Chapter 18

To Kill & Love

 

            “Let’s go!” Donghae shouted. Eunhyuk and Donghae were walking down the sidewalk. The streets were buzzing. Everything was lighted. Many coloured lights were wrapped around the streets lamps and on the stores. Eunhyuk looked at his watch. 7:16pm. He sighed. It was dark outside already.

            Eunhyuk looked up. “Donghae?” he stood higher. “Donghae?” he yelled. People were buzzing around. They were everywhere.

            “... Eunhyuk?” he heard someone called his name. He turned around and walked in that direction. He saw Donghae trying to go on his tiptoes. His back was to Eunhyuk. Eunhyuk grabbed him. “Hey, don’t get lost. Stay by my side.” All of a sudden Eunhyuk remembered last night.

 

            Eunhyuk stared at Donghae in his arms. His heart beat faster. Donghae, I... He leaned in unable to stop himself. I... He touched his lips to Donghae’s and kissed him.

 

            Eunhyuk coughed. “Um, let’s go.” He felt someone grab the sleeve of his coat. He looked down and saw Donghae holding it looking around, smiling. Eunhyuk flushed under his scarf and smiled.

            They trudged the crowded streets and gazed at all the lights. A new year was truly one of the most beautiful times of the year. Snow covered the dirty ground, leaving it pure and sparkling in content. The two boys walked around, leaving their footsteps behind them with the freshly fallen snow. Their footprints; never more than a meter away from one another. They stopped for candy apples. Donghae, to be expected, dropped his. When he looked at Eunhyuk with such big brown puppy eyes, Eunhyuk gave him his before anyone else had the pleasure to.

            “Thanks.” Donghae smiled angelically, still embarrassed. Eunhyuk laughed.

           

            As they walked down the streets something caught Donghae’s eye. He tugged Eunhyuk towards it and pleaded him to come with him. Eunhyuk looked at what Donghae was looking at and shook his head. Donghae pleaded and pleaded until Eunhyuk couldn’t take any more of it.

            Once inside Donghae asked the person over the counter for two pairs of skates. The woman handed him the skates and Donghae bounded over to Eunhyuk who sat uncomfortably and pouted.

            “Here.” Donghae handed him his pair. Eunhyuk took them and looked at them. Donghae sat down and tied his on his own feet. Eunhyuk tried to tie his when Donghae laughed at his multiple horrible attempts.

            “You have to tie them tight. Tight, or else they’ll come off.” He smiled. Eunhyuk nodded and tied them as tight as he could. After numerous tries, Donghae finally helped him and put them on. Not too tight and not loose. Eunhyuk thanked him and they walked to the ice rink.

            Donghae glided on the ice. Forgetting something he looked around and saw Eunhyuk still on the carpet. Like a swan, he skated toward him.

            “Hey, come on.” he chimed. Eunhyuk nodded and stepped on the ice. Immediately he fell. He murmured something Donghae couldn’t hear.

            “You okay?” Donghae asked as he tried to help Eunhyuk up. Eunhyuk grabbed the border to brace himself. His face was a deep colour of red. For a second Donghae was worried he was mad at him. Then, Donghae stared with his mouth open.

            “You,” He paused then laughed. “You can’t skate.” Eunhyuk held the border and tried no to fall down. Donghae giggled. The amazing Eunhyuk, who can do just about anything, cannot skate. Eunhyuk looked at him and slipped again.

            Donghae caught him. “Jeez. You should have told me.” he said between his teeth as he lifted Eunhyuk up.

            “Didn’t think about it.” murmured Eunhyuk who was grabbing the side and Donghae to keep balance.

            Donghae grinned. “Okay, here I’ll teach you. First keep you ankles straight and feet straight.” Donghae showed Eunhyuk, who copied him. “Okay good, now slowly...” Donghae spent a moment showing Eunhyuk the basics to skating. After a while Eunhyuk was doing well. He no longer held the border. He was slow but Donghae didn’t mind in the slightest.

            “Hey this isn’t so bad.” Eunhyuk looked pleased. Donghae laughed as Eunhyuk moved around sloppily. He was getting better and moved a little faster. Donghae smiled as he watched Eunhyuk skate by himself. He looks like a kid. Donghae hovered over to Eunhyuk.

            “This is – whoa!” Eunhyuk fell forward. Donghae caught him and wrapped his arms around him. That was close. Donghae looked down as Eunhyuk looked up. His eyes were wide and absolutely captivating. Donghae noticed Eunhyuk’s cheeks were pink. It was cold out. Donghae realized he was still holding him.

            “Um, you okay?” He gently released his arms. Eunhyuk nodded then slipped again. Jeez! Donghae grabbed his hand. His heart began to flutter. Donghae’s face flushed. Eunhyuk didn’t seem to notice. He held on tighter trying to keep his balance and concentration.

            Donghae was beaming and he squeezed Eunhyuk’s hand tighter.

 

            After they finished skating, and Eunhyuk enthusiastically took off the skates, they walked around the rink to a park they had seen while skating. Lights were strung up and were connected from tree to tree. There were many people in the park. Cute little shops were filled with girls and boys buying souvenirs and all sorts of things.

            Donghae decided to explore one of the stores. Eunhyuk followed. Donghae smiled as he held up items he thought were either cute or nice. The store was warm and had a pleasant glow to it. Donghae grabbed a necklace with a monkey on it. 

            “Hey, it’s a monkey.” he smiled. Eunhyuk walked over and looked at the necklace. It was a chain with a piece of metal in the shaped of a rectangle on the end. A monkey face was engraved on is. Eunhyuk smiled. “Hey, that’s nice.” Donghae held it up to Eunhyuk. “It kind of looks like you.” he laughed.

            Eunhyuk grinned then picked up a bracelet. It had a thick enough chain and was connected to a piece of metal in the shape of a rectangle; same as the necklace. On this one there was a fish engraved on it. Eunhyuk smiled.

            “You should get this.” he teased. Donghae looked at the bracelet. “Hey, I like it.”

            “I’ll get that one,” Eunhyuk pointed to the one in Donghae’s hands. “If you get this one.” he reasoned. Donghae grinned and nodded his head excitedly.

            Once they bought them then exited the store they continued walking. Donghae looked at his new bracelet. Eunhyuk’s bounced off his chest as he walked.

            “They’re a pair. They match. That’s cool.” Donghae noticed. Eunhyuk looked at Donghae’s then at his around his neck. “Oh, so they do.”

            They continued to walk in the park, occasionally stopping and admiring the scenery.

 

            Eunhyuk looked at his watch 10:27pm. We still have time. Donghae pulled on his sleeve and they walked to another food cart. This time it was a hot chocolate stand.

            Eunhyuk cradled the cup in his hand. He felt the warmth of the cup seep through his new mittens. It felt nice. He glanced and saw Donghae trying to sip from the cup but kept hesitating.

            “It’s hot. Be careful.” warned Eunhyuk just in time. Donghae held the cup in his hands and smiled brightly.

           

            They later found themselves with a large group of people. In no rush, they followed them. They group took them to a shrine and people in pairs would walk up the steps, bow, then leave. Eunhyuk and Donghae walked up together and rang the bell. They clapped their hands together and bowed. After a couple seconds they walked down the steps and out to the side.

            Donghae sighed and smiled. “This has been fun.” Eunhyuk nodded. Their breath surrounded them. After long done finishing their cups of hot chocolate they were disposed of in the trash a couple meters away from the shrine.

            Eunhyuk grabbed Donghae’s sleeve. “Ready to head for home?” After a second Donghae nodded. They began to walk through the crowd and towards the sidewalk that would take them out of the park. It was a nice long walk.

            After making it out of the park they walked down the streets and sat at a bus stop. Eunhyuk looked over to see Donghae yawn then sigh. I hope he had a good time. “Did you have fun?” he found himself asking out loud.

            Donghae nodded and asked him the same question. Eunhyuk thought for a second, which made Donghae worry.

“Yes, I did.” he finally said, glowing.

            Once boarded on the bus they sat quietly and gazed out the window.

            The bus let them off at their street, and they walked towards their apartment. Eunhyuk sighed and looked at his watch. 11:53pm. Oh. I almost forgot. He turned to Donghae. “Hey, come on. Follow me.”

            “Wha – whoa.” Eunhyuk grabbed Donghae arm and tugged him towards their apartment. Once inside Eunhyuk led them higher and higher up the steps.

            “Where are we going?” asked Donghae breathing heavily. Eunhyuk smiled. “Just wait.” he whispered. They arrived at the top of the stairs and Eunhyuk opened the door to the rooftop. The sky was clear and stars shone brilliantly. The night air was cool and a little nippy

            Donghae stared at the stars. He lifted his arm as if to touch the sky. Only a fool wouldn’t accept Donghae’s touch. The stars flashed in modesty. Donghae felt so close to them. “Wow, it’s beautiful.” He gawked at the sky.

            Eunhyuk gazed at Donghae. “Yes, it is.” he whispered. He looked at his watch then into the sky. He sighed and closed his eyes.

           

            Donghae looked over and saw Eunhyuk with his eyes closed facing the sky. Really, beautiful. He sighed happily. His heart jumped in his chest. Donghae grabbed his coat near his heart. Eunhyuk, ... He closed his eyes. Eunhyuk, I... He opened his eyes.

 

            Eunhyuk looked at his watch again. 11:59pm. He smiled then looked at Donghae who had his eyes closed. All of a sudden Donghae blinked and focuses on Eunhyuk. Eunhyuk’s heart began to beat faster. He gulped and turned to face Donghae directly. Donghae. I lov...

            “I love you.” Donghae said quickly.

            Eunhyuk froze. What?

            All of a sudden a loud bang rang in his ears. The sky was then filled with lights. Eunhyuk stared at Donghae. “You lo…”

            Donghae kissed him.

 

 

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Thank you, my little buttercup flowers, for your comments. Merci beaucoup!! 

 

Anyways. I love youuu. Comment. Subscribble. Become my lover. Saranghae <3