Chapter 10

To Kill & Love

 

            Eunhyuk looked at the wonderful food in front of him then at Donghae. That really surprised me. Eunhyuk remembered opening the door and having an arm and shoe fly his way. He ducked out of the way, but then a whole body fell on top of him.

            Eunhyuk cleared his throat then grabbed the utensils he needed and started to eat. Donghae was ahead of him, filling his mouth with food.

            They ate happily. They filled themselves as much as they wanted to. Out of the corner of his eye, Eunhyuk saw two heads poke through the door. When he looked they were gone. He grumbled, annoyed, and then began to eat again.

 

            After Donghae and Eunhyuk had finished and everything was cleared from their room, they set out the sleeping supplies; two mats and blankets.

            They laid down on their mats and put what blankets they had over top of them. The cool air chilled their blankets until their own body heat couldn’t heat them up. Eunhyuk felt the cold, yet did not give it any mind. He could endure far worse. He heard Donghae shiver on the mat a meter away from him. He won’t freeze. He shuffled around. He heard Donghae move and shiver again. Eunhyuk closed his eyes. He could hear the sound of Donghae’s teeth clattering together. He winced at the sound. Jeez. He opened his eyes. “Donghae,” he said, pausing to get his attention. “You can move your mat over here and I can share the blankets with you.” he said monotonously.

 

            Donghae laid on his mat and stared at the ceiling. Ghost. He thought he heard a noise. Is that the ghost? He shivered at the thought of the ghost in his room. No ghost! Go away! He chattered his teeth together.

            “Donghae,” he heard Eunhyuk mumbled. Eunhyuk? Eunhyuk continued, “You can move your mat over here...” With that heard, Donghae quickly got up and shuffled everything toward Eunhyuk. As fast he could he crawled back into his and the new blankets.

            Hah. Stupid ghost. Donghae yawned and moved around seeking a heat source. He found one. He breathed in and out. Hm, smells good. Donghae immediately fell asleep.

 

            Eunhyuk watched as Donghae quickly shuffled over his mat then lay down quickly. Eunhyuk relaxed and closed his eyes. He could hear Donghae move closer until he was right beside him. Donghae? Eunhyuk opened his eyes and looked to his side. Donghae slept quietly.

            Eunhyuk sighed and slowly fell asleep.

 

                                                          *     *     *     *     *     *     *

 

            The next day they spent outside. They walked in the park just outside the bathhouse. They took multiple baths. They ate lunch and supper, once again filling them selves to the max. The day ended and they slept again, together. Eunhyuk had been wary about how Donghae had acted all day. He seemed cautious and he himself, wary of everything around him.

            The next day they spent indoors for the cold was beginning to take over the season even more so.

            Donghae and Eunhyuk sat in the bathhouse once again. The pool was warmer and the air, colder. Donghae stretched. “Supper was really good.” he yawned. Eunhyuk nodded. They relaxed.

            The wind blew, which was chilly, but it felt nice with the hot water from the pool. Out of nowhere a faint whistle was heard. Donghae straightened up. “Did you here that?” The sound rang out again. It sounded like faint whispering or a soft cry. Donghae slowly moved closer toward Eunhyuk who paid no mind to the sound.

            “Eunhyuk, you know, I heard that there was ghost haunting this bath house.” Donghae murmured. Eunhyuk sighed and closed his eyes, “Uh huh.”

            “No, not uh huh. It’s a ghost. Like oooh.” Donghae lifted his arms and waved them around. “I hate ghosts.”

            Eunhyuk yawned and grabbed his bathrobe. “I’m going to bed.” He got out of the water then paused. “Are you going to stay with the ghost or come with me?” he asked. Immediately Donghae lunged for his robe, put it on and was in front of Eunhyuk, making his way inside.

            Eunhyuk smiled then looked back outside into the sky. He thought he’d heard something move. He listen but heard nothing. He sneered then chuckled.

 

                                                          *     *     *     *     *     *     *

 

            Donghae yawned as he climbed into the blankets. “It’s too bad we could only stay for three nights. But it’s okay.” he yawned again.

            Eunhyuk was already on his mat. Donghae looked over to see Eunhyuk grimace.  He’s been acting weird. Donghae yawned again. No ghost is going to get me. He smiled and closed his eyes.

           

            Eunhyuk stared at the roof. Hm, Donghae’s been acting weird. Ghost? He shook his head then closed his eyes.

            Eunhyuk woke up a couple hours later. Hmm? He listened and heard whispers scamper down the hall. He growled. This has gone on long enough. Carefully, Eunhyuk slid out of bed.

 

                                                          *     *     *     *     *     *     *

 

            The next morning when Donghae and Eunhyuk woke up, they packed their things and got ready to leave. They folded up all the blankets and cleaned the room. As they walked out of the house a little old lady stood in front of the door.

            “We hope you had a nice stay. Sleep well?” she asked. Eunhyuk and Donghae nodded. The little old lady nodded. “Well that’s good. Two of our employees said that last night when they were up, don’t know why they would be up at a time like that, they said they saw a ghost in the mist. But before they could see it again, it was gone. They also said they could find their yukata’s...” the old lady trailed off. “Silly girls. They always want to have fun with the newcomers. Oh well. Have a wonderful day.” she waved them off.   

            Donghae scratched his neck. “See, I knew it. That ghost was haunting that place.” Eunhyuk nodded and yawned. Donghae raised and eyebrow. “Did you sleep well?”

            “Yes, yes I did.” Eunhyuk smiled as they loaded their luggage into the cab. “To bad they didn’t.”