Chapter 18

Fragments

 

It was dark already for it was night time but it grew darker when the clouds came together. When the signal was given, a strong snow befallen on earth, making it harder for humans to see. There was an unexpected blizzard.

Unlike the humans who were running for safety, Seol remained indifferent about the cold it was bringing. She was glad that no one can notice the tears in her eyes.  She then started questioning her feelings for it all didn't make sense to her. She couldn't seem to find where it was all coming from but she let herself cry still.

Everyone except for Jezebel was looking for Seol. All of them were afraid of what could happen to her. When the blizzard was already at its course, Jonghun felt there was something wrong with it. He examined for a while and his eyes shot wide open when he realized its real cause. "It's the enemies and this blizzard is keeping us from finding Seol!  FIND HER FAST!" He called all of them and searched even harder for where she could've been.

Jaejin couldn't stop blaming his self. His thoughts were filled with nothing but regret and all he wanted to do right now was to find Seol. He wouldn't forgive his self if anything happens to her. He then shakily casted a tracking spell, hoping that it could be enough to find her.

Seunghyun panicked even more when he got Jonghun's call. Even he, the hunter demon and the number one in tracking was already having a hard time looking for Seol. He suspected it wasn't going to be easy, knowing Seol's skills and that she mastered hiding her presence already but he was nowhere near giving up. He took a deep breath, "Show me where Seol is." He whispered to his self as the blizzard whirled around him. When he let those words out, he was searching for his brain like a maze wherein he could tell every creature's where abouts in town. He searched hurriedly for every corner and in the middle of the process he stumbled an irregularity; it was a space. When he detected the space, he hurriedly ran to it and saw 6 level 4 demons ganging up on something. He released a tracking spell much stronger and he found out it was Seol.

Seol was wandering aimlessly in town. She subconsciously casted a teleportation spell and then she found herself lost. Suddenly a blizzard came and the next thing she knew she found herself in a space surrounded by demons. At that moment, she knew what she had learned so far would be put into test and it was a matter of life or death for her.

The enemies didn't give her any chance to run and immediately a fire spell was casted upon her, ready to extinguish her to ashes but she managed to make a barrier, but on her right came a lightning and hit her, making her insides even shake. She fell to the ground, her body hitting the cold pavement and even before she could even get back on her feet, another lightning spell was making its way fast to her direction.

It wasn't long before all of them felt Seol's presence finally. It was triggered when she casted that barrier. All of them made a run towards her direction.

"Seol!" A voice came right in time and made the demon that casted lightning fly and it hit his body violently on the ground.

"Seunghyun." Seol called for him softly and before could even Seol stand up, Seunghyun already grabbed her by the waist and secured her in his arms as he single handedly fought all the demons.

Seol's head was spinning; she was feeling rather light headed as she watched Seunghyun. Suddenly, Seunghyun closed her eyes with his hand. "Close your eyes. This will get ugly and I don't want you to see it." She nodded as Seunghyun secured her in one corner. It was just a matter of seconds when all of them turned into ashes, they didn't know that they were all caught in an enchantment Seunghyun managed to put while they were exchanging blows. The demons slowly rotted; their skin started to boil and Seunghyun just stared at them coldly and they heard their screams next, crying because of the pain. First, their skins melted then the flesh, the bones, killing them until they turned into a puddle of mushed up guts.

He slowly walked up to her. Her eyes were still closed and tears were still falling from her cheeks. She was trembling. He slowly cupped her cheeks and wiped her tears with his thumb and took her into an embrace. "It's okay now. I won't let them hurt you." He said those words to calm her down but she cried even more. "Are you crying because you were scared or are you crying because hyung hurt you?" She didn't respond and instead, she continued crying and hugged tighter.  He just let her be and thought of ways he could at least make the pain in her heart lighter. "We could stay somewhere else tonight if you want." Seunghyun offered her comfort and she nodded to agree.

They were still in each other's arms when the others came. Seunghyun had no intentions to let Jaejin see Seol's broken reaction. He turned his back to them to make sure he was covering Seol and let her cry in his arms. "We won't be going home tonight." He informed them and as if darkness that faded in the light, they were gone.

"They'll be staying in Seunghyun's space." Minhwan thought out loud and they all looked at Jaejin who was feeling very miserable.

Jaejin was dumb-founded, pain filled expression was written all over his face. She almost got killed because of him, she was hurt because of him, she was crying because of him and most of all he watched her get taken away by another demon.

xx--xx

When they got back to the dorm, Adriel was raging at Jaejin. "What in the hell happened?"

"Isn't it pretty obvious." Hongki said simply.

Jaejin was still in shock by all that happened, he wasn't talking and just taking in the blame right now, punishing his self.

"How did Seol find out?" Jonghun asked Jaejin gently but he just stared at him with tear filled eyes and all the prince could do was pat his back and not push him any further. "Let's give it a rest. It's been a long day." He said to them but Adriel was still glaring at Jaejin.

"Adriel, whatever happened, I'm sure hyung didn't mean it." Minhwan defended Jaejin.

"I just want to know what happened." She stubbornly said.

"She saw Jezebel holding my face and she got suspicious. She asked who Jezebel is to me and I told her the truth." Jaejin answered rather feeling impatient so he continued mumbling, leaving no space for them to ask. Tears then started to fall from his eyes and wiped them away quickly. "I love Seol so much. I didn't mean it to be this way. I was just so lonely without her and I know it was a stupid thing to do and I'm regretting it all now." His words were starting to get incoherent for he was starting to mumble.

Adriel took pity on him for he knew how much he was lonely without Seol and how much sacrifice he made. She kneeled in front of him and took his hands to comfort him. "Let's just hope she'll hear you out and trust you still or better, her memories will be back so she'll understand why you did that and know how much she means to you."

Jaejin nodded slowly as he continued crying softly, all shame to be seen in tears were gone as of now.ot

xx--xx

It wasn't that big but it was a spacious studio type room with a fire place in it. Adjacent to the fire place were couches and then next to it was a king sized bed. At the foot of the bed, if you walk a few steps, it's the bathroom already. When you enter the bathroom you can find a closet at the other end and to the right is a mirror. The left side of the bathroom is a big tub. At the opposite side of the bathroom door was a small kitchen. There was no dining area and the only table that could be found was the one in the middle of the couches. Seol observed the space. It was pretty simple not very detailed like Sophia's.

 "Don't worry, it may look very simple but this is actually a strong space. Even Sophia or Jaejin will take some time before they can break through this." Seunghyun boasted. After all, it took him years before he managed to make a space this strong. A hunter needs its hide out and it must be safe as well.

Seol just smiled at him softly and took the sit infront of the fire place and she watched the fire flicker and dance around.

"Is there anything you want to eat? I'm going out for a while to buy something."

"No it's okay. I'm not hungry."

"Okay. I'll be back in a while. You can take the bed if you're sleepy." Seunghyun then raised his hood and was about to leave when Seol tugged his shirt.

"Can I come with you?"

"This place is pretty safe. This is my space and the strongest one. Nothing can harm you here."

"I know but I want to come with you instead. I don't want to be alone right now." She admitted and he understood immediately. He then took her hand with him and snapped their way out of the space.

They went to the nearest convenience store and Seunghyun was dragging her while he grabbed some ramen and put it in the counter. When Seol thought he was done, he dragged her again to get some more ramen.

"You're going to eat all these ramen?" Seol asked as she stared the amount of preservatives she was seeing.

"This is the easiest to eat and I'm really hungry. If you want anything just go get it."

"Aren't you broke though?"

"Huh? Who's broke? Oh -- I see that issue." He smiled at her, amused by the fact she took details of them when she was still a fan girl. "It's just that since we're a family of hunters, they think that we can survive on our own even without their help. So I’m not broke." Seunghyun cleared the issue with her and she nodded in understanding.

The entire time they were buying food, Seunghyun didn't let go of her hand and she noticed that when they were paying already. She tried letting go but Seunghyun wouldn't let go of her hand and got troubled by it.

"You'll get in trouble if someone sees us like this." She said worriedly as she looked left and right to see if there were any people but there was none but just the two of them. Seunghyun didn't respond and paid for the food instead.

When they got back to the space that was the only time Seunghyun let go of her. She was puzzled by his actions but wasn't sure if she should ask but all she knew was that she was comfortable around him. His smiles were enough to make her smile as well.

She watched him as he moved around the kitchen and cook the ramen. The entire time Seunghyun was quiet and Seol was just watching him. When the ramen was done, the two of them eat and again, they shared not only the food but also the silence.

"You can rest if you want, there's the bed." Seunghyun said to her finally as he started washing the dishes.

"Let me help you with those." She then went next to him and rinsed the dishes that were soaped by him.

"I can manage." Seunghyun protested by Seol still helped him and he just gave up and let her be.

There was silence again and both of them were staring blankly as they washed the dishes. When they were done Seol turned to Seunghyun and she noticed the way Seunghyun looked in the air. "Are you okay?"

"Huh? Hmmm.." He just answered and then he went to the couches where he laid his back to relax after a long tiring day. She followed him and sat to the nearest couch beside him.

"Do you want to talk about it?" She insisted and Seunghyun noticed what was happening.

"I'm okay. I'm sorry. I'm just tired." It wasn't the full truth but it was half of it. In reality he was thinking about Jaejin right now. He was thinking if he should hear his hyung's side but then again, the thought of Seol crying in her arms a while ago was stopping him. "I'm the one who should be asking if you're okay."

She avoided his gaze and remained quiet instead. Seunghyun got rather impatient for seeing Seol sad. He couldn't just stay put. He took a deep breath and decided to say his thoughts out loud. His secret was killing him. He contemplated so much on what to do if this day comes. He never thought it was possible though; to see Seol get hurt by Jaejin was something unimaginable for everyone but it was happening right now. "Do you remember the time you asked me about the girl I'm in love with?" He began talking and waited for her to look at him and when she did, he locked his stare to hers.

"Yes, why?" She responded, half-wondering why he brought it up all of a sudden.

"Well, she's unhappy right now. Do you think it's okay for me to step in now? I did promise I won't do anything to hinder their relationship but things were just too much already. I said I'll keep quiet about my feelings as long as I can see her smiling even if she's with somebody else." He continued rambling and Seol was listening intently to Seunghyun who just opened up to her. "But he made her unhappy. He made her cry. It's all right to step in now right? She even cried in my arms a while ago and my heart was breaking while watching her in that state." Seol was taken aback by what she heard. She wasn't sure if Seunghyun just confessed to her so she waited for him to continue since she was unsure of what to say as well. "You won't hate me if I fight for you now, right?" Seunghyun was looking at her with pleading eyes and she was too stunned to respond. Seunghyun didn't know what exactly could happen with his sudden confession. He knew he was taking advantage of her vulnerability at that moment but he just wanted to rescue her from the pain she was feeling, he justified to his self.

She removed her gaze from him so that she could collect her thoughts and Seunghyun waited for her reply. "I lost my memories Seunghyun. I won't lie to you because you deserve better than that. To be honest, even without those memories, I have feelings for Jaejin." His face instantly dropped when she said this but listened to her still. He already knew that fact but he couldn't help but get affected. "But I don't know where they are all coming from and everything just doesn't make sense to me." She took a deep breath and let out a soft sigh. "That's why I decided to tell Jaejin I'm setting us free from the relationship I can't even remember and that doesn't make sense." She tried saying it out loud, trying to hide the shakiness in her voice, trying to make herself believe that it was for the better. "I just want to live in the present." When she said those final words with full conviction she looked at him and Seunghyun was suddenly filled with hope.

"I'm with you with whatever decision you are to make." Seunghyun told her and she smiled at him.

xx--xx

The next day, Seol and Seunghyun went back to the dorm. Everyone went to them and Jaejin wanted to talk to Seol so much since yesterday. He wasn't even able to get any sleep. His thoughts were filled by what happened and he was thinking of ways how to make it up to her.

"Can we talk?" Seol said to Jaejin coldly and he nodded and followed her to the study. He thought it was his chance to make her understand why he did that. He was so nervous he couldn't take it anymore. When they entered the room, even before the two of them could settle down, she spoke already. "Let's make this fast." She began and Jaejin knew what she was going to say wouldn't be what he wanted.

"Let me explain Seol." He pleaded.

"Don't worry about it. It's not as if we're really in a relationship anyway." Her words pierced through his heart and so her own but she couldn't handle the pain she was feeling right now either. The thought of getting betrayed was too much for her. "I can't remember anything. I don't see any reason why we should continue it. That's all."

Jaejin tried reaching out for her but she avoided his touch, afraid that his touch might get all the courage she collected disappear. "Seol please don't leave me." Jaejin pleaded and he started tear up.

She turned around and head for the door. She didn't want to see him crying even if she decided for this. She took one last deep breath to gather one last heart breaking words she would say to him. "Let's live in the present from now on." She said to him before dashing out of the room, leaving Jaejin in a messy state of tears, pain, heart break and regret.

xx--xx

eehh.. xD i see a lot are losing interest in this one already..is it boring you guys? :( oh well, im still stuck at chapter 26 anyway will probaly end this around 30+? >< thank you to those sticking to the story and waiting patiently every 5 days.. :) <3 drop me some thought will ya? :D <3

@babo_cy- hahahahaha what do you think? :D kekekeke xD thanks for always commenting dear ;__; /sobs <33