The Secret

Please Keep My Secret

 

At the school gates ..

“Yah!! How many times do I have to tell you before you can get it in your heads?  EunHyuk, do not dye your hair and earrings are not allowed either!; KangIn, button your shirt up to the second button! Yesung, fasten your belt at your waist and use your necktie properly!” Seohyun reprimanded the three persons ruining her morning.

“ Pres, why are you always like that? Don’t you know anything about fashion? Huh?” Yesung asked.

“ You should go to a fashion show if you want to display your fashion sense. Don’t come to school if you can’t follow the proper dress and grooming code. Araso?” the angry student council president replied.

“Aissh, are you letting us in or what?” KangIn interrupted

“Aniyo, Come back when you are in proper attire.” Then she closed the gates.

“ Yah!! Seo Joo Hyun, we’re not done yet. One day you’ll pay for this.” Eunhyuk shouted

She just glared at them, turned her back and walked away.

This is usually how Seo Joo Hyun or Seohyun as her friends call her, start her day. It involves patrolling at the school gate for students who are not wearing their uniforms properly. She is currently the Student Council President of Kyunghee High.

It makes her blood boil seeing the ‘Pabo Trio, as she calls them, in their improper uniform every morning.

 

At the student council’s room..

“Aissh, this school is full of savages” Seohyun irritatingly said. “Ryewook ssi, aren’t you done yet?” she asked the Council’s Vice President.

“Hmm, Seohyun ssi, is this really necessary? The Student Handbook?” Ryewook fearfully asked the fuming Council President.

“Of course you pabo” she said controlling her anger. “The guys will start becoming lazy again if we won’t impose rules on them.” She said sarcastically.

“Neh, Araseo, miss president!” Ryewook sighed in relief and smacked his head for even daring to question the matter. ‘haixt, ryeowook pabo. I thought she would skin me alive there.’ he mentally said to himself.

 

 SEOHYUN’S POV

It’s only been a few years since Seoul High became open to both girls and boys. It was originally an all boys school and because of that, even until now, the population of students still consists 80% boys. Not only that, I am the first ever girl to be the student council president. Now that I’m in this position, I won’t let the guys bully the girls and do whatever they please.

 Now that I think of it, I have seen so many disgusting things about boys since I first entered Kyunghee High. They smell, they are also dirty, they read materials that are filthy and most especially they make girls cry. The only thing that is left for the powerless girls to do is to endure the horror of having these kinds of boys as their classmates and schoolmates on that matter.

So, I worked hard in order to change the situation. I trained myself to become stronger physically, I also learned Aikido, worked hard in my studies to have good grades and I also did not forget to be friendly to gain the trust of other people. For all these things, I earned the status of the first ever female Student Council Presidency of Kyunghee High.

While I was walking on the corridors for my daily patrolling after classes, I saw three people talking to a girl or maybe threatening instead..

“ Sunny-ssi, it’s just a cleaning duty, can’t you take it over?” KangIn threatened the poor girl

“ Hmm, mianhaeyo KangIn-ssi but I have a very important errand” Sunny apologized fearfully

“aissh just do  it after you clean..we are on an important business you know” Eunhyuk also scaring Sunny

“Just for today” Yesung added

“Do your own chores” I interrupted

“Prez” Sunny called

“Go Sunny-ssi! Leave the rest to me” I smiled at Sunny and then she left

“Seo Joo Hyun, you again?” KangIn asked

“That’s what I should be asking, Pabo Trio” I replied

“Mwo? Who are you calling Pabo Trio?”

“ Idiots like you are not worthy to be called by your names. And did I not tell you to fix your appearances? Huh? Are you listening or not?”

“Yea, yea, just spare us the drama Prez.” Eunhyuk, interrupted

“We’ll be doing the cleaning duty..so if you don’t mind, would you go now Miss President?” Yesung said

“ If you are like this everyday, we won’t have any problems.” Then I walked away

I have not gone far when I heard something..

Sniff..sniff

I entered a room. I saw a girl and a boy. The girl is crying.

“Hey, what happened here?” I asked

The guy looked at me. “Not much. Just rejecting a confession.” The guy said nonchalantly.

“ You again? CHO KYUHYUN. How many times did I tell you to be more sensitive when choosing your words?” I scolded him then I went away.

Cho Kyuhyun is dubbed as the Mr. Perfect in the campus. I don’t even know why students call him like that. Does having a handsome face, strong body and excellent grades make someone perfect? Oh how pathetic. I think people should look more on the attitude and personality not just the outward appearance. And what’s happening to all the girls? They confess to him everyday but he rejects all of them. And he is very prank. He can’t even consider how a girl feels. He always makes girls cry. And that’s what I really..really hate in guys. Hmmft EVIL CASSANOVA. Oh well we do have different opinions.

END OF POV

 

KYUHYUN’S POV

“ You again? CHO KYUHYUN. How many times did I tell you to be more sensitive when choosing your words?” she scolded me then she walked away.

“ How many times has she told me that?” I thought. I don’t know why our SC pres is so cold towards us guys.

“KyuHyun-ssi” someone called me.

“ Oh, Changmin-ssi, what’s up?” I said to my classmate

“I wonder why our president hates guys so much. Can’t you make her hate us a little bit less?” he asked

“Do it yourself. I’m not interested.” I answered and started walking.

“Wait for me.”

END OF POV

 

When Seohyun was on her way home..

SEOHYUN’S POV

I really hate guys who make girls cry..

I opened the gate of our house when suddenly it fell

“Omo, the gate is destroyed again. It will need some amount to get it fixed again”

I picked the gate and tried to reattach the gate but it just fell again.

“Aishh..this is so annoying” I surrendered and entered the house.

“ I’m home”

“ Unnie you’re back” my sister, Suzy greeted. “ Unnie be careful of the hole on the floor. I fell in that a while ago but I covered it with a newspaper to hide it.”

“Ommo, kwaenchanayo? Did you get hurt?”

She just looked at me. “You’re worrying too much unnie” she said with no emotions. “ I think the wood on the floor is already brittle so it was easily destroyed.”

“Yes, I think so. I’ll just repair it”

“ok” she said boredly.

She is my younger sister. Seo Suzy. She is in middle school. If you ask me to describe her, she’s not the typical bubbly little sis. I usually characterize her as someone cold, expressionless and emotionless. In short, she’s apathetic. Her expressions are the same whether she’s happy, sad, angry, excited or so on. She has this hobby of joining prized contests and more often than not she actually wins. Most of the contests that she joins in are those with prizes of food, maybe because she wants to help our family knowing our meager condition.

FLASBACK

“Joining a contest again?” I asked

“Yes, and I want to get the first prize. It’s a grocery package of rice, fruits, vegetables and many more unnie.” She said emotionless

“Suzy, why don’t you join contests with prizes that you can enjoy like teddy bears and those girly stuffs?” I worriedly asked

“Wae unnie? I am happy when I win food.” She answered me apathetically

“Are you really happy?”

“deh. Isn’t it obvious?” she asked

I looked on her face to see any evidences of happiness but I failed. She’s just so apathetic. No expressions just as I said.

“Ok..you win, do what you want” I sighed

“Gomawoyo unnie” then she smiled a bit or let me change that, she smirked.

END OF FLASHBACK

My younger sister usually doesn’t act like her age. She has problems that children her age don’t have, and that makes me really worried. I once said to her that she can loosen up a little bit and that she can lean and depend on me and omma. But she’s just so mature for her age. Although she usually acts cold, she’s a ball of sunshine for me. And I love her for that.

END OF POV

 

Seohyun went to her mother’s room after she changed her clothes. She saw her mom computing something- their daily expenses perhaps.

Cough, cough

“Omma, you worked night shift yesterday right? Just take a rest for now” she told her mom

“I’m ok, I just need to do this.” her mom smiled

“Araso, just don’t overwork yourself. I can help with the expenses” Seohyun said

“If only dad hasn’t disappeared after leaving a debt” Suzy butted in

Upon hearing what her sister said, memories from the past came flashing back to Seohyun’s head.

She saw pictures of her mom and dad fighting over their expenses..

her dad leaving their house..

 her little sister hugging her teddy bear and crying hard..

them being chased out of their house..

And the most painful for her..a picture of her mom silently crying every night because of their difficulties

From that time on, she really hated guys..especially those types..those that make women cry.

“Let’s just not talk about it” seohyun said. “We would overcome all of these” then she flashed her brightest smile.

“ I’m happy that you are so optimistic Seohyun-ah” her mom said

“ Oh, I forgot, unnie the manager of the café you’re working at called a while ago. She said that one of the workers can’t come and she wants you to take over her place” Suzy said

“ Really? Why didn’t you tell me immediately?” Seohyun panicked. “Then I should go now. And Omma, don’t overwork yourself huh? Araso?” Seohyun reminded her mom

“deh, araso Seohyun-ah” her mom answered

“ Unnie could you drop this on your way?” Suzy gave her an envelope

“Another prized contest?” Seohyun asked

“Gomawo unnie, annyeong” Suzy replied and waved her hand

“Then I’ll be going. Bye.”

 

At the Café..

“Welcome back, Master” Seohyun gleefully greeted the customers

Seohyun works in a cosplay café. It is a maid café so naturally, the employees dress like maids and act like maids. The name of the café is Maid Latte. It is owned by Kim Taeyeon, a young successful entrepreneur. It was just recently that she got the job but she came to be good friends with the workers of the café especially to the café owner. The workers treat each other as friends. Even Taeyeon is close to all the workers.

“I’m sorry for bothering you to take this shift Seohyun-ah.”  The cheerful café owner apologized to Seohyun

“It’s ok Taeyeon unnie. I’ve got several of expenses this month, so it was actually a good opportunity” I replied

“I’m so happy that I have you, you saved me” Taeyeon hugged Seohyun

“Seohyun-ssi, can you get the trash out? It’s already full” Yoona, her fellow worker asked.

“Yes, I’m coming”

 

At the back of the restaurant..

Seohyun carried the trash bag and put it in a bigger bin at the back of the café.

“I’ve been working here for quite some time but still I can’t get used to this place. I don’t have much free time because of student council work so I needed a well paying yet lighter job like this but if someone from school was to see me like this….”

“Wow, what a surprise. Isn’t it the pres?” a certain guy uttered

Her eyes went wide and she was shocked but the guy continued walking while taking glances on her. Seohyun remained frozen until the guy was already out of her sight. The only thing that came out of was..

“Ch..CHO KYUHYUN” she uttered in despair.

 

SEOHYUN’S POV

8:30 pm..at the locker Room, while the employees are preparing to get off of work..

The incident a while ago kept occupying my head. It would have been better if that Cho Kyuhyun had not seen me in this..this stupid maid uniform. For sure he would spread to the whole school that their Student council President, who more or less always kept implementing rules, actually works as a maid in a cosplay café. Those years that I have worked hard to gain other people’s trust was now beginning to vanish, thanks to that Evil Cassanova.

“Aissh” I smacked my head three times. ‘This is the end of you Seo Joo Hyun’ I said to myself.

“Is there a problem Seohyun-ssi?” Hyohyeon, also my fellow employee asked me

“It’s nothing unnie. I’m fine” I said

“Are you sure?” Tiffany unnie also asked

“Really, I’m fine unnie. Don’t worry” then I flashed a smile so that they won’t worry

“Ok.. a smile suits you better.” Taeyeon said

“Then I’ll go first” I said

“Thanks for the hard work”

“Deh Kamsahamnida” I bowed to everyone.

END OF POV

 

 

A/N: I adopted the story from an anime called Maid SAma. This is my first fanfic. ENjoy!