Bittersweet

Please Keep My Secret

 

Maid Latte..

It has been two days since that incident happened but it kept on playing on Seohyun’s head. The incident when she had an unexpected confession from Kyuhyun. She felt so distracted in school and at work.

She was putting the dishes away when she accidentally bumped Hyoyeon that made the glasses on the tray she was holding to fall and break into pieces on the hard floor. Suddenly all eyes were on them.

“Pardon us Masters and Miladies.” Hyoyeon bowed to the cutomers

“I’m sorry” Seohyun also bowed.

Seohyun turned to Hyoyeon.

“Mianhae, unnie” Seohyun also apologized to Hyoyeon

Hyoyeon smiled at her and said “Relax”

“deh”

Seohyun went to get a dustpan and cleaned the mess.

 

At the staff room..

What am I doing?..I’ve got to concentrate. Seohyun said to herself

“Seohyun-ah, is everything okay?” Taeyeon asked in a worried tone

“Manager, I’m sorry” Seohyun replied

“If something is bothering you, just let me know, kay?” Taeyeon winked at her.

“Yes, I’m sorry again.”

“Don’t worry” Taeyeon said. “You’re done for the day right? Good work”

“Excuse me then” Seohyun said and Taeyeon went back to work

Seohyun heaved a big sigh.

What am I going to do?

“Look like you’re having fun?” Kyuhyun said

Seohyun was startled, “Kyuhyun, You’re out of the hospital already?” she tried to sound calm

“Pretty much you’d expect, right?” Kyuhyun said with a grin

“What are you talking about? You’re still wrapped in bandages.” Seohyun scolded

“So, you’re worried about me?” Kyuhyun teased

“Of course not!” Seohyun said and crossed her hands

Kyuhyun suddenly embraced her “I couldn’t wait to see you” he whispered in her ear.

“Quit it!!” Seohyun said and pushed Kyuhyun strongly away from her

Seohyun looked at him and she saw that Kyuhyun was so shocked of what she did. Suddenly, the event came again to her head. She shook her head to shrug the thought away and then she ran towards the locker room leaving Kyuhyun in plain astonishment.

She leaned on the locker and closed her eyes but Kyuhyun’s face was everything that she saw.

Saranghaeyo, Seo Joo Hyun

She ruffled her hair in disappointment. Whatever she does just can’t get that stupid memory off her head.

Then she heard footsteps and the sound of the opening and closing of the backdoor.

She stood there for quite some time lost in her deep thoughts when she heard the ringing of her phone. It suddenly turned her back to herself. Seohyun looked at the screen of her phone to see who it was.

“Yuri?” she accepted the call. “Yoboseyo?”

“Seo, some of our students got involved in a fight. Come here quickly.” Yuri said on the other line.

“What? Yea, I’m coming. Where are you?” Seohyun asked

“I’m with Sooyoung. We are here near the shopping district”

“OK, I’ll be there soon. I’m hanging up”  Seohyun changed into her casual clothes and dashed off to where Yuri was.

 

At the shopping district..

“Seohyun, over here.” Sooyoung said while waving her hand

“Who are they fighting against?” Seohyun said still panting

“Against students from Dongguk High” Yuri said

“It’s the school where all the rich boys and girls go” Sooyoung explained. “it has the kinds of people we try our best not to associate with”

“Oh crap” Seohyun cursed and ran towards the crowd. “Excuse me, please let me through” as she squeezed herself among all those people.

“You guys! What kind of ruckus are you making in the middle of the street?” Seohyun pointed a finger on the two guys who she thought were 2nd year students.

“Ahhhh!” the two guys were struck in fear when they saw Seohyun.

“Why is the Prez here?” Taemin asked Key

“How should I know, you Pabo” replied Key

“You are?” the student from Dongguk asked Seohyun

“I’m the SC Prez of Kyunghee High, Seo Joo Hyun.” Seohyun introduced. “Did our students do something?”

(Author: Introducing one new character, LEE SUNGMIN. Another student from Dongguk High)

“One of your students punched me.” Sungmin said while touching a reddened part in his cheek.

“Is that true?” Seohyun asked Taemin and Key

“Tssk” was the reply she got from the two

“I heard Kyunghee High is a violent place, and it would seem that the rumor is true” Sungmin said in an arrogant voice

Seohyun glared at him.

“I need to think what sort of apology this will require” Sungmin was heard again

“SHUT UP, YOU NONSENSE” Key angrily said

“WHY SHOULD WE APOLOGIZE TO YOU?” Taemin added

“YAH! YOU TWO, APOLOGIZE” Seohyun scolded Taemin and Key

“SHIRO!!” the two said

“I’m telling you to apologize for hitting him” Seohyun said still angry but the two just stuck their tongues out to her.

“YAH! JUST THINK OF THE TROUBLE YOU’RE CAUSING EVERYONE” Seohyun said

“Looks like it’s not worth talking to them right now” Sungmin said. “We’ll be waiting for you at Dongguk anytime. If you do not have any intentions of apologizing, then I will bring this issue to the administration.” he said to Seohyun and he and his companions walked away.

“Say what you want” Taemin angrily shouted to Sungmin

“Let’s go” Key told Taemin.

“Hey, you guys” Seohyun called at them but they were already far and the crowd slowly dispersed.

“Seohyun!” Yuri called. “What are you going to do if this case turns out to be a big problem?”

“And right when the image of Kyunghee High is getting better too..You’re hard work will all go to waste.” Sooyoung said

“Don’t worry. I’ll figure it out.” Seohyun reassured her friends

 

The next day at school..

SC Office

SEOHYUN’S POV

Don’t worry. I’ll figure it out. Those were the words that I said to Yuri and Sooyoung but thinking about Taemin and Key, I can’t imagine them obediently apologizing.

Those were the thoughts I’ve been thinking since yesterday. I pulled out a whole nighter just thinking of how I could convince them to apologize.

END OF POV

 

KYUHYUN’S POV

Why is she acting so cold to me lately? I thought as I was walking along the corridors. I passed by the SC Office and I saw her there. She was playing with her pen while thinking of something. Maybe it is about the fight last night. I said to myself and then I walked towards her.

“I heard about Dongguk High” I said

She was very shocked that she even lost her balance and fell squarely on the floor.

“What was that?” Ryewook asked. “Are you alright, Prez?”

“It’s nothing” I heard her say

I offered my hand to help her up but she ignored it. Instead, she avoided her gaze on mine. I was confused on how she acted so I sat and faced her. “What’s wrong, Seo?”

(Seohyun’s mind: I don’t have the time to be thinking about unnecessary things)

I did not receive any answer from her but she looked so distressed. Then I remembered the incident that happened 3 days ago. Right! I think I understand now. If I knew that she would react like this, I should have not confessed about my feelings and more so kiss her. Aish.

 I don’t want to see her like this. What should I do?

“Excuse me? Can someone help with this” I saw Ryewook carrying a tower of papers.

I stood up to help him and carried half of what he was carrying.

“Thank you, Kyuhyun-ssi” I heard him say. Then suddenly I thought of an idea.

“No problem. Your gratitude will be repaid with this.” I gave Ryewook a quick kiss on the cheeks.

(Author: lol)

Ryewook was frozen. He got the shock of his life.

Everyone in the SC Office was astonished of what I did and I stepped out of the room.

“Vice Prez are you okay?”

“Ryeowook-ssi”

In the corner..

“I see. So he’s just..a erted alien” Seohyun said now laughing loudly. “He got me so confused, but he’s like that to everyone. He’s definitely some kind of erted alien” I heard her say while I was leaning at wall outside the SC Office.

I’m happy that you’re laughing again. A smile suits you better.

Although I can’t help but feel a pinch of pain in my chest..

 It’s better like that right?

And I walked away from the SC Office.

END OF POV

 

“BITTERSWEET”