Chapter 46

Please Keep My Secret

 

The next day..

At Kyunghee High..

Kyuhyun was in a surprisingly happy mood..

He was whistling on his way to their classroom..

“Kyuhyun-ssi” Changmin called

“Changmin-ssi, waeyo?” he asked

“You seem happy today!” Changmin said

“Ah, really?”

“Yeah, you rarely smile more so whistle while walking to school”

“Jjinjayo? Am I that cold?” Kyuhyun asked innocently

Changmin chuckled. “You didn’t know?” he said jokingly

Both of them laughed. “We better get to class before we get scolded” Kyuhyun said

“Ye..”

That day, even the students of Class 3-2 noticed that Kyuhyun was in a jovial mood. They would suddenly see him smile while staring outside the window.

“Kyuhyun-ssi is acting really weird today, don’t you think?” girl student 1 asked

“Yes, and it is so different from the usual but he’s just so charming when he smiles. I hope he’s always like this.” girl student 2 said.

“Although it’s like this, I still prefer the usual him. His cold aura makes him look cooler and more handsome” girl student 3 said.

“I don’t know about you two. For me, he is still so attractive no matter what he does, whether he is smiling or not. He’s just Perfect. Too perfect.” Student 1 said

The three students sighed and continued on watching Kyuhyun from afar. Kyuhyun looked towards their direction and winked at them.

 After that, the three girls felt like they died. (^-^)

“Yah, Kyuhyun-ssi, don’t do that.” Changmin said. “All the girls here at school will all come look for you if you continue doing that. No one will be left for us”

“Well..” Kyuhyun said arrogantly. “That’s me and my popularity!! Hahahah!!”

“You’re really different today!”

“Not different..” Kyuhyun said. “Just a bit happy.”

 

In Class 3-1..

“Seohyun-ah” Yuri called

“Oh, Yuri”

“Mianhaeyo” Yuri apologized and bowed many times

“Yah Yuri-yah, what are you doing?” Seohyun asked

“About yesterday, we didn’t get the chance to enjoy the festival together. Minho-ssi asked us to accompany them and I just can’t refuse him” Yuri said. “Mianhae”

“Aisssh, this girl.” Sooyoung said. “The only thing that comes out of your mouth is Shinee and Minho-ssi. You were the one who invited Seohyun-ssi to come but she ended up going with Kyuhyun-ssi instead.”

“Mianhae, mianhae, mianhae” Yuri said

“Kwaenchana, Yuri-yah.” Seohyun smiled. “Besides, Kyuhyun was kind enough to accompany me too.”

“Really?” Yuri asked. “So how did it go?”

“What did?” Seohyun asked

“What else? Your date?” Yuri teased

“Date?????” Seohyun asked. “It was not a date!!!”

“Eiiiiiiiiiihhh.” Sooyoung and Yuri disagreed. “We know that Kyuhyun-ssi has a special fondness of you”

I wanted to see your interesting expressions, that‘s why I teased you. Your sudden smiles always surprise me. They are interesting but dangerous enough to make my heart race. Because you might misunderstand my intentions, I have been enduring a lot of things and I can’t phrase it short…even now. I love you, Seohyun!

Kyuhyun’s words suddenly echoed in Seohyun’s head.

“We just looked around and played some games.” Seohyun said hiding her blush

“But Suzy said you were not at home when we dropped by your house” Sooyoung said

“Ah, T-that..” Seohyun said. “That’s because we won a special invitation for the Post-Festival Event and we thought it would be a waste if we did not use it, so we stayed there a bit longer”

“Wow lucky” Yuri said. “We should have participated in it also. What game was it?”

“Ehhh?” Seohyun asked. She definitely cannot tell that the game was called Love Trial and that she had to hold Kyuhyun’s hand for the whole game. Her two friends would just about it if they knew. Ottokke? she asked herself. “J-Just something usual” she said instead.

 “So what happened at the Post-Festival event?” Sooyoung asked

“Ehhh?” The picture of their kiss flashed back in Seohyun’s head. “N-N-N-Nothing very extraordinary” she stuttered. “They just had the usual bonfire and some fireworks.”

“Wow it would have been nice if we saw it too” Yuri said. “Anyway, I feel relieved that you still enjoyed the festival despite not having us accompany you. I’ll make it up with you next time. Promise.”

“Y-Ye”

 

At breaktime..

Kyuhyun and Changmin were on their way to the library when they happened to meet Yuri, Sooyoung and Seohyun along the corridor.

“Yoh!! Prez..!!” Kyuhyun called as he approached the three girls

“Oh, Kyuh—” before Seohyun could finish her sentence, she was astonished that she was already locked in a hug with Kyuhyun.

Changmin, Yuri and Sooyoung were astonished by the sudden skinship between their two friends.

 Seeing the reaction of her friends, Seohyun kicked Kyuhyun’s leg and said, “YAH!! DO YOU WANT TO DIE??”

“Aww, that’s so mean of you Prez” Kyuhyun pouted as he grabbed the leg that Seohyun kicked

“Yah, Seohyun-ssi, Kyuhyun-ssi, are you two..dating?” Changmin asked

Seohyun and Kyuhyun looked at Changmin.

“Ehhhhh????” Seohyun asked awkwardly while Kyuhyun just smiled

“They are really just like that, Changmin-ssi” Yuri said

“But you look good together though” Sooyoung said

“I guess Kyuhyun-ssi is just too happy today. He’s been acting really weird since this morning” Changmin informed. “He whistles, he smiles brightly, he winks to girls and now he hugged the Prez.”

“That’s really weird, you don’t do those usually, Kyuhyun-ssi” Yuri said

Kyuhyun just smiled again.

“T-Those are the acts of erted aliens like him” Seohyun said, glaring at Kyuhyun

“Arasso, arasso” Kyuhyun said as he ruffled Seohyun’s hair.

“YAH!!!”

“Kaja, Changmin-ssi” Kyuhyun said to Changmin

“de..”Changmin said. “We will go ahead then” he said before they left the three girls.

 

After class..

At the SC office..

“Oh Siwon-ssi, you’re waiting for Ryeowook-ssi?” Seohyun asked when he saw Siwon waiting outside the SC office.

“Oh” Siwon said

“You’ve totally become buddies, neh?” Seohyun said. “He just went to the faculty room to submit the things we’ve talked about today. He’d be here in a minute.”

“Ye..” Siwon answered

“By the way, Siwon-ssi, how is your association with girls?” Seohyun asked.

“T-That is..” Siwon said. “..better, I think.”

Seohyun smiled. “See, I told you, you don’t need to be afraid of them.” she said. “Then, I’ll go ahead”

Siwon nodded.

Seohyun started to walk. “Prez!” she stopped when she heard Siwon call her. “How about you and Kyuh—?”

 “Siwon-ssi!!” they heard Ryeowook call

“What was that you’re saying again, Siwon-ssi?” Seohyun asked

“Eh? Nothing! Never mind that” Siwon answered. “Let’s go, Ryeowook-ssi”

“Ye!”

 “Prez, I don’t really understand why you’re trying to hide it” Siwon spoke

“Ehh? What are you talking about?” Seohyun asked

“Kyuhyun-ssi” Siwon whispered to her

“W-What?”

“He’d be hurt if you deny it, you know” Siwon said.

“Huh??”

“We’ll see you then, Prez” Siwon and Ryeowook walked away

“Goodbye Prez” Ryeowook waved

 

SEOHYUN’S POV

As I was walking towards the school gates, the things that Siwon-ssi kept bugging me.

He’d be hurt if you deny it, you know.

I saw Kyuhyun waiting outside the gate.

“Yo, long time no see!” he said

“I just saw you during breaktime.” I answered him in a matter of fact tone

He nodded. “But I missed you” he said, smiling at me.

I felt my cheeks burn but I ignored what he said and walked away instead. “What nonsense are you talking about again?”

I heard him chuckle. “Let’s go together!” he said and caught up with me and we started to walk to go to Maid Latte.

“Why are you coming again? I still have work” I said

“I know”

“Are you going to work part-time again?” I asked

“No” he said bluntly.

“If you have nothing to do, just go home and read your books instead” I said

“It’s been a long time since I’ve been to Maid Latte as a customer, so I wanted to go” he answered

After that conversation, both of us stayed silent. And that was the time when I started to contemplate on things again.

Are you two..dating? I remembered Changmin-ssi’s question

I gazed at Kyuhyun who was slightly ahead of me. Are we? I asked myself. He suddenly turned and caught me looking at him.

“Mm?” he asked

I immediately looked away.“Nothing” I answered and continued to walk.

After all this time, you still haven’t figured out clearly? I scolded myself.

“Hurry up Seo or else you’ll be late” he said

“Kyu..” I said as I tugged his uniform.

He stopped walking and faced me. My heart suddenly started beating fast. I stood there but nothing went out from my mouth.

How should I put it? Should I say, are we dating? The relationship between us is just those kind of non-obvious dating, isn’t it? What does dating mean anyway!? Will it have any difference with what we are all along? Plus am I friends with this guy? Me and Kyuhyun? What is our relationship actually?

“Are you alright?” he suddenly asked

I bowed my head. “No..can..do..aish my mind went blank again” I sighed. “Don’t mind me.”

“Always being this way..” he said, patting my head

“Mianhae..”

END OF POV

 

At Maid Latte..

“Thanks for the hard word!!” Taeyeon thanked the employees

“Deh, Kamsahamnida!!” they answered in return

“We’ll go ahead then” Tiffanny and Hyoyeon said

“Ye, unnie.” Seohyun  said

“Seohyun-ah, you go ahead too” Taeyeon said. “I’ll just be the one to close the shop”

“I’ll go home when I finish tidying these things up, unnie” Seohyun answered

“Kamsahamnida, Seohyun-ah” Taeyeon said

 

After work, Seohyun walked out at the back door.

Huff..

Seohyun blew her palms with her warm breath. “It’s getting colder and colder everyday.” she said

“It’s going to be winter soon, that’s why.” somebody answered

Seohyun nodded in agreement and rubbed her palms against each other. “Eeeeesh so cold..” Then she realized he knew who the person was. “Yah! You did not go home yet?” she asked

 “Hm” Kyuhyun answered in affirmation. “Give me your hand..” Kyuhyun ordered

 “Ehh??” Seohyun asked. “W-Wae?”

Instead of answering, Kyuhyun grabbed Seohyun’s right hand.

“Yah!! What are you doing??” Seohyun blushed

Kyuhyun took out his mitten and wore one piece on Seohyun’s right hand while the other piece he placed on his left hand.

“What’s this?” Seohyun asked showing her hand with a mitt.

“You don’t know?” Kyuhyun teased. “It’s a mitten. M-I-T-T-E-N, mitten!!”

“I know, Pabo” Seohyun grumbled. “What I’m asking is why you are just giving me only this piece, you could at least give me both”

“Tch..That’s because this pair of mitten is MINE. Is it also my responsibility to bring yours? eh?”Kyuhyun asked sarcastically

“I did not ask you to give it to me in the first place!!” Seohyun replied in an irritated tone

“That’s why you should at least be thankful to me” Kyuhyun said. “Ah, really you’re so careless!!”

“I’m not careless I just somehow forgot to bring mine” Seohyun pouted. “What should I do with the other hand then?” Seohyun whispered to herself as she scratched the back of her head.

Cute. Kyuhyun thought.

Meanwhile, somewhere along the streets…

“Hey it’s really getting colder and colder” Eunhyuk said

“You easily get cold because you’re so thin, you  don’t have any fats to warm you..hehe” KangIn teased

“And you have so many fats that you don’t feel any cold at all” Eunhyuk talked back

“Yah, both of you, could you stop that.” Yesung interrupted. “You’re fighting over some nonsensical things”

“Like you have something sensical to say” Eunhyuk said

“I have!” Yesung said

“You do?” KangIn asked

“I’ll give a present to Seohyun-ssi” Yesung said

“Wae?” Eunhyuk asked. “It’s not even her birthday”

“It’s not her birthday but it’s going to be winter soon” Yesung said

“So what if it’s winter?” KangIn asked

“Yah, had you not experience childhood before?” Yesung asked sarcastically. “Winter means Christmas”

“Ooooohhh!” Eunhyuk and KangIn said. “So what are you going to do? It’s better if we give her something that she can use”

“I’m going to make her a mitten” Yesung said

“Daebak!!” KangIn said. “You really are something, Yesung”

“I know. What’s the use of having a big head!?!” Yesung said arrogantly. “It’s going to be winter so she’ll definitely use it.”

 

Back to Kyuhyun and Seohyun..

“I’m not careless I just somehow forgot to bring mine” Seohyun pouted. “What should I do with the other hand then?” Seohyun whispered to herself as she scratched the back of her head.

Cute. Kyuhyun thought.

Kyuhyun reached for Seohyun’s left hand.

Seohyun was startled. “W-What now?”

Kyuhyun interlaced their fingers and pocketed them in his coat.

“Y-Yah—”

“Shhhh, I’m trying to warm your hand” Kyuhyun said

This made Seohyun blush even more. Luckily for her, Kyuhyun did not notice it for only the faint glimmer of the lights on the night stores lit the way.

How could someone be so irritating and sweet at the same time? Seohyun asked herself. Sweet? What am I saying? Desserts are the only things that are sweet. Seohyun shook her head to get rid of the thought.

“Hey” she heard. “Are you alright?”

“Eh?” she looked at Kyuhyun. “Ye, kwaenchana.”

“Let’s go then” Kyuhyun tugged her. “Your hand is really cold. Are you cold-blooded?”

“Yah, what do you think of me? A reptile?” Seohyun said. “I just easily get cold”

“You already know that you get cold easily yet you forget things that would keep you warm. That’s why I said you’re careless..” Kyuhyun said. “..but since I’m here you are lucky”

“Lucky? Why?” Seohyun asked

“Hmmm, because I don’t let anyone hold my precious hand like this” Kyuhyun said smirked

“Ahh, really??” Seohyun asked with sarcasm.

Kyuhyun nodded. “Uh-huh”

Seohyun let go of Kyuhyun’s hand and removed it from his pocket. “Your precious hand is all yours!!” Seohyun said pissed and walked ahead. “I can warm my hand on my own”

Seeing Seohyun like that, Kyuhyun chuckled. “Hey, Seo, I was just kidding” Kyuhyun shouted and catch up to her. He offered his hand again to her.

“No thanks!” Seohyun said and continued to walk on.

Kyuhyun ran to her and grabbed her hand. Without a word, he put their hands back to his pocket again. “Mianhae”Kyuhyun said while Seohyun just replied with a sigh. “But what’s wrong with telling you you’re lucky when you hold my han—”

Seohyun suddenly stopped and glared at him.

“A-Arasso, arasso. I won’t talk about it again” Kyuhyun said in defeat. “Kaja, it’s getting late” and they resumed walking.

Seohyun smiled. “Kyuhyun’s hand is really warm” she said

Kyuhyun stared at her with a somewhat dissatisfied look and said, “Because I’m warm-blooded”

 

__________________________

A/N:  Sorry for not updating for the past few weeks.I want to thank everyone who commented on the previous chapter and those who subscribed.

(^-^). I'm really happy. Please support me till the end. I would appreciate if you would leave some comments again. Again, Kamsahamnida!! *bows 90 degrees..