Chapter 20

To Kill & Love

 

            “Heechul.” Hankyung was breathing hard. Heechul stared at him with anxious eyes. Hankyung entwined his finger around the other's fingers. Hankyung, Heechul, Eunhyuk, Donghae and Leeteuk were hiding behind a wall made up of snow.

            “Heechul.” Hankyung said again. “We’re going to make it through this. I promise.” Hankyung ducked lower as he heard angry shouts in the distance from behind the wall. Heechul closed his eyes. “Are you sure?” he asked, his face unsure.

            Hankyung shook his head. “I’m not sure. But I love you.” He kissed Heechul on the lips. Donghae grabbed Heechul’s shoulder then looked at Hankyung. “Are you scared?” he asked them. Heechul nodded and hugged Donghae. Donghae sighed. “Me too.”

 

            Leeteuk peered at Eunhyuk with a concerned expression. Eunhyuk peaked over the edge of the snow wall and quickly ducked down. He grimaced. 

            “How does it look?” Leeteuk asked in a hoarse whisper. Eunhyuk shook his head. Booming shouts sounded on the other side of the wall again. Battle cries. Leeteuk covered his mouth and coughed. He sighed. “It’s hopeless.”

            Eunhyuk shook his head again. “There’s one way.”

            All of a sudden Leeteuk whipped his head face Eunhyuk. He stared wide-eyed. “Are you sure?” he asked. Eunhyuk closed his eyes then nodded. Leeteuk glanced over at Heechul, Hankyung and Donghae. They sat as low as they could.

            “Can you protect them all?”

            Eunhyuk looked at his friends then back at Leeteuk. “Not all of them.” Leeteuk looked down and nodded his head. “Okay. Okay. Let’s do it.”

            Eunhyuk and Leeteuk turned to face the other three. “We have no other choice.” Leeteuk whispered. The other three seemed to understand and nodded dolefully. Donghae put out his hand and the others put theirs on his. Eunhyuk was the last one. “Courage.” he said with strength.

            “Honour.” agreed Hankyung.

            “Stupidity.” Heechul whined. They nodded in agreement. Dropping their hands to the ground, they made white bullets. They sat up and held them dearly to their chest. They began to breath heavily.  

            “It’s been nice knowing you.” Hankyung whispered. They nodded.

            “Ready?”

            They nodded then pounced from where they sat. Destroying the wall of snow, they charged. Eunhyuk observed the scene. Kibum lay on the ground a couple meters away, covered in hits from multiple snowballs. Eunhyuk charged on, knowing it was to late for his past comrade.

            “Ah!” They screamed together. They charged toward a fortress of snow. Kangin laughed evilly as he snipped Hankyung. Heechul screamed and went to go help him though was taken down by one of Kyuhyun’s death shots.

            Leeteuk, Eunhyuk and Donghae were all that was left. They looked at each other and nodded. “To the death!” they bellowed and charged. Snowballs flew their way. Eunhyuk was hit in the arm but kept on. Leeteuk was snipped in the leg yet persisted.

            The people on the other side of the wall screamed. The three idiots broke through their defences and took down Kangin. “No!” he screamed, defeated.

            Eunhyuk looked around. “Where is he?” he demanded. Ryeowook rounded a corner and took down Leeteuk with a snowball to the face. Before he had the chance to reload, Eunhyuk threw his snowball toward him. It nailed him in the chest. “Ah!” Ryeowook screamed.

            Donghae was behind Eunhyuk. They looked at each other and nodded. They ran through the maze of snow walls and pillars. Yesung jumped out of nowhere and threw a white bullet. Eunhyuk dodged and tackled him down, shoving snow in his face. “Go!” He yelled at Donghae. He ran.

            Eunhyuk soon followed. Donghae ran but was then frozen in his tracks. Kyuhyun, the other team’s most prized sniper stood a couple meters away. He held a snowball. It shone in the light. Donghae shivered at the thought of defeat.

            Kyuhyun drew his arm back and threw the snowball.

            “No!” Screamed someone and ran in the way. Donghae looked up and saw Eunhyuk facing him. “Eunhyuk?” Donghae asked.

            Eunhyuk coughed. “Go.” he whispered. All of a sudden he turned around and sniped Kyuhyun in the head. “Ow.” Kyuhyun fell.

            Eunhyuk fell to his knees. “Go.” he whispered and fell on his stomach. Donghae found the place where he was hit. A clump of snow was at the base on his neck. Snow melted down his back. Donghae grimaced at the coldness. He ran once again.

            Donghae finally found the person they had been looking for. Sungmin sat on a thrown of snow. He wore a pink hat that resembled a jokers hat. Bells jingled on the ends. He grinned evilly. He held a perfectly round snowball. 

            “You.” Donghae murmured.

            Sungmin smirked. “You took down my team I see.” Donghae smirked as well. “You took down mine.” He then laughed evilly. “And now, I’m gonna take you down.” Donghae pulled his arm from behind his back and threw the snowball.

            “Ah!” Sungmin ducked. It missed. Sungmin threw his. It missed entirely. Donghae charged and tackled Sungmin.

            “No, no, no, no! Please!” Sungmin laughed. Donghae smiled. They wrestled on the ground. Sungmin giggled. Donghae grabbed a bunch of snow. Sungmin screamed. “Ah!” his girly scream echoed. Donghae drove the snow down his back.

            “No! Screamed Sungmin. He wreathed on the ground. “Cold, cold, cold! Meanie! Ah, it’s cold.” he screamed. Donghae laughed and stood victorious.

            “This is Sparta!” he yelled then laughed happily.

            “Never.” Sungmin jumped up from the ground and tackled Donghae to the ground, shoving snow down his chest. “Ah! Cold!” Donghae screamed.

            “Yeah?” Sungmin laughed. They laughed together and winced at the cold in their shirts and coats.

            “Okay, okay. You guys win.” Kyuhyun walked up with Eunhyuk holding him up. A white patch was on the side of Kyuhyun’s tuque where Eunhyuk had hit him. They smiled together. One by one the others came. Donghae’s team and Sungmin’s team laughed together.

            “Man, you guys just kept hitting me with snowballs.” complained Kibum.

            “You were an easy target.” Kangin laughed at him.

 

            It was February 6th and the snow was sticky enough to stick together; thus resulting in a giant snowball fight. Eunhyuk and Donghae hadn’t changed much since new years. They hadn’t kissed either since that time.

 

            Leeteuk sat on the ground. “Good game guys.” he smiled. They laughed and nodded. After a few short minutes they unanimously decided to go Donghae and Eunhyuk’s house. They were all cold and in need of warmth.

            “Great.” Eunhyuk sighed then smiled.

 

            Once inside from their game Donghae immediately started making hot chocolate. Ryeowook helped him.

            After they had finished making the wonderful drinks, they brought them to the living room and gave one cup to each person. The group sipped on the hot, sweet liquid happily. It warmed their bodies within seconds.

           

            “This is really good. Thanks Donghae. Oh sorry, you too Ryeowook.” Kangin lifted his cup to recognize Ryeowook’s work, making sure he didn’t think he forgot about him. Ryeowook smiled and drank from his own cup.

            Leeteuk was lying on the floor with his eyes closed; sleeping. They had all found out that he could sleep through anything if he wished. Kyuhyun sat beside the sleeping beauty and talked with Kibum and Hankyung.

           

            “Here?” Donghae asked. Heechul nodded his head, smiling. “Of course. We haven’t had one here yet. It’d be fun. Your living room is a pretty big size.” Heechul smiled and rubbed his chin, thinking of all the possibilities. Yesung grinned and shook his head.

            “Donghae, what do you say?” asked Sungmin. Donghae nodded and turned to Eunhyuk who shrugged.

            “Guess that’s a yes.” smiled Heechul. “I’ll go get my stuff!” he yelled. People around him looked at him then at Donghae, who just shrugged. They cheered when they heard the news. They left only to return moments later with sleep wear and sleep gear.

            Leeteuk hadn’t budged as Kangin dropped some blankets and pillows for them on his body. Eunhyuk brought out mats and what few blankets they had.

            Donghae emerged from their room wearing pyjama pants and a navy T-shirt. In his hand he carried his fishy blanket.

            All of a sudden Kangin burst out laughing. “It’s so funny!” he laughed crazily. When the other saw the blanket, they smiled. Sungmin and Ryeowook reached out to feel it as Donghae sat down beside them.

            “It’s so cute.” Sungmin giggled. Ryeowook was feeling its softness and touching the fishy lips. Donghae smiled and nodded bashfully.

 

            Eunhyuk watched Donghae smile with his friends then shifted his gaze and continued to talk to Yesung.

           

                                                            *     *     *     *     *     *     *

 

            “1:38 am?” Ryeowook yawned and laid down. “It’s not that late.” he yawned again. Yesung patted his shoulder and smiled. Half of the guys were already asleep. The others; whispering to each other.

            Eunhyuk was staring at the ceiling when someone touched his shoulder. Eunhyuk moved onto his stomach and put his chin on his arms. Leeteuk was the same and looked at Eunhyuk.

            “This as fun.” he whispered. Eunhyuk nodded. He was pretty sure he and Leeteuk were the only ones left awake.

            Leeteuk sighed and yawned. “How long have you been here now?” He blinked a couple times. Eunhyuk thought for a moment. He usually didn’t keep track of the time he spent anywhere.

            “Six months, I think.” Eunhyuk replied in a whisper. Leeteuk nodded and smiled. “It’s been great with you guys here. I feel like we’re complete. Ah, jeez.” Leeteuk laughed quietly and slapped his face gently. “I sound so sappy.”

            Eunhyuk laughed and nodded. “That’s okay. We like it here.” he agreed. Leeteuk yawned and flipped himself over. “That’s good.”

            Eunhyuk did the same and lifted the covers over his body. He once again resumed watching the ceiling that would never move. Six months. He sighed and grinned carefully. Longest place I’ve ever stayed at. Eunhyuk looked over and saw Donghae sleeping next to Sungmin. The fishy blanket covered his body. Eunhyuk smiled and closed his eyes.