Chapter 23

To Kill & Love

 

            “Go fish.” Ryeowook smiled happily. Kibum frowned and grabbed another card to add to his hand. Ryeowook grabbed another handful of chips and shoved them into his mouth where they would disappear into a bottomless pit.

           

            It was near the end of March and the snow was practically gone. Everything was damp and just beginning to dry. The sky was beginning to clear up and the white contestant clouds were replaced with grey and deep purple ones. Rain season was near and that meant spring.

 

            “Just quit while you have the chance. No one beats him at Gold Fish. Even though it is at random.” Kangin sighed. Heechul laughed. “Stupid, it’s Go Fish. Jeez.”

            Kangin frowned. “That’s what I said.” he paused. “Stupid.” He added. Heechul jumped up from where he sat and pounced on Kangin’s back. “You’re stupid!” he yelled while ferociously clawing Kangin’s head.

            “Ah!” Kangin tried to get the other off but failed. “Help me get this thing off me. It’s like a parasite! Don’t infect me!” Kangin bellowed. Heechul drove his face into Kangin’s neck and bit him. Kangin screamed like a little . Heechul brought his head up and smiled evilly.

            “There is no hope for him now.” Yesung sighed. Kyuhyun shook his head. “He’s a goner.”

            Kibum and Eunhyuk pried Heechul from the dying Kangin. Before they were completely separated Heechul delivered the unintentional yet promising blow right between Kangin’s legs. Like a giant tree, he fell, crashing into the ground beneath him. The ground shook. It made no sound, no words, nothing. Heechul bit his lip then giggle at his mistake.

            Yesung stood up, followed by Kyuhyun. “He’s gone.” he sighed. Kyuhyun placed his hand over his heart. “Good bye old friend.”

            Leeteuk and Hankyung walked into the living room to see Kangin on the ground. Leeteuk advanced to Kangin’s head. “Does any one have any final words they would like to say?”

            Sungmin cried on Donghae’s shoulder. “He was such... a... such a...”

            “Jerk.” Heechul snorted and crossed his arms. Hankyung grinned and protectively wrapped his arms around his other half.

            All of a sudden the corpse moved. “Heechul, you’re going to join me...” he air through his teeth, in pain. “Right after I rest for a while.” Everyone laughed. Leeteuk smiled and kicked Kangin’s shoulder lightly. “You’ll be fine.”

            “No, priest. Come back. Pray over me. I don’t think I’ll be able to bear any children.” Kangin whined on the ground. Kibum chuckled. “Men can’t bear children only the women. Jeez, you big hunk of...” Kibum laughed.

            “He can now.” Heechul smirked. Hankyung held him closer and shook his head, smiling.

            “Heeeeechuuul.” The beast roared from the ground. The group laughed.

           

                                                            *     *     *     *     *     *     *

 

            The outside ground was finally dry and all the snow was gone. Eunhyuk jogged in the park as Donghae still slept back at the apartment. The sky had blotches of pink and orange clouds. April was much warmer and made everything flourish; including the rain.

            Eunhyuk breathed rhythmically as he jogged at a good pace. The air was cool yet not cold. It was nice. He gazed around the park. Other joggers were up and early jogging as well. Eunhyuk smelled the air. It smelled fresh and pure.

            He rounded a corner and something caught his eye. He looked to his left and saw a girl with blonde hair with her back to him. She stood near the little shop in the middle of the park.

            A bunch of trees cut though Eunhyuk’s vision. Curiously, he jogged faster around the trees to once again get a clear view, only to see the girl was gone. He surveyed the park but saw nothing. Where did she go?

 

                                                            *     *     *     *     *     *     *

 

            Donghae yawned as he munched on his cereal. Grabbing for his glass of milk, he took a sip. He grunted in happiness. That hit the spot.

            After finishing his cereal, Donghae washed and put away the dishes. Done with the dishes, he trudged over to the calendar. He rubbed his eyes then looked at the date. Hmm? Already April 5th? Donghae glanced outside. No wonder it’s been raining on and off.

            Bored, Donghae, glided over to the living room where Eunhyuk slept on the couch. His hair was a mess and he wore a T-shirt and jeans. Donghae grinned.

            Quietly, he tiptoed over towards the side of the couch. Before he made it he lost his balance. Whoa! Donghae flailed his arms in order to regain balance, in the process, hitting himself in the head. “Ow.”

            Carefully, Donghae re-composed himself and continued to the side of the couch. Slowly and as quietly as possible he bent down and gazed at his lover. He couldn’t help but smile. He waved a hand in front of Eunhyuk’s face. He bit his lip to keep a giggle from escaping. Donghae put down his hand and leaned closer. He stared at Eunhyuk with amusing eyes.

            All of a sudden everything went black. Huh? “Hey.” he whined. A hand covered his face and eyes. Eunhyuk moved and Donghae thought he could hear                             Eunhyuk sit up.

            “You’re too loud.” Eunhyuk yawned releasing Donghae’s face, who rubbed his temples.

 

            Eunhyuk yawned again. Hungry. He stood up and walked to the kitchen. Donghae followed like a puppy. Eunhyuk looked through the cupboards and saw nothing he liked. Why no food? He sighed and turned around. “Hey we need to go shopping some time. We’re getting low on food.”

            Donghae nodded. “Tomorrow?” he asked. Eunhyuk shook his head. “Busy.”

            “Next day?” Donghae asked again. Eunhyuk thought for a second then agreed.

 

                                                            *     *     *     *     *     *     *

 

            The next day was windy and dark clouds hovered over the earth, waiting for the opportune moment.

            “Busy? Where?” asked Donghae, who put on a light blue sweater. Eunhyuk already had his boots on. “I forgot that I said I’d be able to bring large flower pots down to the lady a couple blocks down. It’s the apartment manager’s sister.” Eunhyuk sighed. “She’s weirder than the manager. She thinks I’m a girl.” He laughed.

            Donghae looked him up and down. Muscles were easily identified on the other side of his black, long sleeved shirt. Donghae snorted then chuckled. “A girl?” He laughed even harder at the impossible. Donghae lifted his arm to punch his shoulder. Eunhyuk snatched his wrist and tugged his near. He gently planted a kiss on his cheek.

            “Well I need to go. It’s,” He looked at the clock. “4:30 pm now. I’ll be back in two hours. You said you had some other running around stuff to do to, right?” Eunhyuk cocked his head to the side. Donghae pursed his lips and nodded.

           

            The two of them walked out of the apartment and onto the sidewalk. Donghae stretched. Eunhyuk smiled. “Kay, see you then.” He waved off. Donghae waved and walked the opposite way.

 

                                                            *     *     *     *     *     *     *

 

            Donghae walked up and down the isles of the groceries store. What do we need again? Donghae grabbed food from the shelves and placed them in the cart. He had already finished doing the things he had to do and decided to get the groceries.

            He looked around and found other things he liked. This good. Wait. He pondered for a moment. Kimchi! He smiled.

            Donghae walked to the counter and paid for the food. I hope I have enough money. Donghae opened his wallet and out of the corner of his eyes, to his right, he saw gold flash across his peripheral vision. What? As he turned to look, it was gone.

            “Cash or credit?” asked the cashier. Donghae apologize and handed her what cash he had left. He sighed in relief. Just enough.

 

                                                            *     *     *     *     *     *     *

 

            Donghae walked down the street. He frowned as he eyed at the sky grumpily. Don’t rain.

            At that moment a drop of rain fell on his cheek. It began to drizzle. Ah, man. Donghae marched faster to keep from being drenched and to save the groceries. When he arrived at the front door of the apartment he looked down at his full arms, then at the wet ground. Ah, jeez. Donghae sighed and shuffled the weight in his arms. Heavy. Donghae tried to put both packages in one arm.

            “Whoa! Oh, no!” Donghae lost his balance.

            “Here. Let me help you.”

            A girl opened the door for him and Donghae hurried in. Once inside she shut the door and turned to face Donghae. The girl pursed her lips and played with her hair teasingly. Donghae grinned and noticed her hair. Blonde hair? It’s really pretty.

            “Thank you very much.” he said kindly. The girl smiled shyly and nodded. “No problem.”

            Not sure what to do next Donghae coughed and shuffled the groceries in his arms. Does she liv... “Do you live here? Are you new?” he asked automatically.

            The girl smiled and nodded. “I moved in a week ago. It’s calm here and it’s a cute neighbourhood.” She shuffled her feet and played with her fingers. She was a pretty little thing. Donghae bit his lip awkwardly and nodded. 

            Out of nowhere the girl coughed and rubbed . “It’s been wet outside. But dry inside.” she sighed. Donghae shuffled the load in his arms again to keep busy. “Um, are you thirsty? Do you want a drink?” Donghae asked politely. The girl beamed. “Sure. That would be nice.”

            Donghae nodded and walked to the stairs. “It’s on the fourth floor. Long climb, I know.” he chuckled. He waited for the girl and walked up the stairs. He passed the second and third floor. They walked down the hall to his and Eunhyuk’s apartment. “My name is Donghae.” he smiled as he opened the door and let her in.

            They both entered the house and Donghae set the groceries on the table. He took a glass from the cupboard and poured water from the fridge to fill it to the rim. He handed it to the girl who was seemed to be always beaming and smiling.

            “I didn’t catch your name.” Donghae noticed. The girl sipped form the glass and held it in her hands. “My name’s Jessica. It’s very nice to meet you Donghae.”

            Donghae nodded and turned to put the groceries away. Food, food, food. Eggs! I forgot eggs! Oh, Eunhyuk is going to be mad. Donghae bit his lip then smirked. He thought of even with all the new food in the fridge and cupboards but all Eunhyuk would probably want were eggs.

            After he finished Donghae found the girl to be sitting at the table, slowly sipping her water. He leaned on the counter. “So, what made you decide to move here?” Donghae asked to spike conversation.

            “Work.” She smiled. Donghae nodded. Okay, um. “Well, my roommate and I would like to come visit you sometime and welcome you here. If that’s alright?” he smiled cutely. Jessica set the glass down and smiled. “My work will be done soon, so I'll be moving back pretty soon. Thank you though.” She sipped her water again. Donghae rubbed his neck.

            “You said roommate?” Jessica asked without taking her eyes off her glass. Donghae smiled. “Yeah, Eunhyuk. He’s my roommate. He was here before me. You’d like him, he’s really nice when you get to know him.” Donghae laughed quietly.

            “How long was he here before you?” she asked again. Donghae shrugged. “I don’t know. I guess I never asked.”

            “Is he different?”

            “No. He’s a good gu...”

            “I mean was he different. When you first met him, was he...” she paused. “not human?”

            Donghae frowned. What is she implying? He shoved his hands into his pockets. “A little bit. But, he’s different now. He’s...”

            “When did it change?” she quickly changed her question.

            “A while ago – why are you asking these questions?” Donghae crossed his arms. Jessica sipped from the glass then set it on the table. She lifted her head and smiled sweetly. “I just want to know my temporary neighbours.”

            Donghae pursed his lips. I guess so. He cracked a half-hearted smile and pointed to the glass move than half full glass. “Slow drinker?” Jessica giggled and nodded. Donghae turned around to look at the clock. 6:45 pm. “Eunhyuk should be home any time now.” he murmured. He sighed and rubbed his face. He wished his other half were here right now.

            All of a sudden he felt something touch his back. “Huh?” he turned around quickly. Jessica had her hand outreached, a shocked expression on her face. “Are you okay?” she asked.

            Donghae bounced back, out of reach. He slowly nodded and leaned against the wall. “Yeah, I’m just waiting for Eunhyuk to come back.” he gulped. Jessica glided closer and laid her hand on his shoulder. Donghae twitched at the unwanted touch, the girl didn’t seem to notice.

“What’s the rush?” she said in a lower more seductive voice.

            Donghae appeared confused and slightly afraid. “Uh, I...”

            Jessica moved her hand across his body and let it rest on his chest. She smirked. Her look was different from before. “You’re cuter than I thought you would be.” she smiled slyly.

            Donghae propelled his body far from her reach. “I, uh. I should... um.” he stuttered. “I’ll just...”

            The sound of the front door echoed to the kitchen.

            “Donghae? Are you back yet?” Eunhyuk’s angel-blessed voice called out. Donghae gulped. “Ye... yeah.”

            “Good. It’s raining and they said it’s going to be on and off. I thought...” Eunhyuk strode into the kitchen and saw Donghae with Jessica far too close to him. Eunhyuk’s mind burned as he showed no emotion. “Hello. My name is Eunhyuk.”

            Jessica smiled cutely. “Jessica. Nice to meet you.” Eunhyuk put the stuff he had in his hands, on the table. Jessica tilted her head to the side and cutely bounced to the rim of the table. “I was just telling Donghae how nice it was here.” she smiled. Eunhyuk nodded calmed.

            “Are you living down the next block?” Eunhyuk asked while taking off his sweater.

            “Nope, I’m living in this apartment. But only for a while...” Jessica droned but Eunhyuk have frozen in place.

            Living in this apartment? Eunhyuk frowned. That’s not possible. I know everyone who lives in this apartment and on this block. I made sure to know everyone and where they live. I would know. Eunhyuk glared Jessica who stopped talking and smiled.

            “Which floor?” he asked. Jessica grinned happily. “First. Room 4.”

            Eunhyuk smirked understanding what he must. Too bad. Mr. Siwon lives in that room. Eunhyuk’s mind went blank with only one thing drumming in his brain. Donghae. Eunhyuk walked over to Donghae and grabbed his hand. “We’ll be right back.”

            Donghae followed and was lead into his and Eunhyuk’s room. Eunhyuk pulled him in and was breathing heavily. “Donghae listen to me. You need to get out of here. Now.” Eunhyuk whispered.

            Donghae looked confused. “What? Why?” Donghae murmured, his expression quickly changing to fear. Eunhyuk shut his eyes. “I’ll tell you everything. Right now, you need to get out. Get out and run.” he said impatiently. “There’s no time.”

            “Eunhyuk, I don’t understand. Why are you...”

            “Listen, she’s an a...” Eunhyuk wasn’t able to finish as slumped to the ground. Donghae jumped back. “Eunhyuk?”

            Donghae glanced up and saw Jessica standing behind Eunhyuk, holding a syringe in one hand. She smirked at Eunhyuk who lay unconscious on the floor then scowled.

            “Not so hot now are ya?” the girl snorted and turned to Donghae. She looked him up and down in disgust and raised an eyebrow. 

 

 

______________________________________________________________________________________

 

I'm sorry buttercups. Please still love me even though there's no nom nom time.

Promise, in the stories next to come.  :P 

Well, only if you still love me.