smile and nodded. “Let’s just hope this peace lasts a little longer.”

xx—xx

As if some sick sorcery, someone heard the prince’s wish on making the peace last a little longer. She saw in a not so far distance the smiling faces of a reconciled love that was like not even broken for a moment. She was filled with nothing but anguish, jealousy and pain. Why? Why it can’t be her, she thought over and over again.

With mind a blank filled of hellish thoughts, her actions led her to her room and a stoned expression was on her face as she got the crystal ball she used before and waited for the same figure to come out of it.

“Kill..” She muttered softly. “Kill.. Kill..” Her mutters turned into chants and then the figure finally showed up, half-surprised by the dreadful image he was seeing on his side of crystal ball. He had not seen that killing aura of hers for a while and he got an idea what triggered this unimaginable hatred coming from.

“Now I see where the urgency of the call was coming from.” He began saying and Jezebel continued mumbling the word kill over and over again. “And look what they did to my favorite doll, mumbling such word over and over again.” He sounded amused actually. After trying for years to get rid of the trail the prince had got on them, they finally found the perfect chance to strike, the return of the keeper.

He leaned back on his chair and crossed his legs, bringing his hands together on his lap and contemplated for a few seconds as he watched her insane figure chanting for a death wish.

“You’ll get what you want my lovely doll, we’ll get what we want.”

xx—xx

The noble demons were at the waiting room, preparing for a TV show. Hongki was noisy as usual as he talked with the prince about something and Minhwan was laughing with them as his hyungs converse about it, while the other two was left in an awkward silence. It wasn’t long before they noticed that they were actually staring at each other, as if waiting for the other to speak up. Jaejin just gave an awkward slight smile to Seunghyun and he smiled softly in return and they looked back at the three who were still caught up in their own conversation.

Jonghun however, noticed the awkwardness between the two’s silence so he singalled Hongki and Minhwan to look at the two who were now avoiding each other’s stares. “Minhwan, Hongki, I’m hungry. Why don’t we go look for manager and ask for food.” He said to them and they nodded while Seunghyun and Jaejin were left in the room before they noticed it.

There was a dead silence between them, both were feeling each other if one should start speaking or not. Thoughts were racing, hearts were worried.

“Hyung—“ “Seung—“

They both called each other at the same time and they both giggled and looked back at each other and waited for the other to speak up first but neither did and so Seunghyun snorted and Jaejin laughed because of the awkwardness they were obviously in.

“Yesterday, we were fighting and today we are giggling at each other’s awkwardness,” Jaejin began saying and then he looked at Seunghyun who was now looking at him, waiting for him to continue. “As if yesterday didn’t happen at all.”

There was a pause. Seunghyun looked away. Breathed in and leaned back in his chair, thinking how to put into words what he was about to say. Jaejin patiently waited for his friend to speak up, knowing very well that Seunghyun, despite the sadness he had with him, he would always smile so brightly that will conseal his feelings and that smile can outshine others, even him.

“To be honest, I don’t want to think that yesterday didn’t happen.” Seunghyun said with all honesty and Jaejin was half-surprised with his reply but he stayed quiet for the next things he was about to say. “It hurts hyung. It hurts a damn hell lot. It hurts a million times more than before but I don’t regret any of this.” He let out a breath and leaned over as he tried to wipe away the tears forming in his eyes. “For me, it was a dream came true.” Seunghyun looked at Jaejin and gave him a soft smile. Jaejin then wrapped his arm around Seunghyun’s shoulder and patted him. “I hope you don’t mind me keeping these memories.” Jaejin just nodded and let his friend’s tears fall.

That was all he can do. That was all he can give; those memories. That was all he can do to console his broken heart.

“I promise you, I’ll take care of her.” Jaejin reassured him.

“You better.” Seunghyun snorted and sniffed his cries back in. “It’s a good thing she’s in love with you.” Jaejin tilted his head by what Seunghyun meant and he got a chuckle. “Because I know you will love her forever.” Seunghyun let out yet again, a soft painful smile and all Jaejin could do was give a sympathetic smile in return.

xx—xx

It was just a few hours that they were apart, she was rather uneasy the whole time he was doing his human work while she was left waiting anxiously for his come back. She just missed him so badly.

It was the same feeling she had when she first heard their songs, the same feeling that made her heart ache everytime he hears his voice singing those sad songs. It was the same feeling she had while looking at her screen and wondering if she would ever get to hold him, only this time, everything made sense, everything was clear, everything was more intense. She was just so lonely without him in those five years that they were apart.

As soon as she felt his presence, she rose from her seat, hurriedly removed the earphones plugged in her ears and rushed to him. She slowed down when she was near them and pretended to be just passing by so she wouldn’t be that obvious but when she came to see them, they were all grinning at her from ear to ear already.

“You’re good at hiding your presence but you cannot hide it well enough to me.” Seunghyun began teasing.

“You owe me lunch Hongki. Told you, it was Seol rushing towards our direction.” Jonghun reminded Hongki and he just grunted and gave up.

“Fine fine, now why won’t we leave these two alone before they start eating each other up in front of us.”

“What was that suppose to mean?”

But even before Seol could protest more, the rest were already walking away, leaving her and Jaejin alone. Jaejin on the other hand was still smiling so big and Seol couldn’t help but blush for getting caught. She then slowly walked up to Jaejin, looking at the floor and he just watched her figure slowly retreat in his arms and they stayed like that for a few seconds.

“Missed me?” He whispered and she nodded, earning a grin again from him. He squished her body for a bit and relaxed on her hold as he breath in her scent and let it cloud his mind. “I was lonely without you too.” He let out a soft whisper and she looked at his face and she was greeted with a soft gentle stare from him.

“What took you so long? Shouldn’t you be home an hour ago?” Seol pouted and he let out a giggle.

“We got caught in traffic and—“

“I won’t buy that excuse. You could’ve teleported to here from there.”

“True. But fans caught sight of us and it would be bad if we just disappeared out of sight right?” She furrowed her eyebrows and examined Jaejin’s face if he was telling the truth and all he could do was again, chuckle. He missed her jealousy, he missed her possessiveness, and he missed everything about her. “Don’t you believe me?”

She pouted and thought of what to reply. She was about to bring up the fact that he slept with someone else but then again, she didn’t want to ruin the moment and she knew that Jaejin already learned his mistakes very well.  She just kissed him swiftly on the lips and looked at his eyes sternly. “You’re mine, understood?”

“But of course.”

He then leaned in and gave her a longer kiss, which she responded happily.

“EHEM!” Adriel faked a cough and both of them stopped from making out and looked at the demon who disturbed their very busy activity. “Mind getting a room?” Adriel pointed to the corridor, leading to one of their rooms and Jaejin smirked from what she said.

“Now that you said it, it has been too long.” He then grabbed her by the waist and dragged her with him towards his room. “Thanks Adriel.” He said slyly and Seol was caught in shock, knowing very well of what would happen next.

Jaejin instantly locked the room when they were both inside and Seol was standing frozen in place as he slowly approached her like a preditor preparing to eat its prey.

“Isn’t it too early though?” She backed away a few steps as he slowly came towards her.

“We waited for too long, don’t you think so?” He said playfully as she took the final steps and finally falling down on bed with him.

“..”She said shyly as he hovered over her.

He just smirked and began kissing her again, letting their feelings take over and love wash over their bodies. Before even Jaejin could remove anything from Seol, the door opened violently, making the couple jump away from each other.

“What the—“

“Quick! Take Seol and run away! NOW!”

Jonghun didn’t give Jaejin any chance to complain. Before Jaejin and Seol could catch up with the situation, there were demons outside the bedroom door and Jonghun was firing spells at them.

“HOW THE HELL DID THEY GET IN?!” Jaejin screamed, trying to help Jonghun fire away while protecting Seol.

“I don’t know either! Just leave! Now! We’ll take it from here.”

Jaejin took Seol’s hand firmly as the prince held out the demons on the door. Jaejin quickly casted a teleportation spell, taking them somewhere far from the place.

“Take care hyung!” Jaejin shouted before going inside the hole he made.

“Please be safe.” Seol pleaded as she and Jaejin ran away from the scene and the rest of the nobles were busy taking down the enemies.

xx--xx

i was late again with the update >< i was actualy hoping tha aff will be returning my chapter 26 and yeah >< and i couldn't reply to your comments bc all is lost :( im sorry im late im sorry i couldn't reply to your comments bc they are all gone :(

thanks everyone for waiting patiently..see you :)