Chapter 20

My Last Wish
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hakyeon opens his eyes slowly after being unconscious for a long time since morning. He closes his eyes back when the light is too bright.

“So bright…” Hakyeon mumbles slowly and makes the others look at him.

“Oh, have you waked up?” Hyuk walks next to Hakyeon’s bed as he tries to help the boy.

Hakyeon opens his eyes again and looks to his right as he founds Hyuk and the others are looking at him.

“Where am I?” Hakyeon sits up slowly with the help from his boyfriend, Taekwoon.

“You are in the hospital,” Wonshik answers Hakyeon’s question as he crosses his both hands to his chest.

“What? No, I have to home now. My father would kill me if he founds out that I’m here.” Hakyeon starts to worry when he founds out that he was in the hospital.

“You don’t have to worry. My sister has informed your father that you need to attend some school activities. She told your father that you will be coming home at night and your father said it is okay.” Hongbin says as he tries to ensure his friend that everything is okay.

Hakyeon lets out a deep breath as he leans against the headboard.

“Hakyeon, can I ask you a question?” Taekwoon holds Hakyeon’s hand as he caresses the latter’s hand gently.

Hakyeon hums as an answer.

“Is it true that you were sick all this time?” Taekwoon looks into Hakyeon’s eyes to find the answer.

Hakyeon opens his eyes widely as he feels shocked when the boy asks him the sudden question. It seems like they already know about it. He wishes that he can still act in front of them but when he thinks again, what's the point for him to lie when they already know the truth.

“More like dying,” Hakyeon answers honestly and makes the others look at him with sad eyes. Jaehwan’s eyes were glittering with the tears as he tries to hold back the tears from falling.

“The doctor said that your brain cancer has risen up to the higher stage,” Hyuk informs Hakyeon about his health condition at this moment.

“Is that meaning that I am now diagnosed at the last stage of brain cancer?” Hakyeon asks Hyuk with a sad tone as he makes Hyuk feels guilty.

Hyuk just nods since he feels guilty to tell his friend that he is dying.

“I knew it.” Hakyeon chuckles darkly as he lowers his head staring at his legs.

“But it doesn’t mean that you won’t get cured, Hakyeon-ah. You can still survive as long as you work on the chemotherapy every day.” Taekwoon says as he holds both of Hakyeon’s hands tightly.

“I know but do you think it is possible when my father locks me in the room for 24 hours a day?” Hakyeon tilts his head as he looks at Taekwoon while asking the boy a question.

“You can tell him that you have a class. Haeun-noona can help you.” Hyuk suggests as he glances at his boyfriend, Hongbin and receives a nod from the boy.

“I wish that I can but you know that there are so many eyes keep watching on me these few days.” Hakyeon protests because he scares if his father founds out about the truth.

“I promise you that no one will know about this. I can ask my father to help. Please, Hakyeon. It is about your life.” Hyuk pleads with his friend and makes him think.

Hakyeon turns his head and looks at the outside of the window as he is thinking. After a few seconds of thinking, Hakyeon sighs heavily before he looks at his best friend with a worried face.

“I’m scared.” Hakyeon looks at his best friend, telling him that he scared.

“You don’t have to. We will always stay by your side no matter what. Even if your father kicks you away from that house, either Taekwoon’s or my parents can be your guardians.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter