Let's Play

Hey, Sharon.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Third Person POV

Chaeyoung ran as fast as her little legs could carry her. Surprisingly for nayeon, it was pretty damn fast. She lost chaeyoung around the corner after she descended the stairs in a superhuman pace.

She immediately got out of the school grounds not caring about the mountain of school rules she was breaking right now. She just ran as the tears streamed down her face.

Chaeyoung didn't even know that her nayeon unnie was running after her. She just hated those disgusted stares of her school mates. She hated the whispers she heard, She hated that tzuyu was the reason for it, She hated it so much that she couldn't stay there any longer.

Her legs came to a halt when she reached a gate of a park. She recognized the place. It was the same park she and tzuyu used to come to. She walked along the stone pathway as she reached a wooden bench.

The same one where they sat and watched the sunset. The same one where chaeyoung fell asleep on tzuyu. Chaeng felt stupid crying harder after seeing a bench but she couldn't help it.

Memories of her bestfriend started flooding her mind and every sweet memory ended with tzuyu shouting 'you ing lied to me chaeyoung!' at her. Chaeyoung's mind was torturing her right now and she felt like she had absolutely no control over anything that was happening.

She walked to the bench and sat on it as she tried to recollect herself.

"Bad day?" A male voice asked in English. Chaeyoung heard an Australian accent in there.

Chaeyoung's father made her take English and Japanese lessons when she was young to prepare her for when she would be leading the company. So she has heard a fair share of accents and dialects. Enough to know an aussie accent when she hears one.

She looked up at the foreign sounding stranger. To her surprise it was someone she recognized almost instantly.

That distinct scar on his cheek was impossible not to notice.

"*sniff* it's you again. I told you. *sniff* Sharon is not for sale." Chaeyoung said in a croaky voice. She was too tired from all the running and crying to be angry and shout at this person. She hoped he wouldn't make her mad like that disgusting pimp that met her at the party asking for the same thing.

"I'm flattered you remember me Ms.son. and no I'm not on business at the moment." He said with a friendly smile.

"Bang chan right? From *sniff* Gaia inc.?" Chaeyoung asked still sniffling. Her eyes were red from crying and there were still stray tears gliding down her cheeks.

"Yes, may i?" He asked motioning to the seat next to her. Chaeyoung nodded letting him take a seat next to her.

When chaeyoung first met bang chan he was in an all black suit that coupled with the small scar on his face made him look intimidating. Now however, he was wearing a simple shirt and Jeans. Still in all black but he looked more like a normal guy.

Chaeyoung looked over to the guy sitting next to her. 'He must really like black.' She said to herself. Chaeyoung also noticed his posture. He wasn't slouching. He was seated upright with one leg draping over the other. His left hand was placed on the bench hand rest as he played with his phone.

"er?" He asked pointing his hand at chaeyoung. Chaeyoung looked at the guy in disbelief. Her face showed nothing but hurt. She started crying harder again.

"I'm not a er! You meanie! Waah!" She started fully crying while rubbing her eyes with her hands like she was a baby. Bang chan who was sat next to her panicked.

"No no. That's not what I meant Ms.Son I was just asking if you'd like a lollipop." He said as he tried to calm the girl who was wailing next to him.

Chaeyoung stopped for a moment and looked at the arm that was pointed at her. There was indeed a lollipop in his hand. She timidly took the candy out of his hand now embarrassed at her sudden outburst.

She mumbled a thank you and unwrapped the candy and put it in . She let out a satisfied sigh as she tasted the candy. It was strawberry flavored and chaeyoung adored anything and everything strawberry.

"Do you come here often?" He asked looking at the scenery.

"*sniff* I used to, I only came here... with my bestfriend." Chaeyoung said sadly as she tried to clean her tear stained face with the sleeves of her shirt.

"Here" she looked up to see bang chan handing her a handkerchief. She took it and cleaned her face with it.

"Thank you." She said as she gave it back to him. He just smiled and shoved it back into his pocket.

Chaeyoung gazed at the guy sitting next to her. He was just sitting there looking at the scenery. He had a constant slight smile on his face. Or was he even smiling? Maybe not. He didn't say a thing. They just sat there but somehow someone being next to her made her feel better. She stopped crying.

Chaeyoung's phone started ringing bringing both of them out of their respective daze. Bang chan looked at chaeyoung and chaeyoung immediately looked down and started fumbling with her pocket to try to take her phone out.

Chan just smiles at the girl being embarrassed because she got caught staring. Chaeyoung puts the phone to her ear.

"Hello?"

"Yes."

"I'm at a park."

"No unnie I'm not going back to school."

"No, don't. You'll get in trouble."

"Okay..."

"I'll meet you at the entrance. It's the park near the school."

"Okay."

Chaeyoung puts her phone down and sighs.

"A friend?" Bang chan asks. Chaeyoung looks at him and nods. "Yeah. My unnie. She's coming to get me." She says as she stands up and fixes her clothes.

"Thank you for keeping me company. It helped." Chaeyoung says with a little smile. Bang chan stands up too and faces her.

"It's a pleasure to be of an assistance Ms.son." he says reverting back to his butler-ish demeanor.

"Please, Call me chaeyoung. I don't like being called Ms.Son it's weird." Chaeyoung says shaking her hand infront of her face as a sign of dismissal.

Bang chan looked at chaeyoung like she grew a second head. Like she said the weirdest thing in the world. But his look of confusion quickly changed to a small friendly smile.

"I'll keep that in mind." He says. Chaeyoung gives him a dimpled smile before waving at him and taking off to meet her unnie.

He looked at her little frame retreating back along the stone path.

When she was out of sight he takes his left hand to his ear and starts talking.

"So? Did you get anything?" He asks.

"No sir. The only tech she had on her was her phone. We couldn't find the AI's signature on it." The person talked in his earpiece.

"Well that makes our job easier. That means she doesn't keep it on her at all times." Bang chan says to the team on the other side.

He takes another look towards the way chaeyoung went and starts walking the other way.


Chaeyoung reached the gate of the park where she sees her nayeon unnie there waiting for her. As soon as nayeon saw chaeyoung she immediately ran to her and pulled her into a hug.

Chaeyoung felt her tears well up again but kept it back. "I'm okay unnie." She says her voice muffled by nayeon's chest. Nayeon quickly pulls chaeyoung away from their hug and starts talking.

"I'm sorry chaeng. I should've stopped her. I told you to force her to talk. I'm sorry." Nayeon frantically apologizes as she held onto chaeyoung's face with both hands squishing it.

"Iss okway." Chaeyoung says again through her squished cheeks. That was all she could tell her unnie. That she was okay. Although she wasn't.

"Do you want to go home? I'll go with you." Nayeon asks taking chaeyoung's hand. Chaeyoung shakes her head at her unnie but smiles at her nonetheless.

She's more than grateful to have an unnie like her. To have someone that cared so much for her that they would cry just seeing her in pain. Right now however chaeyoung needed some time for herself. Time to recollect and heal. She still doesn't quite understand the situation she's in right now.

She understands that tzuyu is mad about her closeness with mina but what she doesn't understand is why she thought they were dating. 'Minari is not even a real person. Why would I be dating her? Why would tzuyu think that?' Chaeyoung thought to herself.

She shrugs the thought off as she redirects her attention to her unnie that's standing infront of her waiting for an answer.

"No unnie. You should go back to school. You'll get in trouble. Besides, I kinda want some time by myself." Chaeyoung worded carefully so that her unnie wouldn't take the wrong idea and be hurt by this. She loved that nayeon was here for her but right now she needed to be by herself.

"Okay but atleast let me drive you back. I brought Jeong's car." She said not letting go of chaeyoung's hand.

"Okay." Chaeyoung replied softly as nayeon pulled her towards the road where she had parked Jeongyeon's car. Nayeon drove chaeyoung to her home.

With a few hesitant looks and a confirmation from chaeyoung that this is indeed what she needs, Nayeon left the house to go back to school.

Chaeyoung entered her house both mentally and physically exhausted from her ordeal at school today. She was feeling like . Her eyes were puffy and red from crying. She couldn't stop thinking about how tzuyu looked at her in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter