Chapter 33

To Kill & Love

 

 

 

                “Oh, you're here?” Leeteuk peered over his sunglasses at the group of stunned cavemen. After a second of no one moving the elder sighed and stood up to observe their fresh catch.

           “They look better than what I thought they would be. Like seriously I thought they'd look like – oh god.” Leeteuk's eyes fell on Ryeowook.

            “Like him.” he finished.

            “What?” a voice was barely audible. “What!” Heechul shrieked again as he pounced from the group and attacked Leeteuk.

            “While we were dying and starving and getting attacked by bears and unicorns, you were just sitting here having the time of your life. Well, just so you know, I'm going to kill you now.”

            Leeteuk ran around the campsite, arms flailing, trying to save his life.

            “Eunhyuk.” Donghae whispered again. Eunhyuk rubbed his neck and cast a quick glance at Donghae.

            “We were dying! Get back here. I wish to end you puny little life.” Heechul raged on.

            “Stop!” Leeteuk silenced the group and the maniac Heechul.

            “It was all my idea. I planned to leave you all alone and see how you would do. I noticed you were all doting on Eunhyuk a lot lately. So, I decided to test you. I don't know if you have mud in your eyes, but you all look pretty fine to me. Well,” he paused as his eyes found Ryeowook again. “Wookie, what happened?”

            “But you left us with nothing!” Heechul screamed.

            “But he didn't.” Leeteuk pointed to Eunhyuk who was silent with a small grin on his face. After a minute to think it through, one by one the group nodded.

            “You taught me how to fish.” Kibum smiled.

            “Taught me which berries were good to eat.” Sungmin agreed.

            “Taught us how to make a fire.” Yesung and Ryeowook nodded.

            “Taught me how to cut a fish.” Kangin smiled until the group shook their heads as painful memories enveloped their minds.

            “Didn't teach me anything.” Kyuhyun sighed.

            “You cooked!”

            “I knew how to do that before!”

            Heechul and Hankyung smiled at Eunhyuk who winked. Finally Eunhyuk let his eyes fall on Donghae who was still staring at him.

            “You taught me how to survive without you.” Donghae shivered then walked into Eunhyuk's arms. The safety or his lover's embrace was automatic.

            “It made me realize how much I don't ever want to be without you.” Donghae cried in his arms.

 

            By the time everyone had settled down and had calmed Heechul down it was supper time and Eunhyuk was making some food. Forgiveness was earned and stories were shared.

            “But, what did you guys even do all this time?”

            Leeteuk rubbed his neck while Eunhyuk laughed. “Well you see...”

 

 

Day 9

 

            “Isn’t this great. Fresh air, wonderful views,” Leeteuk voiced out loud, complementing his surroundings. “And you; the finest outdoors man chef I know.”

            Eunhyuk chuckled and shuffled the two backpacks on his shoulders. As they hiked through the forest, Eunhyuk made little checks and landmarks he could remember. Leeteuk was singing and practically frolicking through the moss covered pine trees.

            “Which one did you pick?” asked the old one. Eunhyuk answered him by pointing to the tall mountain in front of them. With a huff, the kept walking. It took them a couple hours to make it to the bottom of the mountain. On the left side of the huge rock was a little stream where Eunhyuk caught their food and cooked it.

            “This is so good.” Leeteuk smiled with glee. “Seriously, if you hadn’t taken up kicking people off the earth, you should have totally thought of being a chef.”

            Eunhyuk laughed before taking a bite of his own cooking. “It was being by myself that I learned to cook like this.”

            “Oh. So you can all cook this well? I can see it now,” Leeteuk raised his arm, “Cooking with killers, bring your enemy and get a free steak.”

            The two laughed together and finished up eating. When they were done, Eunhyuk swept the surroundings of their existence.

            “Now’s the hard part. Watch your step.” the cooking killer warned.

 

            At least twenty breaks and another food spree, the two made it halfway up the mountain. Eunhyuk shook his head at his friend’s horrible feet coordination. Another half an hour, Leeteuk asked for another break. They stopped on a little ledge. Eunhyuk laughed, “I thought you liked the outdoors.

            “Ah yes, but,” the other sat near the edge, on a rock and dropped his backpack on the ground. “Tiring.” he breathed. Eunhyuk shook his head and took in a lungful of fresh air. Hmm, it’s so nice.

            “Okay, I see. Let’s get going.” Leeteuk trapped his backpack on his shoulders and across his chest. He then put a hand for Eunhyuk to wait while he quickly retied his shoe. When he stood up he felt something slither across his arm. Lifting his arm he was face to face with a small grass snake. Leeteuk let out the loudest scream he could before trying to shake it off.

            “Be careful!” Eunhyuk cried out, eyeing the few steps back Leeteuk was taking. All of a sudden the screaming buffoon lost his balance and was about to fall, back first, off the mountain edge.

            “Whoa!”

            Eunhyuk lunged at him with his knife drawn. With one quick motion he sliced through the backpack’s traps and pulled forward. Both guys crashed back onto the ledge. After a second of much needed breathing, Leeteuk shook his head. “Why did you cut the backpack free?”

            “If I didn’t, we both would have gone over the edge.” Eunhyuk sighed and ruffed his neck. They both sat up and stared at each other. After a second Leeteuk smiled. “Wow your life is exciting. Do you feel like this every day? Cause, whew, this adrenaline is gonna keep me up all night.”

            Eunhyuk chuckled and shook his head at his hilariously clumsy friend. “Yeah, I do.”

            “Wow, you’re intense.” Leeteuk rubbed his sore back.

            “Curious though, what was in your pack?”

            “Hmm, Well I put most of my stuff in your backpacks, so in that one would be…” he thought for a second. “The map, a couple candles, my fur hat, and four jars of raspberry syrup – Ooooh.” Leeteuk only realized after he said it.

            “You put my syrup in your pack? The pack that’s now at the bottom of the mountain?”

            “Indeed. Forgive me.” Leeteuk pursed his lips together and begged. Eunhyuk couldn’t believe. My pancakes, what will I put on them now. The two boys stood up and cautiously glanced over the edge. They couldn’t see anything but the top of the trees.

            Eunhyuk cast a dangerous look at Leeteuk who bit his lip. With a huff, he stepped away from the edge and placed his hands against the mountainside.

            “Okay, okay. Here, you wanna scream? Yah, give it a go. Just one. Let it out.” Leeteuk tried to console. Eunhyuk shook his head.

            “You’ll feel better.”

  “No.”

            “Do it.”

            “Never.”

            “Now!”

            All of a sudden Eunhyuk gave a loud bellow. The sounded echoed through the mountains. Leeteuk smiled and patted his friend’s back. “Better?”

            “Better.”

            “Okay, good. Let’s go!” the older chimed.

 

 

Day 8

 

            Leeteuk stretched as he walked out of the little shelter Eunhyuk had made. A nice smell filled his senses as he sat down beside the little fire.

            “Here's your tea.” Eunhyuk held out a cup of steaming liquid to which Leeteuk grabbed is graciously.

            “That storm was pretty nasty.” the older shook his head after taking a little sip of the tea. The night had been ruff and Leeteuk was surprised he had slept through the storm. He had Eunhyuk to thank for that. The shelter he had made was perfect and not a single drop touched his skin. It was a wonderful sunny morning now and birds were singing happily.

            Leeteuk watched as Eunhyuk stoked the fire and fed the flames. After a second Leeteuk sipped from his cup again. The tea in his hands was almost unbearably hot.

            “Thanks.” he lifted the little tea cup in gratitude.

 

 

Day 7

 

            The day passed by and night fell rapidly. Eunhyuk had once again caught another bird to cook. Leeteuk his lips as he thought of another wonderful meal soon to be in his hungry stomach approached.

            “Food!” Leeteuk laughed with glee as Eunhyuk set the plate of chicken cordon bleu.

            “Hmm. Thank you.” Leeteuk smiled as his stomach growled. “Guess, I'm a little hungry.”

            Before he could take a bite another growl sounded. Leeteuk looked at his stomach then frowned. Eunhyuk laughed and gestured to the plate in front of his friend.

            “But it wasn't...”

            The older man was interrupted by another low growl.

            “Huh?”

            “Wha?”

 

 

Day 6

 

            Eunhyuk smiled as he watched his little fishy wash the smell of fish from his clothes. The group seemed to be doing just fine without him or the other.

            After a couple of minutes Donghae returned to the group with a nice lake smell.

            “Donghae! Help me get the fish away from Kangin.” Sungmin cried.

            “But I just – oh fine! Kangin!”

            Eunhyuk chuckled and blew a kiss to his silly little fishy before silently backing away to return to his helpless older friend.

 

 

Day 5

 

            “Oh my goodness! This is amazing!” Leeteuk stuffed his mouth with freshly cooked deer meat. Eunhyuk nodded and grabbed for another piece of his kill. While venturing in the woods he'd found time and a little bit of luck in catching the four legged animal.

            “So how did you...” Leeteuk waved his arm, “You know. You didn't bring the knife with you.”

            After a second, Eunhyuk walked up to Leeteuk and sat right beside him. Taken aback, Leeteuk almost choked on his food as he tried to swallow it down. Slowly, Eunhyuk leaned closer, raising his hands to caress the other's jaw. Leeteuk could feel Eunhyuk's slow and steady breath against his cheek.

            All of a sudden, his neck was gently pushed to the side and upward, as Eunhyuk made a cracking noise highly accurate as to what it could possibly sound like.

            “Just like that.” the killer sounded seductively before standing up and retreating back to his original post. Leeteuk exhaled and rubbed his unhurt neck.

            “Wow, if Donghae hadn't snatched you up...” he mumbled to himself.

 

 

Day 4

 

            “It's the eye of the tiger. It's the thrill of the fight. Risin' up to the challenge of our rival. And the last known survivor stalks his prey in the night. And he watches us all with the eye of the tigaaahhh!” the two loons sang.

            “Wow, we should have been singers.” Leeteuk laughed.

            “Singers? Nah, I wanted to be a dancer one time though.” the other laughed.

            “It's a good thing we aren't singers or they'd give us some weird name like Big Bang or Super Junior.” Leetauk grabbed another piece of deer jerky.

            “Isn't Super Junior already a band?” Eunhyuk frowned in thought.

            “Maybe, But I bet they're all old guys with some really old leader guy who thinks he's funny all the time.” the two men laughed before continuing their epic song.

 

 

Day 3

 

            The hot sun bathed down on the exposed abs of the free loader, while Eunhyuk returned with more firewood. With the fire embers still warm, Eunhyuk made another cup of tea.

            “Can you pass me the sun tanning lotion.” said a voice from behind. Eunhyuk grabbed the bottle and threw it over his back.

            “Ugh. Ow, thank you.” Leeteuk rubbed his stomach before applying a nice coat of sun lotion on his face.

 

 

Day 2

 

            “Okay so, a woman has twins, and gives them up for adoption. One of them goes to a family in Egypt and is named Amal. The other goes to a family in Spain, they name him Juan. Years later; Juan sends a picture of himself to his mum. Upon receiving the picture, she tells her husband that she wished she also had a picture of Amal. Her husband responds, ''But they are twins. If you've seen Juan, you've seen Amal.'' Leeteuk laughed and laughed while Eunhyuk raised an eyebrow.

            “Get it? Juan, Amal? It's too good!” the older pronounced the J perfectly.

            “Are you sure you said it right?”

            “Yeah, get it? Their twins!”

            Eunhyuk sighed then face palmed his forehead.

 

 

Day 1

 

            “Are you sun tanning again?” Eunhyuk asked the second he returned with fresh water. Leeteuk fixed his glasses before turning to smile at Eunhyuk.

            “Gotta get those yummy chocolate abs.” he tipped his glasses down and winked. “I won't be left in the dust by the likes of you.”

            Eunhyuk laughed and rubbed his hand over his own washboard abs. Satisfied he continued whatever he had planned to do for the afternoon.

 

            It had been a couple of hours and Leeteuk had fallen asleep. Eunhyuk had grown to understand his friend and prepared a plate of bacon for when he woke. The wonderful hissing sound when the bacon hit the pan made him drool. Eunhyuk was about to grab a cup of water when all of a sudden a sound far off in the distance caught his attention. Hmm, Eunhyuk chuckled before finishing his food.

            “... bad guys or cannibals.” a voice seeped through the brush to Eunhyuk's right.

            “We don't exactly have our bad guy here to protect us.” another voice hissed. Eunhyuk scoffed. Bad guy? Cannibal.

            “...branches or heavy sticks in case we need to defend ourselves.”

            “Oh great.” Eunhyuk sighed and grabbed his cup for a drink then set it down when all of a sudden Ryeowook lept from the bushes.

            “Please don't eat me!” he screamed like a scared little girl.

            Eunhyuk chuckled and stood up. Slowly he walked toward the poor boy covering his face. “And why not?” he raised his eyebrow.

            Before he could bend down and help his little friend up, someone came running in between him and the boy with a pathetic looking tree branch. Donghae?

            I won't let you! You... you...” Donghae hesitated before finally deciding to face his enemy. Eunhyuk almost died at the look on his little baby's face.

            “Eunhyuk?”

            Oh, Donghae. My little baby.