Chapter 21

Fragments

 

Her mind was telling her she was doing the right thing but her heart wouldn’t stop bothering her ever since Hongki and Sophia’s fight. Despite the complete uneasiness her feelings were giving her, she was still able keep an upright pretense and faced him coldly during their lesson. She was stubborn enough to keep her emotions in place for now but she was unsure until when she can hold onto it.

“You have to concentrate your force on your fingertips for this one.” Jaejin said to her as he demonstrated and Seol looked at his actions with a stoned look on her face.

“You should also just take it easy on releasing the amount of energy. Take it slow at first then when it reached its finale, that’s when you shoot to full blast.” Hongki added. Most of the time, Jaejin and Hongki’s lessons were taught together ever since the incident happened.

“Now you try.” Jaejin told her and she followed him. Her thoughts were distracted but she kept a straight face and followed their instructions. She cringed a little when the force she released was too much, making it failed on the first try. “Take it easy.” Jaejin then was about to touch her arm but she instinctively moved away. Jaejin’s hand also stopped half way and he gently closed it, forming a fist before slowly letting it drop.

“I’ll do it again.” She puffed her cheeks in frustrations let out a breath before trying again. Jaejin just continued watching her as she did the spell. He couldn’t help but stare at her longingly every time they conduct their lessons and Hongki would always have to be the awkward third party to witness that. After a few more seconds, she managed to blast the tree at the other end of the field. “There,” She turned to them happily and her face immediately fell when she saw the way Jaejin looked at her.

He let out a breath and put his hands on his pocket. “Do it in a series of times just like blasting a canon and we’re done for today if you are able to do that.” He explained to her and she looked back at the tree she just blasted into bits a while ago. “Hit these six trees as fast as you can.” He then flicked his hand and six medium sized trees grew from the ground.

“As for me, my lessons are over. I’ll go first.” Hongki then left, leaving no chance for Seol to protest. She just watched him as he left the two of them alone.

When she realized it would be just the two of them for real, she swallowed hard and concentrated on the task to end the lessons quickly. She fired at the first tree successfully and there was a mere 3 second’s gap before she was able to fire the second.

“Too slow, again.” Jaejin again flicked his hand and two new trees grew and Seol fired again, slower than the first attempt this time. “Again.” Jaejin said coldly and she tried again, frustration building up inside of her and she failed again. Jaejin let out a sigh and approached Seol slowly.

“I’ll do it again so stay back.” Seol said nervously but Jaejin still continued moving forward.

“You’re too anxious that’s why you cannot get my lesson right.” Jaejin’s breath was already touching her cheeks. He was already that close and she couldn’t even force herself to move away when he locked his stare at hers. “Is my presence that heavy for you, you can’t stand me anymore?” He had this painful smile and his eyes were teary as he asked her. She didn’t respond and just looked away. He continued staring at her for a few more seconds before moving away and letting out a sigh. “Let’s stop here tonight.” He then started walking away and Seol watched him as he left her. A soft excruciating pain started throbbing in her chest. “I’ll ask Jonghun to teach you spells instead so you don’t have to worry anymore.” Jaejin said as his distance increased from her.

Seol was about to say something to stop him but instead, no words came out, only opening for a while and closing it in again, giving up with the thought. She watched him disappear and she fell to her knees, feeling exhausted all of a sudden. Do I really want this? She asked herself as she stared at the sky, tears forming in her eyes.

After a few more minutes of contemplation, she finally got the energy to stand up. She then dragged herself inside and looked for that person whom she knew can give her comfort at the moment. She knocked on his bedroom door and when she saw him, she instantly felt lighter and leaned her head on his chest.

“Let’s go inside you seem tired.” Seunghyun then pulled her inside his room, closed the door and hugged Seol. He knew something must have happened so he just lent him his arms until she wants.

“I’m sorry. I’m just really tired.” Seol then looked at Seunghyun whose arms were still wrapped around her.

He shook his head and gave her his sweetest smile. “You can stay in my arms for as long as you want.” He said to her and this made her heart flutter.

“Don’t say things easily. You don’t know what you’re signing up for.” She feeling a bit relaxed already.

“I don’t mind, as long as it’s you.” They were caught in a sweet silence when Seunghyun said those words and they stared at each other for a while.

Seunghyun’s heart was pounding, beating so fast for the girl in his arms. She was looking at him and so was he at her. He let his feelings guide him and the next time he opened his eyes, his lips were already on hers. He slowly backed away and Seol was surprised from the kiss. She didn’t see that coming. Her heart was beating fast, her eyes were glued at Seunghyun. Her emotions were all scattered at the moment, she didn’t even know which one to pick up first.

The two of them were lost for words. The other was confused while the other was filled with happiness. Seunghyun studied Seol’s reaction and he could clearly see the surprised look on her face.  He cupped her face and caressed her cheeks with his thumb. “I love you.” He whispered the words and Seol could feel her energy getting drained. Seunghyun kissed her forehead before letting Seol rest on his chest again. “You don’t have to rush. You can take your time.” He assured her and all she could do was hold him and let her confused mind wonder.

xx—xx

“Hyung, do you have a moment?” Jaejin had been looking for Jonghun ever since his lessons with Seol ended. He finally saw him in the study, reading a pile of reports from the underworld.

“Sure, what is it?” The prince looked at his friend, anticipating the next words he would say, knowing very well something must have happened again.

“If it’s not too much to ask, is it all right if you could teach Seol instead of me? I’ll help you with investigating don’t worry. I could start now.” Jaejin then grabbed the folder next to him but Jonghun stopped him and looked at him, examining him.

“Tell me the reason behind this sudden request?” Jonghun waited for his friend to speak up.

Jaejin then lowered his head and massaged his temples, thinking how to phrase things. “I just don’t want Seol to be uncomfortable.” He began saying. “She’s having a hard time getting the lessons because of me. So I thought maybe you could teach her instead?”

“Don’t tell me you’re giving up on her?” As much as Jonghun didn’t want to ask, the way Jaejin handled the issue made him conclude that way. Jaejin didn’t even respond immediately and didn’t even look at him. “Jaejin,” He called out for his friend softly, feeling the pain he was in right now.

Slowly, Jaejin looked at him and his tears were nearing to fall. “I don’t know anymore hyung. When she’s with Seunghyun, I can see her smiling face again but when she’s with me,” He paused and breathed in a lot of air, his tears fell and he wiped them away when he felt it falling. “It feels like my existence is a burden for her.” He let out the words in a mumble; tears continued escaping from his eyes.

“She’s only confused. I’m sure when she gets her memory back--”

“I don’t know hyung, I’m not confident anymore. What if she hates me more when she gets her memory back? I don’t know what to do. I’m not like Seunghyun who can watch her be happy with someone else. I’m too selfish for that.” He cut Jonghun in between and continued blabbering on and on and Jonghun just listened quietly, knowing that his friend must have been keeping it for so long. “But at the same time, I can’t stand seeing her unhappy with me.” He admitted as he wiped the tears in his face.

“DO YOU WANT TO GET HER BACK OR NOT?” A female voice suddenly came in the room and the two demons were startled by her. They looked for the owner of the voice who was standing at the door, her arms folded around her chest and Hongki was trying to pull her away from the scene. “I said, do you want to get her back or not?” Sophia then went towards Jaejin with a serious look on her face; the look that if Jaejin answered wrongly, she would send him in some space he couldn’t get out.

“You should answer.” Another voice joined the conversation. Adriel was at the door with Minhwan as she played with a shuriken in her hand, giving him a warning as well.

“Of course I want her back!” He didn’t know if he shouted that because of fear but one thing was for sure, he really wants her back.

“Then you should fight for it and not let your guilt eat you up.” Sophia began saying. “Make up for that mistake. Don’t sit around and just let her get taken away.”

“If you’ll continue this attitude, it’s just a matter of time before she falls for Seunghyun.” Adriel said as if it wasn’t a big deal.

“Hey, Adriel,” Minhwan tried stopping her from the next words she was about to say.

“In fact, Seol is in Seunghyun’s room right now.” She continued still despite Minhwan’s warning. “You should start moving and stop moping around.” She then left and dragged Minhwan with her.

“You heard her. Better fight now before it’s too late. Come along fatty.” Sophia then left Jonghun and Jaejin alone in the room, dragging Hongki with her.

Jaejin was stuck with the thought that Seol and Seunghyun were alone in a room. Thoughts raced in his head, wondering what they could be doing now. He felt his self getting fired up with jealousy and pain, just thinking about them together, holding each other was enough to kill him.

“That would be the end of me.” Jaejin thought to his self as he stared in the air. “Hyung, forget what I said tonight. Thank you and sorry for disturbing you.” He then stood up.

“Where are you going?” Jonghun asked, worried about his friend might do something stupid.

“Declaring war.” He said simply and walked out of the room.

“DON’T DO ANYTHING STUPID.” Jonghun shouted, hoping his friend heard the warning.

Jaejin found his self staring at Seunghyun’s room. He didn’t know what he was thinking but he mindlessly knocked on the door and it didn’t take long when Seunghyun opened it. Seunghyun was surprised to see his hyung knocking at his door. They didn’t talk ever since the incident. He didn’t know what his hyung was planning right now.

“I believe you have something that is of my property inside your room.” Jaejin said and forced his way to Seunghyun’s room. Seunghyun was too surprised at his hyung’s actions, all he could do was let him barged in and Seol was caught in surprise as well when she saw Jaejin.

“Jaejin,” She whispered his name as she stopped strumming the guitar when she saw Jaejin approaching her.

“Did Seunghyun already kiss you?” Jaejin asked out of nowhere and the two were taken aback. Seol avoided his gaze when she remembered the kiss Seunghyun and her shared a while ago. Jaejin noticed a blush forming in her cheeks and this got his speculations right.

“None of your business hyung.” Seunghyun growled at him but he just ignored him.

Instead, Jaejin held the back of Seol’s head and kissed her in front of Seunghyun. Seol’s eyes shot wide open from Jaejin’s bold action. She didn’t expect he would have that enough confidence to do something like that. Seunghyun then grabbed Seol and secure her in his arms, glaring at his hyung.

“Let me remind you, I’m your first kiss Seol.” A smirk formed on his lips as he turned his back, feeling victorious of what he just did. He stopped walking when he was near the door. “I’m sorry but.. I won’t let go that easily, Seol.” He said to them before he left, leaving a surprised Seol and Seunghyun behind.

“Looks like hyung just declared a war.” Seunghyun sighed and Seol looked at him in complete wonder by the next things that would happen.

xx--xx

early update! why? because, it's impossible for me to update tomorrow because i have work and MA class, so yeah >< next update will be on sunday :) 5 days still.. :) and i have until chapter 27 so im hoping i will be able to finish this fic soon.. ><

@jaceBlue- seunghyun prepared A LOT for the next chapters tbh xD almost questioned myself if this is really a jaejin fic or what xDD

@ilovejinnie-bc hyunnie is adorbs ;__; and yes jaeseol still >< pls remind me omg xD hahaha

@rachelxzoe-bc you want hyunnie for yourself ofc xD

@babo_cy-oohh tell her that on the following days to come XDD seriously :))

GUYS I LOVE YOU ;__;