Chapter 19

My Last Wish
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

GUYS!!! Get ready for the .

........................................................................................................................................................

Hakyeon’s life becomes more miserable when his father treated him worse than before. Even though his father doesn’t beat him anymore but the things become worse when his father doesn’t allow him to go out from his room except if he wants to go to school. He wasn’t allowed to go out anymore and that is why his condition has become worse than before since he can’t go to the hospital for treatment. He often gets a high fever and sometimes vomited. His body becomes numb and sore as he can’t walk or move properly. He was scared. Having a brain tumor stage 3 without treatment will make the tumor to recur at a higher stage and the treatment is generally difficult during that stage. Is he going to die? There are so many things that he worried in his mind for now. His hairs often drop nowadays and that makes his hairs lessen than before. Not only that, his face turns pale like a paper sheet and that is why people see him just like a sick people.

“Yah, Cha Hakyeon. Have you gone to the hospital? You always sick nowadays.” Jaehwan says worriedly as he pats Hakyeon’s shoulder gently.

“Do you want to go to the hospital after this?” Taekwoon brushes his boyfriend’s hairs softly.

“I’m fine, really. You guys are too worried about me.” Hakyeon says while looking at them weakly.

“Hmm…actually I want to ask you something, Hakyeon-ah. That day, when you ask me to find your painkiller, the painkiller that I gave to you wasn’t a normal painkiller, right? It was opioid, right?” Wonshik asks in a sudden and makes Hakyeon looks at him with wide eyes.

“Opi-opioid?” Hakyeon stutters since he feels scared.

“Yes, the label showed that it was opioid. I’m pretty sure that my eyes weren’t blind that time.” Wonshik says confidently and makes the others look at them curiously.

“I know nothing. I’m just eating the painkillers that doctor gave to me. I don’t even know that it was opioid. Moreover, opioid and painkillers are just the same types of medicines, right?” Hakyeon fakes a smile while looking at Wonshik with scared eyes.

“I don’t think so. What I know is opioid is a type of drug that used for pain relief and usually, it used for the cancer patients. It is not a normal painkiller, Hakyeon-ah. It has morphine in it. You know how strong the morphine can effect to a normal human, right?” Wonshik says seriously and his words make the others gasp in shock.

“Yeon-ah, did you hide something from us?” Taekwoon asks worriedly while looking at the pale boy.

 “No! I swear that I didn’t hide anything from you guys!” Hakyeon shouts and makes the other surprise of his sudden action.

“Hakyeon…”

Without waiting for the latter to finish his words, Hakyeon stands up and walks away from that place. Taekwoon immediately chases Hakyeon from the back while the others pay their attention to Wonshik.

“What do you mean that Hakyeon has the thing that you mentioned just now?” Jaehwan asks his beloved boyfriend curiously and receives a sigh from his boyfriend.

“That day when he slept in Taekwoon’s house, he had a terrible headache. He asked me to find a painkiller in his bag and I just do whatever he asked me to do. But the thing is, I found a bottle of opioids which is different from the painkiller that we used to eat. I tried to search on the internet to find out about the opioid. Just now I already mentioned that the opioid wasn’t a normal painkiller, right? It means Hakyeon has a chronic disease that we don’t know.” Wonshik explains clearly to make his friends understand.

“What? But, why Hakyeon says that he doesn’t know that the pills he took all this time are opioids?” Hyuk looks at Wonshik in disbelief.

“I don’t know. I think he hides something from us.” Wonshik shrugs his shoulder.

“NO! He will never lie to me! We have become friends for years already!” Hyuk shouts angrily since he doesn’t want to accept the truth.

“Hyuk-ah…” Hongbin places his hand on Hyuk’s hand gently.

“I’m going to find him.” Hyuk says before he leaves them in the cafeteria to find Hakyeon.

___________________________________________________________________________________

“Hakyeon-ah!!!” Taekwoon shouts while chasing Hakyeon onto the rooftop.

Hakyeon stops his steps as soon as he arrives at the rooftop. He pants heav

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter