Chapter 27

My Last Wish
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Taekwoon-ah, can I say something?” Hakyeon leans against the pillow while his eyes looking at his boyfriend who is sitting next to him.

“Go on,” Taekwoon allows Hakyeon to talk as he is waiting for the boy to talk.

“What if,” Hakyeon stops his words as he takes a deep breath before he continues to talk.

What if I die eventhough I still continuing the treatment? Will you still blame me?” Hakyeon tilts his head to look at his boyfriend who is looking sad when he mentions his death.

“Hakyeon-ah, I would rather blame myself for letting you dying instead of blaming you,” Taekwoon says in a sad tone as he chokes, trying to hold back the tears.

“Please don’t say like that, Taekwoon-ah. If you blame yourself like this, do you think I can die in a piece?” Hakyeon caresses Taekwoon’s head to make the boy looks at him.

Taekwoon keeps quiet since he doesn’t know what he wants to say after listening to Hakyeon’s words.

“I just want you to know that I won’t give up on my life. I will keep on doing the treatment and it doesn’t matter to me if the treatment fails. As long as I have tried, right?” Hakyeon mutters the last word sadly.

“You don’t have to worry too much. I am happy. I’m happy with my life now. I have my mother. I have my friends to support me and I have you to stay beside me all night. I’m happy that there are so many peoples keep supporting me to stay strong and I already promised to myself that I will make sure that I will spend the time I had left with something beneficial.” Hakyeon holds Taekwoon’s hands and he smiles brightly while his tears are glittering inside his eyes.

Taekwoon nods and he stands up to pull Hakyeon into a hug. He hugs the latter tightly while mumbling a thank you to that boy.

___________________________________________________________________________________

 

“Oh, Hakyeon-sshi. Aren’t you supposed to rest in your room by now?” The doctor furrows his eyebrow as he feels weird to see Hakyeon who is helping some of the staffs in the hospital.

"I'm sorry, doctor but I just want to help them. Is it okay with you? After all, people like me do not have the potential to recover so, I think it would be nice if I use the times that I had by helping people who need help. "Hakyeon puts the box onto the floor while explaining to the doctor.

“I understand, Hakyeon-sshi but you need enough rest if you want to get better.” The doctor says worriedly as he crosses his both hands to his chest.

“Oh, come on, doctor. You just said that you understand me. Please, I just want to help them. Can’t you see that they need help? Omo, don’t tell me that you forget we have a shortage of hospital staff today?” Hakyeon mocks the doctor playfully.

“I know that we have a shortage of hospital staff today but it doesn’t mean that you have to…” before he could finish his words, Hakyeon already cuts him off.

“I don’t care what you want to say. My decision is final.” Hakyeon spits out his tongue towards the doctor.

The doctor sighs heavily since he knows that he will never win against the boy and after that, he puts on a smile on his face.

“It is good to see you like this, Hakyeon-sshi. You know, you look happier than before. I wish that you can stay happy like this until your last breath.” The doctor says as he looks at Hakyeon with shining eyes.

“Yeah, I hope the same thing too,” Hakyeon says before he smiles towards the doctor.

“Hakyeon-sshi, can you bring the box here?” Suddenly, a hospital shouts to call Hakyeon.

“Okay! Gotta go now, bye.” Hakyeon winks at the doctor before he brings the box to the hospital staff.

___________________________________________________________________________________

 

“Hakyeon-ah, I have some funny story to tell you,” Hyuk whispers next to Hakyeon’s ears but it is loud enough for the others to hear what he said.

“Yah, don’t you dare to tell him!” Wonshik shouts as he tries to stop Hyuk from continuing his words.

“Is it something that embarrassing you, Wonshik-ah?” Hakyeon laughs when he looks at his friend’s blushing face.

“Yes,” Wonshik says in a low volume.

“It's okay, Hyuk-ah. Just keep it in a secret.” Hakyeon says to Hyuk and makes the boy pouts cutely.

“You are not fun, Hakyeon-ah,” Hyuk says while pouting makes the boy pinch his cheeks.

“Aigoo, why your boyfriend is so cute, Hongbin-ah?” Hakyeon asks Hongbin while pinching Hyuk’s cheeks.

“Now only you know?” Hongbin scoffs when he listens to Hakyeon’s words.

“Yes, I just know about it today because, in my opinion, only Taekwoon is cute,” Hakyeon says jokingly.

“What?! Are you saying that I wasn’t cute before?” Hyuk say

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter