Chapter 12

To Kill & Love

            “Who’s next?” asked Sungmin. The other boys shook their heads. Kangin, who was mad he had lost one round to Sungmin stepped up and placed his arm on the table. “If I win, you wash my clothes for a month. You win, I’ll buy you a cupcake.”

           Sungmin smiled. “One of the pink ones?” Kangin nodded. A cupcake, so simple, fired Sungmin up.

            “Three, two, one!” shouted Kibum. The arm wrestling began again.

            Eunhyuk, Donghae and the others watched to see who would win. They sat and ate chips, cookies, and drank pop. Yesung returned from having to clean up a mess in the kitchen, with Ryeowook and Hankyung. They sat down and started talking.

            Shouts of triumph echoed through out the room. Sungmin stood as tall as he could, which wasn’t that tall, victorious. Kangin shook his head muttering something like ‘because of a cupcake’.

            Leeteuk seizing the opportunity spoke up. “Who’s turn is it next to pick a game? Remember we all need to play it. It’s the rule.”

            “No backing out!” warned  Kyuhyun. The others agreed, again, for the fifth time. Heechul lifted up his arm and the others moaned. “My turn! Everyone in a circle.”

            Everyone placed themselves in a circle. The point of the game was to see how long you could transfer a sheet of paper around the circle. Each time you passed it to another person you would use your mouth, the other person would have to rip off as big of piece they could with their mouth and give it to the next person beside them and so on, until it would be impossible to give it to another person. The person who should have received it but it being to small, would get kicked out of the game.

            Ryeowook sighed. “It’s not as bad as the other ones he usually picks.” The others agreed.

            Heechul decided he would start with the sheet of paper. He passed it Hankyung, who tore a big enough piece. When the piece of paper came to Eunhyuk he easily ripped of a big piece and passed it to Donghae who continued with no problem. After a while it was too small and Kyuhyun couldn’t get it from Sungmin. Kyuhyun was the fist one out. Yesung, Kibum, Kangin were soon out as well. Eunhyuk and Donghae seemed to have all the luck.

            They would rotate ways every time someone was out. After a while, Ryeowook, who was to pass to Hankyung couldn’t get it off his tongue. Both were eliminated.

            The order was now Sungmin, Eunhyuk, Donghae, Leeteuk to then Heechul. Heechul, once again, started. It made it around twice before it began to get smaller. Eunhyuk bit the piece of paper with his teeth and ripped. He sighed in relief. It was big enough. Donghae inched closer and bit the paper, ripping off a piece the size of a quarter. Leeteuk easily took and passed it on.

            Sungmin was eliminated. Leeteuk started again, and passed to Donghae. From the beginning the piece was small. It made it’s way to Heechul. As Heechul passed to Leeteuk, Leeteuk paused and stole a glance at Eunhyuk.

            Eunhyuk was raised an eyebrow. Leeteuk bit the paper and ripped. The piece was tiny. Leeteuk turned toward Donghae who wasn’t sure if he would get a piece. Leeteuk watched Eunhyuk, while Donghae struggled to get any piece at all.

            The guys cheered as Donghae got a piece. Donghae smiled at his victory and turned to Eunhyuk. The paper was in between his lips. It was the only way he could hold it.

            Eunhyuk swallowed. He could see Leeteuk smiling behind Donghae. What is he playing at? Eunhyuk sat back. “I don’t think...”

            “Awe come on... Yeah you can... I’ve done worse, trust me... I’ll do it!” the others boomed. Donghae tilted his face up. The paper was smaller than the normal pinky fingernail. Eunhyuk leaned closer. He could smell Donghae. He smelled sweet. Blood drummed in his ears at he leaned closer.

            He couldn’t figure out how to get the piece of paper without touching his lips. All of a sudden someone pushed him from behind. Their lips met. Donghae stared at Eunhyuk with his eyes wide. Eunhyuk was the same. Eunhyuk recoiled back. The others laughed.

            “Guess you lose.” they laughed. “Or win?” they laughed harder.

            Eunhyuk raised an eyebrow and stuck out his tongue. A very small piece of paper was on the tip. They cheered.

            “My turn!” sang Heechul. He was about to bite Eunhyuk’s tongue but before he could, Hankyung stopped him. “No, you lose.” he warned. Heechul smiled and bit Hankyung’s hand playfully.

            “Eunhyuk you start.” sang Sungmin. Eunhyuk turned toward Donghae as Donghae easily tore off a huge piece. When Donghae turned to Leeteuk, Leeteuk took the end and ripped of the tiny piece. The guys watching leaned closer. Leeteuk turned to Eunhyuk and smiled with the paper still in his teeth. Eunhyuk leaned in and ripped off the smallest piece he could.

            He turned to Donghae who looked shocked. “Okay guys I can’t get that.” the others agreed. Eunhyuk smiled.It worked.

            “So who’s the winner?” asked Heechul. Leeteuk shook his head. “I give up. That makes Eunhyuk the winner.” They cheered.

            Eunhyuk bit his lip and watched Leeteuk smiled at his losing. Before Eunhyuk could think of anything else Yesung said Hankyung had the last game. Hankyung smiled. “I’ll let Heechul choose.”

            The people moaned. Heechul smiled and whispered something in Hankyung’s ear. Hankyung shook his head while smiling. Heechul whispered something else.

            “Not with them here.” Hankyung warned again

            Heechul sighed then smiled brightly. “Truth or Dare?” At once, the people were in unison to say no. They shook their heads and laughed. “Not with you... We know what you will do... Not that again...No.” they murmured. Leeteuk laughed. “Next time, Heechul. Promise.” he tapped his shoulder.

            “Okay then, how about the ‘I love you’ game.” suggested Kyuhyun. They hesitated, remembered Heechul’s games, and nodded happily. “Okay,” Kyuhyun started. “What you need to do is, okay, back in a circle.” they gathered in a circle.

            “Okay, You turn to one of the people on neither side of you and you tell them as romantically as you can that you love them. What they need to do is not laugh. While not laughing they can either say ‘I love you too’ or ‘go away’. If it's ‘go away’ then the person who said ‘I love you’ will turn the other person and do the same thing. If that person says ‘I love you too’ then they tell their next person and so on. Get it?” Kyuhyun looked to see in their were any questions. None.

            “Okay. I’ll start.” he looked to his left. “Sungmin,” he said in a deep voice. People didn’t move as they watched intensely. Kyuhyun continued. “Your cute adorable face makes me smiled every time I see you.” He took Sungmin chin and leaned close. “I... I love you.” he whispered. Sungmin stared in shock. The others were frozen as well.

            All of a sudden everyone began to chuckle hysterically. Sungmin held his poker face. “I... I, I love you too.” he said seriously. The laughing stopped. Kangin opened his mouth. “Are you serious?” The others were curious too.

            The serious Sungmin looked at Kangin. “No.” he said seriously then began laughing. Laughter started up again. “Wow your good... Serious Sungmin scared me for a second... Great job... Convincing!” they chimed.

            The game continued. Most people weren’t able to contain their laughter. For Eunhyuk this was no problem he rejected the person to his left numerous times. Hiding emotion was easy for him. Once again Kibum tried to crack him. Before he could shut him down. Heechul spoke up. “You have to say you love him to at least once.” the other laughed and nodded.

            Eunhyuk sighed. Fine. He faced Kibum. “I love you too.” he said without any emotion.

            “Ouch.” Kibum chuckled. Heechul nodded in approval. “Now tell Donghae you love him.” This caught Eunhyuk by surprise. Love him?

            “Give it a lot of heart and emotion.” Heechul added. The guys laughed. “It’s Eunhyuk, remember... he wouldn’t do that... he can’t beet Kyuhyun.” they said, while others nodded.

            “Hey, it’s not his fault he can’t be romantic. Even if it’s fake.” Leeteuk almost mocked. The others nodded.

            Eunhyuk bit his lip. Can’t pretend? Hah, just watch. He turned to face Donghae who was laughing. “Donghae.” he said seriously. Donghae froze and looked at Eunhyuk. The others were curiously as well. Donghae was too surprised to laugh. “Yes?”

            “Donghae,” Eunhyuk started again. He remembered the bathhouse and Donghae’s sleeping face. “Donghae,” he said in a lower and more seductive voice. “I cannot breath with you in the room. Your very presence make’s me melt.” Eunhyuk reached for Donghae’s jaw, just as Kyuhyun had to Sungmin. “Your angelic face while you sleep,” He his jaw line. “Stops my heart.”

            Eunhyuk soon found himself breathing heavier. His heart pounded in his ears. What is happening? The words flowed. “Donghae,” he leaned in and their cheeks brushed. The heat was intense. “I love you.” his deep voice was barely a whisper.

            It was a couple seconds before he realized he was still holding Donghae’s chin and still touching cheeks. He pulled back. The room was a silent ghost town.

            During the heated scene the others had crowded around the two. Their mouths were open, in shock. Eunhyuk barely noticed them, he was looking at Donghae who was frozen in place. Eunhyuk slowed his breathing. Donghae? Eunhyuk was reaching out to touch him when Donghae, all of a sudden, reached out and grabbed Eunhyuk’s hand. He placed it on his own chest, right above his heart. “Inside here, there’s you.”

            What? Eunhyuk let out a breath he realized he was holding. Donghae gulped. “I love you too.”

            Eunhyuk was breathing hard again. Donghae was also breathing hard. They stared at each other. After a minute of silence, Donghae leaned back and rubbed his neck. “This means we win, right?” he smiled.

            All of a sudden everyone was talking. “Oh my god... That was hot, I’m not even gay!... holy shi – Yes, you win...” everyone talked at once. They began laughing and smacking Eunhyuk and Donghae’s shoulders, congratulating them with having such amazing acting skills.

            “You guys hungry?” asked Yesung, who was obviously hungry. They cheered and made their way to the kitchen. Eunhyuk stood up and looked over at Donghae. He was smiling and walking into the kitchen with the others. That was a surprise. He breathed out. Inside me, there’s you? He smiled to himself.

            Leeteuk walked by and motioned for Eunhyuk to come as well. They made their way to the kitchen. Everyone was already eating. They joined and ate with them. The food was really good.

            After everyone had eaten their share and were full, they played a couple more games. Then, once people began to tire they laid out all the blankets and laid on the floor. It was very crowded. People were leaned up against each other. The light was dim and people were either talking or listening.

            Eunhyuk shuffled around. He looked to his side were Kibum lay. He was talking to Sungmin and Kyuhyun. Eunhyuk looked to his other side. Donghae was on his stomach taking with Ryeowook. They smiled together and laughed. Eunhyuk liked it when Donghae laughed.

            Slowly everyone stopped talking. People began to fall asleep. Heechul and Hankyung slept together. Others whispered quietly, but even they fell asleep very quickly.

            On the one side of Eunhyuk, Donghae breathed gently. Eunhyuk looked at the clock on the far wall. 2:28am. Oh well, that wasn’t that bad. He smiled and closed his eyes.

 

            What? Donghae awoke. He rubbed his eyes and yawned. He squinted to look at the clock. 5:31am. He yawned again and laid back down. He thought about the fun time they had had last night.

            “Donghae,” Eunhyuk leaned in. Their cheeks brushed. “I love you.” his deep voice was barely a whisper.

            Donghae looked to his side. Eunhyuk was sleeping only a couple inches away. He was breathing calmly. That was a shock to me. Donghae sighed. His acting was really good. Donghae breathed heavily. His heart thumped faster in his chest. What... why? He laughed. Wow, it even got me going.

            “I love you.”

            He laughed again. Jeez. I’m tired. He moved into a position that was comfortable for him and fell asleep. Again.