Too Happy

Did I lose you?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Nayeon woke up with the sun shining softly out her big window. She looked around and found no one in her room, only she heard silence. She shuffled on her bed until she was sitting up, her back against the head board. Today must be good on her since she doesn't feel the pounding pain on her head and she thanked the God's that it stopped. She looked next to her and saw a glass of water on top of the small dark wood cabinet. She took it and drank half of the water. She feels light compared to yesterday so she recovered well. She then looked at the time and saw it was 8, still early.

She just sat there, looking out her window. She has a pretty nice view of the city considering she is at the very top of the tall building. She looked at the clouds, the color of cottony white paired with the bright blue sky warmed her up.

She was in the middle of admiring the view outside but was surprised as she heard the knob turning. Dahyun is at work right now and Mina is no where in sight as she suspected she got home yesterday.

But she took the thought back as she saw Mina carrying a tray of food to her bed. To say she was surprised is not a lie, she was happy and enthused Mina is here! Mina gave her a smile and greeted her. "Goodmorning Nayeon."

Nayeon was speechless. This day must've blessed her with luck. "G-goodmorning." she stuttered out. Mina giggled, showing her gums and Nayeon thought it was the cutest thing she heard.

Mina sat next to her and set the tray of food in front of them. She saw pancakes, eggs, bacon and orange juice to drink. They all look great. It smells great too. She wafted in the scent and sighed at the pleasant smell. "You made this?" she asked with raised eyebrows, amazed.

"Yeah I did. And if we go to the part on when I learned how to cook, lets just say I wanted more than omurice to be my meal three time a day." she said while wiggling her eyebrows at this.

She laughed in amusement. "Well mind if I try? You can really cook?"

"Yeah go try it for yourself."

Nayeon took a forkfull of eggs and bacon and savored the  taste of the food. She was impressed as she hummed in delight. She then tasted the pancake and admitted it was fluffy when she pierced through it. She took it in and widened her eyes at the mild sweetness. She looked at Mina, who was watching her every move, and gave her a delighted smile that reached her eyes. "This is great!" 

Mina giggled at her reaction. "Told you I can cook." 

"Sorry I didn't thought you would be a chef." Nayeon said as a matter of fact. "Have you had breakfast already?"

"Oh yeah. Small egg sandwich enough for me to munch on so its good enough."

"Well then thats all you ate, you should eat more than that. Here you also eat." Nayeon offered her fork and Mina took it.

They ate together with a light vibe around them. They laughed, they smiled, everything was fine. When they are finsihed, Mina took the tray and set it on the desk at the other side of the bed. She came back and sat next to Nayeon. Mina knew they had to talk about yesterday. So she mustered out as much courage as she can and began to talk. "Nayeon? Can you tell me what happened? I know its early but I just wanted this to be over with." she was looking at her eyes but she would dart it in different directions as she was nervous, fingers toying the expensive thick blanket of Nayeon's bed.

Nayeon sighed at this. She knows that she has to. "Yeah. I'll tell you. So listen ok?" Mina nodded at this, determined to listen.

"Before the whole thing that happened in the playground, Dad told me that we have to go back to South Korea because his work requires him there. I couldn't accept it cause that would mean that I wouldn't get to see you again. So I hid it. Pretended that everything is fine. It sounded selfish I know but I didn't want to see you sad and upset cause I dont know if I will ever come back.

"When were now to South Korea, my parents and I lived at my Grandpa's house and stayed there. It was hard coping and all but luckily I found friends. I only made two but that was enough for me. The two of them helped me and I felt greatful that they were there by my side. My Grandpa died months after we moved in and my Dad took it worse. He wouldn't smile but he kept on working. We let him in a therapy session and then slowly, he was being his old self. My Dad brought good news since he told us we are going back to Japan. To celebrate, me and my parents went to the park. We had a great time but that night, we got into an accident and my Father died. He was dead on arrival. My Mom didn't accept it.

"We kept on having misfortunes, and my Mom was one of them. She became depressed and insane, crazy. She would hurt me but only slaps and punches. One night, I was taken to the orphanage near our street because I was seen being beaten by my Mom. She used hot oil and got slashes of it on my thighs. I had a cut on the small of my back. And then I was knocked unconcious from the pain and woke up in the infirmary of the orphanage.

"With no parents, I was sad and I couldn't accept any of it. But I got determined to study so I attended the same school with the most supportive friends I have by my side. I graduated higschool. When I was eighteen, the Man you saw back at the park, he helped me.

"We met at the park with his  first baby and we became close. I visited the small house he had in Busan while it was vacation and started

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter