Chapter 28

Please Keep My Secret

 

Dongguk High..

It is YoonHae’s 2nd week of being engaged..

YOONA’S POV

For the past week, Donghae and I have gotten closer. Even for a bit, I think. Nowadays, it doesn’t feel that intimidating already. Nowadays, we would greet each other when we have an encounter at the corridor. We even went to a date once. Of course, we still need to stick with the engagement or else ‘he would be soooo dead’ as what he always says.

I smiled as I remembered how he looked like when he pouts..kekeke!!

I did not expect that he has this childish and gentle side of him. I’ve always known him as an arrogant playboy. And that’s the thing I hate of him the most. Everything would have been fine except for that evil heartbreaker attitude of his.

END OF POV

 

Lunch break..

Yoona was eating her lunch with her friends in the canteen. They were happily chatting when Donghae approached them.

“Yoong!” Donghae happily called. “Come with me”

Yoona’s friends looked at Donghae then to Yoona. They gave her a what’s-going-on look. She tried to smile to let her friends know that nothing special was happening.

“Ah..Donghae-ssi..I’m eating with my friends right now” Yoona tried to turn down Donghae’s invitation.

Donghae grabbed Yoona’s wrist and pulled her up from sitting. “May I borrow Yoona this time?” Donghae asked Yoona’s friends with a wink.

All of Yoona’s friends blushed and were silent because of shock.

“I bet silence means yes?!” Donghae said and then looked at Yoona. “Kaja?”

“Yoona looked at her friends and bowed “I’ll make it up with you next time” and she let herself be dragged by Donghae.

Not far from their table..

“Sunye, don’t you think Donghae-ssi and Im Yoona has been frequently hanging out with each other lately?” Ye Eun asked

“Yea, but don’t worry. Maybe, she’s just his target this time.” Sunye replied. “In the long run, Hae would just dump her when he starts to get bored again.”

Sunye was one of Donghae’s ex-girlfriends. She is beautiful but she’s got a princess complex. She thinks of herself highly and loves Donghae so much. She thinks that in the end, Donghae would come back to her.

 

At the SC Office..

“Yah! Donghae-ssi, are you crazy?” Yoona asked angrily. “Why do you keep on dragging people out just like that?”

“Whoa, chill! I just needed company for lunch.” Donghae answered.

“Why does it have to be me?” Yoona asked. “Where are your disciples from the Student Council?”

“I don’t eat with them, you know. Besides, is there something wrong with me inviting my fiancé for luncg?” Donghae asked

“Psshh” Yoona grunted. “And when did you become serious about the engagement, Mister?” Yoona asked sarcastically.

Donghae did not reply. He just kept on giving her a blank stare. Yoona felt awkward. “W-What are you staring at?” she stuttered.

“Nothing” Donghae said still staring at her. “I just noticed that you rather look cute.”

“”Bo???” Yoona shockingly asked and looked away to hide her blush “Yah, Donghae-ssi, is this how you make girls to get head over heels for you?”

“Wae? Are you falling in love with me already?” Donghae teased

“What kind of interpretation is that?!” Yoona blurted. “This is enough. I’m leaving!” and she stood up.

“Wait” Donghae stopped her. “Don’t leave yet. I was just kidding. Take a sit and let’s eat together. I told you I just needed company.”

Yoona went back to her seat. Seeing this, Donghae smiled to her.

“Here” Donghae opened the lunchboxes on the table. “Our butler gave me so much. I can’t finish them all”

“..” Yoona just nodded

“While eating, the two were both silent. Yoona decided to speak up what has been bugging her mind this past week.

“Donghae-ssi” she said. “I have a request for you about this engagement thing”

“What is it?”

“Please don’t look for a girlfriend at least until the engagement is off” Yoona spilled

“…”

“Please don’t misunderstand” Yoona tried to explain. “Since you said that you just have to stick with me for a month, until then, please don’t see other girls. Not that I’m controlling you but it is for my dad’s sake and our family’s reputation”

Donghae forced a smile. “It seems like you still see me as a playboy, don’t you?” Donghae said gloomily.

“A-aniyo, I did not intend to mean like tha--”

“It’s okay! I can’t blame you. That was how I was by the way.” Donghae said. “Don’t worry, I won’t do that anymore”

“Really?” Yoona asked happily

“yeah!”

“Hmm? Why the sudden change?” Yoona asked

“Aissh. Yah, Im Yoona, can’t people change?” Donghae asked in a pissed tone. He put down his chopsticks and started to open up. “Actually, a couple of weeks ago, I met a very interesting person. Since I was a kid, I always believed that people made friends with me because of money..because I am rich..because my family is influential. But this person was able to break that belief of mine. I offered her a great deal about money and education. It was so great that there’s no reason to decline it. But much to my surprise, she turned it down. I learned from her that not all people could be lured by money. She also said that I should not look down on people especially those less fortunate as useless and worthless people, that each and every person deserves other people’s respect”

Yoona was surprised. “Now, you finally realized that money isn’t everything.” Yoona said. “If you like, I would be the first person to become your friend not because of money but because you are Lee Donghae”

Donghae  smiled. “I’d love to. Gomawo.” Donghae replied then everything was silent again. “Hmmm, the atmosphere is so serious. Let’s talk about something else. Ah, do you like strawberries?”

“Strawberries?”

“Yes!” Donghe said.  “I always have them. It’s my favorite. Here, get some” he offered a box of strawberries to Yoona.

“Kamsahamnida”

“Donghae also reached for some and ate them..one after one and after another.

Yoona giggled. “You eat like a kid”

“I know! My dad always tells me that. And I can ignore everything just for strawberries” Donghae said and they both laughed.

After eating their lunch.

“I better go. The next class will start soon.” Yoona stood up and headed towards the door.

“Yoong, thanks for today” Donghae said

“Deh” Yoona answered. “By the way, why do you know my nickname?”

“I heard your dad call you Yoong during the engagement meeting.” Donghae said

“Oh, I see”

“Uhmm,  also noticed that you always call me Donghae-ssi” Donghae said. “You could drop the formalities. Just call me Hae. Besides, we are friends already, right?”

“Alright!” Yoona smiled. “ By the way, thanks for the lunch, Hae” she said then bowed before going to her next class.

“Bye..”

My first true friend.