Chapter 24

My Last Wish
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Haemi stays in the hospital to take care of Hakyeon. She will always bring foods for her beloved son and she had a conversation with that boy. Hakyeon becomes happier than before. Although he is seeking for his father’s love, he thinks the love from his mother is more than enough. Not only that, he has Taekwoon and his friends to let him feel the taste of loves.

“Hakyeon-ah, I brought your favorite foods.” Haemi enters the room happily while holding a plastic contained food.

 She puts the food on the desk near to Hakyeon’s bed. Hakyeon looks at his mother as he smiles.

“By the way, I have good news for you today.” Haemi stops her action and looks at her son as she talks.

“What is it?” Hakyeon furrows his left eyebrow since he wonders.

“Your favorite aunty will be coming to visit today. And one more, your beloved boyfriend told me that he will stay with you today. So, today, I will not sleep here. I want both of you to spend times. Okay.” Haemi says as she smiles happily.

“Are you happy?” Hakyeon puts his right hand under his chin as he asks the woman who is smiling brightly in front of him.

“Of course I am happy because it is something makes you happy, right?” Haemi says while preparing the foods.

Hakyeon nods while smiling. Actually, he feels happy when his mother happy. It is good to see his mother smiling. It gives some inspiration for him to keep walking on his tough journey.

Knock! Knock!

“Hakyeon-ah!!!!” Mrs. Park hugs Hakyeon as soon as she enters the room.

“Yah, ahjumma! I can’t breathe if you hug me like this.” Hakyeon scolds Mrs. Park as he resists in the hug.

“Oh, come on. It has been awhile since the last time I saw you. Look at you, you look so chubby. Your mother did a good job by taking care of you, I see.” Mrs. Park glances at the mother of the child while she caresses Hakyeon’s face.

“It has been awhile since the last time we met, madam.” Mr. Park bows slightly to the woman.

“I told you not to call me ‘madam’. Besides, you are older than me.” Haemi says and she turns her attention back to the woman who is hugging her son tightly.

“Mrs. Park, my son can’t breathe if you keep hugging him like that,” Haemi says while laughing.

Mrs. Park pouts and when she is about to let go of the boy, the boy pulls her hand back.

“Oh, come on. It’s okay. Besides, I miss her affection a lot.” Hakyeon hugs Mrs. Park as he talks to his mother.

Kring!Kring!

“Hello,” Haemi answers the call.

“Aunty, I have something to tell you.” It was Hyuk.

“What is it? You sound serious.” Haemi frowns while glancing at Hakyeon who is looking at her curiously.

“Jaehyuk, he was arrested by the police,” Hyuk informs seriously.

“Jaehyuk?” When Hakyeon hears Jaehyuk’s name, he takes the phone from his mother to talk with his best friend.

“What happens to Jaehyuk, Hyuk-ah?” Hakyeon asks curiously.

“My father arrested him a few hours ago. Now, he is in the lockup for a few investigations. I already inform this to Jaehwan. I asked him to get ready because, at any moments, your father will be taking this case to the court. I’m sure he will,” Hyuk explains clearly in a serious tone.

“Ouh…” Hakyeon sounds worried and feels guilty at the same time.

“You don’t have to feel guilty. He deserves it. He should be punished. You don’t have to worry about him and just focus on your treatment. I will settle this matter by myself. That’s all I wanted to say. Bye.” Hyuk ends the call.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Meanwhile at the Cha’s mansion,

Mr. Cha is resting in the living room while watching a movie with his son while his wife reads the magazine. Suddenly, the bell rings.

“Who is that?” Mr. Cha asks and his wife shrugs her shoulder as she walks to the door to open it.

She founds some men in complete uniforms in front of her.

“Yes, can I help you?” Mrs. Cha asks politely yet nervous at the same time.

“We are fr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter