Yoona's Secret

Please Keep My Secret

 

Dongguk High, a prestigious school for the elite. It is owned by some of the powerful companies in Korea. The students here are mostly the sons and daughters of the members of the highest social class. In other words, the students are the rich and the fabulous as everyone knows.

YOONA’S POV

“Ms. Im, we’re here” Mr. Shin told me as she opened the car door for me.

“Yea, thanks Mr. Shin.” I said and bowed as I stepped out of the car. “Then, I’ll go ahead first, see you after class, Mr. Shin,” then I waved goodbye.

I started to walk away when I remembered something.

“Oh, Mr. Shin” I faced our middle-aged butler.

“What is it Ms. Im?”

“Just come and fetch me at the other place. I remembered I’ve got work today!” I said and wink at Mr. Shin.

“Ok, I’ll see you later then.”

“Kamsahamnida Mr. Shin” then I gave him a quick hug before I walked to my classroom.

Mr. Shin is like a father to me. He treats me like her own daughter. He is very kind and thoughtful. He is the only one I can turn to when I have problems because most of the time, my parents are busy at work. He knows how much I value the thing called independence because my parents have always been telling me what to do all my life. That’s why when I told him that I wanted to have a part time job, he agreed, not immediately though.

FLASHBACK

“Mr. Shin, I would like to tell you something.”

“What is it Ms. Im?

“I want to have a part-time job” I announced. Mr. Shin’s eyes suddenly widened in surprise.

“What? But you don’t have to do that. It’s not like you can’t buy something you like. Your parents can give it to you. And one more thing your father won’t approve of it.” He said

“Yea, I know mom and dad will give everything I want immediately but I don’t feel any fulfillment when I do that. I want to have something that I have worked hard for. Maybe that would be the time I could be truly happy of myself” I explained

He smiled a soft smile at me. “You’ve grown up to be a very fine woman Ms. Im.” and he softly patted me in the head.

I returned him a bright smile.

“So have you seen one?” he asked

“Yea, there is a café near Seoul that needs part-time workers.”

“Wait! How about school?” he worriedly asked

“No problem. I can work there after class.”

“But can you make it? It would really be exhausting”

“Don’t worry Mr. Shin, I can bear with it” I said with a smile.

He nodded. “So what are you planning now?”

“Actually, I got hired already. What can you say?”

“Yah Im Yoona, why didn’t you tell me? I thought you were still planning to go.”

“Aigoo..you’re worrying too much Mr. Shin” I said while clinging on his hand

“Of course, what if something bad happened while you were there? Your parents will really get mad”

“I know. That’s why I’m sorry. So what can you say?” I said

He heaved a big sigh. “What else can I do? You said you were already hired.”

“Yehey!” I jumped in joy and I hugged him really tight. “Gomawoyo Mr. Shin. From now on, it’s our little secret. Don’t tell anybody especially mom and dad. Let’s do a pinky swear.”

Then the two of them pinky sweared.

END OF FLASHBACK

 

As I was walking, I heard shouts and screams so I looked at what was causing the commotion.

“Oh, It’s just the Student Council Pres.” I said

I ignored the crowd and walked straight to the school’s building with these thoughts in my head.

Lee Donghae is the SC president of Dongguk High. He is the son and only heir of the Lee Chain of Companies. I think he just gained the position because his father is one of the board members of the school. In addition to his family’s influence, he’s got the charms that swoon every girl in the campus. But I’m not one of them obviously but I do admit that he’s got good looks. I don’t like people who get positions because of family influence or just by good looks. It makes it difficult for other people who are really working hard to get into those positions. In addition to that, he is also so arrogant and he also changes girlfriends every week.

KRiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing

The school bell sounded signaling the start of classes.

END OF POV

 

Dongguk High Library, 6:30 pm…

Yoona had books piled on the table and she was scribbling on her notes. Shortly earlier, she thought that she would be very exhausted from work to even do her assignments at home. That’s why immediately after class, she went directly to the Library to work on her assignments.

“DONE!” she said as she stretched her hands up. “Now, I can go to work” she smiled and put the books back into the racks.

As she was passing by the corridors, she saw a room still with the lights on.

“I think someone also went overtime like me” she said and peeped on the window of the classroom. She saw Donghae packing his things and was now heading out of the door.

Mind if I pull a little prank. She thought to herself. Immediately after Donghae opened the door…

“BOOO!” Yoona said

“AHh” Donghae shouted but when she saw Yoona he pretended to cough “Ahhg! ahhg!”

“You know, it’s ok not to pretend that you were shocked” Yoona said sarcastically.

“Yah! I was not shocked. Who would be shocked with such a lame trick?” He said. “And in the first place, why did you do that? Don’t you know who I am?”

“I know you, you’re the arrogant SC Pres.” Yoona answered

“What do you mean?” he asked

“Nothing” then Yoona started to walk away. “See you later Mr. President” she said still walking and not looking back.

“Yah! You, no one dares to call me arrogant!” he shouted but Yoona still continued walking until she disappeared in the darkness.

It was getting dark and Yoona was now walking towards the school gates..

Beep, Beep..BEEEEEEEEEP!!! A car honked madly on her so she gave way for it to pass through. When she looked at the car, she saw Donghae driving with a smirk on his face and said to her in a sarcastic tone, “Want a ride? Go get your own” Then he drove away leaving Yoona with an angry face.

“I DON’T NEED A RIDE YOU JERK!!” she shouted

 Then she saw him wave his hand out of the Driver’s window pissing her even more.

 

At Maid Latte 9pm..

“I’m off, taeyeon unnie” yoona said

“Deh, Kamsahamnida for the hard work Yoona-ssi” Taeyeon said

Yoona went out of the café and from not so far, she recognized her car waiting for her. She immediately walked towards the car and went in and slumped her body on the car seat.

“How’s work Ms. Im” Mr Shin asked

“Exhausting but fulfilling” She said with a smile as she looked at their butler

“You’ve work hard. Just rest for a while and I’ll wake you when were home” Mr. Shin said

“Thank you, Mr. Shin” she said then closed her eyes.

 

At the Im’s residence…

“Ms. Im we’re here” Mr. Shin said as he gently tapped Yoona’s shoulder.

She opened her eyes then headed out to their house.

“I’m home!” she said

“Yoona, what took you so long?” her mom worriedly asked as she kissed her daughter on the cheek.

“I needed to do something in school so I worked for it overtime” she lied. Of course she can’t tell the real reason because they might scold her.

“you’re really working hard. I’m so proud of you” her mom hugged her.

“Thanks Omma!” she said with a smile.

“By the way, say hi to your dad before going to your room. He wants to see you.” her mom said

“Ok, I’ll go see him now.” she said and walked to the study room were his dad was waiting

“Appa, you wanted to see me?” Yoona asked as she approached his dad and kissed him on the cheek.

“You just arrived?” his dad asked

“deh. I did something in school.” she lied again

“Ok, you rest now. You look tired.” her father said

“I’ll go to my room then.”

“Goodnight!”

“Goodnight dad”