Kidnapping 2.0

Hey, Sharon.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Third Person POV

Chaeyoung was sitting in the middle of her room with the whole place a wreck around her.

She felt numb to everything. She could no longer feel the tears running down her face. She could no longer feel the sadness or the pain.

Just when everything was starting to get better someone decided to take Mina away from her. Her Mina.

In one swift moment all the pain, all the sadness and sorrow was suddenly replaced with anger.

Who ever it was, she was going to chase them to the ends of the earth. No one gets to take her Mina away from her and get away with it.

Chaeyoung pulled herself up to her feet as she wiped her tears. She took her phone and called Dahyun.

"Hey Chaeng! What's up?"

"Where are you?"

The low tone of Chaeyoung's voice caught Dahyun off guard. She knew the cub was mad.

"I'm at a barbecue place with Tzuyu. Why?"

"I need you both to come home. We've been robbed." Chaeyoung says.

"We're on our way." Dahyun says quickly as she hung up.

Chaeyoung calls the cops telling them about the situation.

Not long after, Dahyun, Tzuyu and the cops arrived almost at the same time.

Dahyun immediately went to Chaeyoung and hugged her seeing if she was okay. She noticed how calm Chaeyoung looked. It was worrying her more seeing the cub like this.

"What did they take?" Dahyun asked.

"They took Mina. I trapped her inside my drive and they took it." Chaeyoung says her voice wavering a little bit almost immediately reverting back to the stoic expression she had earlier.

"Ma'am are you the owner of this place?" A police officer comes and asks. Two others searching the place for any clues that the thief left behind.

"Yes. We share the apartment." Dahyun replies to the buff guy clad in police uniform.

"I noticed you have cameras in the place. We need you to give us the footage so we can start investigating." The police officer said.

"You need to find this person now." Chaeyoung says her voice full of urgency and authority.

The police officer quirks an eyebrow at her hearing the authoritative tone.

Dahyun noticing the displeased look on the officer she held Chaeyoung's hand and squeezed it telling her to calm down.

"Look ma'am. We are very busy people and robberies like this happen all the time. This in fact isn't our first robbery of the day so you'll have to have patience." The officer says.

"Useless." Chaeyoung says with a grunt as she turned around and went to get the footage from the cameras.

"What was that?" This seemed to have pissed the officer off. Dahyun quickly comes between them trying to diffuse the tension.

"I'm sorry officer, forgive my friend. she's just on edge because of all this." Dahyun says Tzuyu also joins in apologizing as they bowed to the officer.

With this the officer backed off. The three police officers left after Chaeyoung gave the footage to them with a scowl.

The moment the officers left chaeyoung immediately picked up her PC monitors that were on the ground and started plugging everything in.

"Chaeng, what're you doing?" Tzuyu asks.

"I'm not going to wait around for them to do their job whenever it pleases them. I'm going to find out who took Mina." She says as she took a seat next to her PC pulling up the security footage on it.

Dahyun and Tzuyu shared a look between them. They didn't like how hot headed Chaeyoung was at the moment but both knew better then to try to stop her.

Chaeyoung however had her suspicions.

"Something doesn't add up." She says as she scanned the footage. It showed three people getting into her apartment and trashing her room.

"What do you mean?" Tzuyu asks.

"These people decided to rob the only apartment in this whole complex that had heightened security. Not to mention our apartment is on the higher floors." Chaeyoung says.

"That is weird now that you mention it." Dahyun says. Tzuyu nods in agreement.

"That's not all. They came in here and left everything valuable. Like I have the most expensive PC setup out there. These stuff aren't even on the market yet and they just threw it around." Chaeyoung says looking up at her two friends.

"So you're saying they came in here specifically for that hard drive?" Tzuyu asks.

"That's what it looks like." Chaeyoung replied as she scanned the faces of the three culprits.

Chaeyoung vigorously started typing on the keyboard as multiple windows started popping up on the screen.

Her two friends just stare at the screen with a bewildered expression not knowing anything that was going on on there.

Something that popped up on the screen grabbed Tzuyu's attention. Her eyes widened in surprised. She saw the logo for the korean police department.

"Is she?" She asked Dahyun shocked.

"Yep. She just hacked into the police database." Dahyun says with a sigh like it was the most normal thing ever.

Tzuyu smacks Chaeyoung on the back of the head almost making her head smash into the keyboard.

"Oww what was that for?? My brain is worth billions y'know." Chaeyoung says rubbing the back of her head.

"Are you nuts?? You're gonna get all of us arrested!" Tzuyu scolds her voice not quite reaching the loudness to be considered a shout.

"No I'm not. I'm just gonna borrow their face recognition software for a bit. They won't even know I was in here." Chaeyoung says with a smirk.

Dahyun let's out a sigh of relief seeing Chaeyoung slowly revert back to her normal self. The look she had earlier scared her.

"You think you're that slick, you're not gonna be smirking when they kick down your door." Tzuyu says again in protest.

"Chill Tzuyu-ah. They don't call me the silent tigress for nothing." Chaeyoung says with a cocky grin again.

"Absolutely no one calls you that Chaeyoung." Tzuyu says the judgement in her tone evident.

"Yeah but it would be cool if they did." Chaeyoung replies as she continued to work on her "investigation".

The three girls laugh at Chaeyoung's remark. The tense atmosphere now died down to a comfortable yet somber silence.

Chaeyoung started scanning the database for the three faces that was shown on the CCTV footage.

Not long after, all three faces pinged with a "identity matched" notification.

"So all three of them already have criminal records?" Dahyun asks looking closer at the profiles.

The three men already had multiple offenses of burglary and other small time crimes. They were all korean men with rough looking faces and unkempt facial hair.

Dahyun took her attention off the screen and to the cub who was sitting infront of it. She looked like she was deep in thought.

"What's wrong?" Tzuyu asked. It seemed the taller girl caught on to Chaeyoung's troubled expression as well.

"Something still doesn't add up. These are all small time criminals. People who robbed convenience stores and neighborhood homes. They can't possibly be smart enough to bypass the security I have on the front door. Unless they were told specifically what to do." Chaeyoung says looking up at her two friends.

"So you're saying they're what? Someone's pawns?" Tzuyu asked.

"Exactly! Someone else is pulling strings for these people. They're mere puppets." Chaeyoung says.

Dahyun just stares at the small girl in awe. How she deduced that so fast with that little information was mind boggling to her. The girl was indeed a genius far beyond the capabilities of people her age. Dahyun thought she would make an amazing detective if she tried. Not just that, this cub could be amazing at any profession if she put her mind to it.

"What doesn't make sense though, is the fact that these people didn't know about the cams. They knew exactly how to outsmart my lock at the front door but from the footage they seem to not be aware of the cameras at all." Chaeyoung continues as she scratched her jaw.

"So this person who planned this didn't know about the cameras?" Tzuyu asked.

"That still wouldn't make sense though. They immediately went to Chaeyoung's room after getting in. Which means they knew what the apartment looked like and where their target was." Dahyun says. Both Chaeyoung and Tzuyu nod in agreement.

"Which could only mean that this person who's pulling the strings, The puppeteer didn't tell them about the cameras on purpose. " Chaeyoung says.

"Puppeteer? Really?" Tzuyu gives a judging look towards Chaeyoung.

"What? It's better than saying 'person pulling the strings' everytime." Chaeyoung says defending herself.

"So what I'm getting from this is. The ...puppeteer wanted us to find out who these thieves were. This is him putting down bait for us. Chaeng this could be a trap." Tzuyu says cringing as she said the name Chaeyoung so graciously gave to that person. Chaeyoung nods as if she came to the same conclusion as well.

Dahyun just stares between the two. The scene oddly felt like one of those crime shows she and Chaeyoung used to watch.

"Even if this is a trap I have to pursue this. I need to get Mina back." Chaeyoung says the fiery determination reigniting in her eyes.

"If you guys want to back out of this now I would totally understand." She then says giving a sad smile to her friends.

"No way. We aren't going to let you do this alone. Right Tzu?" Dahyun says jumping back up on her feet. Tzuyu nods in agreement.

Chaeyoung just smiles as she opened her arms. Both girls immediately went in and embraced the cub with a hug.

"Thanks guys." Chaeyoung breathes out as she melted into their embrace.

 

 


***

 

 


Chaeyoung had devised a plan to find one of the three thieves and to get the information about the puppeteer out of him. Even if they had to torture him.

The hot headed scary Chaeyoung came back as they saw the same guy living his best life in the country side.

The three girls were stalking the thief in broad daylight. They had found an address on the criminal record and when they went there the owner of the building told them the person they were looking for moved to the country side.

One thing led to another, the girl were now in an alleyway waiting for the thief to enter his home so they can confirm where he lives.

"What are you planning on doing once we get the information out of him and find Mina?" Dahyun asked worriedly seeing the fire burning in the tiger cub's eyes.

"I'm gonna

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter