Chapter 25

To Kill & Love

            Donghae shuffled as fast as he could towards the apartment. They were both soaked. Soaked in rain and blood. Donghae trudged across the street. Thunder sounded above of them. I’m so stupid. He’s so stupid. Donghae kicked the door open. He walked through the doorway and stared at the steps.

            “Come on Eunhyuk we can do it.” he whispered.

            As Donghae climbed the stairs his eyes flooded with tears. His mind raced through everything at once; The shock on Eunhyuk’s face when he stumbled back. The two holes that should not be in his chest. His beautiful eyes that stared up lovingly. Donghae gasped for breath. Eye eyes burned as did his heart. Why? Why did you do this? This is all your fault!

            Donghae climbed the stairs. Every step was harder than the other. Eunhyuk is so stupid. Why didn’t he tell me. Donghae reached the top floor. He walked down the hall and looked at his and Eunhyuk’s apartment door. He was reminded of the horror he had just witnessed in that very room and was forced to look away.

            “Eunhyuk.” Donghae shifted Eunhyuk’s weight. “Eunhyuk?” Donghae asked again. The arm Eunhyuk had around Donghae’s shoulders fell slack. “Eunhyuk!”

            Panic raced through his mind. Eunhyuk? “Hey wake up! Eunhyuk?” Donghae screamed then looked around. He saw Leeteuk’s door and kicked it with all his might. When nothing happened he kicked it again. “Come on!”

            Someone opened the door. Without hesitation, Donghae marched in with Eunhyuk still on his back. He flashed his eyes over the room and frowned. Leeteuk gaped at Donghae. “What happened?” Leeteuk finally found his voice and stared at the beaten up Eunhyuk on Donghae’s back.

            “Help me.” Donghae whimpered. Leeteuk nodded and helped Donghae bring Eunhyuk to the ground. He then stood up and a lamp to bring light to the dark room. He looked back at Donghae and Eunhyuk on the ground and gasped. Eunhyuk’s body and face were bruised and cut up. He appeared to have been tortured. Near his eye a gash bled freely down the side of his face. His jaw was bruised and blood covered his lips and chin. Something was wrong. Eunhyuk’s black shirt was glistening.

            Leeteuk sat down next to Eunhyuk and Donghae, who grabbed a thin pillow to put under Eunhyuk’s head. Leeteuk hesitantly and lightly touched Eunhyuk’s shirt. When he lifted his hand he stared at the crimson red on the tips of his fingers.

            Leeteuk gaped at Donghae, who had tears flowing down his cheeks. He gulped and asked the undesirable question. “Donghae, what happened?”

            The other peered at him through his dark, wet hair, that hung in front of his eyes.  As if the gaze burned, he quickly looked away. “He was shot. Twice.” Donghae whispered hoarsely. Leeteuk extended his arm and touched his shoulder. “Donghae, what led to this?”

            Donghae tensed. I can’t tell him. He’ll... Donghae bit his lip to keep from screaming. He shook his head. The hand on his shoulder squeezed tightly. “It’s okay.”

            Donghae looked up at Leeteuk, who nodded encouragingly.

            “Eunhyuk,” he paused. “Eunhyuk is an assassin who was supposed to kill me. But he didn’t. Because he didn’t, today, a girl tried to kill us both. Eunhyuk, he...” Donghae felt his head spin as the memories flooded his mind.

            “He killed her?” Leeteuk asked calmly. Donghae shook his head. “He saved me.”

            Leeteuk nodded. “Donghae, we need to help Eunhyuk now. He’s loosing blood. We need to get him to the hospital.” While Leeteuk was saying this Donghae shook his head.

            “Can’t. Eunhyuk said...” Donghae bit his lip and closed his eyes. They sat silence for about thirty seconds until Leeteuk stood up. Donghae watched him walk to the front door. Leeteuk turned around. “I’m going to get Hankyung. He took some medical classes in school. He can help.”

            Donghae didn’t know what to say. He was petrified. Leeteuk nodded. “He’ll help.” he reassured him and disappeared through the door and down the hallway.

            Donghae stared at the door. Help? He’ll help Eunhyuk? All of a sudden Donghae started to panic. No he won’t. Not when they learn he’s an assassin. They’ll kill him!

            Donghae peered down at Eunhyuk’s face. His perfect face was covered in blood. Donghae caressed his face and his fingers down his cheek. I... I don’t hate you.

            A couple minutes later Donghae heard the door handle move. He froze. Leeteuk? Leeteuk opened the door and Hankyung walked in then quickly disappeared into the kitchen. Behind him Heechul, Kyuhyung and Sungmin walked in after them.

            Donghae was terrified. “What are they doing here?” He demanded Leeteuk. Leeteuk lifted his hands and sat down.

            “Donghae, we are all friends. I told Hankyung but no one else.” he reassured Donghae. “It’s okay.” He smiled. Hankyung returned with some cloths and a bowl of hot water. He sat beside Eunhyuk on the opposite side Donghae was sitting. Donghae stared, not sure if he should fight them off and run or just watch.

            Hankyung stopped what he was doing and focused on Donghae. He smiled and nodded is head. Quickly he continued what he was doing again.

            “Hey what’s – what the hell?” Kangin shouted behind Donghae. Kangin stared at Donghae’s back. “Is that blood on your back?”

            A giant crimson stain covered half of Donghae’s back; from carrying Eunhyuk. The group stared with wide and frightened eyes. Their gaze shifted to Eunhyuk who laid on the ground, unconscious.

            Behind Kangin; Kibum, Yesung, and Ryeowook appeared through the hall, rubbing their eyes. When Yesung saw Hankyung hovering over Eunhyuk who was bleeding all over the floor, he automatically walked over and sat down. He glared worriedly at Eunhyuk and frowned. His frown turned sad. “Can I help you?” he asked Hankyung, who nodded and told him what he could do to help.

            Sungmin ran over to Donghae. “What’s wrong with Eunhyuk? And is that blood on your back?” Donghae was frozen. He couldn’t talk. Any second now, he planned on grabbing Eunhyuk and running out the door.  

            Leeteuk, still standing, looked down at Donghae. “Can I tell them? You can trust them. They already promise and don’t even know it yet.”

            Donghae was confused. He thought for a moment then remembered the time they were playing truth or dare together. Donghae nodded hesitantly. If they are scared, we’ll leave, he thought to himself and Eunhyuk. Leeteuk nodded and turned to the highly confused and worried group of men.

            “Eunhyuk is an assassin.” Leeteuk said aloud. The words pierced the air and sent daggers to Donghae’s heart. The people in the room tensed and stepped back. All, except for Hankyung and Yesung who continued to work on saving Eunhyuk’s life.

            Miserably Donghae noticed the group had taken a step back.

            “He was supposed to kill me.” Donghae interrupted their thoughts of horror. He paused and continued. “Today, a girl came to kill us. Eunhyuk saved me and was...”

            All of a sudden Eunhyuk stirred and coughed. Blood oozed from his wounds and gushed out of his mouth. His breathing was irregular and kept cutting off. He sounded like he was chocking.

            “He’s drowning in his own blood.” Hankyung announced gravely. He then grabbed a pair of scissors Yesung had brought for him. He lifted Eunhyuk’s shirt and cut it all the way up to the top to expose his chest. Dark blood covered his chest. Hankyung asked for a pen and using a sterile knife he cut a slit near Eunhyuk’s ribs. With his teeth, he ripped the end off of the pen and then took the ink cylinder out. He then shoved the empty pen through the slit and into Eunhyuk’s body. For a second, blood pour out of the end of the pen and onto the floor.

            All of a second Eunhyuk gasped for air. For some reason, he didn’t have as much trouble as he’d had before.

            Donghae stared at the blood on the bare chest and the blood on his shaking hands. Donghae gasped for air for the both of them.

            He stared at Eunhyuk; his feet, his legs, his torso, and his chest. His chest exposed. Most of the blood was wiped off; yet a pool of blood covered the floor. His face was washed and without the dirt and blood he looked pale. Eunhyuk was dying and Donghae couldn’t do anything. Someone shuffled their feet and Donghae remembered the faint sounds of the bullets cutting through the air; then the look on Eunhyuk’s face. Donghae closed his eyes.

            “Ah! You’re so stupid!” he yelled. Donghae’s sudden burst of anger startled the others. No one moved.

            Donghae shook his head. “None of this would have happened if you would’ve just killed me! Because of you!” he shouted in anger. Lightning lit the room. “She tried to kill us because of you! Because you couldn’t...” he droned off. He gasped for air through his clenched teeth. “Because of you my fish is dead!”

            Kangin stepped forward, yet before we was able to do anything Leeteuk stopped him. “Eunhyuk is an assassin. But he’s still your friend.”

            Donghae bit through his lip. Every twitch and hesitation the group made was heart breaking. Every second of silence, pained his heart to the point of it being suffocating. Donghae gasped. Oh my god! Tears overflowed and once again wet his pale cheeks. I’m horrible! He tried to talk to me but I…

            Donghae raised his hands and covered his ears. He cried out in pain and heartache.

            “Kill me!” he screamed. “I’m horrible. I killed him! My words killed him! I killed Eunhyuk.” Donghae screamed, his eyes shut, shielding himself from the world; the world he destroyed. He cried out again. Sungmin jumped to his side and hugged him close.

            “Stop! It’s not true.” He pleaded. Donghae looked up in shock. Sungmin’s cheeks were wet with salty tears. Donghae shook his head. How can it not be true?

            Sungmin grabbed Donghae’s head between his hands so he wouldn’t be able to look away.

            “Do you think that if this happened again, he wouldn’t do the same?” Sungmin was shouting. The whole group was shocked at his sudden outburst. People in the room stood in shock and confusion. Donghae was shocked into silence.

            “He loves you! Do you not see that?” Sungmin cried. Donghae stared with wide eyes. Sungmin bit his lip and looked away. He shook his head then turned back to face Donghae.

            “You love him too.” Sungmin let go of the other’s face and slumped to the ground.

            Donghae looked down at the blood on his shaking hands. Something wet grabbed his hand. Donghae stared at the blood covered familiar hand. Eunhyuk, weakly tightened the grip on Donghae’s hand. Eunhyuk’s pale lips knit together as he grinned slightly.

            Tears fell down Donghae cheeks. He dragged his hand across the floor and grabbed a piece of Eunhyuk’s shirt. “I love you.” Donghae cried. I’m sorry.

            Hankyung touched his shoulder. “He needs a hospital right now.” he urged. Donghae nodded not letting his eyes drift from Eunhyuk who was struggling to keep conscious. 

 

 

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Oh my godness guyses. I'm so sorry for not updating so quickly. I'm happily back in school and work is awesome like eating soggy chips. YUCK!

I hope you are liking the story. It's my first fanfic. I have others that are waiting to be typed, hehe. 

 

 

Anyways. I love youuu. Comment. Subscribble. Become my lover. Saranghae <3