Chapter 32

To Kill & Love

 

 

 

Day 7

 

          “This is not easy!” Kangin shouted while trying to hold down some unknown bird. Eunhyuk had been right, birds and other animals had come to steal what scraps were left on the ground from yesterday’s fish.

          “Hold it down!” Kyuhyun bellowed then clutched the stick tightly around his fingers, waiting for an opening.

          “There!” Kyuhyun swung his wooden sword.

          “Ow!” Kangin cried out in pain. Kyuhyun bit his lip and lifted his branch to rest on his shoulder. With a sigh he sat himself down on a boulder a couple feet away from the two squawking birds.

          “What are you doing? Help me. This quick bugger…” Kangin fought by himself.

          “No, you look like a pro. I’ll just watch.” Kyuhyun yawned then looked to his right. Donghae lay completely exhausted. He had also caught a bird; more like a demon from the fiery pits of hell. The beast hadn’t given up until Donghae was scratched and pecked to death. Even long after Donghae had let him go, the battle raged on. The human; having to play defensive.

          Kyuhyun glanced back at Kangin. “Just kill it.” he sighed.

          “That’s what I’m trying to do. I just need to – Oh!” the older was interrupted by a loud crack. The struggle was over, as Kangin looked at the limp bird.

          “Oh my god. I kill it!” he exclaimed just as Ryeowook walked into their little hunting circle.

          “Hey guys, I – Ah!” he cried as he spotted the bird. “You murderer!”

          “It was an accident.” Kangin rubbed his sore neck.

          “I’m telling on you!” Ryeowook shot back and started to run back the way he came.

 

          An hour later the group sat around the fire and stared at the little bird roasting on their spit. A second later their eyes shifted to the little Ryeowook, swollen and bruised. A tiny tear fell from his eye, wetting his cheek. When the young man looked up he frowned and pouted his lips.

          “We told you not to run.”

          “But no. You have to run straight into a bee's nest.”

          “Bzz, bzz, bzz. Sting, sting, sting.” Heechul added to their scolding. With a little sniff, Ryeowook crossed his arms and hung his head. Donghae rubbed his back and smiled. “It's okay Wookie. We just have to be – what was that?”

          “What was what?” Yesung asked.

          “That.”

          “That what what?”

          “Was that?”

          “What?”

          “What?” Donghae raised an eyebrow.

          “Shut it. You guys are giving me a headache.” Heechul rubbed his temples. The two boys raised their hands for forgiveness. Just before they could say something else. Hankyung raised his arm for silence. The group obeyed and strained their ears to pick up any unnatural sound. A familiar growl sounded behind them.

          “Bear!”

 

 

Day 6

 

          Donghae and Kangin walked behind Hankyung and Kibum, caring loads of thinly stripped bark. After setting them down they began to weave baskets for their food. Many failures and splinters later, the boys conjured up three woven baskets.

          “And you can keep the fish in the basket and leave it fresh in the water.” Kibum smiled and finished his basket.

          “Guinness, now the bear won't get it!?” Heechul chimed.

          “Idiot, did you even see a bear last night? No.” Kangin shook his head. Heechul's lip twitched and he made a lunge for Kangin. Thankfully, Hankyung stepped out of the bush just in time, earning him a lustful hug from the ex-attacker.

 

          Donghae wiped his forehead after heaving the heavy woven baskets and securing them to a tree. Kyuhyun sighed as he planted himself beneath the tree, completely exhausted.

          “This would be so much easier if we knew what we were doing. But,” he thought then nodded. “We're doing pretty good.”

          “Yeah.” Donghae sighed. Eunhyuk, I miss you. I'm being strong.

 

 

Day 5

 

          Kyuhyun ran as fast as he could to where Donghae and Sungmin stood. Without a breath to lose he motioned for them to follow. The two boys followed Kyuhyun till they reached Ryeowook who was hugging himself on the ground.

          “What happened?” Sungmin wheezed. Kyuhyun pointed to the berries on the little bush a couple feet away. The little blonde boy walked to the bush and frowned.

          “Is he going to die?” Donghae asked.

          “No. They aren't poisonous.” Sungmin announced confidently. Before the others could say anything Sungmin picked on up and squished it in his hand.

          “It'll just turn your stomach over. Sorry Wookie.” the Blondie apologize. Thank goodness. Donghae sighed in relief and glanced at Sungmin who frowned in thought. But, how did you know?

 

 

Day 4

 

          Heechul sat beside Hankyung who stared off in a daze. Most of the group sat around their tiny lit fire. A rustle of leaves behind them had them unfazed. Kibum emerged from the thick brush and claimed his place in the poorly seated circle.

          Before anyone could say anything a low growl interrupted their heavy thoughts. Ryeowook's let out a little yelp and closed his weary eyes. His poor swollen cheecks puffed up even more as he pouted.

          “Bear?” Kyuhyun sighed.

          “Oh thank God! I'm here. Come a get me!” Heechul practically blessed the thought, when Kangin raised a hand. “Sorry. That was me.”

 

 

Day 3

 

          “No! Let me go. I'm done.” Ryeowook gasped in between sobs. Yesung patted the boy's back, trying to console him while the younger tried to throw himself off the little ledge that led into the lake

          “You know you will just swim back.” Sungmin sighed as he played with a stick. Ryeowook shook his head and pouted his lips.

          “No I won't. I'm going to die.” he announced. “But,” he thought for a second. “Do you think you could help me?”

          Sungmin dropped the stick and hugged his friend. “No! I could never.” The two boys cried loudly. Before they knew it, most of the group was crying. Everyone was tired and weary. Pats on backs were exchanged in order to calm each other down.

          Kyuhyun watched their failed attempts of consolation, his hand keeping his head up. Donghae felt his own emotions shuffle, wanting to break free.

 

 

Day 2

 

          The group of boys stared at the blue sky. The whole day they had just laid on the ground and stared at the sky. Their bodies were drained of everything.

          “I spy with my little eye something blue.” Sungmin finally announced his hint. The rest of the group broke out into shouts and sighed.

          “What?” Sungmin whined. Heechul sighed and decided to play along.

          “Hmm. Is it big?”

          “Yeah!”

          “Is it the freaking sky?”

          “Yes! How did you guess so fast?” Sungmin asked through his deliriousness.

          “I'm a wizard. Just like Dumbledore.” Heechul smiled evilly.

          “You can't be Dumbledore. He's – oh right. Damn, yeah, that came as a shock to everyone.” Kyuhyun sighed once again.

          “Who's turn is it now?” Yesung asked out of the blue.

          “Must be Hankyung's.”

          “I spy with my little eye something blue.” Sungmin pipped up. The group once again began to whined and shout.

          “It's the freaking sky!” Heechul shrieked.

          “How did you guess...”

          “Shut it!” the group lashed out.

 

                                                                                *     *     *     *     *     *     *

 

          Donghae laid his head down on his arm as he stared out into the dark black sky. Little lights danced in vast darkness before him. He felt like he could almost touch them. Before he knew it he arm was in front of his view and the dark silhouette halted a patch of shinning stars.

          A bigger being blocked out the of the rest of the stars. Kyuhyun sat down beside him and sighed. “Don't worry. We'll find them.”

          “Yeah, I just miss him.”

 

 

Day 1

 

          A muffled boom echoed throughout the mountains and woke Donghae from his sleep. Kyuhyun also jumped awake at the sudden unnatural sound.

          “What was that?” he asked rubbing his eyes. Donghae shook his head and glanced around to find the others waking themselves up and looking around their little campsite.

          “There!” Donghae heard Kibum shout. He followed the man's arm and scanned the mountains. There they saw a little stretch of smoke disappearing into the sky.

          “Take note of where it's coming from!” Donghae was on his feet and moving.

 

                                                                          *     *     *     *     *     *     *

 

          After little discussion the group decided to venture out and see what had caused the ruckus. Donghae felt his heart pound in his chest with every step he took. He was excited yet fearful at the same time.

          “What was that though? A bomb?” Kangin asked out loud.

          “I've heard a shotgun sound like that.” Heechul wheezed out in between great gasps for breath.

          Donghae listen as his thoughts were echoed through the others. A gun shot?

 

          Eunhyuk leaned in. “Donghae,” he hesitated. “Donghae, I care for you so much.”

          Donghae gazed up through his dark, wet hair. For some reason he found it excruciatingly hard to keep his gaze. He felt betrayal yet a deep pain in his heart. What's wrong with me? Donghae blinked away his tears to keep focus. The killer in front of him lifted his arm and caressed the his cheek, wiping away the wetness from Donghae’s face. Eunhyuk was standing right in front of him yet was so far away. Donghae's heart was tearing apart. I'm losing him. He hates me.

          “Donghae. I love you.” Eunhyuk whispered gently. “That will never change. Ever.”

          Eunhyuk left his hand on Donghae’s cheek. Donghae wanted to reach out a touch him but his body refused. The blood on Eunhyuk's face streamed down the side of his face. Even with his face all bruised and beaten, he was still beautiful. Donghae stared into Eunhyuk's eyes. They were sad and distant. No, don't do that.

Before Donghae could do anything, Eunhyuk backed away and surveyed the park. Deafening rain exploded against the roof. It was so loud. Every step Eunhyuk took led him farther and farther away from Donghae's reach. Like a miracle and a curse, Eunhyuk stole one last look at Donghae.

You need to go now. Please, stay safe.”

The second the last word was out his whole body turned away.

You need to run and never come back.” he stepped out of the shelter and into the pouring rain. “Remember what I sa...”

          Two muffled sounds broke through the rain. A second later Eunhyuk stumbled back in shock. Donghae followed Eunhyuk's gaze to his chest. Two unwelcomed holes were pulsing out black liquid on the left side of Eunhyuk's chest. Donghae felt his chest tear apart.

          “Eunhyuk.” he barely whispered.

 

          “...Donghae? Donghae?” a voice saved him from his painful memory. Kyuhyun placed a hand on his shoulder.

          “Yeah, let's go.” Donghae nodded and they continued their march up the side of the mountain. It was more difficult than what they had estimated. The slope was steep and the rocks were sharp. Everyone had at least one cut or bruise to mark their perseverance. Without lunch and supper only a few hours away, they were starving.

          “How much longer?” Kibum asked the desired question with no answer.

          “Um, it might be only a little farther.” Yesung took a positive guess. At once the others began to whine and mumble obscenities.

          “That's what was said an hour ago.” they growled. Sungmin pouted and and rubbed his eyes that ached under the hot sun. The little blonde boy sniffed and sighed. A second later he sniffed again and again.

          “Do you smell that?” he asked. Kyuhyun and the rest smelled the air to answer Sungmin's question.

          “It smells like Bacon.” Kyuhyun admitted. At once their mouths began to water and their paces began to quicken. Indeed Yesung had been correct, they were very close to the top of the mountain. If they begged, maybe the creator's of food will let them have a bite.

          “We're almost there.” Kangin reassured them.

          “Stop!” Heechul stopped them in their tracks. When everyone turned to him for an explanation he bit his lip and thought. “They could be bad guys or cannibals. And well,” he paused.

          “We don't exactly have our bad guy here to protect us.” he said with painful honesty.

          “Thank you, for your insensitive, blunt remark.” Kangin gestured to Donghae. Donghae shook his head then nodded.

          “Heechul's right. Let's get some branches or heavy sticks in case we need to defend ourselves.”

          They agreed and scrounged whatever they could, yet the knowing of food close enough to taste was a very distracting factor.

          Carefully they inched closer to the smell and now sound of sizzling food. Lucky for them they were hidden my a thick brush of trees and bushes. Each person tried to crane their necks to see if anyone was around.

          “Do you see anyth – whoa!” Heechul tripped and fell forward crashing into Ryeowook who shot forward out of the protection of the brush and fell in plain sight. The group was shocked into silence

          “Please don't eat me!” Ryeowook closed his eyes and raised both hands over his head. No one moved. The close sound of footsteps echoed dully.

          “And why not?” answered a deep voice.

          Before Ryeowook could say anything, or the hiding group could stop him, Donghae shot forward with a tree branch and placed him in between the cannibal and his friend.

          “I won't let you! You... you...” he tried to find a word then looked up. Eunhyuk had his eyebrow raised and a faint smiled on his lips.

          “Eunhyuk?” Donghae barely whispered. All of a sudden then rest of the group shot forward to defend their two helpless friends, ready for battle. Quickly, their battle cries died down to nothing.

          “Wha...” Sungmin's jaw hung low. Their eyes surveyed the little campsite until they saw Leeteuk sitting comfortably with sunglasses on, tanning in the sun.

          “Oh, you're here?” he finally noticed them.

 

 

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Kay, so apparently my Pole thing isn't working. Here we go . . . Manually.

My next Fanfic should be;

a) Eunhyuk and Donghae

b) Siwon and Kyuhyun

c) Kyuhyun and Sungmin

d) My own characters (yet I will use pictures to show you what their appearance is like)

 

Tell me what you think on the comment section below.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

I have started all, [ a)  b)  c)  d) ] stories already. Which one comes next, is your choosing.  <3

 

Also this is for all my very special To Kill & Love fans. . .  I templated a special for To Kill & Love. It's sneak as to what Eunhyuk was like before he met Donghae. Lots of action, blood, and Eunhyuk. note* this Eunhae is not the one in the above pole.

 

Are you up for it? Leave me an answer.