Chapter 42

Please Keep My Secret

 It’s a fine Saturday morning at Maid Latte..

“Why is the transfer student here?” Eunhyuk asked Jaejoong

“I was strolling around and I got hungry so I came here” Jaejoong answered. “And someone told me that they have an event here.”

“It’s only for Maid Latte fans, you know?” Yesung said

“Aniyo. They said it’s open for all” Jaejoong said

“Arasso!” KangIn said. “But since we are the regular customers, we should be the first ones to go in”

“Alright that’s okay with me!” Jaejoong said

Not far away, Seohyun was on her way to Maid Latte to work. She saw the Pabo Trio and Jaejoong outside the café.

“Oh no! I knew that the Pabo Trio would come but Jaejoong-ssi, this is unexpected” Seohyun said. “I’ll call unnie to excuse me this time.”

Seohyun called Taeyeon and was able to convince her. As soon as she hang up the phone she walked back home.

 

The Pabo Trio entered the café followed by Jaejoong. As soon as Jaejoong went in…

“Chukkahae, Master!!!” Yoona and Hyoyeon greeted while throwing some confetti’s

“You are our 100th customer for today so you win a limited edition prize.” Taeyeon announced

“Kamsahamnida” Jaejoong said. “So, this was the event they were telling me?”

“Yes Master, we are celebrating our 4th anniversary as a café so we decided to give a prize for our 100th customer” Tiffany said

“Please, enjoy your stay, Master!” the four of them said and ushered Jaejoong to a table

“Deh!” Jaejoong answered

 

At the kitchen..

“Good morning, Kyuhyun-ssi” Taeyeon greeted

“Good morning, Manager” Kyuhyun greeted back. “Is Seohyun in already?”

“Ah, Seohyun won’t come today, she said something came up at home” Taeyeon said

“Ah, okay”

“It’s gonna be pretty packed today. Look at all the people out there” Taeyeon said

Kyuhyun scattered her gaze and saw Jaejoong in one table.

“Jaejoong-ssi?”

“Ah, you know him?”

“Yup, a schoolmate” Kyuhyun answered

“He is the 100th customer” Taeyeon said

 

Back to where Jaejoong was..

“Then, I will explain about the prizes.” Tiffany said. “The first one on the list is a jar of handmade cookies by the maids. Second is a pair of complimentary coupons for a free lunch. And third is a commemorative photo with the maid of your choice”

 “By the way, which maid would you choose?” Yoona said.

“Eh? I’m fine with any of them” Jaejoong answered

“Please choose from this list then” Yoona said. “You can take it on another day if you choose one who is on leave today”

“Hmmm..I’ll choose…” Jaejoong scanned the list. “Seohyun-ssi!! She has the same name as the girl I like”

“Wow! What an amazing coincidence!”

“Crap! The photo that we have always wanted!!” Eunhyuk said in disappointment. “This is your entire fault KangIn-ssi, if we could have just let him enter first, we could have been the 100th customer”

“Why is that transfer student so lucky?” KangIn complained

 

Back in the kitchen..

“The desserts are a big hit just as expected from you, Kyuhyun-ssi” Taeyeon said

“I’m glad it is” Kyuhyun answered as he was designing the desserts he made

“Geez, you could even become a pro on this”

“Ani, I’m fine with it being a side interest” Kyuhyun said

“By the way, Jaejoong-ssi chose Seohyun for the commemorative photo”

“Ah, really?”

 

The next day at Kyunghee High..

At the SC Office…

“The girls at the café were puzzled why you didn’t come during the anniversary” Kyuhyun said

“Something came up at home that’s why” Seohyun lied

“Really?” Kyuhyun asked. “By the way, Jaejoong-ssi came and he chose you for the commemorative photo”

“Yeah, Taeyeon-unnie told me. That’s why I’m thinking of a way how to deal with it” Seohyun said

“Seohyun-ah!!!” Jaejoong called for her.

“Jaejoong-ssi!”

“Come with me for a while” he whispered and dragged her away

“What’s wrong?” Seohyun asked. Could it be that he found out about it too?

“Do you like maid uniforms?”

“N-No!” Seohyun strongly disagreed

“Do you go to maid café’s?”

“NO! No!” Seohyun denied while swinging her hands in disagreement

“I see so it’s someone else, huh..” Jaejoong smiled.

“Uhummm!” Seohyun said

“By the way, do you know about a café called Maid Latte?” Jaejoong asked out of the blue

“Don’t know!! Never heard of it!!” Seohyun immediately denied

“Really? I was surprised when I first went there! I thought girls would like that place better..” Jaejoong said

“Ehh?”

“I got some coupons to eat there for free, so wanna come?” Jaejoong asked. Let’s go there some time, neh Seohyun-ah!”

“Ehhh?????” Seohyun sweated

 

After three days right after school was over, Seohyun, Jaejoong and Kyuhyun were infront of Maid Latte. Today was the day Jaejoong was supposed to treat Seohyun a free meal at Maid Latte.

SEOHYUN’S POV

I am a bit uneasy today but I need to do this so that Jaejoong-ssi won’t bother on asking about Maid Latte anymore. Thanks to my unnies I managed to think of a way to get through this.

This is the best plan I’ve got!!

FLASHBACK FROM THREE DAYS AGO

“Then, I’ll review the plan!” Taeyeon-unnie said. “First, you and Jaejoong-ssi will come in. Then, after a suitable length of time, Tiffany will come out to pretend as you. Lastly, I’ll take the commemorative photo of them and, TADA!!! Mission complete!!”

“Thanks a lot, Taeyeon unnie” I said then guiltily gazed towards Tiffany-unnie. “And..I’m sorry about this..”

“Uh?” Tiffany-unnie said. “It’s alright Seohyun-ah, you’ve helped me a lot too so just take it as my way of thanking you back”

I smiled at her and thanked her kindness.

“I know you are concerned about this café in your own way.” Taeyeon-unnie mentioned. “You have your reason to hide this, right?”

“Yes” I replied apologetically

“There is no other choice then!” Taeyeon-unnie answered with her usual assuring smile. “I promised your mom that I’d look after you anyway”

But I stood speechless still feeling uncomfortable about asking my unnies to lie for me.

“Don’t have that gloomy face! Work Hard!” I suddenly felt Taayeon-unnie pat my shoulder

“Deh” was the only thing I was able to answered

“Taeyeon-unnie is being so sweet again that it makes me sick” Yoona-ssi interrupted

Everyone looked at her. She must be on her Black Yoona mode again.

“Thanks a lot, Bye!” Yoona-ssi bid goodbye

“There goes the Black Yoona again” Tiffany-unnie said

END OF FLASHBACK

END OF POV

 

Inside Maid Latte..

“WHY DO YOU HAVE TO TAG ALONG WHEN IT IS SUPPOSED TO BE A DATE??” Jaejoong asked Kyuhyun. “I’m not treating you, arasso?”

“You’re stingy as I thought, Mr. Third Rate!!” Kyuhyun answered with a smirk

Kyuhyun..he said he wanted to help, and came along..but I’m sure he’s just here to kill time again. Seohyun said inside her head.

“Feel free to call us if there is anything you need” Hyoyeon said as she handed them the menu.

As Hyoyeon walked away, Seohyun was able to mouth ‘thank you’ to her. In return, she just answered with a nod so that Jaejoong won’t be able to notice about their plan.

I’m glad Jaejoong-ssi chose to come today.There aren’t many regular customers here today .And Kyuhyun is the only one here who knows about my secret. It will be fine as long as he keeps quiet about it.

“Oh?!! They also serve a lunch set for children here!” Jaejoong said. “I wonder if I can change my coupon for that?!”

“That’s not possible” Kyuhyun answered him bluntly

“I did not ask you!!!” Jaejoong retorted. “Anyway why are you always with Seohyun-ssi??”

Aissh, these two are bickering again!

“Yah, can you two stop arguing already.” Seohyun interrupted them. “This is not a place for you to fool around. Watch your manners!!”

“Whoaa, this feels like the way Seohyun-ssi scolded me way back in elementary school” Jaejoong said with a smile.

“Why are you smiling there?” she asked him. “And what’s with that headphones around your neck?”

“Oh, this is from my workplace. The manager gave this to me because he said I was doing a good job and that he noticed that I really enjoy music.” he answered.  “I am currently having a part-time job in a music store.”

KYUHYUN’S POV

I went along with Seohyun and Jaejoong to Maid Latte today. I told her that I would help in the plan but the truth is I just don’t want them to go on a date together. Besides, I haven’t gone out on a real date with her myself. So I won’t let Jaejoong-ssi get the first date of Seohyun. I think I’ve gotten too possessive of her already, don’t you think so?

But do you think this is just alright? She is not even my girlfriend and I get too jealous when she’s around with some other guys. Well by the way, nevermind.

 “Why are you smiling there?” I heard her ask Jaejoong-ssi. “And what’s with that headphones around your neck?”

“Oh, this is from my workplace. The manager gave this to me because he said I was doing a good job and that he noticed that I really enjoy music.” Jaejoong-ssi answered.  “I am currently having a part-time job in a music store.”

 “You can do part-time work?” she asked in amazement

“I knew you would be surprised by it!” Jaejoong-ssi said with a smile

“Who won’t be surprised? It’s good if you don’t mess there at all” I tried to -in in their conversation

“I’m quite reliable in my job, you know!” Jaejoong-ssi answered. “Oh yeah, how about visiting me next time, Seo? I want to show you my masculine side at work” he said shyly scratching the back of his head.

“I know how different you are from the past already” Seohyun said

“Oh really? That’s a shame” Jaejoong-ssi said

“You were a slacker back then” Seohyun claimed. “You used to zone out and was always thinking about playing superhero games.”

“Such a brat!” I stated

“That’s all in the past now!” Jaejoong-ssi defended

“Yeah, you’ve changed a lot!” Seohyun admitted. “You’re a rather passionate guy, surprisingly”

A smile crept on Jaejoong-ssi’s face and his cheeks gave a faint blush.

“That’s because of you, Seohyun-ah!” Jaejoong-ssi acknowledged

“Huh?”

“You were always working hard and trying your best” Jaejoong-ssi complimented. “Besides, you were really kind and everybody admired you!”

“Don’t make it sound so nice” Seohyun said. “There were guys who hated me because of the constant nagging, weren’t there?”

“They are just trying to hide their embarrassment!” Jaejoong-ssi answered. “That is because you’re really cute when you smile.”

“Ehh?” W-What are you talking about?” Seohyun asked

“Wae? Mickey also said the same thing” Jaejoong-ssi said

“Oh yeah there was such a boy huh..” Seohyun thought

“He came with Junsu to visit me”

“Eh? How did they manage to get to your place?” Seohyun asked

The two of them continued their conversation. And what was I feeling right now? I felt so left out. Was it really a good idea to tag along with them in the first place? I felt like I was invisible right there and then. Not wanting the progress of the situation I lightly kicked Seohyun’s foot to get some attention.

She was suddenly cut from her sentence and turned towards me.

“Ah, I’m sorry” I just said. “Don’t mind me”

I hope she got the hint.

END OF POV

 

SEOHYUN’S POV

“Don’t make it sound so nice” I said. “There were guys who hated me because of the constant nagging, weren’t there?”

“They are just trying to hide their embarrassment!” Jaejoong-ssi answered. “That is because you’re really cute when you smile.”

“Ehh?” W-What are you talking about?” I asked

“Wae? Mickey also said the same thing” Jaejoong-ssi said

“Oh yeah there was such a boy huh..” I thought

“He came with Junsu to visit me”

“Eh? How did they manage to get to your place?” I asked

Then suddenly I felt a light kick on my left foot. I looked towards Kyuhyun.

“Ah, I’m sorry. Don’t mind me” he said rather in a depressed tone. Then he looked away.

What is this strange pressure I’m feeling?

“Seohyun-ah?” Jaejoong-ssi interrupted my thoughts

“Ah..uhm..” I stuttered. “Anyway, work hard in your job”

“Deh!!” Jaejoong-ssi said. “By the way, I heard you were working part-time as well. What job is that?”

Crap!!! I made a mistake to talk about jobs!

“I-It’s just a normal part-time job!” I stuttered

“A normal job? You mean like in a convenience store or family restaurants?” he continued to ask

“Uh, yeah, something related to food..”

“So you’re working as a waitress. I want to see!”

“T-There’s nothing special about it to show you” I made an excuse

“Waeyo?” he asked. “Kyuhyun-ssi wants to see it as well, right?” he asked Kyuhyun. “Don’t tell me he has seen it before?”

Jaejoong waited for an answer but Kyuhyun just stared bluntly on him.

Crap! He will pry deeper into it if Kyuhyun tells him about it.

I looked at Kyuhyun who was still staring at Jaejoong.

Please, lie to him!

When Jaejoong cannot wait for his answer he turned to me. Looking at those eyes, I stood up from my chair.

“Seohyun-ah, what’s wrong?” he asked

“Excuse me, I just need to go to the comfort room” I said then headed away.

I headed towards the staff room and changed into my maid uniform.

Asking him to lie to Jaejoong-ssi just to protect my role as the SC President…is just too cruel. He has done so many things for me already. Being a strict President, as well as working here were choices I made myself! So I need to face the consequences these choices entail.

“Seohyun-ah, why are you dressed in your maid uniform already? The plan is that Tiffany will go out to pretend as you” Taeyeon-unnie said

“It’s okay unnie. We will not carry on the plan anymore” I said

“Does this mean you’re going to tell it to him already?” Tiffany asked

I nodded. “I’ll take their order out!”

“Fighting! Seohyun-ah!” Taeyeon unnie, Hyoyeon-unnie and Tiffany unnie encouraged me.

“Uhuumm!!” I said and took the order out.

END OF POV

 

KYUHYUN’S POV

“Waeyo?” Jaejoong-ssi asked. “Kyuhyun-ssi wants to see it as well, right? Don’t tell me he has seen it before?”

Jaejoong-ssi waited for my answer but I just stared bluntly on him. I was supposed to keep her secret.

From the corner of my eyes I saw her turn to me and waited for my answer as well.

I wanted to tell her Don’t worry! I won’t tell anyone about your secret. If lying is the only way to protect you, I’m more than willing to lie ten million times or more.’

When Jaejoong-ssi cannot wait for my answer anymore he turned to Seohyun with a questioning eye.

When Seohyun saw him he instantly stood up from her chair.

“Seohyun-ah, what’s wrong?” he asked

“Excuse me, I just need to go to the comfort room” Seohyun said then walked away.

“Is she alright?” Jaejoong-ssi asked

It looks like she will give up on the plan already.

So, he is someone you doesn’t want to lie to huh..Seo?!

END OF POV

 

“Is she alright?” Jaejoong asked

So, he is someone you doesn’t want to lie to huh..Seo? Kyuhyun said in his head as he released a bitter smile.

“She used to smile more back then..” Jaejoong trailed. “You know, I was involved in an accident and lost my parents from it. I couldn’t speak for a period of time. Many relatives came and cried about it but it seemed so far from me. Somehow, it seemed so surreal to me”

FLASHBACK FROM 8 YEARS AGO

(A/N: I used their childhood names)

Just after the funeral of Hero’s parents…

In a children’s park, two nine-year old kids were at the swing.

“You know, harabouji told me to go to their place” Hero said. “There aren’t any shops there, so I don’t really feel like going there. He told me that I won’t be lonely if I live with him, but I don’t feel lonely now anyway. Also, now, I can play games as much as I want. I wish he would just leave me alone.”

 “You’re saying stupid things again, aren’t you?” his grandfather scolded him. “You’d be lonely now that you would be alone in your house!”

“Harabouji!!??” Hero exclaimed

“Will you stop being stubborn!?” harabouji said

“I’m not stubborn” Hero answered. “I’m neither sad nor lonely so please hurry back to halmeoni’s side”

Joohyun tightened her grip on the swing because of the disappointment he felt about the things her friend was talking right now.

She stood up and tapped Hero’s cheeks. “Hero-ssi!! DON’T EVER LIE ESPECIALLY IF IT’S ABOUT YOUR FEELINGS!!” Joohyun said

“Joohyun-ssi..” Hero uttered, his eyes became watery and from there on, his emotions began burst and then he started cry his heart out. “OMMA!!! APPA!!” he called for his parents

All of Hero’s feelings surged up that moment and he cried really hard. His harabouji saw him crying and started to cry as well.

“I’m sorry that I hit your cheeks, Hero-ssi” Joohyun apologized

END OF FLASHBACK

“She might have forgotten it, but I still remember it clearly.” Jaejoong told. “The words she said to me and the smile she showed me as I stopped crying…I’ve liked her from then on.!”

“Is that a declaration of war from you?” Kyuhyun asked with a smirk

“That’s if you feel the same towards her, just like me!” Jaejoong answered

“Got it!” Kyuhyun stood up. “If anything happens, come at the café’s backdoor.”

“What backdoor?” Jaejoong asked in confusion. “Are you going already?”

“Uhuum” Kyuhyun answered and went out of the café.

A little while later…

“I’ve brought your meal, Master!” Seohyun said

Jaejoong’s eyes widened when he saw Seohyun in maid uniform. “Ehhhhhhhhhh???? S-Seohyun-ah?”

“Yeah, Master?” Seohyun asked

“Y-You are Seohyun right?” Jaejoong wanted to confirm

“Seohyun put her index finger in her nose “Shhhhhh” she said then smiled

“Ohh, so the Seohyun-ssi that I picked for the commemorative photo is you Seohyun-ah!!!” Jaejoong said excitedly. “So, this is where you are working part-time?”

“P-Please, keep it down, Master” Seohyun said

“You should’ve told me earlier. You didn’t have to lie to me” Jaejoong asked

 “Seohyun!!!” their conversation was interrupted when Kyuhyun called for her. Kyuhyun was now dressed for the substitute kitchen staff.

“Kyu?!”

“Kyuhyun-ssi?” jaejoong asked still confused of the situation.

“Yah Seohyun, you should not make some ruckus here.” Kyuhyun said and dragged her outside through the backdoor. Jaejoong remembered what Kyuhyun said a while ago so he went out immediately.

 

Meanwhile, at the kitchen..

“Why do you think Seohyun suddenly didn’t want to pursue the plan?” Tiffany asked

“Yeah, I’m really curious about it too” Hyoyeon added

“It’s either..” Taeyeon said. “..she doesn’t want to lie to Jaejoong-ssi or she doesn’t want to let Kyuhyun-ssi lie. Either way, it just shows that Seohyun really cares for both guys!”

 

Outside Maid Latte…

SEOHYUN’S POV

“Weren’t you going to wait for Tiffany-ssi to come out for the commemorative photo?” Kyuhyun started to probe

“I was supposed to…but I can’t lie to him” I said. And I realized that I don’t want you to lie for me either. I wanted to add those words.

“That’s just like you” he said despondently

“Thanks for playing along with me!” I thanked him

“Geeez, Seo, you’re really difficult” Kyuhyun said

END OF POV

 

KYUHYUN’S POV

“Weren’t you going to wait for Tiffany-ssi to come out for the commemorative photo?” I asked her

“I was supposed to…but I can’t lie to him” she answered

I was right, he is too special for her that she can’t lie.

“That’s just like you” I said cheerlessly

“Thanks for playing along with me!” she said

“Geeez, Seo, you’re really difficult” I told her

“Kyu..” she said

“Seohyun-ah!” Jaejoong-ssi called

“Jaejoong-ssi, why are you here?” she asked

“Kyuhyun-ssi told me to come here just now!” he answered. “Are the both of you working here?”

“Uh, Kyuhyun works here from time to time..” Seohyun answered

“It looks good on you! You really look cute in that” he said and held Seohyun’s hands. “I’m serious”

“I told you just now” I said yanking his hand away from hers. “From now on, it’s war. If you lay your hands on her again, I’ll tear you throat out!! Be prepared for it”

Jaejoong-ssi answered me also with a glare.

END OF POV

“What’s wrong with both of them?!” Seohyun asked herself

 

Inside the staff room…

“She’s smart but just so slow at all this!!” Yoona exclaimed. “I feel like kicking her for that!”

“What happened to Yoona-ssi again?” Tiffany asked

“Black Yoona again!” Hyoyeon said

“I’m sure Yoona-ssi cares for Seohyun in her own way, too” Taeyeon said

 

 

 

_______________

A/N: I’m sorry that I updated just now. I thought I have uploaded thid chapter last week >_< MIanhae..*bows

Please continue supporting this story and don’t forget to leave some comments. Kamsahamnida!

Saranghaeyo everyone!!