Chapter 4

My Last Wish
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Thank goodness that Hakyeon’s fever is getting better. However, he frequently vomits every day in the morning. Since today is Saturday, he decides to go out with Hyuk and he already asks permission from his father since he doesn’t want that incident to happen again. Hyuk waits for him on the outside while listening to music by using the headphone.

“Come, let’s go.” Hakyeon taps the latter’s shoulder to inform him

Hyuk takes off his headphone and looks at Hakyeon with a confused face.

“What did you say?” Hyuk asks confusedly.

“I said let’s go.” Hakyeon smiles due to his friend’s behavior.

“Oh, okay.” Hyuk starts to walk with Hakyeon by his side.

Along with their walk, Hyuk decides to asks Hakyeon about the other day when Hakyeon had a fever.

“Hakyeon-ah,” Hyuk calls the latter’s name and makes the latter looks at him.

Hakyeon just hums as a response.

“I have a question to ask you,” Hyuk says while looking at Hakyeon nervously. He scared if he will ruin his mood today but he still wants to know what happen the other day.

“What is it?” Hakyeon waits for Hyuk to ask patiently.

“Did something happen to you before you end up with a fever?” Hyuk asks curiously.

Hakyeon’s smiles fade away slowly.

“It’s okay if you don’t want to tell me.” Hyuk cancels his intention to ask but got cut off by Hakyeon.

“No, I will tell you what happens. I knew you will ask me since you already known me for a long time and understand me well.” Hakyeon says as he smiles to Hyuk to ensure the boy that he is fine with it.

“Actually, my father slapped me when I arrived home.” Hakyeon starts the story and it makes Hyuk surprises about the news.

“Huh?” Hyuk looks at Hakyeon confusedly.

“He slapped me because my stepmother told him that I pushed her since she doesn’t allow me to go out but it is totally a lie. I didn’t push her. She gave me a permission to go out. I got framed.” Hakyeon explains sadly when he remembers the incident.

“Is it hurt?” Hyuk knows that he asks a stupid question to Hakyeon but as a best friend, he will make sure that he knows every single thing about Hakyeon.

Hakyeon nods and says, “It hurts a lot.”

“Hey, Hakyeon,” Hyuk calls him and makes Hakyeon looks into his eyes.

“How about we go hang out today at every place that are fun? I will pay for you.” Hyuk suggests happily.

“Where we want to go?” Hakyeon asks as he agrees with the idea as well.

“Play arcades?” Hyuk asks as he looks at Hakyeon.

“Good idea.” Hakyeon agrees and Hyuk happy since his friend accepts his offer.

They play basketball, pinball, and some computer games. They do have a fun time that day. As soon they enjoy playing the games, their stomachs start to growl and they walk to a restaurant nearby.

“Hey, Hyuk. Don’t you have any crush before?” Hakyeon suddenly asks and makes Hyuk chokes as he is eating the food.

Hyuk coughs harshly and it makes Hakyeon worry about him. Hakyeon pats Hyuk’s back gently and it helps him to get better.

“Why?” Hyuk drinks his juice while looking at Hakyeon with curious.

“It is because I’m curious.” Hakyeon gives him a simple answer.

“Why? Oho, don’t tell you me that you have a crush on me?” Hyuk teases his friend and got a slap from Hakyeon.

“Ouch!” Hyuk rubs his hand to ease the pain that he gets from Hakyeon.

“I’m serious okay.” Hakyeon scolds his friend for being not so serious.

“Well, I don’t have any crush until now since I don’t find anyone that interesting,” Hyuk answers his question honestly.

“Besides, my friend here is more important than my future girl or boyfriend,” Hyuk says jokingly.

Hakyeon just scoffs at his words.

 “Well, it is the truth

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter