Chapter 2

To Kill & Love

 

            A bright sunbeam shone through the window and warmed Eunhyuk’s face. He shuffled then relaxed quickly. Warm and... bright. He squeezed his eyes shut. Still bright! Ah, my eyes! He turned his head suddenly away from the brightness. Better. Eunhyuk slowly opened his eyes. Donghae slept peacefully at the farthest corner the bed would give him. His chest slowly rose and fell. Eunhyuk sat up and walked to the bathroom.

 

            After taking a shower he stared into the mirror and at his reflection. Water dripped from his hair and onto his face. He shifted his body to look at his left shoulder and his back. Nothing looked wrong yet the pain was very real. He grimaced and put on his shirt.

 

            An hour later Donghae emerged from the bedroom and ate breakfast. The day was very short. Every once in a while they would say something yet their talking was limited.

            Days passed and it remained the same. At times Donghae would do things that had surprised Eunhyuk. Still, the fact that they didn’t see each other much was evident.

            A week and a few days had quickly passed by. Eunhyuk began to understand some of the things Donghae did and when he did them. He loves sleeping, he wakes up a couple hours after the sun rises, if the laundry was piled up he would take it and wash all of it none stop till all was done. Eunhyuk grew used to these and yet he was becoming bored.

           

            Eunhyuk sipped water and watched Donghae take the laundry to the washer and dryer down the hall. He looked at the clock over the stove. 4:14 pm. Maybe I should just kill him tonight? I’m getting bored. After thinking for a few minutes he decided he would just kill him tonight.

            “Hey.” Eunhyuk heard someone say. Donghae bounded into the apartment and faced him. “Do you wanna have a picnic?” Donghae smiled.

            Picnic? Did he just say picnic. Eunhyuk faked a smiled. “How about we go out to eat. I know a nice restaurant.” He watched Donghae consider the option then nod happily.

            They took their jackets and left the house. The two took a taxi down town to a small restaurant. It was small and had a little lobster painted on the sign that said Momo’s Fresh Sea Food and Chips. Eunhyuk looked at Donghae who stared at the outside of the restaurant.

            “The plates they serve here are massive. I remember eating here when I was younger.” Eunhyuk gazed at his past’s few good memories. He then remembered Donghae was there and snapped out of it, returning to his normal expressionless face.

            Once inside and seated a waitress put down two menus for them. Eunhyuk his lips as he stared at the shrimp and chips.

“Um, I should tell you something.” Donghae murmured.

            Eunhyuk looked up at Donghae who looked uncomfortable and fidgeted with his fingers. “What’s wrong? Do you not like sea food?” What’s with him? He looks afraid. He doesn’t even know what’s gonna happen tonight and yet he’s already scared.

            “No, no. I just... Well. I’m deathly allergic to sea food.” He sighed and bowed his head as an apology. Eunhyuk stared intently at Donghae. I don’t remember reading that on him. Well, I could kill him right here. Just shove a couple shrimp down his throat. Eunhyuk smiled. No this is good food. I’m not going to waste it on that. I guess I’ll just let him...

 

            I told him. Is he mad? Donghae looked up and saw Eunhyuk stare at him as if contemplating something. Then, right away he reverted back to normal as if nothing crossed his mind. “It’s fine. You can have my chips. You can eat those right?”

            Donghae smiled. “Okay. Are you sure?” Eunhyuk nodded and poured himself a glass of water from the pitcher on the table. The lady returned to get their orders then returned a few minutes later with a large plate of shrimp and chips.

            Donghae stared at the massive plate in front of him. There was so much food, enough for two or more. Eunhyuk had already started to eat. “I like eating at Momo’s. They make good food, it’s fast too.”

            Donghae took a french-fry and ate it. “Wow, this is so good! I’ve never had anything like this. It’s amazing. Thank you so much for taking me here.” Donghae shoved another one into his mouth.

 

            Eunhyuk just stared at Donghae, with piece of shrimp inches away from his mouth.

 

            “Thank you for taking...” “Thank you...” The words repeated in Eunhyuk’s mind over and over again.

            He said thank you.Eunhyuk frowned at the fact that he had been surprised. He looked at Donghae again who smiled happily while eating. How can you smile so freely? I haven’t smiled since... He thought for a while then gave up, not being able to remember that last time he had sincerely smiled or had been even happy.

            Eunhyuk resumed eating his deep fried shrimp. He took another one and dipped in tartar sauce. It was delicious. Eunhyuk ate all the shrimp and Donghae left a few fries for Eunhyuk who took them without another thought.

            Once they were finished Eunhyuk paid for the bill, after fighting off Donghae who said he truly should pay. Out of the restaurant they took a taxi back to the apartment. Dusk slowly crept up.

            The day ended, and the two guys began to get ready for bed. Lights off, Donghae was already in bed when Eunhyuk walked in. In a cat like manner Eunhyuk hovered over the floor and discretely slipped into the bed. He stared at the ceiling completely relaxed.

            An hour passed and there was no movement from Donghae’s side of the bed. Eunhyuk peered from the corner of his eye. No movement. Well, today was your last day. Eunhyuk took a deep breath then exhaled. His left arm lay outside of the blanket. A sharp blade twinkled dully in the darkness. Good bye. Eunhyuk his side and lunged for Donghae’s throat.

            “Eunhyuk.” said a soft whisper. Eunhyuk froze, the blade inches away from Donghae’s throat. “Thank you for today, the supper I mean. It was really good.” Donghae whispered. “Good night.”

            Eunhyuk was frozen in place. He could hear that Donghae was fully asleep now. Slowly, he moved his hand away from Donghae’ throat and let it rest once more dormant by his side. He relaxed and laid down once again and stared at the ceiling that he could not see.

            “Night.” he heard himself murmur. Why didn’t I kill him? He frowned and thought about what had just happened and what would to have stopped him from killing the boy. He closed his eyes. No. He blinked them open. I don’t need to kill him yet. That’s right I don’t have to. Yet. Satisfied with his reasoning he slowly drifted into sleep.