Chapter 32

Fragments

 

“What?!” They all screamed in panic.

“How? What do you mean? Don’t you have an alarm or something to monitor who passes by?” Sophia asked while Jaejin and the others searched the whole house.

“I do but not for humans. I mean if I do, I wouldn’t be able to sleep since we are in the human world and the alarm would break off every now and then. But I do remember feeling that someone was getting out of the dorm last night. And when you asked where Seol is, I made a quick scan in the entire area but she’s not here.” Seunghyun explained.

“She’s not anywhere.” Minhwan informed them. He just got a signal from his familiars that searched the whole dorm but didn’t find her.

“Like I said she’s not in this building. I’ll look for her.” Seunghyun said in frustration.

“Are you sure she ran away and not kidnapped?” Adriel asked.

“Yes I’m sure. What do you take my security systems for, human burglar alarm systems? I am offended.” Seunghyun was about to run outside when he remembered again something. “OH .” He said out loud again.

“What now?” Sophia said irritatingly.

“Last night, Bast and Diriel went out as well.” Seunghyun said wide-eyed, trying his best to remember the alarm log last night. “We might be too late. Where’s Jaejin-hyung?” Seunghyun said in panic as he tried to trace Bast, Diriel and Seol’s presence. He was emitting some serious amount aura.

“By the looks of the aura you are releasing, Seol is far away already.” Adriel muttered and every a certain time, Seunghyun would be increasing his energy.

“This doesn’t look good. I’ll go find Jaejin-hyung.” Minhwan dashed out as soon as Adriel nodded and watched Seunghyun do what he was good at.

After a few more minutes, Jaejin and Minhwan got back, no signs of exhaustion from the quick travel they had done. Seunghyun and the others were however, sitting on the couch, filled with contemplating faces. Jaejin knew at once that there was no good news waiting for him.

“Did you find her?” He asked nonetheless, already prepared his self for the worst.

“It’s either Bast and Diriel were able to find a way to overcome my tracking spell, which is very unlikely or Seol has moved out of the country.” Seunghyun concluded and the others were thinking as well.

“The first one is very unlikely to happen so I am supposing theory number two sounds more legit.” Sophia interjected. “Can you not track her even when she’s out of Korea?”

“I tried doing that you know. But let’s face it. I am great but my tracking spell has limits too, the farther the spell coverage, the weaker the signal is. So it is possible that the two theories are true. They can be far away already and at the same time, they are able to block my tracking spell because it is weaker to wherever they are.” Seunghyun deduced and all possibilities were now running in his head. He likes the thrill of figuring out where the target is but this is not the thrill he is looking for. He gave out a sigh of defeat.

“Where could’ve they gone?” Hongki asked out loud and everyone was just as lost as well.

Jaejin was however in disbelief again. Just how many times was he going to lose her? How many times was he going to keep on finding her until they are finally settled down? How many times does she have to forget about him? It has become a tiring game and he could feel that it was taking a toll on him.

In the end, the only thought they had in their minds was, “Where is Seol?”

xx—xx

“So this is the place?” Seol said as she looked around another unfamiliar place.

“Yes my lady.” Bast replied as they settled their things in the living room. “If it’s not much of a bother to you my lady, but we would like to ask you to stay here for the mean time as we prepare your room.”

“I don’t mind. It’s my fault anyway. I was the one who asked you to rush out here in the middle of the night.”

“Are you sure about this my lady?” Diriel couldn’t help but asked and Seol just gave her a soft smile.

“Are you regretting coming with me? After all I can’t blame you. You’ll see me die before your eyes.”

“Please don’t say that milady. Where you go, we will go.”

“Thank you.” She whispered. Diriel and Bast bowed and retreated in silence.

Seol looked around the house and tried her best remembering anything but found none. It was frustrating. There were pictures of her and Adriel but there were no recollections of any of those events even if those were made just to pretend that she was human.

“Well, I am a human now.” She whispered to herself. “Not that I remember being human or demon anyway.” She gave up with thinking and just laid down on the sofa and thought of the demons she left behind in Korea until she fell asleep.

 

 

The next time she opened her eyes, she was inside yet another unfamiliar room. “I’m getting this quite often.” She thought to herself. She rubbed her eyes and went out of the room to look for Diriel and Bast who were busy doing chores.

“How was your nap my lady?” Bast greeted her cheerfully and she stared at them blankly.

“Good but.. Whose room was that?”

“Yours my lady, when you were pretending to be human.”

xx—xx

“You’re still up.” Seunghyun noticed a figure sitting on the couch when he went out to get water in the middle of the night.

“It’s normal for demons to be up this hour, might I remind you.” Jaejin answered defensively. “And why are you still up also?”

“Same reason as you.” Seunghyun paused and sat down next to his hyung instead. “I’m thinking of her.” He said frankly and Jaejin didn’t know how to take it but he did not mind it. It was the least of his concerns right now.

“Where could have she gone to? If you don’t have memories and the only source of information of your past relies solely on other people, where would you go?” Jaejin turned to Seunghyun hoping he would get something sensible from his usually senseless dongsaeng.

“Well, I could start anew in a faraway place that has got nothing to do with me or I could go back to familiar places other people told me I’ve been to.”

Then there was a pause. The two boys looked at each other as if to say they had figured it out. The two remained unmoving for a few seconds and nodded to each other. They both ran out and woke up everyone else.

“We know where Seol is!” They shouted.

xx—xx

Once everyone found out about her whereabouts, they all traveled thousands of kilometers to get to her. Everyone was certain they were doing the right thing… except for one. And that one was the last person who should doubt at that moment but he refused to speak about it. He kept all the uncertainties to himself. He kept his silence hoping it would remain unheard, but then again, she knew him the most with or without those memories.

 

 “Let’s go back Seol.” Jonghun persuaded. But she refused to stand up and held tight to the tree that was next to her.

Why was she holding onto to a tree? When the demons found out that Seol went back to her home in Japan they all “ambushed” the house and ran after her. Diriel and Bast tried to outrun the elite demons but was soon defeated because of the gap of powers.

So now, there she was, holding on to the tree.

“I don’t have anywhere to go back to.” She replied stubbornly.

“Don’t be ridiculous.” Hongki was starting to get annoyed so he butted in as well but Sophia smacked his head and hissed at him.

“She’s in a sensitive state right now.” She whispered to Hongki, making sure Seol wouldn’t hear and this stopped Hongki from meddling any further.

“You have a place to go back to Seol and that is with us and besides you have your fiancé right here with you. You two will build a home, isn’t that right Jaejin?” Sophia then looked at Jaejin and Seol looked warily at him as well.

He, who was starting to doubt, who was hoping it would not be obvious, just gave his self away with his silence. Jaejin was not speaking the entire time and when Sophia asked him, he was unsure of what to reply.

Seol noticed this uncertainty as he became hopeless on bringing back her memories. She did not know how or why but all of a sudden, she felt that he was giving up on her. And that was when she could not take it anymore. She looked away and wiped her tears before finally speaking up.

“See. For all of you, I am just someone who has the name Seol and has the same face as Seol but I do not act like her at all. I’m no demon. I’m just an ordinary human. You could not even take that fact.” That’s when she finally cried her bitter tears. The others who were persuading them were somehow in their own ways were guilty of this fact.

“So how am I supposed to believe I have a place with you?” She continued crying and everyone just fell out of energy to persuade her. “I am human. The Seol you know is not here anymore. I am as good as a stranger, bearing the same name and face of your friend and LOVER.” She looked at Jaejin when she said the last word.

He looked away.

No one dared to talk. Everyone was waiting for a good reply but the silence just lingered on and all they could hear was Seol’s sobbing.

“Seol,” Adriel wanted to try reasoning out with Seol but she was cut off before she could say anything.

“It’s okay. You don’t have to force yourself to say anything.” She wiped her tears and faced all of them. “I have decided to stay here instead. You told me before that I lived here as a human. Now that I am human for real, I can continue my life being one. You don’t have to burden yourselves with me.” She informed all of them and this got everyone shaken up.

“You are not a burden.” Seunghyun cleared that for her.

“I may not be now but in the future I will be. Let’s face reality...” She then paused and tried looking for better words but there was just not any that could make it sound better. “All of you will live thousands of years while I will only last a few decades. You will see me die. And I don’t want to live with disappointing people because I could not be the Seol you know anymore. I will live like a completely normal human being.”

xx—xx

“Are you sure you are okay with this Jaejin?” Jonghun asked Jaejin as the entire group met up that night regarding Seol’s decision.

“If we force her to be with us she will only become unhappier. She will constantly feel the pressure of acting as the Seol we know because of us.” Jaejin reasoned.

“But we just got her back!” Adriel protested. She was in tears already so Minhwan had to hold her. Jaejin felt guilty. He did not know what to answer.

Seunghyun on the other hand was holding back so much the entire time. He didn’t fail to notice how different Jaejin was acting since they got Seol back and failed to bring her memories back. He  noticed all of those because he wanted to believe in his hyung. He wanted to believe that their love would make it through but he just couldn’t stay silent anymore.

He gathered all his courage and dared to ask what everyone was afraid to ask, “Hyung, answer us honestly. Are you giving up on Seol?” 

 

Like I said on my other fic, I am ready to be chopped into pieces.. /begs for mercy. To be hinest I feel like I'm losing touch of this story and it's turning to be crappier each and everytime I update. :( /3 I'll try to do something about my lack of inspiration. And guys, I think after this fic I won't be writing anymore. :") It has been fun while it lasted.

Replies!

@minari_j72 - i did dear ;--; i hope it was worth the wait..

@ChocoBun- oops. xD sorry about that.. xD but yeah it is indeed scary.

@rachelxzoe- :)) thanks for still reading rachel. i know it's not nice as exciting as i did this at first X| :))

@143mimoky- i hope you find it worth the time even just a little.. >< thank you though :* <3

 

See you guys soon (hopefully very soon) ILY ALL.