The Dream

Hey, Sharon.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chae POV

"Where?" I mumbled as I slowly opened my eyes. I saw a sky filled with stars, but this couldn't be real. I see two moons and what looks like a spaceship in the distance.

"Cool~" I cooed as I stood up. I looked around at the environment I'm in. Purple grass, glowing trees, flying creatures I've never seen before. It's a bewildering sight.

"Am I in one of dad's games?" I ask myself as I walk around a bit. I aww at the little creatures running near my feet. They seem to be a combination of rabbits and hamsters, small fluffy little guys with long ears. Cute~~

"This does look like dad's art" I said as I walk towards a stone pathway. I see a man wearing a lab coat in the distance with his back to me. A lab coat with doodles of flowers and derpy characters at the bottom of it. Doodles that I drew when i was younger.

"Dad?" As soon as I could comprehend what I was seeing I started running towards him shouting but I don't seem to be getting any closer.

"Dad! Please dont leave!" I shouted again. I can't breathe. I feel suffocated.

"Be brave babygirl. I couldn't be brave enough in my life. Be better. Be you." His voice echoed in my head as my surroundings started to get darker.

"Be brave babygirl. Be brave chaeyoung. Chaeyoung. Chaeyoung? Chaeyoung!!"
I jolted awake I saw a pair of eye balls almost touching mine. It's my roommate dahyun who's currently straddling me with both her arms on both sides of my face. Private space is a concept this girl can't comprehend, I swear.

"Dahyunn!" I whined as I push her off me. "You've got to stop doing that."

"Don't you dahyunnn me chaeyoung. We've been bestfriends for almost four years and roommates for two, so I've earned the right to touch you wherever I want whenever i want okay?" She said puffing her chest out.

"Whatever you say" I said uninterested in whatever my hyper roommate was on about. I tried to turn my back to her and fall asleep again.

"No I don't think so young lady." She said as she yanked my blanket away. I whined again and stood up looking at her with my signature pout.

She hit the top of my head. "Oww that huurt" I said dramatically covering my head.

"Stop whining and get up, we'll be late for school" she said to me as I'm caressing the top of my head.

I turned to look at the framed picture of me and my dad on my bedside table. "I guess you really are dead huh old man?" I mumbled quietly. I smile a little at my memories of him. "That's right chaeng, he wouldn't want you to cry everytime you see his picture or hear his name" I said to myself.

"I'll skip school today." I said quietly to dahyun who is now standing beside my bed.

"Nope, we are going to school or I'm calling your stepmother" she said and I instantly stood up.

"Okayy fine" I said as I stood up and head in the bathroom.

So let me introduce myself. My name is Son Chaeyoung. I'm 18 and I'm the daughter of Son Jinyoung, who was extremely famous for being one of the best minds in the gaming industry and also the CEO of one of the biggest game companies in the world. He passed away a few months ago after a car accident. He married my now stepmother who cares only about the money and her image. She has made me and my brother's life a living hell since he passed away and I've been doing what he told me to do. In his last words and In my dream. Being brave.

I sigh loudly as I finish getting ready for school. "I can't wait to come back home and work on my game." I said to dahyun as we both left our shared apartment.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter