Chapter 14

To Kill & Love

 

            Eunhyuk breathed deeply. Something warm and heavy was on his chest. He moved around holding whatever it was. He froze. Hmm? He opened his eyes. Donghae was asleep beside him but mostly on top on him. Donghae? Donghae moved and rubbed his face against Eunhyuk’s chest. He then lifted his chin higher so that they were pretty much looking at each other, though Donghae, still asleep.

            Eunhyuk breathed heavily, his heart beating faster. Donghae moved the slightest, then, in his sleep, his lips. Eunhyuk stared at the pale lips. He remembered the game they had played and when their lips had met. His heart jumped in his chest. Any louder and he thought it would wake Donghae.

            He looked at the ceiling and his own lips. His heart thumped in his chest. Eunhyuk closed his eyes. What’s wrong with me? He opened his eyes again. What am I doing? Eunhyuk looked back down at the sleeping face. He loved the way Donghae looked when he slept. Eunhyuk swallowed and carefully moved his arm that was holding Donghae there. Gently, he moved his way around and out of the grasp of Donghae. The couch was too small and he stumbled to the floor. It was freezing. Donghae was still asleep.

            Without truly thinking Eunhyuk walked to the bathroom, the tap and threw the water in his face. What am I doing? What are these... these feelings? All of a sudden there was a knock at the door. Eunhyuk rushed to the door and swung it open.

            Kyuhyun looked at him. He wore a sweater and jeans as Eunhyuk wore a white T-shirt and faded blue jeans. He was still breathing heavily and water wet his hair and the front of his shirt. Kyuhyun raised both eyebrows. “Damn, you’re hot.”

            Eunhyuk blinked. “What?” Kyuhyun ignored him. “Okay so there’s going to be a little party on Christmas Eve. Something like in the evening, but it won’t go too late.” he smiled.

            “Yeah, okay.” Eunhyuk nodded not sure of what else to say. Kyuhyun nodded. “Okay, see ya then muscles.” he called as he walked down the hallway. Eunhyuk blinked again. He closed the door and walked back inside the apartment. I need a shower.

 

                                                          *     *     *     *     *     *     *

 

            “Well, you were asleep, didn’t want you to freeze, then I tripped, then the light went out, but then you grabbed me, so really, I had no cho...” Donghae was interrupted by Eunhyuk who held up his hand for no more. His face was pink. How could I be so careless? He opened his eyes that he had been closing. Donghae was smiling as he ate dry cereal with a glass of milk.

            “What?” Eunhyuk whined. Donghae smiled. “I figured out your secret.”

            Eunhyuk froze. My secret. For a second Eunhyuk was afraid. What does he know?

            “You cuddle in your sleep.” Donghae laughed. Eunhyuk let out the air he had been holding in. He rose and eyebrow and gave Donghae a murderous glare. “So do you. But I knew that months ago.” Eunhyuk grabbed some cereal from Donghae’s bowl and popped it in his mouth. He then cringed and took the glass of milk and gulped it down.

            “Do not!” Donghae yelled in defence. Eunhyuk shook his head. “Do too. I’veexperienced it.” Donghae turned red. “Yeah well, so do you.” he said quickly. Eunhyuk looked at Donghae embarrassed face and smiled. He found himself smiling at him for a while. What am I doing? He put the cup down and walked into the living room. He breathed heavily. He felt hot. He lifted his hand and laid it on his chest. His heart thumped under it. Eunhyuk looked confused and sat on the couch. I don’t understand. He sighed. I don’t understand.

 

                                                          *     *     *     *     *     *     *

 

            “Are you ready?” shouted Eunhyuk. Donghae shouted something Eunhyuk couldn’t understand. “Uh huh.” Eunhyuk laughed. Donghae rushed to Eunhyuk with his shirt half over his head. He struggled for a bit until he finally got it on. “Okay, ready.” he gasped.

            They walked across the hall and knocked on the door. Kibum let them in. They talked until everyone arrived. Once they arrived they started to play the usual games. People began to choose their games. Those who didn’t want to didn’t have to.

            They played mostly everyone’s game. Finally it was the dreaded Heechul’s turn. Heechul just smiled at Leeteuk. Leeteuk was confused till all of a sudden he bowed his head. “Truth or Dare.” he sighed. As if on cue, everyone silently sat down in a giant circle so everyone could see each other. Donghae leaned in to ask Kangin a question.

            “Oh, why do we react like this? Actually it’s not all that bad. Our truth or dare is kind of an emotional, romantic game. You learn things about people and have to do weird things. We’re all used to it. We don’t even mind. We just like to tease Heechul.” he winked. Donghae nodded. Eunhyuk shook his head. Of course. Ryeowook started. “Yesung?”

            “Truth.”

            “Have you ever been in love?”

            Kibum snorted. “Oh, this question’s gonna go around the whole group.” They all laughed. Yesung laughed as well then nodded. “Yeah, I’ve been in love.” He then turned to Leeteuk who responded with dare. The game was hilarious and weird at the same time. People ended up kissing each other on the cheek or lips. Others had to bite toes or ears or even tongues.

            “Eunhyuk.” Hankyung called out. “Truth or dare?” he asked. Eunhyuk thought for a second. “Truth.”

            Hankyung smiled. “I think, since you missed a few of these games before you arrived, you should have to answer three questions.” he raised an eyebrow. Eunhyuk did the same and smirked. “Fine.”

            The others smiled in expectation. “Oh it’s Hankyung... Man he always gets us... Look out.” they laughed. Hankyung looked mysterious. He stared at Eunhyuk.

            “Number one. Have you ever been in love before?” he asked calmly. “Remember, no lies.” he shook his finger. The guys laughed and shook theirs mockingly.

            Eunhyuk stared at Hankyung. He lifted his chin. “No.”

            Hankyung smiled and was laughing and looking at the guys. “Have you,” he paused and faced Eunhyuk. “Ever killed anyone?” They gasped then laughed at the question. Eunhyuk stared at Hankyung his eyes were emotionless. Everyone looked at him expecting an obvious answer. They laughed at the delay.

            Eunhyuk opened his mouth but froze. He looked at Donghae who was laughing at something Sungmin had whispered in his ear. Eunhyuk looked back at Hankyung.

            “Yes.”

            Everyone stopped laughing and talking. Eunhyuk looked around. Nobody moved. The smile on Hankyung’s face disappeared. Eunhyuk looked into each of the people’s eyes. Fear and sudden confusion took its hold there. He didn’t want to look at Donghae. His chest hurt. Not because he wanted to, but Eunhyuk found himself peering at Donghae. Donghae didn’t look afraid. He looked sympathetic.

            “Eunhyuk.” he sighed. He reached for Eunhyuk’s hand. Eunhyuk froze. “Eunhyuk, you can’t blame yourself for your mother’s death.”

            Eunhyuk looked at him. What? The others relaxed and echoed Donghae’s words. “It’s not your fault... Don’t blame yourself... You didn’t kill her.”

            Eunhyuk relaxed. They don’t understand. He sighed then grabbed Donghae’s hand. “Thank you.”

            Hankyung coughed. “Last question.” Eunhyuk nodded.

            “Do you believe in second chances?” He smiled kindly as he said it. Eunhyuk smiled as well. “Yes.” He answered. Everyone nodded. Some laughed and gave high fives to each other. Hankyung pointed to Eunhyuk and smiled.

            “Okay, okay. Um, Sungmin.”

            “Truth.”

            And the game continued. People took their turns. The question of one being in love did go through the whole group. Most answering no, like Donghae, Ryeowook and others. Few answered yes. Heechul, Hankyung, Leeteuk and Yesung were of the few who have been in love.

 

            Heechul had his turn then turned to Donghae and asked what he wanted.

            “Dare?” Donghae shrugged unsure of himself. Heechul smiled evilly. “Time to spice it up.” he chimed. He looked around the room then eyed Eunhyuk. He smiled again.

            “Donghae I dare you to bite then his neck.” Heechul grinned from ear to ear.

            “Who?” Donghae asked. Heechul pointed to Eunhyuk. Donghae froze. The others shook their heads, knowing this moment would come.

            Donghae leaned over toward Eunhyuk. Before he was close enough to bite Heechul snapped his fingers. “Oh, and make it .”

            “What?!” Half of the people in the room yelled at once. Donghae looked at Heechul who smiled. “What? This is my entertainment. Plus you guys were so good before.” People began to nod. Donghae stared in shock, then looked at Eunhyuk who was frozen in place.

            Eunhyuk looked at Donghae then slowly titled his head back an inch. Wow, these people. He sighed and closed his eyes. It was a moment before he felt Donghae move closer.

           

            Donghae slowly moved toward Eunhyuk’s neck. These people... He swallowed. He couldn’t quite reach while sitting on the floor. He crawled closer and leaned in. Whoa! Off balance, he fell forward. He latched his arm around Eunhyuk’s neck and shoulders. When he looked up he was inches from his face. He looked at Eunhyuk’s neck and tilted his head lower.

            Eunhyuk’s smell was overwhelming. He smelled wonderful. Donghae reached his neck. He slowly bit and tugged on it. What else? Oh yeah. He carefully where he had bitten.

            He felt Eunhyuk shivered from under his grasp. He leaned back. “Sorry.” he whispered. Eunhyuk stared at him with wide eyes.

 

            “Sorry.” Donghae whispered. Eunhyuk stared at him. I felt... Eunhyuk was confused. The guys were cheering. Donghae quickly asked Leeteuk which he wanted. He wanted truth. Donghae thought for a second. “Would you do anything for your friends?”

            Leeteuk smiled and nodded. “Good question. The answer?” he paused. “Yes.”

            The rest of the group nodded as if it was the most obvious answer in the world. Leeteuk looked at them. “Would you? If your friend asked you to bury a body, would you? If your friend told you he did bad things, would you still be his friend?”

            The guys thought for a while. Yesung nodded. “Yes, I would.” Slowly after that the others agreed. Leeteuk grinned. “Anyone hungry?”

            The guys cheered and stood up. People groaned and stretched before walking toward the kitchen. Eunhyuk sat down and stretched. Sungmin tugged Donghae into the kitchen. They laughed together.

            Leeteuk shoved Eunhyuk’s arm. “So, buy any presents for anyone?” he asked. Eunhyuk laughed and hesitantly nodded. “You?”

            Leeteuk looked at him and lifted his fingers. “Four.” Eunhyuk nodded. “How did you ever figure out what to get them?” he laughed. Leeteuk shook his head. “Wasn’t easy.” he agreed. Eunhyuk smiled. He’s a good guy. He yawned and stretched, bending backwards. Something touched his stomach.

            “Hmm?” Eunhyuk looked to see who it was. Yesung poked his stomach again. “Kyuhyun was right. You are rock solid.” he grinned. Eunhyuk grinned. He grabbed Yesung hand and placed it on his stomach, then flexed. Yesung eyes went wide. “Wow, remind me to never get in a fight with you.” he laughed. Eunhyuk relaxed and grinned.

            Leeteuk pushed his shoulder. “Awn, but he’s really just a puppy.” Eunhyuk smiled.

            “Donghae?” they heard someone shout from the other room. “Donghae, what's wrong?”

            Donghae? In a split second Eunhyuk was across the room and in the kitchen. Donghae was holding a chair for support, coughing hysterically. Eunhyuk caught him before he fell to the ground. “What happened?” he demanded.

            Sungmin pointed to the chips. “He had a couple of them then he started coughing.” Eunhyuk, with Donghae in his arms grabbed a chip and smelled it. “Shrimp?” he asked. Kyuhyun nodded, confused.