Chapter 21

My Last Wish
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Beep… beep…

Thank goodness that Jaehwan does not injure badly although his head wrapped in the bandage. The doctor said he may be wake up around 2-3 hours later. Sung Woo’s heart feels ease a little bit when the doctor said that his brother is fine. However, there are so many things inside his mind for now. He regrets not listening to his brother. He feels guilty. Because of him, his brother is now lying on the hospital bed.

He swears that he will never forgive Jaehyuk for hurting his brother. He holds his brother’s hand while crying.

“I’m so sorry, hyung. I should listen to you.” Sung Woo cries while apologizing to his brother who is still unconscious.

“I always wanted to have friends just like you. And then, when I met them, they asked me to join their group. I was so happy at that time. I finally thought to myself that I have friends. However, it turns out that I was wrong. They were not sincerely become my friends. They were using me.” Sung Woo says as he lowers his head looking at the floor sadly.

“I’m the one who supposed to be lying on the bed, not you.” Sung Woo cries again and due to his surprise, he hears someone talks to him.

“Stop blaming yourself, Lee Sung Woo.” Jaehwan opens his eyes after being unconscious for a few hours. He turns to his left side to look at his younger brother.

“Hyung!!!” Sung Woo pulls his brother into a hug as soon as he sees his brother wake up.

“Yah, yah. Stop hugging me, you little kid.” Jaehwan laughs at his brother sudden behavior.

“I don’t care. I thought I will lose you, hyung.” Sung Woo cries in the embrace and makes his brother pats his back gently.

“I’m sorry for making you worry but see, I’m still breathing, right?” Jaehwan pushes his brother slowly to make his brother looks into his eyes.

“I’m the one supposed to say sorry to you, hyung.” Sung Woo says in guilty.

“It is my job to protect you, Sung Woo-ah. You are my one and only brother that I had. I can’t let anyone hurt you. Even I also didn't hurt you. As the older brother, it is my responsibility to protect my brother from getting hurt.” Jaehwan pats his brother’s shoulder gently as he talks.

“It is a normal thing for a young kid like you to make mistakes. Not only you. I also have my own mistakes. Everyone has. We are humans, Sung Woo-ah. No one is perfect. That is why pencils have erasers. From that mistake, we learn.” Jaehwan says as he looks at his brother with caring eyes.

“You don’t hate me?” Sung Woo looks at his brother in curiosity.

Jaehwan laughs when he hears the words that come out from his brother’s mouth.

“Why would I hate you? You are my favorite dongsaeng.” Jaehwan pinches Sung Woo’s cheeks while laughing.

“Ouch! Hyung~ let me go!” Sung Woo tries to pull away from his brother’s hands from pulling his cheeks.

“Jaehwan-ah!” Wonshik ambushes into the room abruptly not even bother to knock the door.

Jaehwan and Sung Woo turn their attention to Wonshik who is looking so worried.

“Wonshik?” Jaehwan furrows his eyebrow when he looks at his boyfriend weird behavior.

Sung Woo takes his chance to run away from his brother as he stands up and walks to Wonshik.

“Thank goodness that you are alright.” Wonshik cups his boyfriend’s face to check the latter.

“Oh, you guys are here too,” Jaehwan says as he looks at the others who just enter the room.

“Of course,” Hongbin says before he takes a sit on the sofa facing them.

Hakyeon walks behind Taekwoon, wearing a white coat with his pale face.

“Are you getting better now?” Taekwoon asks before he puts a basket of fruits onto the desk next to Jaehwan’s bed.

“I guess so. Oh, Hakyeon-ah!” Jaehwan looks at Hakyeon as he puts on a bright smile on his face.

Hakyeon sits next to Jaehwan before he could smile at Jaehwan.

“I’m sorry, Jaehwan-ah. Because of my stepbrother, you are here on the hospital bed.” Hakyeon apologizes since he feels guilty because of his stepbrother.

“Why are you apologizing? Jaehyuk is the one who supposed to say sorry to me, not you.” Jaehwan says as he pats Hakyeon’s shoulder to tell that he wasn’t wrong.

“My brother is right. Jaehyuk is the one who supposed to apologize to me and my brother instead of you.” Sung Woo interferes as he crosses his arms over his chest.

“That’s enough. Let’s just stop talking about this topic. Before that, I have something serious to talk with you, Jaehw

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter