Chapter 17

To Kill & Love

 

            “Tomorrow?” Eunhyuk yawned. Donghae sat on the bed. “Yeah tomorrow. It’s new year’s eve.” Eunhyuk nodded. Donghae smiled.

            At the kitchen table Donghae crunched on his dry cereal. Eunhyuk brought him a glass of milk and sat down. Eunhyuk looked at the newspaper. He flipped through the pages. Fireworks at the – Oh. That’s not far from here. Actually that’s really, really close. He smiled. Donghae would like to see those.

            Eunhyuk grabbed the glass of milk and took a small sip. “Hey!” Donghae cried then took it back and drank from it thirstily. Eunhyuk scoffed. “I brought it.” Donghae shrugged then drank, smiling.

 

                                                            *     *     *     *     *     *     *

 

            Eunhyuk sat on the couch with a bag of chips. An arm dangled in front of his face. Eunhyuk sighed and gave the bag to Kyuhyun. “Thank you.” he chimed. Donghae and Sungmin were in the bedroom talking about who knows what..

            About ten minutes before Eunhyuk had opened the door to find Sungmin and Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun and Sungmin had decided they would visit Donghae to make sure he was feeling better.

            Kyuhyun shuffled in his seat next to Eunhyuk. “Hey so what are you guys doing tomorrow for new years?” he asked as he stuffed a chip in his mouth. Eunhyuk grabbed the bag. “We’re going out.”

            “Oh. Yeah, we are too. It seems everyone is doing something.” he sighed and stole back the chips and held them close to his chest. Eunhyuk laughed. “Yeah, that’s what it seems.”

            Kyuhyun smiled and stuffed his face with chips. Eunhyuk shook his head and laughed. He suddenly stopped and thought for a second. “Um, Kyuhyun. You’re a good looking guy, you know that...” Kyuhyun nodded, impressed with the observation. Eunhyuk rolled his eyes and continued. “And Sungmin he is pretty cute.” Kyuhyun nodded again at the obvious fact. He waved his hand for the real question. Eunhyuk laughed uneasily.

            “Have you ever had feelings for him? Like, romantic feelings?”

            Kyuhyun looked at Eunhyuk and thought for a second. He swallowed the chips that were in his mouth. “He is cute, yes. But I haven’t thought of him that way.” he said. Eunhyuk nodded.

            “But,” Kyuhyun began again. “I don’t judge people who do, as you’re thinking, fall in love with the same gender. I think all us guys, Leeteuk and the others, wouldn’t – no I’m positive that after meeting Heechul and Hankyung we wouldn’t judge people like that. Love is love. It’s the heart. It’s unconditional.” Kyuhyun nodded. Eunhyuk copied the notion and nodded as well.

            Kyuhyun laughed. “Gonna give me a chance, muscle man? You said yourself I’m pretty damn y.” Kyuhyun winked. Eunhyuk laughed and punched Kyuhyun in the arm. “You wish.” he smiled. Kyuhyun rubbed his arm and laughed.

 

                                                            *     *     *     *     *     *     *

 

            “Bye, Sungmin.” Donghae called down the hall and yawned. “Happy new year.” he quickly added. Donghae closed the door and walked into the kitchen. Eunhyuk was cleaning the dishes. “Well, Kyuhyun ate all of our food.” he laughed. Donghae watched his muscles moved under his T-shirt. “Yeah.” Donghae laughed nervously then yawned.

 

            Eunhyuk finished doing the dishes and wiped his hands. He turned around and saw Donghae sleepily sitting on the chair at the table. Eunhyuk grinned. “Kay, let’s go to bed.”

            Donghae stood up with his eyes closed. He almost rammed into the table before Eunhyuk grabbed his shoulders and guided him otherwise. “Whoa, let’s go. This way.” Eunhyuk turned him around and led him through the living room then into their room. “Okay, stay there.”

            Donghae stood drowsily in the entrance while Eunhyuk pulled the covers to the end of the bed. He turned around and saw Donghae sway to far forward. “Oh jeez.” Eunhyuk leaped and caught him before he fell. Donghae fell into his arms. His head rolled to the side and faced Eunhyuk.

            “Donghae?” Eunhyuk laughed. Donghae didn’t move. He was limp in Eunhyuk’s arms. Donghae? Donghae was asleep. “Of course.” Eunhyuk closed his eyes and bowed his head. He sighed and shook his head. After opening one eye, he looked at Donghae inches away from his face. His expression was calm. His face; smooth. Now both eyes open, his eyes shifted to Donghae’s lips. They were parted.

            Eunhyuk stared at Donghae. His heart beat faster. Donghae, I... He leaned in unable to stop himself. I... He touched his lips to Donghae’s and kissed him. His lips were soft and warm. If the gods would be jealous of anyone, it would be the person in Eunhyuk’s arms. All of a sudden Donghae’s lips moved and kissed him back. Eunhyuk was surprised, but his lips kept moving. Donghae’s copied the motion and kissed him back.

            Eunhyuk froze and snapped back. Donghae stopped as well. Eunhyuk lifted his head. “Donghae?” Donghae was still and asleep in his arms. Eunhyuk gulped nervously and lifted him onto the bed. He placed Donghae on his side and pulled the covers over him. Eunhyuk walked to the switch and turned off the lights. He stood in the darkness.

            What did I just do? He rubbed his eyes. Donghae, he... Eunhyuk put his fingers to his mouth and grazed his lips. Carefully he walked to the bed and sat down. Wow. He sighed then laid down.