The Showcase

Hey, Sharon.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chae POV

I strolled out to the kitchen with a relaxed expression knowing I'm gonna do great at the showcase.

Dahyun unnie already started eating her breakfast. Guess she got tired of waiting for me.

"Hey unnie! You actually cooked." I said with a dimpled smile on looking at the simple but effective breakfast served infront of me. Dahyun unnie looked at me with a confused expression.

"What kind of shower did you take exactly you were just whining and crying a minute ago." Dahyun unnie said pointing her chopsticks at me.

"It's not because of the shower unnie its-" before I could finish my sentence dahyun unnie cut in.

"Wait wait let me guess. It's because of a certain AI girl we all know right?" She asked making me turned wide eyed.

"U-umm.." I couldn't think of anything to say because she hit it right on the spot. "There's no need to be shy about it chaeng, if she makes you happy she makes you happy." Dahyun unnie said with a shrug.

"Heheh yeah she's going to help me with the showcase I need to present at tonight. It's gonna be great." I said putting up a thumbs up at dahyun unnie.

She just laughed at my antics as we continued to finish our breakfast.

After we were done with the food I volunteered to help do the dishes with her.

"U-umm.. unnie?" I called looking up at her whose currently trying her best to clean the pot she cooked in.

"Hmm?" She hummed and looked at me. "I umm... I wanted to apologize to you." I said putting down the plate and looking at her.

"Why's that?" She said putting her work on hold as well.

"For making you confess to the rest when you clearly weren't ready." I said looking down with a pout.

I am honestly a little disappointed in myself. I was so worked up by the fact that she didn't tell her bestfriend about her relationship that I made her do something she wasn't ready to do.

"Oh about sana and me?" She asked finally getting what I was taking about.

"No unnie not just that. I made you confess about how you feel towards girls as well. It was a mess." I said.

 



Flashback

Third person POV


The day after tzuyu, mina and chaeyoung discovered sana and dahyun playing tonsil hockey in the storage room, the entire group decided to hang out at momo's place.

Momo being the second richest amongst the group she lives in a huge mansion like chaeng used to.

So her place was the most convenient to hang out at since chaeyoung hated her stepmother and would never go back to that mansion willingly.

"Ssup gays?" Jeongyeon shouted as she and nayeon barged through the door with bags in their hands carrying essentials for the long night ahead of them.

The rest were already gathered at the living room with jihyo sitting on the single couch browsing her phone, sana and dahyun not so subtlely flirting with each other. Momo was out to get food for the gang. Tzuyu sitting next to chaeyoung looking at her bestfriend with a worried expression.

Chaeng basically looking like she had to go to the bathroom really bad. But it wasn't a bathroom break she was craving. No.

She was having a hard time keeping the new found secret inside.

She was wondering how exactly she didn't figure it out beforehand. They are the very definition of obvious. They're all over each other even right at this moment.

The 2yeon couple came in together as they situated at one of the couches.

"Speak for yourself, you two are the only gays in here." Said jihyo. At this chaeng flailed up making a weird noise but managed to keep herself contained.

This managed to snatch the attention of jihyo and the two that were flirting with each other since they got here.

Dahyun knew exactly what was wrong with chaeyoung. 'Just keep your cool chaeng, keep cool.' She thought as she gave secret signals to her.

Jihyo looked at the little one confused. "What's up with you two? You haven't said a word since you got here." Jihyo asked the two maknaes sitting next to each other.

"N-nothing" tzuyu responded nudging the constipated looking chaeyoung next to her with her elbow.

"Yeah. Yeah. It's nothing unnie. Just.. thinking about something." Chaeyoung said. Jihyo was suspicious at this point but decided to ignore it.

"Where's momoring?" Nayeon asked and right then they heard the door open.

"I'm back~" momo called melodically as she brought her arms full food.

"Finally! Foood." Sana chanted as she got off dahyun's lap making her way towards the table where momo set all the food.

She was about to open one of the boxes but momo slapped her hand away.

"Oww~" sana pouted at momo as she held her hand.

"Momo always takes the first and last bite." Momo says in a righteous tone referring to herself in third person.

The entire group eventually started digging in as they talked about random stuff.

"Here dahyunie say aaah~" sana said sweetly as she fed dahyun.

At this point chaeyoung was basically about to explode. She hasn't taken even a single bite and the obvious scene infront of her was just too much for her to handle.

"Dahyun and Sana Unnie are dating!" Chaeng just blurted out taking a deep breath afterwards.

The whole room was quiet for a second with everyone looking at chaeyoung who looked like she just got the weight of the world off her shoulders.

Dahyun just sighed giving sana a sympathetic look to which she replied with her usual sweet smile.

"Wait WHAT?" that was nayeon and Jeongyeon voice booming through the living room putting an end to the silence.

"I knew it!" Jihyo said standing up pointing at the saida couple.

"Ehhh?" That was momo joining in. She looks confused as all hell.

"Chaeng's right guys me and dahyun are dating." Sana said giving the group a toothy smile.

"EHH?" This time everyone other than the maknaes and the saida couple exclaimed in surprise.

"How? Since when?" Momo asked sana clearly more surprised by it than anyone else.

"Since a few weeks ago. We were undeniably attracted to each other even though I denied it at first. I haven't really dated a girl before so it's really new to me and sana agreed to take it slow with me. We've been dating in secret since then. Chaeng and tzuyu walked in on one of our dates. That's how they found out." Dahyun explained. Hearing this made chaeyoung feel a little guilty.

"Waah you two dating I would never have thought." Jeongyeon said in surprise.

"Well I had my suspicions the whole time." Said jihyo with a shrug.

"S-sorry dahyun unnie, sana unnie. I was trying not to say anything but you know I'm bad at keeping secrets." Chaeyoung said looking down.

"It's okay chaeng. They all needed to know sometime right dahyunie." Said sana with a cheerful smile to which dahyun nodded.

"Details guys. We need details." Momo said pulling in another batch of food.

The night was spent with the whole group bombarding saida with their questions.


Flashback end.

 

 



Chae POV


"Yeah it was kind of a mess wasn't it." Dahyun said with a chuckle remembering their interrogation process that happened that night.

"I'm sorry." I said feeling terrible about what I did.

"Hey chaeng. It's okay I already told you we were about to tell the group ourselves. Don't beat yourself up too much for it." Dahyun unnie said patting my head.

"Besides we feel more free now that you guys know. We don't have to hide anymore." She said going back to washing her dishes with a smile.

I was more than happy that she wasn't mad at me. I embraced her in a back hug to which she let out a little surprised noise.

"Thank you~ and I'm sorry again." I said tightening the hug. She giggled at my action while putting her hand over mine.

"Well I gotta go get ready for the showcase. Bye dubu unnie love youu~" I shot her some finger hearts as I made my way towards my room.

"Love you too chaeng chaeng." I heard her call from the kitchen.

I got into my room as I picked up my VR gear. I set it up putting the helmet on as I laid down on my bed.

I woke up in the dome as i made my way towards minari's house.

"Minarii you there?" I called as i entered the house. I saw her sitting at the TV gaming as usual.

This time she had a headset on with a mic and instead of chibi anime characters, the TV was showing a first person shooter.

"Minari?" I called again as I made my way towards her. I went close enough to see her concentrated face.

She was gripping the controller hard and she had her tongue peeking out the side of . Cute~

I went even closer as I tapped her shoulder to get her attention. I gave her a dimpled smile as she looked at me.

"Oh chaengie hi." She said and turned her attention back towards the game.

I poured at the lack of attention I got from her. Is that game that important? Hmph.

Then I got an idea to get her attention. I shifted the left earcup of her headphones to the side as I spoke. "I actually came here to give you that hug but if you're not interested I'm gonna go." I said giving her a sad face as I stood up and started walking towards the door.

She immediately put down the controller and her headset and got up waddling after me. "No chaengie wait." I smiled at a little but put on my sad face again before I turned back to her.

"Yeah?" I asked. "Don't go. I'm sorry I won't play it anymore." She said holding my hands. She looked like she was about to cry. I guess my dramatics are rubbing off on her.

"Heheh it's okay minari I was just kidding." I said smiling.

"S-so about the h-" before she could finish I pulled her into a bear hug. I tried to lift her up in the hug but I couldn't. Minari giggled as I let go of her.

"So I have something important to talk about." I said as I went to take a seat on the couch she followed after me.

"So I want to present you at a tech showcase being held tonight. You just have to follow my instructions and show them what you're capable of." I said to her.

"Do I have to be Infront of other people?" She asked looking nervous now.

"Yeah but I'll do most of the talking and I'll explain everything you have to do in detail." I said hoping she would say yes.

"I.. I don't know chaengie, I'm not comfortable being infront of other people." Mina said playing with her fingers.

"Please minari? It'll be over in just 30 minutes and I'll be right next to you the whole time. Please~" I said showing her my puppy dog eyes.

She just looked at me putting her plan on my cheek. She smiled a little as she tilted her head. "Why do you always do this when I say no?" She whispered to herself underneath her breath but I heard her.

"Okay I'll do it." She said with a sigh. "Yayy thank u thank u thank u minarii" I said jumping in excitement I pulled her closer by her arm giving her a kiss on her cheek not really thinking about it.

The bright shade of red that soon covered minari's face made me realise what I just did.

"S-sorry I got a little too excited." I said scratching the back of my head.

"It's okay, I liked it. Heheh" minari said showing her gummy smile and giggling afterwards.

I then started to explain the details about the presentation. The signs I will give her and what she needs to do when she sees it and that I will be calling her Sharon throughout the presentation. Stuff like that. She wasn't really fond of the last part but she complied anyways.

We spent about an hour going over the details and rehearsing. I never really needed to rehearse anything before because I'm the type who usually just wings things and dives head first into things and that has worked well for me so far.

But minari on the other hand looked anxious. She asked me to repea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter