Chapter 32

Please Keep My Secret

 

Leave everything to your Master.” Kyuhyun uttered in her ear

“What..kind of lunacy..are you saying…” Seohyun could hardly speak.

As the last drop of rain fell from the dark sky, Kyuhyun felt that Seohyun’s whole body relaxed.

 He released her from his embrace.

“23 hours and 55 minutes.” a voice said.

Kyuhyun looked towards the sound and stood up.

“You were 5 minutes away from it. It seems like it is my victory neh, Kyuhyun-ssi?!” Siwon said with a smirk. “You should step down from the position of being the Prez’s knight already. If she seriously starts to hate you, you won’t be able to do anything, anymor—”

“Siwon-ssi!!” Kyuhyun said coldly. “Do you really want me to get serious” Kyuhyun glared at him sternly

“I-It’s no use threatening me now.” Siwon stuttered. “Prez is asleep. When she wakes up--.. ”

“Who’s asleep?” both of them heard a weak voice. “Listening to Kyuhyun’s crazy lines made me irritated and that kept me awake.” Seohyun now stood up and faced towards Siwon.

Siwon was awed.

“Siwon!!” Seohyun called. “You’ve gone too far for me to care that you’re not good with girls. I’ll put you through the ultimate punishment” Seohyun threatened.

And the minute hand of the clock pointed 12 signifying the end of the last minute of the effectiveness of the casted hypnotism.

 

The next day, students at Kyunghee High were busy preparing for the upcoming open house..

The Pabo Trio was looking at the school’s bulletin board for any announcement.

“Open House notice?” Yesung asked

“It’s the time when the campus opens for the seniors of middle schools, right?” Eunhyuk tried to confirm

Then suddenly members of the different sports clubs gathered around the bulletin board.

“Recruitment of new members start tomorrow” a member of the baseball club said

“We should find the next ace” a basketball player also said

“It happens on the weekend, and showing off the clubs is the main point” Yesung said innocently.

“So it has nothing to do with us” KangIn said

Meanwhile, the girls headed by the Prez were also having a meeting..

“Wow!! cafeteria stuff? Cool!!” Yuri said as she was looking at the paper Seohyun handed her

“It looks like you will be doing a lot of stuffs this year” Sooyoung said to Seohyun

“I want to make a cute cafeteria in the middle of the tour course as a rest area.” Seohyun answered. “And I want to make it an environment wherein even the middleschoolers can blend in. I know the preparation for it would be hard, but could you guys help out? I would really need a hand”

“Of course” Yuri and the rest of the girls agreed

“We’ll ask other girls, too” a sophomore said.

“Gomawo” Seohyun replied

“I can’t wait to see the middle school students come.” Yuri said

“How should we decorate?” a freshman asked

“We need to consider the budget.” Sooyoung said

“And I’m sure you’ll need someone to do the heavy work, and I can’t expect much help from the guys..” Seohyun said “Use him. He is Choi Siwon” Seohyun said as she tapped his shoulder. “Due to some reason, he has become the student council’s assistant” she said glaring at Siwon.

Siwon kept on avoiding the girl’s gazes and nervously stood infront of them.

“Hi, Siwon-ssi! Nice to meet you” Sooyoung said

“Oh!! You were the one that I greeted for Kyuhyun-ssi, right?” Yuri asked

“…” no response

“The other day, don’t you remember?” Yuri asked again when Siwon did not answer

“….” still no response

“I think you forgot already. Anyways, it’s nice meeting you Siwon-ssi” Yuri said with a smile

 

After class, in the school’s cafeteria, all the girls were busy preparing the café while Siwon stood in one corner away from the girls so Ryeowook decided to approach him

“Siwon-ssi, I don’t really understand the situation but if you help out as part of the cafeteria staff, Prez said she’ll forgive you” Ryeowook said. “Ah, by the way, I’m Kim Ryeowook, the SC vice President and the cafeteria staff leader”

Siwon did not care. He was about to walk out when Seohyun glared at him. Because he was scared, Siwon followed Ryeowook.

Later..

“Siwon-ssi, could you help us carry these boxes?” Sooyoung asked while carrying a big box

Siwon was about to dash off again but Seohyun was already at his side shooting him an angry glare. Siwon backed off and immediately grabbed the box Sooyoung was holding

What is this? I’ve noticed something strange while looking at Siwon-ssi. Seohyun thought. He is avoiding the girls but he doesn’t see them as enemies either.

 

Meanwhile, at Maid Latte…

“ehh? Seohyun-ssi is not working today?” Eunhyuk asked

“Pabo, we come to the store wether Seohyun-ssi is here or not” KangIn smacked Eunhyuk’s head

“Looks like it also goes that way for Kyuhyun-ssi” Yesung said while looking at the table next to theirs where Kyuhyun was.

“You see, we should not let Kyuhyun-ssi defeat us” KangIn said

“Arasso!” Eunhyuk said

“We will work harder. Fighting!!” Yesung said

“Fighting!!” KangIn and Eunhyuk imitated Yesung

At the other table, Kyuhyun heaved a big sigh before mumbling “Pabo..”

 

The day before the open house..

“Siwon-ssi, a little to the right” Yuri said as Siwon was hanging the curtains

Siwon nervously arranged the curtains.

“It looks a little crooked” Sooyoung said

“It looks like you’re hard at work, Siwon-ssi” Seohyun interrupted the conversation.

“…..” Siwon did not say a word but continued on working

“It’s finally tomorrow” Seohyun said

Seohyun-ah” Yuri called. “Would you look at these” pointing at a box

“We would like to use these as costumes” Sooyoung said

Seohyun opened the box and she was dumbfounded when she saw maid costumes inside .Suddenly, her heart started to beat faster and louder.

“Surprised?” Yuri asked with a smile

“We went through a lot to get them” Sooyoung added

“The teachers said it looks interesting too” a freshman said

“Don’t you think it’s a good idea?” Yuri asked

Seohyun tried to calm herself before answering them but her heart would not listen.

I can’t be like this. Seohyun took a deep breath and said “Don’t worry, do as you like” she managed to smile.

“Yaay, then everything is settled” Sooyoung said cheerfully

 

Saturday..

And so the day of the open house came..

Unexpectedly, a lot of middle school senior students came to the school’s open house.

“The students will take you on the tour” Seohyun announced over the microphone. “I’m sure different people want to see the different sides of Kyunghee High, so pick up the course you are interested in. There are courses that center on the different clubs of the school, so if something interests you, please don’t be shy to approach our Student Council officers for assistance. They will be the ones to tour you around. If you can’t choose a particular course or you would want to have a broad knowledge about the school, come here. You can ask questions too”

After the students have chosen their courses, they proceeded on the tour..

While touring around the campus

Looks like everything is progressing well right now. But it seems like the sports team is having a little trouble. Seohyun thought when she saw the members of the sports club outside. They are just making a fool out of themselves.

“Hey, you there..” Seohyun called to someone she saw along the corridor

Kyuhyun turned and smiled at her brightly. “Don’t pretend that were strangers, Seo”

“If you’re going to act bored, you should remember that you didn’t have to come to school on a weekend” Seohyun said

“Oh come on. I’m acting as you’re support” Kyuhyun teased. “Isn’t it reassuring to have me around?”

Seohyun  approached Kyuhyun and whispered in an irritated tone, “Shut up, everyone gets distracted when you are around. You stand out too much”

“Eh??” Kyuhyun asked with a cute face. “Even if you say that..then what am I supposed to do?”

Seohyun smiled evilly. “I have a task I would love for you to do.”

“Hmmm???”

Then Seohyun opened the window and called the members of the Sports club.

“Hey, you soccer team, Kyuhyun-ssi said he would love to help you guys out.” Seohyun said

“Ehh, Kyuhyun-ssi does?” the players suddenly became hyped up.

“Please come with us Kyuhyun-ssi and show them a demonstration!!” And everybody ran towards them

“Eh? Kyuhyun-ssi is helping to gather a crowd. We should also get him.” the members of the baseball team said.

Hearing the commotion that Kyuhyun would help out the Sports Club, they all ran towards Kyuhyun.

Seohyun faced Kyuhyun, tapped his shoulder and said, “Well, I’ll be depending much on you for Kyunghee High’s sake”

“…” Kyuhyun was taken aback by the sudden task he was given. “YAH! Seo Joo Hyun!!” Before he could say anything else he was already dragged by the Sports Club. All he could see was Seohyun waving a hand to him with a wide grin on her face. Yah, Seo Joo Hyun you’ll pay me much for this .Kyuhyun said in his thoughts.

 

Meanwhile, at the school cafeteria…

“N-no..Hold on! I-I d-don’t need to” Siwon stuttered. “I-I can’t serve people”

“eeeeiii, don’t say that we actually prepared a uniform for you” Yuri said with a smiled

“Yea, it would be fun if we could all work together” the other girls tried to convince him.

 

“Y-You can have fun by yourselves” Siwon politely declined

“Don’t say things like that” Sooyoung said. “We all worked hard together. So come on! Let’s enjoy it to the end”

“…..”

“You also worked hard you know” other girls encouraged him. “Although you often ran away in the beginning.”

“We’ll work with the customers, so you can just carry the dishes.” they added

“We will support you when something happens.”

“See! Ryeowwok-ssi is also having fun” Yuri pointed Ryeowook

“Neh, Siwon-ssi let’s just enjoy this” Ryeowook said. “Prez would be happy”

I think girls are not the way I have always thought of them to be. They seem warm and friendly. Siwon finally had a realization.

 

Meanwhile, at the soccer field…

“GOAL!!”

“Kyuhyun-ssi is so cool” Changmin said

Kyuhyun just made a demonstration for the soccer team. Before he could get time to rest, he was immediately dragged by the baseball team.

“Kyuhyun-ssi, do a demonstration with us also.

Kyuhyun dresses to a baseball uniform. Kyuhyun could only sigh.

 

At Seohyun’s group..

“Anywhere else you’d like to see?” Seohyun asked the middle schoolers she was accompanying

“We’re fine. We’ve got to see the art equipment in the art room and even got to play the piano for the first time in the music room.” a student said

 “I didn’t think that this visit could be this fun” another girl said

“Great! Be sure to enjoy it fully” Seohyun replied

“STRIKE 3!!! BATTER OUT!!!” they heard 

“Wow! Unnie, you’re baseball pitcher is really cool” a student exclaimed

“Yea, it would be great to be in a team with him” a male student said

Seohyun looked toward the baseball field and saw Kyuhyun tossing the ball at the pitcher’s plate.

He better do it well. Since he’s already here, he better make himself useful. kekeke. Seohyun thought. Seohyun glanced again towards Kyuhyun and saw him being dragged by the tennis team again. But it’s a pity that he gets dragged around everytime. It might be very tiring for him also. Mianhae, Kyu.

“Unnie, where do we go next” the students asked

“Maybe we should head to the cafeteria now” Seohyun said

“Okay!!” and they went to the cafeteria

“So, all the tours end at the cafeteria?” a student asked

“We figured that everyone would be tired from walking, so we prepared a time to rest and for you to ask questions” Seohyun replied. “You can hear stories from the other upperclassmen too”

“Okay!”

“Alright, get in” Seohyun told them

“Welcome!!” Yuri greeted them

“wooow. It’s like a maid café” the students exclaimed

“Make yourselves at home” Seohyun said awkwardly. Just being at the cafeteria makes her feel uncomfortable. It feels like the place is shouting about her part time job.

“Seohyun-ah!!!” Yuri called. “Don’t you think it’s pretty?” pertaining to the maid uniform

“Y-You’re so cute, Yuri!!” Seohyun stuttered

“You should join us Seo” Yuri suggested

“Thanks!! BUT NO THANKS!! Seohyun hurriedly declined. “Rather than that, it seems like everything is going well” she changed the topic

“Yea, everyone is having fun” Yuri smiled

“But honestly, the guys are pretty dumbfounded” Sooyoung added

“But, if you go talk to them, they come in” Yuri said

“Yes. I thought the boys would laugh but seeing this they look pretty relaxed” Sooyoung said. “Both the boys and the girls are enjoying it. It would be fun if everyday is like this”

“Yeah” Seohyun agreed. “It’s wonderful to have such a good time with everyone.” Yes this is what I want. “Okay, I’ll go check out the other places”

On Seohyun’s way out, he bumped into someone.

“Mianhae” she apologized. “Neh, Siwon-ssi? You look pretty cute with those bunny ears” Seohyun complimented.

“I had no choice! I can’t run anywhere when I’m surrounded by so many girls.” Siwon defended

“What? Don’t tell me they stripped you down” Seohyun teased

“NO!!” Siwon disagreed loudly. “This is why I hate girls. How could this bunny ears be perfect on me???” Siwon ranted Seohyun in panic. “Am I a rabbit?? How differently do girls see the world? What is a maid costume? Why does it make people so cheerful? I really don’t understand. What are thess creatures, they look really weak and fragile outside but they can really be ridiculously cruel.”

“Siwon-ssi” Seohyun interrupted. “You keep eye contact more ofthen while you talk now. I’m sure you saw them really up close. Did you always see them as people who pretend to be innocent?”

“….”

Seohyun tapped his shoulder. “I don’t think you need to run away from them anymore. As what  can see, girls are naturally warm and cheerful. If n the past you’ve got a painful experience about them, I guess you just got unlucky. Not every girl shares the same personality as the others.” she said before going away.

“This is the first time I’ve ever spent so much time with girls” Siwon said to himself.

I was bullied by girls when I was young so you can’t blame me for despising girls so much. I know. I know that they can’t all be the same. I just got unlucky that they were the ones that I’ve met. I’ve known that for a long time, but I’ve never had the urge to get close to them. If I become close to someone, something like that could happen again.

 

Meanwhile, at the Sports Club..

Kyuhyun won an exhibition match in Taekwondo with a middle schooler.

“Don’t underestimate the strength of High School students” the head of the Taekwondo bragged

In a corner Kyuhyun sat quietly and closed his eyes to rest for a bit, when suddenly he was surrounded by other club members again..

“Kyuhyun-ssi, Please come with us next!” they pleaded.

Kyuhyun slowly opened his eyes and glared at them. “I’ve had enough.” he said coldly

Everybody kept silent and said, “O-Okay” half-heartedly.  What else could they do? Better not mess with the angry EvilKyu.

 

Back at the cafeteria…

“Maybe I’ll apply at Kyunghee” a girl student said

Seohyun suddenly felt excited. “You mean, you want to apply here? You’re more than welcome to. So you liked it here?”

“Yes!” the girl answered cheerfully but then suddenly frowned. “But..maybe not”

“Ah, waeyo?” Seohyun asked

“I’m not good with boys. They scare me a little” the girl answered

“She’s been in an environment with nothing but girls all the time” the girl’s friend added

“She only came here with us” another said

“There are a lot of boy’s here at Kyunghee, right?” the girl asked. “I wish it was an all girls’ school”

“Uhmm, not good with boys neh?” Seohyun scratched her head.

“Yeah”

“Hey, then is he scary?” Seohyun dragged Siwon

“Oh, uhmm, a bit” the girl answered

“Come on Siwon-ssi, make her feel like you’re not scary” Seohyun whispered

Siwon hissed at her.

“Take a good look at her. Come on. It’s not scary” Seohyun said with a smile.

I don’t think you need to run away anymore.

“Okay” Siwon said and approached the middle high school girl. “I’ll cast a spell on you now. Close your eyes.”

The girl closed her eyes.

“From this time on, you will…no longer afraid of boys.” Siwon said and tapped his hands once.

SILENCE……

The girl released a soft giggle and everyone followed. “Yes, I think I’m not afraid of them anymore” the girl continued to giggle.

“Hear that? He said a spell. He’s so cute” the other friends giggled also

“Yeah, and the bunny ears”

Seeing everyone happy, Siwon slipped a smile on his lips.

 

After some time, the open House ended. Everyone was busy tidying up..

At the cafeteria…

“So, you can cast a cute spell like that too, Siwon-ssi” Seohyun teased Siwon

But Siwon did not say anything still his back facing her.

“Siwon-ssi, thank you for your hard work” Seohyun said. “As promised, I’ll forgive you for everything. Be careful on your way home”

When Siwon was about to thank Seohyun also, she was not there already.

“Uhmm Prez, Gomawo..” he still said

 

KYUHYUN’S POV

Walking along the pathway, I saw Seohyun and Siwon-ssi talking to each other outside the cafeteria.

She has time for chit chat but she has no time to look for me? “Aishh, this ungrateful girl” I said to myself and approached the two of them

“As promised, I’ll forgive you for everything. Be careful on your way home” I heard Seohyun say to Siwon.

Without hesitating, I grabbed Seohyun’s hand and dragged her away. I don’t care if I intruded their conversation. It’s time for her to pay me back.

“Yah!! What are you doing?” she yelled. “Didn’t you see I was talking to Siwon-ssi a while ago” Seohyun tried to free her hand from my grip but I just tightened it and continued dragging her. “Yah!! Let go!”

I did not utter a word but shot her a glare instead. She stopped struggling and let herself be dragged by me.

SILENCE..

“Good work today, Kyuhyun-ssi..” Seohyun finally broke the silence between us but it did not appease my storming feelings. “Where are we going?” she asked but I still I did not answer. “Why aren’t you saying anything, Kyuhyun-ssi?”

I stopped on my pace and let go of her hand. I faced her and asked, “Why are you suddenly so formal to me?”

“E-ermm..” she cannot even answer me straight. “Uhmm, mianhae” she finally said

“Why are you suddenly apologizing?” I asked coldly. “Did you do something wrong?” I asked emphasizing on the word ‘wrong’.

“T-that’s..”

“Now, you realize what you did wrong?” I cut her words in a cold tone.

“Oh..” she said after nodding

Sigh. ‘It’s not like I can be mad at you for a long time’ I said in my head.

SILENCE AGAIN..

“Have you had enough?” it was my turn to break the silence

“Ehh?” she asked

“Punishing Siwon-ssi, I mean” I said

“Oh yeah, sure did” she said awkwardly

“Okay.” I replied. “Then, can you thank me now? You didn’t come check on me at all. I am so tired”

“Oh!! Thanks to you, it looks like the sports teams had a wonderful open house. It’s great. And that’s all because of you. Thanks a lot!” she thanked me with a cheerful tone

I just looked at her blankly.

“Not enough?” she asked

“COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE!” I replied nonchalantly. “Do something that would make you happy if it was done to you. You don’t even know how to thank other people for what they have done for yo---”

I was cut from my sentence when I felt her hand tapping my head. “Arasso. Good work for today, Kyu” she said with a slight blush on her face.

I felt my heart thump wildly. I was very happy.

“Would this be enough?” she asked sarcastically

I did not answer but kept my head down.

“I guess silence means yes” she said then walked away.

I touched the part of my head where she tapped. I raised my head and saw her from a distance.

“More than enough” I said with a very wide smile plastered on my face.

END OF POV

 

 

----------------------

A/N: It's been 2 weeks since i last updated..

MIanhae, if it took so long.. i was busy..

A light chapter for everyone..

Comment, neh?..tnx a lot..