Lady Gaia

Hey, Sharon.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Third Person POV


"T MINUS TEN, NINE, EIGHT.."

"Chaeyoung, I need you to say those words to me. One last time. Please." Mina pleads. Her voice was small and quivering. She had given up.

"I will. I will say it to you everyday. Every night before you sleep and every morning when you wake up. Mina I will save you. This isn't it for us." Chaeyoung says as she is still trying her best to stop the countdown.

"FIVE, FOUR.."

"Please Chae.." Mina croaks out.

"I-i love you. I love you so so much." Chaeyoung says. Her fingers were still working on the keyboard. She refused to give up. She hated how broken and sad Mina sounded. She couldn't give up.

"I love you too." Mina replies.

"THREE, TWO, ONeEe."

At "one" the robotic voice distorted and the flashing red light around the room came to a stop.

Chaeyoung was flabbergasted by this. She looked up to the big screen to see the big red sign showing "T - 0:01".

It stopped on one. But that didn't make any sense to her.

Chaeyoung looked down at the small monitor infront of her which now showed a different window. It says that she passed through the security but she remembers there still being two whole lines of code she had to get through.

Chaeyoung knows she didn't manage to get past the security so why did it stop?

She pushed all these thoughts to the back of her mind. Right now it doesn't matter how it happened. She needed to get Mina out of there.

There was still a whole army of guards that were making their way down to them. They needed to get out fast.

Chaeyoung got into the chamber controls using the small monitor infront of her and pressed the eject button.

"Mina? Can you hear me?" She asked.

"I can Chaeyoungie. But I feel sleepy.. like I'm losing.. consciousness." Mina said as her voice faded.

This meant that it worked right? Chaeyoung thought. She had doubts clawing in her belly. Multiple scenarios of things going wrong running through her mind.

The small span of time where Mina stopped talking was like torture for Chaeyoung.

The chamber slowly descends closer to the floor and it turns horizontal.

The greenish liquid inside slowly drains until half of the cylinder chamber is empty and Mina's body is floating in the liquid.

Chaeyoung steps closer to the chamber taking in every detail of Mina's weak looking face. How different she looks from the persona she had been seeing, but at the same time she had that familiarity about her.

She still had those gorgeous small lips. Her eyes were the same shape. Her fluffy cheeks however, weren't there anymore.

The side of the chamber slowly opens as the cables connected to Mina's body detach by itself.

Chaeyoung doesn't waste any time nor does she hesitate before putting both her hands in the greenish liquid as she pulled Mina's body up to a bridal hold.

Mina was here in Chaeyoung's arms. She was breathing and that gave Chaeyoung some peace of mind.

"Well well well. Who do we have here." A woman's voice made Chaeyoung jolt and turn with Mina in her arms.

Standing infront of her was a woman in a red suit wearing a black face mask covering and half her face.

She had a gun in her left hand. A white revolver that she was slowly putting bullets in.

"W-who are you?" Chaeyoung blurted. It was the first thing that came to her mind and it just rolled of her tongue in the moment of fear.

"Lady Gaia is what people call me." The woman said as she finished loading her gun.

"But since you won't live long anyways. I'll tell you my name." The woman says and she takes off her mask.

"Bae joohyun. Or irene if you prefer." The woman said with a sadistic smile on her face.

Chaeyoung remained silent as she though of ways to escape without getting herself or Mina hurt. It didn't help that Mina was unconscious right now. That makes chances of making a successful escape really slim.

"You must be Jinyoung's brat." The woman said with venom laced in her tone.

Chaeyoung was so scared that she was shaking right down to her bones. She was trying her hardest to hide that fact.

The confident smile on Irene's face however says that Chaeyoung wasn't hiding that fact well enough.

"You know, your father used to be my business partner." The woman said.

"I hated him. He was naive and stupid. A self righteous idiot." The woman said.

Chaeyoung's fear quickly turned to anger as she heard this woman ridicule her father.

She kept shut. She couldn't afford to make any rash decisions. Not when she had Mina in her arms.

"He disagreed with the vision i had for subject thirteen. She could have been such a useful weapon. We could've used her to take down all our enemies. We would have been unstoppable." The woman says with a psychotic grin on her face.

She walks a few steps closer to Chaeyoung making her back away until her back hit the glass chamber Mina was in.

"But what does he do with all that power? He makes it a maid for his daughter. Pathetic!" The woman spits in anger.

"Even in his death he mocks me. He made all my dreams come true. He made my perfect weapon a reality... but he made it so that it would listen and obey only one person." The woman says as her gaze locks on to Chaeyoung's.

"You!" She says with venom laced in her tone as she points the revolver at Chaeyoung.

Chaeyoung had never heard such resentment such pure anger in someone voice ever.

"She... She's not a weapon. She's not some object that you can just use. She's a person like you and me. My father knew I would save her from this hellhole that is why he gave her to me." Chaeyoung says trying to calm her shivering voice.

"Someone like you doesn't deserve to be anywhere near someone like Mina." Chaeyoung says firmly.

The woman just laughs. A maniacal laugher that rings through the hallway.

"You know what? I'm not even going to get my hands dirty. The guards will be here any second and I'll let them kill you." The woman says as she lowers her gun.

"My apologies madam, but that won't be happening." A man's voice is heard in the room.

Both Chaeyoung and Irene look at the entrance to see a guy clad in a black suit.

"Bang chan?" Chaeyoung mumbles as she sees the man walking to her.

Chan stops right infront of Chaeyoung and Mina as he looks at irene.

"What is the meaning of this Christopher?" Iren

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter