037

End Game

 

“You’re lucky. Very lucky.” Songah said dryly as she picked up her beer, Mark grinned at her. They were at her place, enjoying some late night snacks, while Jiwon and Jackson were having a Mario Kart competition across them.

“So, she really went after her?” Jinyoung asked.

“Yeah, she went to Jiwon’s company. How bold.” Songah rolled her eyes, Jaebum shook his head.

“Do you think she’ll make a mess?” Jaebum spoke before picking up another drumstick.

“I hope not.” Mark said, his eyes went to Jiwon briefly.

“Jiwon can handle things like that, but with all the talk about her engagement falling apart…” Songah scrunched her nose.

“Ah, so you two didn’t go official yet.” Jinyoung commented.

“What official?” Jiwon approached them, she grinned before plopping beside Songah.

“You and Tuan.” Jinyoung nodded.

“Do people still do that?” She asked, her eyes going to Mark.

“Only if you want to, our families already know, so, what’s the big deal?” Mark stated, Jiwon paused, then she took out her phone.

“What?”

“Luhan texted me earlier.”

“Blech.” Songah shuddered, Mark picked up the device and he read the message.

“He wants to meet up.” Jiwon stated, Jaebum chuckled.

“No one’s gonna fall for that trap,” Jaebum said.

“I said yes.” Jiwon spoke, they all paused and stared at her.

“What?!” Jackson dropped the console and crawled towards them, Mark looked at Jiwon questioningly.

“To settle things.”

“What’s there to settle? Your father cleared it all up for you.” Mark stated, Songah bit her lip and glanced at him.

Let’s talk outside.” Jiwon stood up, Mark sighed before following her.

“I swear to god; he is a nuisance till the end.” Songah muttered to herself before finishing her chicken, Jinyoung chuckled and mussed her hair.

 

 

“Are you sure about this? Meeting him alone?” Mark asked they stepped out to the veranda.

I am.

Jiwon looked at him, Mark’s forehead was furrowed as he diverted his gaze to the view before them, she smiled to herself before speaking again.

“I know you’re worried, and I understand why, but…we need to talk too.”

“After running away from him so much, with just one text you go to him voluntarily.” Mark replied, Jiwon grew amused.

“Why? Are you worried I might want him back?”

Mark eyed her warily, she laughed.

“We kind of have a lot of things left…unfinished. And I don’t like loose ends.”

Mark opened his arms to her, Jiwon smiled before letting him hug her.

“And you, Tuan Yi En, need to sit down with your ex and talk.” She pointed out, Mark scrunched his nose.

“Avoiding wont really do anything, it will probably make things worse.” She nodded along, Mark sighed and he pulled back to meet her gaze.

“What if you realize that you’re probably better off with him than me?” He asked her, Jiwon laughed.

“Fat chance.” She replied, Mark smiled before kissing her cheek.

I had a feeling you’d say that.” He nodded quickly, Jiwon smiled.

Yeah, so no need to worry about me. Talking with Luhan wont stress me out.” She mused back, Mark rolled his eyes at her.

I’m sorry I let my ex bother you, Red.

It was nothing big, really, Mark, it’s fine. Stop worrying about it.” Jiwon patted his shoulders before walking back to the living room, Mark smiled to himself before following her.

 

 

Luhan smiled as Jiwon took her seat across him.

“Thanks for agreeing to meet me, Won.”

“It’s better this way, how have you been?” Jiwon asked politely, Luhan paused but he offered her a smile.

“I’ve been well. You look good, happy.” Luhan said, Jiwon nodded back.

“I just wanted to apologize, Won. After everything that happened, I know I caused you a lot of stress and I~”

“We’re even now, Luhan ge.” She spoke, Luhan paused.

“You..You might have been pushy and..possessive, but, we were friends before all that.”

Luhan looked at her, Jiwon bit her lip before speaking again.

“I have to apologize to you too, I also gave you a hard time.” She said before stretching her hand to him, Luhan smiled and took it.

“Let’s be friends, ge. I’d really like that.”

“It does seem like a good idea, Miss Hong.” Luhan chuckled.

“Good for the business too.” Jiwon winked, Luhan laughed.

“Was that a jab at me?“ Luhan asked her, Jiwon laughed.

“Call me if you ever happen to pass by Beijing. I’ll treat you to something nice.”

 

 

Jiwon stepped out of the café and fixed the strap of her Chanel as she walked to her car, then she paused when she saw a familiar figure standing a few meters away from her.

“J—Jihye,” She spoke, the girl smirked and started to walk towards her.

“You’re not that hard to trace, Hong Jiwon.”

Oh, not again.” Jiwon muttered under her breath, Jihye met her gaze evenly.

“Do you have an answer now?” She spoke, Jiwon’s brows rose at her.

“To what?”

“I asked you, remember?”

“You’re not really worth remembering.” Jiwon muttered in Mandarin, Jihye looked at her challengingly.

“What makes you think you’re worthy of him, Hong Jiwon?”

Jiwon was about to speak when she felt someone pull her gently, she glanced up just as the back of her head hit Mark’s chest slightly.

“M—Mark,” Jihye was surprised to see him.

“I came to pick you up, I was waiting in the car, but then you seem to take too long.” Mark spoke, Jiwon was about to reply.

“Mark, you have to listen to me. She won’t be good for you, she’s~”

“We already talked about this. Jihye, you have to stop.” Mark spoke, Jiwon started to move away, but Mark yanked her back.

Tuan Yi En.” She muttered. But Mark’s grip on her tightened.

“This has to end here; you have to stop bothering the people around me.” Mark spoke to her, Jihye was just shaking her head.

“You’re just blinded by everything, she’s new and you are~”

“No. I know what I want now, Jihye. And I want you to leave us alone.” Mark spoke again, Jiwon bit her lip.

“Mark, I was just~”

Let’s go.” Mark entwined his fingers with Jiwon’s, the girl paused for a brief moment, he noticed how her forehead furrowed.

It’s okay. We’re okay.” Mark said quietly before leaning over to kiss her forehead.

“You will regret this, Mark.” Jihye spoke, Mark didn’t react, he just wrapped one arm around Jiwon and they walked towards his waiting car.

 

Fat chance.” Mark shrugged before opening the door for Jiwon, she smiled at him in return.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

 

A/N:

I won't be able to update for 2 weeks max. Heading to LA the tomorrow. You can always reach me on my twitter account, @bluestone1317

See you when I get back! :>