Robot Lady or Shy Penguin

Hey, Sharon.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chae POV

I managed to slip out of the Gaia building without getting caught. I was able to break Mina out of there as well.

I thought at this point I was home free but before i could make my way over to Tzuyu and Dahyun i was harshly pulled back by someone.

I winced at the person's hold on my wrist. Before I could shout for my friends I felt a rough hand over my mouth effectively suppressing any sound I could make.

I was about to thrash around and resist but a calm voice from behind came before i could.

"Calm down Ms.Son I'm here to help you." Is what I heard from the person behind me. The voice sounded rough and raspy. It was a male voice and it sounded like it came from someone older.

I stopped my movements and he started talking again.

"I'm going to let go now. Please don't scream and follow me. I can help you escape." The person said and let go of me.

I turned around to see a man probably around his late 40s. He had a smile on his face. A smile you'd give to someone familiar. This didn't sit right with me so I was still on guard.

I saw the lab coat he was wearing and the gaia logo etched on the side of his chest pocket. This only fueled my suspicion more.

"Why exactly should I trust you? For all I know you could lead me right to the police." I say to the old man.

"Because there's a lot you need to know Ms.Son. about your father." The man said. With this the man had all my attention. He knew dad? What does he mean by that? A lot I need to know?

"You knew my dad?" I asked him the first question that popped into my head.

"Yes. Jinyoung... he was my friend. My best friend." The man said. The sorrow in his voice was apparent. I knew he wasn't lying.

"Okay.. I'll follow." I said. The man nodded and started walking back away from where Tzuyu and Dahyun was.

"My name is Kim Yongjin. I met your father when we worked on a project together. The genesis project." The man said. Wait, genesis? I know I've heard of that before. But where? I'll ask him what it is after we get out of here.

"Wait Yongjin-ssi my friends are-" i said pointing to the our back but he cut me off.

"The front of the building is already swarming with cops. I've told your friends to bring the car around to the alley two blocks over." He explained. I nodded and followed the man.

"So what's this about my dad?" I asked.

"We can't talk about it here Ms.Son. I need to get back to the headquarters before they notice I'm gone." The man explained. I kept following suit when I saw the hood of my car in a dark alley.

"Chaeng!" Dahyun shouted as she leaped on me and hugged me. "Thank god you're okay!" She exclaimed happily. Tzuyu also came out and joined the hug.

"Are you guys okay?" I asked.

"Yeah. Thanks to him." Tzuyu said pointing to Yongjin-ssi. I bowed to him as thanks and he did the same.

"Here Ms.Son." Yongjin said as he handed me a card. A card with his number on it.

"Contact me tomorrow. We have much to discuss." The man said as he was turning to go back but i called him again.

"A-atleast tell me what this is about?" I asked hoping I would get something out of him.

"Ms.Son. There's no doubt that your father was a brilliant man. A good man. But every man has his secrets. Your father had his fair share of them too." That's all the man said as he walked back towards the gaia building.

Tzuyu walked up to me as I was watching the man's retreating figure.

"What was that about?" Tzuyu asked me.

"Nothing. Let's go home." I said holding Tzu's hand as we both got into the car. Dahyun was already in the driver seat.

We did it. We got Mina back.

 


***

 


As soon as I got home there was only one thing I wanted to do. See her face again. Talk to her. See if she was okay. Okay, that's more than one thing but you get what I mean.

I immediately connected my phone to my PC which I didn't really need to do because she can transfer herself as long as there's an internet connection but I did it anyways.

I put on my VR gear and went to my world.
I jumped off my work dome and immediately ran to Minari's house. The lights were already on so that means she's there.

I barged in the house with a wide smile on my face. I saw her sitting on the sofa.

However something seemed off about her.
She wasn't lying on the sofa like usual. She had and upright posture and she was just sitting there not doing anything.

"Minari?" I called her and she stood up and faced me. She had a small smile but it wasn't her normal one. The smile didn't reach her eyes. It was almost robotic.

"Good evening Master. How may I be of assistance?" She asked with a monotone voice. My heart dropped to the pit of my stomach when I heard it.

There was no emotion in her face and she was looking at me waiting for me to speak. She called me master and for the first time she looked like a robot.

M-minari? Why are you calling me that?" I asked scared of the answer I might receive.

"Because it's basic protocol master. I am but a humble servant. I should address you like it." She said with the same tone. My mind now was running to the worst possible explanations. Did she lose her memory? Her feelings? No, it can't be.. she can't lose her feelings when i finally discovered mine.

I felt tears prick in my eyes. She was still as gorgeous as she had always been but there was definitely something missing.

"...why?" Was all I could ask. I had mountains of thoughts running through my mind but I couldn't voice any of them.

"Because this is how things should be master." She replied.

I stood there not able to look at her face. It was unbearable looking at it when there was no gummy smiles, no nose crinkles, no spark in her eyes. Nothing.

"B-but you called me Chaeyoung earlier." I said in a barely audible voice as I was looking down. I looked up at her and felt a single tear run down my face.

There at that moment. The moment the tear ran down my cheek I saw hesitation in her eyes. For a split second she seemed taken aback. She immediately went back to her robotic exp

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter